The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Last 6 dlc dungeons too difficult, not puggable

• ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wait this thread is still going on after half a year :trollface: ?
  • DamenAJ
    DamenAJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    DamenAJ wrote: »
    Still going off my difficulty with Vet falkreath hold, because I've all but quit after many many failures....

Hardcore modes should be made harder/remain the same, if people like them how they are. Veteran DLC dungeons difficulty should be reduced. When I tried, several times, for hours. I was level 660~, most of my gear legendary, good sets, decent dps/rotation(Not meta because of personal issues, but still good). Knew the mechanics. Explained mechanics every time we failed/had new people swap in. Over and over. Several times getting the boss to around 10-15%, FAIL, FAIL, FAIL, FAIL. The gear they give is not legendary, you shouldn't be required to be legendary to beat the bosses. They should be puggable by people with decent gear, cp, and rotation. Not meta. The vast difference between DLC and regular content is insane.

Hardcore mode for hardcore people, veteran for people with regular good gear and decent CP. That or remove the cosmetic rewards from the elitist achievements. One of the main things I love doing now that I'm super high and have played a lot is collecting dyes and making outfits, but the one dye I want the most is locked because this elitist DLC achievement. I cancelled my ESO subscription, because the frustration of DLC dungeons. It feels like a punishment to run randoms with ESO+ because I might get stuck in one of the stupid hard ones, and either watch everyone drop group or die over and over again. There should be an opt out if they keep them as hard as they are. And I'm not like a huge baby bad at this game, I love soloing public dungeons and normal dungeons. I can solo almost any world boss. I'm not meta, but I know what I'm doing.

I've all but rage quit this game, I'm hoping murkmire will calm me down and give me something fun to actually do. Because once you get to end game, there's a lot less that actually fun, I just wanted to do my achievments, collect my dyes, mess around with outfits and stuff.

The problem with adding extra modes is that people will still complain that things are too hard... Now you're complaining about vet, but if they nerf vet and add a new tier of difficulty, you'd still be unable to clear the hardest one and you'd still miss on achievements and rewards.
    My advice is to stop pugging and find a decent guild to play with. It will make things much easier.

I don't want them to add extra modes, I'm talking about the hardcore achievements, which for falkreath hold just destroys 2 pillars. People want a challenge? They can do that crap. Or vMA, trials, etc. Or they COULD make a legendary mode, which, like trials, I'd never attempt. Because it's not worth the hassle, and I know isn't meant for people like me.

Doing a daily random, and getting a DLC(Even normal, when you get suck pugs) is pain. Failing, and having to requeue, and getting another... fffffffff.

I'm not really playing right now because I want my ESO+ to die, and that's in december.

The only guilds I'm in are trade guilds, which, even my best one doesn't do vet dlc, I know, because I told them a good thing to auction off to help with bids would be vet dlc runs, and they were all like "I can't clear that ****".

I don't want to join a guild just to clear a few dungeons, to get a few dyes, especially since I can't meta, I won't discord, and I'm terribly anti-social, with severe anxiety. "Oh hay, can I join your guild just to leech off of you for a couple weeks and then peace?"
  • DamenAJ
    DamenAJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    BuddyAces wrote: »
    Still going off my difficulty with Vet falkreath hold, because I've all but quit after many many failures....

Hardcore modes should be made harder/remain the same, if people like them how they are. Veteran DLC dungeons difficulty should be reduced. When I tried, several times, for hours. I was level 660~, most of my gear legendary, good sets, decent dps/rotation(Not meta because of personal issues, but still good). Knew the mechanics. Explained mechanics every time we failed/had new people swap in. Over and over. Several times getting the boss to around 10-15%, FAIL, FAIL, FAIL, FAIL. The gear they give is not legendary, you shouldn't be required to be legendary to beat the bosses. They should be puggable by people with decent gear, cp, and rotation. Not meta. The vast difference between DLC and regular content is insane.

Hardcore mode for hardcore people, veteran for people with regular good gear and decent CP. That or remove the cosmetic rewards from the elitist achievements. One of the main things I love doing now that I'm super high and have played a lot is collecting dyes and making outfits, but the one dye I want the most is locked because this elitist DLC achievement. I cancelled my ESO subscription, because the frustration of DLC dungeons. It feels like a punishment to run randoms with ESO+ because I might get stuck in one of the stupid hard ones, and either watch everyone drop group or die over and over again. There should be an opt out if they keep them as hard as they are. And I'm not like a huge baby bad at this game, I love soloing public dungeons and normal dungeons. I can solo almost any world boss. I'm not meta, but I know what I'm doing.

I've all but rage quit this game, I'm hoping murkmire will calm me down and give me something fun to actually do. Because once you get to end game, there's a lot less that actually fun, I just wanted to do my achievments, collect my dyes, mess around with outfits and stuff.

RNG kicked your ass. I've successfully pugged this place before. I don't see how folks will be so stubborn as to not join a guild and make friends to help with content they want finished.

If you want a clear in there that bad then send me a whisper in game ( account name is same as forum name ) if you're on pc na and I'll happily get you your clear.

Just posted why I don't want to join a guild, but I might give you a whisper/pm when I have some time, I would love to get the dye... Thank you for the offer...

But even if I personally get the achievement, it doesn't address the fact that... You can almost solo base game vet dungeons, but it's ridiculously hard to pug clear vet dlc dungeons with 4 people near max cp, with all epics or better. Mechanics of run in, out, slowly back away with fire under you, don't roll because you might kill someone else, if the tank doesn't taunt, you get oneshot, if you're a second late in running in or out, or behind a pillar you die, kill the adds before the boss spawns more adds while also remembering to run in and out to avoid the fire, sometimes the fire doesn't spawn properly, screwing up your in and out sequence, sometimes the fire spawns in when he pulls you in, at 10-15%~ you become totally overwhelmed with adds, burn, burn, burn. ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME? How is that reasonable for the average player?
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭

RNG kicked your ass. I've successfully pugged this place before. I don't see how folks will be so stubborn as to not join a guild and make friends to help with content they want finished.

If you want a clear in there that bad then send me a whisper in game ( account name is same as forum name ) if you're on pc na and I'll happily get you your clear.

Just posted why I don't want to join a guild, but I might give you a whisper/pm when I have some time, I would love to get the dye... Thank you for the offer...

But even if I personally get the achievement, it doesn't address the fact that... You can almost solo base game vet dungeons, but it's ridiculously hard to pug clear vet dlc dungeons with 4 people near max cp, with all epics or better. Mechanics of run in, out, slowly back away with fire under you, don't roll because you might kill someone else, if the tank doesn't taunt, you get oneshot, if you're a second late in running in or out, or behind a pillar you die, kill the adds before the boss spawns more adds while also remembering to run in and out to avoid the fire, sometimes the fire doesn't spawn properly, screwing up your in and out sequence, sometimes the fire spawns in when he pulls you in, at 10-15%~ you become totally overwhelmed with adds, burn, burn, burn. ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME? How is that reasonable for the average player?

Difficulty tiers. 99.9% of this game is centered around solo/quest play. There's what, one trial and 4 dlc dungeons released this year. These last 2 four mans were the easiest dlc ones released yet. Only one of em is hard on hm. MHK hm has one tough segment around 25-30 percent, otherwise it's just a long fight. MOS hm was a lil harder. vCR....its a trial. Easy on norm and gets higher. Not all content in this game is designed for everyone. Gotta give folks who are looking for a challenge, well, a challenge.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Difficulty tiers. 99.9% of this game is centered around solo/quest play. There's what, one trial and 4 dlc dungeons released this year. These last 2 four mans were the easiest dlc ones released yet. Only one of em is hard on hm. MHK hm has one tough segment around 25-30 percent, otherwise it's just a long fight. MOS hm was a lil harder. vCR....its a trial. Easy on norm and gets higher. Not all content in this game is designed for everyone. Gotta give folks who are looking for a challenge, well, a challenge.

Why is this so hard for people to understand? This game has something for all different types of players, which is fantastic. But that also means not everybody will be able to complete everything. So can people please stop expecting too without altering their play style for different content? Not all group content should be balanced around an average PUG otherwise your alienating groups of coordinated players who enjoy challenging 4 man group content because there would be no challenge for them.
    If you want to take part, adjust your play style. Suck it up, find a group you can learn the content with and get it done. If finding a group is simply too hard for you or if you’ve got your heart set on being a solo player then tough luck, either hope you get impossibly lucky at getting a top notch PUG or simply don’t do the content.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    greylox wrote: »
    You're right, and if they're fine selling dungeon dlc in small amounts then that's ok. Was sorta letting them know why players like me don't play them much and if they wanted to sell more they should add more of a reason for people playing normal modes to go there,whatever that may be.

Ask yourself this: Why do you do normal dungeons at all? If the answer is nothing then there ya go.

Plenty of people farm them on normal for gear - do pledges on normal - get the skill point on normal. I don't see how there needs to be MORE reason for normal. The gear is the same. The quest reward doesn't change. You miss out on extra transmute stone/key<?>. Really the only difference is motifs and I would rather not tank the motif economy by making chain farmed with no risk by every player out there.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vienna wrote: »
    I agree that DLC dungeons are over the top, even on normal they are hardcore total, way, way too hard, when there is a lack of ideas for quality simply make it excessive hard to be ''fun.'' This is $$ DLC content and is practically unusable for casual players. This game have overall flaws with often excessive difficult level where the game want you to turn into a professional player to access certain content, the most crazy is when they even want money $$ to access for such content.

Far from it.Normal is a complete faceroll.
  • Putinof
    Putinof
    ✭✭
    I am a casual i admit, I dont have time to stay active in a guild, so i pug every now and then and thats about it. plus guildies done the dungeonslong time ago and arent interested in any more wiping. I do pvp like 90% of a time anyway.but then i still get murdered by sets that come from dlc dungeons (zaan with elf bane wtf?). i got eso plus, but i never go there , cos the are impossible to do with other casuals you mostly meet in pugs. they are too hard for unorganised grp without voicechat.
  • Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get a bit annoyed with these dungeon only dlcs. I don't really play with people and can't find people to do challenging dungeons with (Guilds etc). I've tried to PUG them and its impossible. Managed to do the dragon bones one on vet for the personality but couldn't complete the other challenges to actually get the personality. Still quite pissed off I can't do it and probably won't ever.
    PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    Greetings, we recently removed some non-constructive commentary from this thread. Because this discussion is a bit old, we have decided to close it down. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.