Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Developer MUST READ! (GOLD FARMERS ARE RUINING THIS GOOD GAME!)

GreatPlayer
GreatPlayer
✭✭✭
Today I decided to do some dungeons and grind some dungeon boss. Instead of having fun and finding challenge what I saw shocked me! I saw 10 players running in circles killing mobs! At first I was thinking ok this is normal they are just farming for material, so I went on and finished the dungeon, then I came back, still the same 10 people are running in circle killing the same mob over and over again! I became suspicious because they are running the same circle and they are always following this sorcerer guy. So I thought wow they are either bots or real player, why don't I join in on the action, so I whisper them? no response, I invited them to my group, INSTEAD i get the message they are already group together.

This is completely unacceptable, almost in every dungeon that have a good boss spawn rate, or lots of space, there are GOLD FARMERS running in circles killing mobs farming gold! The funny thing is this is veteran lvl 1 and one of those gold farmers is already veteran lvl 7! I bet you the guy must been doing this for 1 thousand hours or more!

Gold farmers ruins the game because they camp out all the best site and they inflate the gold, making gold useless. Just look at what happened in DIABLO 3! PLS I BEG YOU BAN THOSE GOLD FARMERS, get tough on them. Its ok to make a few mistake and accidentally ban legitimate farmers, because they will always call you back and tell you they are legit!

Case in point BAN GOLD FARMERS BEFORE THEY ruin the game and the economy! THANK YOU!
  • sbanned_245443
    Ok let me summarize: u want to ban people because they are grouping up, running around and farming items? You know thats the purpose of mmos right?
  • GreatPlayer
    GreatPlayer
    ✭✭✭
    raykay wrote: »
    Ok let me summarize: u want to ban people because they are grouping up, running around and farming items? You know thats the purpose of mmos right?

No I want to ban the BOTS! those are not people they are computer bots! it sounds to me you are new to MMO and doesn't know difference between boting and real farming!
  • Dagget
    Dagget
    Soul Shriven
    Well, doubt that was bots in that situation. Could be farmers but they would need to be at the keyboard to deal with the boss, so can't do a lot there. Bigger issue is the Speed hackers *** the resource nodes everywhere all day - and that *can* be done while they are afk/asleep/etc. 2 days ago they could all at least be seen if you watched closely, now most are invisible and only way to spot one is to stand near a node and point mouse pointer at the spot where the bot char will warp in - then you got about 1.5 seconds of seeing the bot chars name while they harvest the node and then warp away. Zenimax banning accounts won't solve that issue, either, needs a code fix.
  • CNDTrae
    CNDTrae
    ✭✭✭
    I remember my first mmo.

Seriously there are way bigger issues developers should be spending their time on right now. How are they going to ruin an economy that is controlled by guilds.
  • GreatPlayer
    GreatPlayer
    ✭✭✭
    Dagget wrote: »
    Well, doubt that was bots in that situation. Could be farmers but they would need to be at the keyboard to deal with the boss, so can't do a lot there. Bigger issue is the Speed hackers *** the resource nodes everywhere all day - and that *can* be done while they are afk/asleep/etc. 2 days ago they could all at least be seen if you watched closely, now most are invisible and only way to spot one is to stand near a node and point mouse pointer at the spot where the bot char will warp in - then you got about 1.5 seconds of seeing the bot chars name while they harvest the node and then warp away. Zenimax banning accounts won't solve that issue, either, needs a code fix.

Dude have you never heard of botting? Computer programs can program a character to run in circles and killing stuff, IM sure it isnt very hard once you get a bachelor in computer science! As a matter of fact in guild war 2 there were so many botters just running around in circles the economy became daed, but later they fixed it, but that took them like 6 month, I just hope it wont take that long in this game!
  • GreatPlayer
    GreatPlayer
    ✭✭✭
    CNDTrae wrote: »
    I remember my first mmo.

Seriously there are way bigger issues developers should be spending their time on right now. How are they going to ruin an economy that is controlled by guilds.

By making gold worthless! SUPER INFLATION!
  • MysticAura
    MysticAura
    ✭✭✭
    They will be dealt with, it's been discussed in a bunch of other threads and responded to by admins.

Markets being crashed by these people is why I basically cut myself out of the market. I don't buy anything from anyone. I make things or get things from mobs. In some ways it makes it more challenging but also keeps me from getting too annoyed with this type of thing.
  • ralph.baetzb16_ESO
    ralph.baetzb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Realy... it is massivly annoying to deal with this!!:

i.imgur.com/j4hKQE8.jpg

I just wanted to play a little bit after work (yes, on sunday) with my son and daughter. Yep, we have three accounts!

And we did not have ANY chance to fight the dungeon-boss... he was instant dead every time he spawned!

Im realy upset about this situation! Not to tell about the invitations in Gold-Seller guilds, whispers or inGame-Mails... the normal chat i also quit... because it is not longer usable...

Zenimax ... you HAVE TO deal with it... instantly! At the moment my fun with the game is... ZERO...
  • 0zymand1us
    0zymand1us
    Soul Shriven
    MysticAura wrote: »
    They will be dealt with, it's been discussed in a bunch of other threads and responded to by admins.

Yeah, sure. But has anyone thought to put "Developer MUST READ" in the title?! In CAPS so the devs know he's serious???

Game. Set. Match. This prob should be fixed by tomorrow.
  • jsmc
    jsmc
    Realy... it is massivly annoying to deal with this!!:

i.imgur.com/j4hKQE8.jpg

I just wanted to play a little bit after work (yes, on sunday) with my son and daughter. Yep, we have three accounts!

And we did not have ANY chance to fight the dungeon-boss... he was instant dead every time he spawned!

Im realy upset about this situation! Not to tell about the invitations in Gold-Seller guilds, whispers or inGame-Mails... the normal chat i also quit... because it is not longer usable...

Zenimax ... you HAVE TO deal with it... instantly! At the moment my fun with the game is... ZERO...

That picture completely summarizes my dungeon experiences so far. It's hilarious.

• Aenima_pt
    Aenima_pt
    ✭✭✭
    I just visited the gold farmers website to see what game they are active on, and basically they are in all MMO games and doing this for at least 7 years. So they dont will just desappear, problem is not the sellers, are the buyers that keep giving them money to keep they business alive.

This gold sellers are from china, (i checked they adress in the website) i know in china they have lan houses "working" just to farm gold (thats where the exprecion "Chinese Gold Farmer" cames from)

Only thing we can do is keep reporting them ALWAYS to reduce they gains, but they will not just dessapear, they will stay here as long the game is online.

With players reports and some ZOS effort they will be decreased to a point where they are not a big annoyence like now.

I think only place you dont get them is in console version of the game, and even there im not sure.

What really botthers me are the BOTS, probably used by these gold farmers, and wish there was GMs (Game Masters) in game seaching "hot spots" to ban them all in the spot.
  • Rin9les
    Rin9les
    This :
    Aenima_pt wrote: »
    What really botthers me are the BOTS, probably used by these gold farmers, and wish there was GMs (Game Masters) in game seaching "hot spots" to ban them all in the spot.

Many of the dungeons/small dungeons now have a permanent camp of botters.
    If you check the toons they are usually similar level, all from same account and are macro'd to make an attack approx every 2-5 secs. They are usually placed in a circle around the boss spawn area so that each one will hit the boss on spawn, then spam abilities 1-5, this gives them several kills for same account each 10 mins or so - lotsa gold farmed nice n easy.

The bit that people are missing is that most people are part of a large trading company. These farmers then use the farmed gold to buy/sell in these trading companies to manipulate the market, make even more cash and then sell it. In effect they have introduced indie rmah.

Does this affect the game? Arguably no because its just as easy to farm your own mats and make your own equipment than buy it. Personally I never use these trading houses, only my in-game guilds stores so it doesn't affect me.
    Only way to stop em is with a big banhammer - but like a weed they always come back.
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    the bots I have seen in the Ruins dungeon were not camping the boss, well 3 were but most of the bots (20 +) were set up in the ante chamber harvesting all the lesser mobs that spawned there. and yes... they were bots, they didnt move until a mob was about to spawn then move en masse to the area , spam their hardest hit attack and move to the next mob. It seemed to me that lag delayed the spawn from appearing visually but the bot could 'see' the mob before human users could. like the speed ore harvesters

You could mess up the pattern by killing the mob first (by camping a spawn site and pulling mob away from them) and / or running the mob into corners and staircases which caused the bots to get caught and run in place till their personal timer ran out, then they would all go quiet until the next mob spawned. Sometimes if you were lucky you could perma stick em into a tight corner where they would run non stop.

it became a mini game for me and another player. good times. I wonder if the player behind the bot accts was beaten for lack of estimated profits.....
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
  • UrielX
    UrielX
    Aenima_pt wrote: »
    I just visited the gold farmers website to see what game they are active on, and basically they are in all MMO games and doing this for at least 7 years. So they dont will just desappear, problem is not the sellers, are the buyers that keep giving them money to keep they business alive.

This gold sellers are from china, (i checked they adress in the website) i know in china they have lan houses "working" just to farm gold (thats where the exprecion "Chinese Gold Farmer" cames from)

Only thing we can do is keep reporting them ALWAYS to reduce they gains, but they will not just dessapear, they will stay here as long the game is online.

With players reports and some ZOS effort they will be decreased to a point where they are not a big annoyence like now.

I think only place you dont get them is in console version of the game, and even there im not sure.

Kinda sorta.
    Most of us are aware that they're out of Southeast Asia, and that's actually part of the problem. Many of the modern tech problems revolving around China are that:
    1. There's no IP protection (not sure if this really translates to gold farmers but it may). They just straight up steal stuff and there's nothing anyone can do to stop it.
    2. Hardly any labor oversight (this one is the biggie). Many of these are practically slave operations from the western viewpoint. Selling in game currency for the amount that it currently sells for, isn't a viable income source for the vast majority of people in the world. It works out to be less than minimum wage.
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dead giveaway is when 3-4 of them level at the same time. Coincidence? I doubt it.
  • GreatPlayer
    GreatPlayer
    ✭✭✭
    I am not against real players farming as a matter of fact I just farmed the same spot with 20 other people for 5 hours and lvl from vt1 to 2. I am against robot farming!

To be very honest I am a farmer myself, I do all the hard work no robot or program involved! And I know from experience there is no way I an compete with those bots!
    Edited by GreatPlayer on April 14, 2014 5:54AM
  • Elvikun
    Elvikun
    ✭✭✭
    You can see a difference between people farming and bots farming. Those groups of often oddly named people repeating the same set of actions on timer with cutting edge precision are definitely not "just people farming in group". It's really just a little bit more advanced version of the groups at boss spawns that keep spamming a skill on ground every 1 second, boss or not.
    Failing is a lifestyle too.
  • Harkrider
    Harkrider
    ✭✭✭
    1000 hours = 41.66 days

Sorry, you lost credibility at that point.
  • silvestru_liviueb17_ESO
    Gold sellers/farming bots are, in my personal point of view, the exactly last problem with this game, considering all the other issues.
    ~~~ROMANIAN SPIRITS~~~
    ~ALDMERI DOMINION~
  • Tiqwah1984
    Fun Fact: People like me who get suspended because of mailing gold with a friend get auto-suspended. But nothing happens with those kinds of bots. Really good job ZOS ...really...not!
  • Harkrider
    Harkrider
    ✭✭✭
    Tiqwah1984 wrote: »
    Fun Fact: People like me who get suspended because of mailing gold with a friend get auto-suspended. But nothing happens with those kinds of bots. Really good job ZOS ...really...not!

You're not the first person I've heard say this.

I hope you've contacted CS. Setting up a phone call would be quicker than sending an e-mail ticket.
  • Tiqwah1984
    allrdy set up 3 tickets, 1 forum post, and 2 "please call me" - but still nothing more like those "we will check it bla bla".

After im so disappointed because of this i decided to cancel my 90 Day Abo but wait: i cant even cancel my Abo while im suspended!

Worst Support ever! (and i was in many mmorpg!)
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would think filing a customer rights complaint with the Maryland Attorney General might eventually get the ball rolling...
  • Tiqwah1984
    what exactly you mean? Sorry im from switzerland and dont know exactly what is "maryland attorney General"
  • ZRage
    ZRage
    ✭✭✭
    This guy is amazing first he wrote that people running in circles and farming should be banned then he said hes being doing same thing for 5 hours :>

And really you suggest it's fine when some innocent people that happen to grind for 12+ hours a day get banned? It only means that the system would be weak and I'm pretty sure 95% of even most idiotic botters could still find a way to make profit. The key is to make good and balanced economy, reward - dificulity / risk ratio it is actually funny that lower level characters can actually make more gold in pub dungeons than Veteran players due to repair costs... Right now this game could be heaven for botters if only I stress IT if only the gold price would be high but it's not since gold is almoust useless in that game. The key is to ban right people and before they can cash-in or make profit otherwise it is fail, money get sucked economy get destroyed they move on with their wallet somewhere else.

I'd suggest:

Completely shutdown spam bots (suggesting censure here on \/ slashes and every stupid possible marks, those aren't needed for players to communicate)

Fixing / addjusting pub dungeons item/gold drop amount

Fixing lower level and reducing lower level and low difficulty areas drop rates

Greatly decreasing drop rates and exp reward in groups (I know it sounds odd but it is highly exploitable in group in this game you can clear dungeons / progress trough game like 5-10 times faster than solo) drops should be per damage / healing done in group or randomly placed. I know that "everybody wins mode" is fine but only until the game economy runs out that's mine opinion.

Increasing usability of gold in general, gold sinks, and more consumption.

Increasing drop rates from high difficulty areas or random events like dark fissure
    Edited by ZRage on April 15, 2014 10:02AM
  • GreatPlayer
    GreatPlayer
    ✭✭✭
    ZRage wrote: »
    This guy is amazing first he wrote that people running in circles and farming should be banned then he said hes being doing same thing for 5 hours :>

And really you suggest it's fine when some innocent people that happen to grind for 12+ hours a day get banned? It only means that the system would be weak and I'm pretty sure 95% of even most idiotic botters could still find a way to make profit. The key is to make good and balanced economy, reward - dificulity / risk ratio it is actually funny that lower level characters can actually make more gold in pub dungeons than Veteran players due to repair costs... Right now this game could be heaven for botters if only I stress IT if only the gold price would be high but it's not since gold is almoust useless in that game. The key is to ban right people and before they can cash-in or make profit otherwise it is fail, money get sucked economy get destroyed they move on with their wallet somewhere else.

I'd suggest:

Completely shutdown spam bots (suggesting censure here on \/ slashes and every stupid possible marks, those aren't needed for players to communicate)

Fixing / addjusting pub dungeons item/gold drop amount

Fixing lower level and reducing lower level and low difficulty areas drop rates

Greatly decreasing drop rates and exp reward in groups (I know it sounds odd but it is highly exploitable in group in this game you can clear dungeons / progress trough game like 5-10 times faster than solo) drops should be per damage / healing done in group or randomly placed. I know that "everybody wins mode" is fine but only until the game economy runs out that's mine opinion.

Increasing usability of gold in general, gold sinks, and more consumption.

Increasing drop rates from high difficulty areas or random events like dark fissure

Did you even read my post I did not say legitimate farmers should be banned, I said blotters should be banned!
  • ZRage
    ZRage
    ✭✭✭
    I've read everything bro, the problem is you were mad and you injected the confusion with first post saying 10 people ran in circles farming around like it's a crime or negative activity >.<

I'm against botting and cheating and I'd like them all banned too but accusing some random people of something and banning random people will only ruin this game...
    Edited by ZRage on April 16, 2014 7:30AM
  • michaelpatrickjonesnub18_ESO
    Ban gold farmers before they ruin the game and the economy!

What economy?

The country of Chad has a more of an economy.
  • Doowie
    Doowie
    ✭✭✭
    I've yet to see a gold spammer or a bot in this game. Saying they are ruining the economy.... this is not World of Warcraft. Remember that farming gold in ESO is pretty much impossible.

The only way a gold farmer is able to sell 100k of gold is because stupid players are getting their accounts hacked because they use the same email address & password for multiple website and games ... or they end up going to those gold selling websites themselves or download keylogger infected bot programs.

Remember that banning gold farmers/bots is an ongoing battle in the gaming industry. This is because as soon as you ban them, they will find away around the scripts that were made to found the bots that were being used and then get back to farming.

Also gold farmers NEVER use their own accounts. They used hacked accounts to do their jobs for them.

So do yourselves all a great favour and STOP USING THE SAME PASSWORD FOR YOUR EMAIL THAT YOU USE FOR YOUR GAME ACCOUNT!!
    [Name]: Doowie Doucheolas
    [Level]: Veteran Rank 5 / [PvP Rank]: Veteran
    [Class]: NightBlade / [Race]: Woodelf
    [Server]: EU Megaserver / [Faction]: Ebonheart Pact
    [Skills]: Medium Armour / Bow / Dual Wield / Werewolf / Clothing

"The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1000 hours ... which is around 41 days ... damm hackers , how did they began to play before the servers were even online? :P

So , what i get from the bet?

Anyway , OP , you cant defeat gold farmers , that simple , you can ban some , but that is just a hassle , not really a problem to them.

Also , it is NOT OK to ban normal players , it is NOT OK to punish people that did nothing wrong , you can bet i would be REALLY pissed if i was banned by mistake.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor