The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

FYI: Updates on Class Rep Program

• VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really, the only thing we can do is wait and save judgement until the next major update to see if this has any noticeable effect. If it starts immediately, then it means they will know what's coming and can discuss those potential changes in the VIP backroom. When those PTS patch notes arrive, we can compare the past with the future at that point to see how bad or good the next changes turn out to be.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If a more honest conversation can be had and that moves things forward in a way that makes for a better Tamriel then confidentiality is just fine.

It also takes some pressure of the reps, this one would imagine, as now it is quite clear and out there that they won't be giving away secrets, they can't, therefore simply don't ask that of them in the first place. Well some are bound to ask anyway.

Khajiit has had some strange things asked of herself from time to time and she has not so much even peeped through the back windows of their realm. Not once. Not the little ground level window with no curtains and a dodgy lock. No not that window at all ...

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • pkuronen
    pkuronen
    ✭✭✭
    Do the class reps represent the developer for the community or vice versa? I mean that are they the voice of developer brought closer to the community? Or do they just do silent testing and report back to developers?

I am feeling a lack of communication between the developers and the community. I see loads of questions thrown in to the forum with no answers other than fellow community member guesswork.
    Edited by pkuronen on October 30, 2018 9:25AM
  • Lark82
    Lark82
    ✭✭✭
    Dymence wrote: »
    MJallday wrote: »
    Sorry I fail to see how this helps the community in any way what so ever

If you sign an NDA it means YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DISCUSS ANYTHING TO DO WITH DISCUSSIONS RELATED TO THE CONEXT OF THE NDA

In that respect it’s more like a gagging order than any way to aid communications. If fact they are explicitly designed to inhibit them!

So I’m afraid this is just utter nonsense

I'm afraid that you're right.

I'm afraid that you and many others in this thread are completely missing the point.

Currently devs will not share info about big changes regarding combat balance with the reps in early stages. The reps learn everything at the same time we do.

With the signing of the NDA, the devs will have more freedom in the info they disclose to the reps, so that reps may quench concerns at a much earlier stage, allowing the dev team to consider appropriate changes over a longer timespan than they are currently where it mostly just ends up with "we're sticking with it".

So what does this NDA mean for the rest of us? Effectively nothing. Things will stay the same as is for the rest of us. We will learn about combat changes and balancing when the patches hit PTS. The important difference is that by the time they hit PTS, the reps will already have had a chance to give their input on said changes. They just won't be allowed to tell us anything before the PTS stage.

This!!
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Class reps will get notice about bad changes before the rest so they can QQ longer and it still will hit live?

Also, why not reintroduce the monthly combat updates? Or at least publish some grand combat plan for each class.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heh the only thing the Class Reps were representing us for prior to this NDA was our shared ignorance...all they could discuss was the Current state of the game...which we Already do in these forums...we need the Reps acting on our behalf for Ideas the Devs have of the Future...and to get them Back on track for what we as a community desire
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there are grand designs at work that aren't ready to be revealed to the public yet, at least the reps will get a sneak peek. I've got doubts that those designs exist beyond new costumes and cosmetics, but I hope I'm wrong.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MJallday wrote: »
    Sorry I fail to see how this helps the community in any way what so ever

If you sign an NDA it means YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DISCUSS ANYTHING TO DO WITH DISCUSSIONS RELATED TO THE CONEXT OF THE NDA

In that respect it’s more like a gagging order than any way to aid communications. If fact they are explicitly designed to inhibit them!

So I’m afraid this is just utter nonsense

I'm afraid that you're right.

I'm afraid that you and many others in this thread are completely missing the point.

Currently devs will not share info about big changes regarding combat balance with the reps in early stages. The reps learn everything at the same time we do.

With the signing of the NDA, the devs will have more freedom in the info they disclose to the reps, so that reps may quench concerns at a much earlier stage, allowing the dev team to consider appropriate changes over a longer timespan than they are currently where it mostly just ends up with "we're sticking with it".

So what does this NDA mean for the rest of us? Effectively nothing. Things will stay the same as is for the rest of us. We will learn about combat changes and balancing when the patches hit PTS. The important difference is that by the time they hit PTS, the reps will already have had a chance to give their input on said changes. They just won't be allowed to tell us anything before the PTS stage.

This 100%.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    NDA means ZOS can actually talk about updates long before they're due.

Reps will be able to know what skill lines or classes are in the works months before ZOS announce them, know what is in the works for any upcoming combat changes being conceptualised but not ready to be announced etc.

It's a good thing if people want the reps to have more input in things, otherwise they have to wait for everything to be public knowledge. We saw how well that worked with the shield changes coming out of nowhere for them.

NDA also means ZOS decides what we get to know from these meetings. They can decide how to paint the picture and nobody is there to provide an alternative point of view. It might be like war propaganda where your country is still winning the war despite losing every battle and being driven back at high speeds.
    Edited by Galarthor on October 30, 2018 3:51PM
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well said @Dymence
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galarthor wrote: »
    NDA also means ZOS decides what we get to know from these meetings. They can decide how to paint the picture and nobody is there to provide an alternative point of view. It might be like war propaganda where your country is still winning the war despite losing every battle and being driven back at high speeds.

I'm certain that class reps will be permitted to review meeting notes to check for accuracy and completeness prior to their publication. And that once those notes are published, those points can be discussed by anyone. The reps just can't bring in evidence from unannounced and unreleased story content, passives, skill lines, etc, while discussing those notes.

I'm more troubled that you chose to leap into a propaganda comparison. It's great to question and critically think about what bias or biases an editorial may have. But there's a difference between having specific concerns based on prior actions and behaviors, and having a strong passive distrust that doesn't consider context.
    signing off
  • Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elitists only club
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people live in their own deluded world.

I don't know what else to say, but those people who think that ZOS is somehow controlling us, muzzling us, or in anyway making it so we represent them rather than the community are misinformed.

Before NDA, ZOS could not tell us anything beyond the immediate next patch, so you didn't hear anything from them and we were incapable of saying anything because we weren't told anything. You weren't getting that sort of info and you couldn't give any feedback on that info because none of us had it. It's not like the NDA is changing anything in that regard.

What is changing is now we will have the ability to preempt questionable changes before they hit the PTS.
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don't know what else to say, but those people who think that ZOS is somehow controlling us, muzzling us, or in anyway making it so we represent them rather than the community are misinformed.

Before NDA, ZOS could not tell us anything beyond the immediate next patch, so you didn't hear anything from them and we were incapable of saying anything because we weren't told anything. You weren't getting that sort of info and you couldn't give any feedback on that info because none of us had it. It's not like the NDA is changing anything in that regard.

What is changing is now we will have the ability to preempt questionable changes before they hit the PTS.

Exactly what someone who was being controlled by the corporations would say!! Illuminati confirmed!

We're onto you, @Joy_Division

;P
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah is this a joke? Class reps are gonna be flamed even more and good luck with a NDA from ppl who are not even paid. Where has common sense gone these days?
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Emphasis mine.

I believe that you believe what you have said. However I consider it more likely, based on past ZOS actions, the early feedback will be used as early warning for PR issues rather than something that may be considered as part of the development cycle.

I am also at a loss to find the person representing the non-hardcore side of things. I only ask because I've looked at the posting history of the reps listed in this thread and I all I seem to be able to find is endgame PvE and PvP players... anyone know who it might be?
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think this is a very positive step and demonstrates that the class reps must be doing a good job demonstrating themselves as a potential value & resource to ZOS. I don't agree with peoples' issues with the NDA. To me, it is obvious that this will allow the reps to carry our views and interests back to an earlier point in development before things become locked in stone.

Bear in mind that they 'represent' OUR views not ZOS's. An NDA with ZOS wont diminish their ability to collate our views and communicate them to ZOS, it just means that they will have the opportunity to express those views at a stage in process that has more impact.

The only bit I don't agree with is that the reps should be doing this for zero compensation. If you pay a person nothing for their input, then you tend not to put a value on that input! Also, without compensation, these people will eventually reach burnout under the intense vitriol that seems to spew endlessly from the keyboards of "those-who-cannot-be-pleased!"
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Mysticman
    Mysticman
    ✭✭✭
    Liofa wrote: »
    You guys remember the cast time on shields idea? Now we will be able to say "dude stop" before something similar happens before it actually happens. That's pretty much all this NDA will may or may not provide for class reps.
    It was the hard core players complaining about the one second cast time on shields that led to ZOS changing it to a much worse solution of limiting shields to 50% of caster's max health, I'll take a one second cast time over having my shield reduced by 70% anyday. We know these guys are representing their friends who are hard core players but who is representing the casual player or the solo players? Apparently no one.
  • Lark82
    Lark82
    ✭✭✭
    Tasear is not an endgame player afaik.

It doesn't matter anyway because all the reps gather feedback on everything.
    As it should be.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mysticman wrote: »
    You guys remember the cast time on shields idea? Now we will be able to say "dude stop" before something similar happens before it actually happens. That's pretty much all this NDA will may or may not provide for class reps.
    It was the hard core players complaining about the one second cast time on shields that led to ZOS changing it to a much worse solution of limiting shields to 50% of caster's max health, I'll take a one second cast time over having my shield reduced by 70% anyday. We know these guys are representing their friends who are hard core players but who is representing the casual player or the solo players? Apparently no one.

ZOS had it out for PVE shield users, reps or no reps. The max health change looked like it was intended to punish pve without impacting pvp via cast times something historically zos usually doesn't do. They mainly changed pve at expense of pvp and don't go back on those changes. (IC being changed to be a PVE grindzone, lighting patch to make pve pretty at expense of pvp server performance, enchant-gate {which is being looked into again though}, light attack buffs, speed changes that punish solo/small group pvp, etc.)

Joy said it best, this will give the reps a chance to use the player feedback to voice concern on any changes zos puts in prior to PTS. Key thing to remember is the reps have all this feedback and lists, which they can use to remind zos why X change is terrible before wasting so many hours on adding it.
    Edited by Minno on October 31, 2018 3:32PM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We’d also like to take this time to talk about some changes we’re making to the program. Effective immediately, all Class Reps have signed a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) to help facilitate more transparency between them and the development team, and allow us to have a more open dialogue more regularly. This means that they will need to be very selective about what questions of yours they can answer. However, we still want to make sure everyone is aware of what we’re discussing. As mentioned previously, we still plan to publish any meeting notes from voice calls we have, and we’re talking about other ways we can keep everyone in the loop. More on that to come as we nail down the exact details.

... Interesting change.

Not sure about the NDA though, since "However, we still want to make sure everyone is aware of what we're discussing" seems kinda moot at that point. Especially since you want feedback from the community, about things that they're not certain about... Kinda seems like a recipe for a metric ton of miscommunication.

I look forward to seeing how it turns out, but am a bit skeptical about the apparent half-measure in terms of what the community as a whole will be able to see and provide feedback on.

Happy Halloween!
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on October 31, 2018 7:34PM
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lark82 wrote: »
    Tasear is not an endgame player afaik.

It doesn't matter anyway because all the reps gather feedback on everything.
    As it should be.

I think this may not be accurate, otherwise I find it difficult to understand why Tasear would be posting Sorcerer Healer builds for use in Trials and Dungeons or for an endgame Warden Healer build.

Reps may seek to gather feedback on everything, but how gather it, how they respond to what they get, how they select the things to ZOS, and how those things are framed will all depend on their own perspective.

Hardcore players are not the only ones who will notice changes. However, they may well be the ones best able to respond to mitigate them. Without the other side of that coin being explicitly represented I have ongoing concerns.
  • craftycarper73
    craftycarper73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Class reps > Puppets on a string.
    Born, Bred & Made in Manchester UK, RIP 22 Angels. 22/05/2017

PC-EU

The Place by Tony Walsh Please Read
    This is the place in the North West of England

It’s ace, it’s the best and the songs that we sing

From the stands, from our bands set the whole planet shaking

Our inventions are legends! There’s nowt we can’t make and

So we make brilliant music. We make brilliant bands

We make goals that make souls leap from seats in the stands

And we make things from steel and we make things from cotton

And we make people laugh, take the mick summat rotten

And we make you at home and we make you feel welcome

And we make summat happen, we can’t seem to help it

And if you’re looking for history then yes, we’ve a wealth

But the Manchester way is to make it yourself

And make us a record, a new number one

And make us a brew while you’re up, love. Go on!

And make us feel proud that you’re winning the league

And make us sing louder and make us believe it

that this is the place that has helped shape the world

And that this the place where a Manchester girl

Name of Emmeline Pankhurst from the streets of Moss Side

Led a Suffragette City with sisterhood pride

And this is the place with appliance of science

We’re on it, atomic, we strut with defiance

In the face of a challenge we always stand tall

Mancunians in union delivered it all

Such as housing and libraries, and health, education

And unions and co-ops, the first railway station

So we’re sorry! Bear with us! We invented commuters!

But we hope you forgive us – we invented computers!

And this is the place Henry Royce strolled with Rolls

And we’ve rocked and we’ve rolled with our own Northern Soul

And so this is the place to do business, then dance

Where go-getters and goal setters know they’ve a chance

And this is the place where we first played as kids

And me Mam lived and died here, she loved it she did

And this is the place where our folks came to work

Where they struggled in puddles, they hurt in the dirt

And they built us a city. They built us these towns

And they coughed on the cobbles to the deafening sound

Of the steaming machines and the screaming of slaves

They were scheming for greatness, they dreamed to their graves

And they left us a spirit, they left us a vibe

The Mancunian Way to survive and to thrive

And to work and to build, to connect and create and

Greater Manchester’s greatness is keeping it great

And so this is the place now we’ve kids of our own

Some are born here, some drawn here but we all call it home

And they’ve covered the cobbles, but they’ll never defeat

All the dreamers and schemers who still teem through these streets

Because this is a place that has been through some hard times

Oppressions, recessions, depressions and dark times

But we keep fighting back with Greater Manchester spirit

Northern grit, northern wit in Greater Manchester’s lyrics

And there’s hard times again in these streets of our city

But we won’t take defeat and we don’t want your pity

Because this a place where we stand strong together

With a smile on our face, Mancunians Forever

And we’ve got this* as the place where a team with a dream (*Forever Manchester)

Can get funding and something to help with their scheme

Because this is the place that understands your grand plans

We don’t do No Can Do, we just stress Yes We Can!

Forever Manchester’s a charity for people round ‘ere

You can fundraise, donate. You can be a volunteer

You can live local, give local. We can honestly say

We do charity differently, that Mancunian Way

And we fund local kids, and we fund local teams

We support local dreamers to work for their dreams

We support local groups and the great work they do

So can you …help us help… local people like you?

Because this is the place in our hearts, in our homes

Because this is the place that’s a part of our bones

‘Cos Greater Manchester gives us such strength from the fact

That this is the place. We should give something back.

Always remember. Never forget. Forever Manchester.
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First thing would to have your combat team actually playing the game and second good idea would to have an actual Q&A team in place.

As fort his news kind of ironical to me and many when I hear the "ZoS communicating". As record proves that means absolutely nothing.

As for the game... I do hope you have checked your recent login numbers and actual people playing the game. It is in swift decline in PS4 EU (Deservedly so)... and that wohn't be saved by any class representive programs or such.

Considering your upcoming nerfmire ideas and actual live stuff I don't see any point with these Class representative programs whatsoever... good luck running the game into ground.. It is in the horizon!
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Until Zos Actually listen to customers outside of their Dev bunkers its all pointless... Convenient to add NDAs for transparency which actually is the opposite and forces even less transparency Because NDAs.....

Unbelievable at this point.

Try breaking an NDA and see how you aren't being controlled..
    Edited by DanteYoda on November 2, 2018 1:17PM
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hahaahaaha

this makes me think less of you zos...

appreciate your transparency though.
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • Xerge
    Xerge
    ✭✭✭
    This is great news; class reps before this were essentially pointless (no offense meant; you can now do your jobs).
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    No reason of restrict reps with nda, they will break nda anyway and share info with their friends. Already happened before with Morrowind beta, will happen again coz it impossible to track such deed.

Well, I am more worried about the reps function as moderators. Not sure how discussions will keep up, focused and civilized without that.

How do you moderate a discussion about something you actually know to turn out totally different in the end, without slipping a word?

:s

Well, reps keep the good work up and alive. <3
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Perhaps. Now they can talk freely with you, but now you can't talk freely with us. So, not sure how much that helps.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Perhaps. Now they can talk freely with you, but now you can't talk freely with us. So, not sure how much that helps.

I'm sure they can still talk with us at the same level they could in the past.
    Now they will have extra info, and it's only that 'extra' that they can't divulge.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.