Last 6 dlc dungeons too difficult, not puggable

  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why? Doing HM with 4 DD's has always been a blast :trollface:
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - zR Sparrow | CP 810+
    DD: MagNB | StamNB | MagPlar
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: Crags+HM | vMoL + HM | vAS + HM | vHoF | vCR +1/2
    PC (EU) - Fei-Yu | CP 170
    DD: MagPlar | StamNB
    Tank: DK
    Completions: N/A
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DamenAJ wrote: »
    I want the beautiful dye from doing the vet falkreath and vet bloodroot forge. I got bloodroot, tough but... got it.

    I've now spent 6-8 hours on falkreath last boss, getting him down to 15% several times, but dying, dying, someone leaves, gets switched, dying, dying, dying, someone leaves, switched out, rinse and repeat for 3-4 hours. No win.

    I'm really. Really. Really. Stressed and hateful by the end.

    Even with people with decent CP. Something always happens..... It's BS. I hate it, so much. I just want the stupid dye.

    And no, I don't have friends to do it with, I've asked in guild, but I am a socially awkward wreck, and I just... Totally unreasonable how hard it is.

    hey, I've completed all dungeons on all difficulties (including HM) as tank and healer. You need all group members to be a certain skill level for this kind of content. I hereby offer you my help free of charge. Contact me in-game (@profundido) if you like and I'll try my best to organize a 4-man group to educate and carry you through the dungeon with voicechat if you like.
  • DamenAJ
    DamenAJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    DamenAJ wrote: »
    I want the beautiful dye from doing the vet falkreath and vet bloodroot forge. I got bloodroot, tough but... got it.

    I've now spent 6-8 hours on falkreath last boss, getting him down to 15% several times, but dying, dying, someone leaves, gets switched, dying, dying, dying, someone leaves, switched out, rinse and repeat for 3-4 hours. No win.

    I'm really. Really. Really. Stressed and hateful by the end.

    Even with people with decent CP. Something always happens..... It's BS. I hate it, so much. I just want the stupid dye.

    And no, I don't have friends to do it with, I've asked in guild, but I am a socially awkward wreck, and I just... Totally unreasonable how hard it is.

    hey, I've completed all dungeons on all difficulties (including HM) as tank and healer. You need all group members to be a certain skill level for this kind of content. I hereby offer you my help free of charge. Contact me in-game (@profundido) if you like and I'll try my best to organize a 4-man group to educate and carry you through the dungeon with voicechat if you like.

    I tried to send a message in game, didn't seem to work, now I'm worried you're on the european server, where I'm NA... But, if you're on NA I'd honestly love the help to just get through falkreath vet, I know the fights, it's literally the last boss that gets me, and it's the group. Not to say I don't die ever, but... usually rezzing someone else, or sliding behind a pillar a second late..

    Anyway. Super awkward at asking for help, but I'd love it in this specific case. I've got a lot of free time, so if you're still willing, just let me know when. And thanks.

    My tag in game is just @DamenAJ
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find the normal versions of the DLCs about as hard as non DLC vets anyway. Having to look up a guide or basically any mechanics at all are a turn off for me, I prefer a quick dungeon and mechanics get in the way. My idea of a good medium dungeon would be vet level damage health but no mechanics, staying alive, watching resources and dodging red is more than enough.

    Or if the dungeon was to flat out explain the mechanics it would make it quicker instead of trying to figure it out for yourselves, I don't mean cryptically either, a box with writing should tell you what to do.
    PC EU

    House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)
    {*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

    Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    exiars10 wrote: »
    I still can't beat Scalecaller Peak on normal! I gave up. It's too difficult for PUGs :/. Tried some ~10x with both my Warden tank and NB DD, and only once, I repeat only once my group managed to get to gargoyle boss and failed misarable as DDs didn't kill laser balls no matter how many times I explained to kill them.

    Every other time group fail at first dual troll bosses, heck I regularly see players already dying from Skeevers' poisons before it. That group dungeon is one big BS.

    Let it compare to Ruins of Mazzatun which became only DLC dungeon I like - RoM is a cake walk on normal if group listen and is semi compentent. Impossible on Scalecaller Peak.

    I know of people who solo nSP. I myself soloed the ogres but didnt have a) the time and b) the mood to solo everything because it takes to long (some easy tank gear on my magDK-DD).
    I can duo the thing very easily with my brother though (tank/healer warden combo). it is easy if you know what you are doing.
    Impossible in PUG unfortunately even when you explain what to do :/.
    I guess language barrier (which is to be expected in European server) or who knows what else?

    I watched YT guides what to do (as I do for every other group dungeon) but no avail. I mean you can know mechanics but if others don't do what they should it's doomed. It's not like non-DLC dungeons where you can just burn everything or win by attrition. Gave up as it's just massive waste of time and money. When player(s) die or drop to very low health from Skeevers' poisons on the start you know group is doomed.
    Edited by exiars10 on May 1, 2018 7:37AM
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

    Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

    The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DamenAJ wrote: »
    DamenAJ wrote: »
    I want the beautiful dye from doing the vet falkreath and vet bloodroot forge. I got bloodroot, tough but... got it.

    I've now spent 6-8 hours on falkreath last boss, getting him down to 15% several times, but dying, dying, someone leaves, gets switched, dying, dying, dying, someone leaves, switched out, rinse and repeat for 3-4 hours. No win.

    I'm really. Really. Really. Stressed and hateful by the end.

    Even with people with decent CP. Something always happens..... It's BS. I hate it, so much. I just want the stupid dye.

    And no, I don't have friends to do it with, I've asked in guild, but I am a socially awkward wreck, and I just... Totally unreasonable how hard it is.

    hey, I've completed all dungeons on all difficulties (including HM) as tank and healer. You need all group members to be a certain skill level for this kind of content. I hereby offer you my help free of charge. Contact me in-game (@profundido) if you like and I'll try my best to organize a 4-man group to educate and carry you through the dungeon with voicechat if you like.

    I tried to send a message in game, didn't seem to work, now I'm worried you're on the european server, where I'm NA... But, if you're on NA I'd honestly love the help to just get through falkreath vet, I know the fights, it's literally the last boss that gets me, and it's the group. Not to say I don't die ever, but... usually rezzing someone else, or sliding behind a pillar a second late..

    Anyway. Super awkward at asking for help, but I'd love it in this specific case. I've got a lot of free time, so if you're still willing, just let me know when. And thanks.

    My tag in game is just @DamenAJ

    aaaawww I didn't think of that but indeed..I'm euro :(
  • khornelord
    Ok...ex-wow players (sad)

    In wow, you could not enter a dungeon without the correct level, i.e. 80, 85, 90, 92 etc

    If ESO did this the right way, having level 50 + champion points would make it fair. Some of the newer (hard) normal dungeon...suck and PUG = death if you didn't have the gear and level/champion.

    I get my butt kicked in dungeons i didn't know, and the bossed are one-shot jello salads.


    Yuck
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    khornelord wrote: »
    Ok...ex-wow players (sad)

    In wow, you could not enter a dungeon without the correct level, i.e. 80, 85, 90, 92 etc

    If ESO did this the right way, having level 50 + champion points would make it fair. Some of the newer (hard) normal dungeon...suck and PUG = death if you didn't have the gear and level/champion.

    I get my butt kicked in dungeons i didn't know, and the bossed are one-shot jello salads.

    Yuck
    WOW has leveling dungeons like ESO normal, it had heroic dungeons back then I played around cataclysm, this was equal to ESO vet, you needed an gear level for heroic dungeons, pretty much the same as ESO CP but about gear quality. This level was lower than that was social acceptable as people wanted smooth runs, same way you don't want <160 in vet dungeons.
    On the other hand many wanted to skip on the normal dungeons and jump to heroic, this reduced the gear grind.

    WOW also had two troll dungeons added in an content update who was a lot like ESO vet DLC.
    They was not very pugable but lots did anyway hoping to get some raiders to carry them.

    Players, players never change :)
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    Fang Lair was yesterday's pledge.

    I don't understand why that group dungeon is almost as easy as RoM on normal? Even with bad DDs who ignored mechanics and died even when I told them what to do, we managed to finish.

    Why is Scalecaller Peak so much harder than Fang Lair on normal? I'll try again today as is pledge but I doubt I'll get group which knows what to do...

    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

    Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

    The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    Finally beat Scalecaller Peak on normal last night. I was paired with very high CP group and everybody knew mechanics so we finished without any problem. Only one death. And then I couldn't finish quest :#!!!
    20180504234936_1.jpg

    Group was great and they waited to re-log so I could finish it. Even after re-log I had to wait some 30 sec to hit E. This is unbelievable s..t!

    And later I hit random premium normal daily and got it again... with lower CP group (one DD was also over CP 700). We beat it after several wipes but the lowest CP player (DD ~130) asked on start to tell him what to do.

    As I said as long as mechanics is followed it's not a problem but when language barrier is big enough it's guaranteed fail.
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

    Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

    The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
  • vienna
    vienna
    ✭✭
    I agree that DLC dungeons are over the top, even on normal they are hardcore total, way, way too hard, when there is a lack of ideas for quality simply make it excessive hard to be ''fun.'' This is $$ DLC content and is practically unusable for casual players. This game have overall flaws with often excessive difficult level where the game want you to turn into a professional player to access certain content, the most crazy is when they even want money $$ to access for such content.
    Edited by vienna on September 30, 2018 7:21PM
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vienna wrote: »
    I agree that DLC dungeons are over the top, even on normal they are hardcore total, way, way too hard, when there is a lack of ideas for quality simply make it excessive hard to be ''fun.'' This is $$ DLC content and is practically unusable for casual players. This game have overall flaws with often excessive difficult level where the game want you to turn into a professional player to access certain content, the most crazy is when they even want money $$ to access for such content.

    Do you just want to stand next to a boss and pew pew pew till it's dead without having to do a single mechanic? The only way a group fails at the normal version of these dungeons is because the group didn't do the mechanics. Yes, I can see how it would be a struggle if you were pugging this and no one knew what was going on but damn, if you wanna cut out the heart ache then join a guild and only do em with guildies (voice coms preferably).

    I'm sorry but most people don't want to walk up and play target dummy in content designed around GROUP play.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BuddyAces wrote: »
    vienna wrote: »
    I agree that DLC dungeons are over the top, even on normal they are hardcore total, way, way too hard, when there is a lack of ideas for quality simply make it excessive hard to be ''fun.'' This is $$ DLC content and is practically unusable for casual players. This game have overall flaws with often excessive difficult level where the game want you to turn into a professional player to access certain content, the most crazy is when they even want money $$ to access for such content.

    Do you just want to stand next to a boss and pew pew pew till it's dead without having to do a single mechanic? The only way a group fails at the normal version of these dungeons is because the group didn't do the mechanics. Yes, I can see how it would be a struggle if you were pugging this and no one knew what was going on but damn, if you wanna cut out the heart ache then join a guild and only do em with guildies (voice coms preferably).

    I'm sorry but most people don't want to walk up and play target dummy in content designed around GROUP play.

    This.
    There's a lot of casual guilds, and playing with a group greatly improves your experience.
    I don't know, clinging to group finder just looks like shooting yourself in the knee at this point. There's so many rude, entitled and clueless people that I'm honestly surprised to see so many diehard solo queue fans.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

    PC/EU
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vienna wrote: »
    I agree that DLC dungeons are over the top, even on normal they are hardcore total, way, way too hard, when there is a lack of ideas for quality simply make it excessive hard to be ''fun.'' This is $$ DLC content and is practically unusable for casual players. This game have overall flaws with often excessive difficult level where the game want you to turn into a professional player to access certain content, the most crazy is when they even want money $$ to access for such content.

    disagreed with respect. To me it feels like everything in the game is ridiculously easy for proper gear and skilled chars nowadays, especially with the cp system on top of that in it's current OP state. The vet DLC dungeons and trials are the only content in the game that remains challenging for me and other people at the same stage. If they take that away there's nothing left for me and I'll be forced to leave. I take no pleasure in just standing next to a boss that does nothing but look pretty while his hp lowers to zero whether my hands are on the keyboard or on the phone...

    there needs to be content enough danger to demand active and conscious play during the encounter. At launch time all content was like this. Now only DLC...

    I've guided quite a few random group finder pug groups through the latest DLC dungeons, especially Moonhunter keep both veteran and normal. The joy they experience and express when someone finally explains them the tactics in detail and allows them to practice those tactics wipe after wipe until they understand and see with their own eyes just how easy it suddenly becomes is...priceless !

    if you're on PC EU and would like a guided tour through any of these DLC dungeons, feel free to contact me in game @profundido
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont/cant play enough to stay in an active pve guild, so the only choice is basicly to PUG whenever you can play. I mostly pvp tho, so thats easier since I just solo anyway. But pve is basicly nomansland for ppl like me, atleast all the new stuff.
    Altmer Sorceror, magicka
    Bosmer Nightblade, stamina.
    Imperial Templar, stamina
    Redguard Warden, stamina

    Aldmeri Dominion!
    PC EU
    PvP only
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    I dont/cant play enough to stay in an active pve guild, so the only choice is basicly to PUG whenever you can play. I mostly pvp tho, so thats easier since I just solo anyway. But pve is basicly nomansland for ppl like me, atleast all the new stuff.

    for exactly people like you the concept of "casual guild exists". You can be as inactive as you like and whenever you do decide to log on there will be people to hook with that can guide you through that content. That why those guilds are called casual as opposed to active and hardcore guilds
  • DamenAJ
    DamenAJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still going off my difficulty with Vet falkreath hold, because I've all but quit after many many failures....

    Hardcore modes should be made harder/remain the same, if people like them how they are. Veteran DLC dungeons difficulty should be reduced. When I tried, several times, for hours. I was level 660~, most of my gear legendary, good sets, decent dps/rotation(Not meta because of personal issues, but still good). Knew the mechanics. Explained mechanics every time we failed/had new people swap in. Over and over. Several times getting the boss to around 10-15%, FAIL, FAIL, FAIL, FAIL. The gear they give is not legendary, you shouldn't be required to be legendary to beat the bosses. They should be puggable by people with decent gear, cp, and rotation. Not meta. The vast difference between DLC and regular content is insane.

    Hardcore mode for hardcore people, veteran for people with regular good gear and decent CP. That or remove the cosmetic rewards from the elitist achievements. One of the main things I love doing now that I'm super high and have played a lot is collecting dyes and making outfits, but the one dye I want the most is locked because this elitist DLC achievement. I cancelled my ESO subscription, because the frustration of DLC dungeons. It feels like a punishment to run randoms with ESO+ because I might get stuck in one of the stupid hard ones, and either watch everyone drop group or die over and over again. There should be an opt out if they keep them as hard as they are. And I'm not like a huge baby bad at this game, I love soloing public dungeons and normal dungeons. I can solo almost any world boss. I'm not meta, but I know what I'm doing.

    I've all but rage quit this game, I'm hoping murkmire will calm me down and give me something fun to actually do. Because once you get to end game, there's a lot less that actually fun, I just wanted to do my achievments, collect my dyes, mess around with outfits and stuff.
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DamenAJ wrote: »
    Still going off my difficulty with Vet falkreath hold, because I've all but quit after many many failures....

    Hardcore modes should be made harder/remain the same, if people like them how they are. Veteran DLC dungeons difficulty should be reduced. When I tried, several times, for hours. I was level 660~, most of my gear legendary, good sets, decent dps/rotation(Not meta because of personal issues, but still good). Knew the mechanics. Explained mechanics every time we failed/had new people swap in. Over and over. Several times getting the boss to around 10-15%, FAIL, FAIL, FAIL, FAIL. The gear they give is not legendary, you shouldn't be required to be legendary to beat the bosses. They should be puggable by people with decent gear, cp, and rotation. Not meta. The vast difference between DLC and regular content is insane.

    Hardcore mode for hardcore people, veteran for people with regular good gear and decent CP. That or remove the cosmetic rewards from the elitist achievements. One of the main things I love doing now that I'm super high and have played a lot is collecting dyes and making outfits, but the one dye I want the most is locked because this elitist DLC achievement. I cancelled my ESO subscription, because the frustration of DLC dungeons. It feels like a punishment to run randoms with ESO+ because I might get stuck in one of the stupid hard ones, and either watch everyone drop group or die over and over again. There should be an opt out if they keep them as hard as they are. And I'm not like a huge baby bad at this game, I love soloing public dungeons and normal dungeons. I can solo almost any world boss. I'm not meta, but I know what I'm doing.

    I've all but rage quit this game, I'm hoping murkmire will calm me down and give me something fun to actually do. Because once you get to end game, there's a lot less that actually fun, I just wanted to do my achievments, collect my dyes, mess around with outfits and stuff.

    RNG kicked your ass. I've successfully pugged this place before. I don't see how folks will be so stubborn as to not join a guild and make friends to help with content they want finished.

    If you want a clear in there that bad then send me a whisper in game ( account name is same as forum name ) if you're on pc na and I'll happily get you your clear.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DamenAJ wrote: »
    Still going off my difficulty with Vet falkreath hold, because I've all but quit after many many failures....

    Hardcore modes should be made harder/remain the same, if people like them how they are. Veteran DLC dungeons difficulty should be reduced. When I tried, several times, for hours. I was level 660~, most of my gear legendary, good sets, decent dps/rotation(Not meta because of personal issues, but still good). Knew the mechanics. Explained mechanics every time we failed/had new people swap in. Over and over. Several times getting the boss to around 10-15%, FAIL, FAIL, FAIL, FAIL. The gear they give is not legendary, you shouldn't be required to be legendary to beat the bosses. They should be puggable by people with decent gear, cp, and rotation. Not meta. The vast difference between DLC and regular content is insane.

    Hardcore mode for hardcore people, veteran for people with regular good gear and decent CP. That or remove the cosmetic rewards from the elitist achievements. One of the main things I love doing now that I'm super high and have played a lot is collecting dyes and making outfits, but the one dye I want the most is locked because this elitist DLC achievement. I cancelled my ESO subscription, because the frustration of DLC dungeons. It feels like a punishment to run randoms with ESO+ because I might get stuck in one of the stupid hard ones, and either watch everyone drop group or die over and over again. There should be an opt out if they keep them as hard as they are. And I'm not like a huge baby bad at this game, I love soloing public dungeons and normal dungeons. I can solo almost any world boss. I'm not meta, but I know what I'm doing.

    I've all but rage quit this game, I'm hoping murkmire will calm me down and give me something fun to actually do. Because once you get to end game, there's a lot less that actually fun, I just wanted to do my achievments, collect my dyes, mess around with outfits and stuff.

    The problem with adding extra modes is that people will still complain that things are too hard... Now you're complaining about vet, but if they nerf vet and add a new tier of difficulty, you'd still be unable to clear the hardest one and you'd still miss on achievements and rewards.
    My advice is to stop pugging and find a decent guild to play with. It will make things much easier.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

    PC/EU
  • adeptusminor
    adeptusminor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had no issues pugging any of the DLC dungeons with the exception of the last two, but I wait for the dungeons to be out for awhile before I will pug them on vet. The reason why I wait is because with newer content, a lot of people might not be familiar with the mechanics yet and while I don't mind describing them on normal where I can generally carry a group, on vet I don't want to sit in there for a long time while everyone else is learning the dungeon, especially just for 1 more extra undaunted key, it's not really worth the time and effort for me.
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vienna wrote: »
    I agree that DLC dungeons are over the top, even on normal they are hardcore total, way, way too hard, when there is a lack of ideas for quality simply make it excessive hard to be ''fun.'' This is $$ DLC content and is practically unusable for casual players. This game have overall flaws with often excessive difficult level where the game want you to turn into a professional player to access certain content, the most crazy is when they even want money $$ to access for such content.

    Exactly why I don't buy them, running a few times in normal mode ain't worth the money, ESO plus covers that. Our guild went into scale caller vet at the weekend and spent a couple hours on the first boss, the two ogres......zos are sadists. Left without getting anywhere, not fun.
    Edited by greylox on October 3, 2018 11:09AM
    PC EU

    House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)
    {*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

    Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the real problem is that there is no variety in the dungeons. They are all the same "choke point boss" with one shot mechanic. Its a simple variety problem.

    everytime they release two dungeons they should release one the standard way they do it and one with a alternate theme thats not as reliant on the choke point mechanism. Doesnt mean it will be easier.

    see what plays out.
    We shall know them by their works.
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    greylox wrote: »
    vienna wrote: »
    I agree that DLC dungeons are over the top, even on normal they are hardcore total, way, way too hard, when there is a lack of ideas for quality simply make it excessive hard to be ''fun.'' This is $$ DLC content and is practically unusable for casual players. This game have overall flaws with often excessive difficult level where the game want you to turn into a professional player to access certain content, the most crazy is when they even want money $$ to access for such content.

    Exactly why I don't buy them, running a few times in normal mode ain't worth the money, ESO plus covers that. Our guild went into scale caller vet at the weekend and spent a couple hours on the first boss, the two ogres......zos are sadists. Left without getting anywhere, not fun.

    And what was the reason you couldn't pass it?

    Brought ogres too close together?
    Didn't stand in the circles and got one shot?
    Didn't hide behind ice pillars?

    Which part gave y'all probs?
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I understand the argument some of you guys are making, "don't pug, just join a guild that will walk you through the mechanics", and of course you are right. That's one way to solve the problem, but it's not what I (and many others) would prefer. ZOS has already proven they can design vet content that we like, because most of us enjoy doing the original pre-DLC dungeons. Why can't they just make more content like that?

    I'm not sure how to describe my feelings on this... it's like I don't want to have to join a country club just to get a good hamburger. I'm fine with McDonald's, you know what I mean?

    Edited by Emma_Overload on October 3, 2018 1:36PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuddyAces wrote: »
    greylox wrote: »
    vienna wrote: »
    I agree that DLC dungeons are over the top, even on normal they are hardcore total, way, way too hard, when there is a lack of ideas for quality simply make it excessive hard to be ''fun.'' This is $$ DLC content and is practically unusable for casual players. This game have overall flaws with often excessive difficult level where the game want you to turn into a professional player to access certain content, the most crazy is when they even want money $$ to access for such content.

    Exactly why I don't buy them, running a few times in normal mode ain't worth the money, ESO plus covers that. Our guild went into scale caller vet at the weekend and spent a couple hours on the first boss, the two ogres......zos are sadists. Left without getting anywhere, not fun.

    And what was the reason you couldn't pass it?

    Brought ogres too close together?
    Didn't stand in the circles and got one shot?
    Didn't hide behind ice pillars?

    Which part gave y'all probs?

    We figured out to hide behind pillars, not get the bosses too close, and to stand in a circle when the whirlwind thing is coming at ya at a million miles an hour....but altogether it was just too much, and the more annoying thing is you have to kill them at the same time (not let one die before the other otherwise it's quick death). So, massively overwhelming. Also seemed that there wasn't always circles nearby when the whirlwind thing was there. The one shots are the sadistic bit. I mean , why can't we roll through the whirlwind thing for instance? This is something we'd need to practice over and over I suppose but we're not mega good players in terms of meta and DPS etc. Normal mode is so easy it's insulting though.

    It's mentally exhausting, as opposed to fun, imo.
    Edited by greylox on October 3, 2018 1:41PM
    PC EU

    House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)
    {*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

    Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    greylox wrote: »

    Exactly why I don't buy them, running a few times in normal mode ain't worth the money, ESO plus covers that. Our guild went into scale caller vet at the weekend and spent a couple hours on the first boss, the two ogres......zos are sadists. Left without getting anywhere, not fun.

    Honestly though, you aren't the target for difficult PvE content though. These are meant to target those players that like difficult PvE small instance content. Just like difficult trials are targeted at those that like the feeling of a large group <Guild> overcoming a challenge.

    There is plenty of content for those that like a more relaxed combat encounter. ZOS does WONDERS catering to Casuals and hardcore no matter how much one type seems to whine. Open world is obviously targeted at more your play style <Morrowind/CWC/Summerset/Murkmire>. Dungeon DLC is targeted towards me who like small group challenging content. Trials are targeted at those who like to raid. In one year each type of player easily has a "new" thing to see/do.

    They aren't going to release Fungal Grotto 1 - 2.0 because they don't need to.
    Edited by karekiz on October 3, 2018 7:42PM
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭


    We figured out to hide behind pillars, not get the bosses too close, and to stand in a circle when the whirlwind thing is coming at ya at a million miles an hour....but altogether it was just too much, and the more annoying thing is you have to kill them at the same time (not let one die before the other otherwise it's quick death). So, massively overwhelming. Also seemed that there wasn't always circles nearby when the whirlwind thing was there. The one shots are the sadistic bit. I mean , why can't we roll through the whirlwind thing for instance? This is something we'd need to practice over and over I suppose but we're not mega good players in terms of meta and DPS etc. Normal mode is so easy it's insulting though.

    It's mentally exhausting, as opposed to fun, imo.[/quote]

    There are always circles when the whirlwind things show up. Simple way for this fight:

    Beat down the middle guy to about 20 percent, lil under is fine. Have the tank kite the other boss around the outer edge of the room. When the middle NON MOBILE boss gets down that that 20ish percent then start working on the dude that your tank is kiting. Hide behind the pillars and get in the whirlwinds, there is plenty of time. When he is dead then go back and nuke the first boss.
    Edited by BuddyAces on October 3, 2018 8:07PM
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    karekiz wrote: »
    greylox wrote: »

    Exactly why I don't buy them, running a few times in normal mode ain't worth the money, ESO plus covers that. Our guild went into scale caller vet at the weekend and spent a couple hours on the first boss, the two ogres......zos are sadists. Left without getting anywhere, not fun.

    Honestly though, you aren't the target for difficult PvE content though. These are meant to target those players that like difficult PvE small instance content. Just like difficult trials are targeted at those that like the feeling of a large group <Guild> overcoming a challenge.

    There is plenty of content for those that like a more relaxed combat encounter. ZOS does WONDERS catering to Casuals and hardcore no matter how much one type seems to whine. Open world is obviously targeted at more your play style <Morrowind/CWC/Summerset/Murkmire>. Dungeon DLC is targeted towards me who like small group challenging content. Trials are targeted at those who like to raid. In one year each type of player easily has a "new" thing to see/do.

    They aren't going to release Fungal Grotto 1 - 2.0 because they don't need to.

    You're right, and if they're fine selling dungeon dlc in small amounts then that's ok. Was sorta letting them know why players like me don't play them much and if they wanted to sell more they should add more of a reason for people playing normal modes to go there,whatever that may be.
    PC EU

    House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)
    {*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

    Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is always the case that when attempting challenging content one forms their own group from those they usually run with (guilds).

    Besides, I remember when ICP and WGT were the latest and greatest. Even though I regularly cleared it on HM without comms I refused to pug vet of it being it was questionable the quality of player that would be in the group. I know, I actually tried a pug group a couple times and decided never again.

    So, do the guild thing. It is the best way to go.
    Really, idk
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exiars10 wrote: »
    exiars10 wrote: »
    I still can't beat Scalecaller Peak on normal! I gave up. It's too difficult for PUGs :/. Tried some ~10x with both my Warden tank and NB DD, and only once, I repeat only once my group managed to get to gargoyle boss and failed misarable as DDs didn't kill laser balls no matter how many times I explained to kill them.

    Every other time group fail at first dual troll bosses, heck I regularly see players already dying from Skeevers' poisons before it. That group dungeon is one big BS.

    Let it compare to Ruins of Mazzatun which became only DLC dungeon I like - RoM is a cake walk on normal if group listen and is semi compentent. Impossible on Scalecaller Peak.

    I know of people who solo nSP. I myself soloed the ogres but didnt have a) the time and b) the mood to solo everything because it takes to long (some easy tank gear on my magDK-DD).
    I can duo the thing very easily with my brother though (tank/healer warden combo). it is easy if you know what you are doing.
    Impossible in PUG unfortunately even when you explain what to do :/.
    I guess language barrier (which is to be expected in European server) or who knows what else?

    I watched YT guides what to do (as I do for every other group dungeon) but no avail. I mean you can know mechanics but if others don't do what they should it's doomed. It's not like non-DLC dungeons where you can just burn everything or win by attrition. Gave up as it's just massive waste of time and money. When player(s) die or drop to very low health from Skeevers' poisons on the start you know group is doomed.

    Yeah, I was going to say, I can get you through nSCP pretty painlessly. But, if you're on EU, I can't really help there. I've only got two characters on PCEU, and neither one is level 10. Much less 45 to unlock running SCP through the finder.
    Co-Host of The Tenets: a podcast focused on bringing new players up to speed in ESO.
This discussion has been closed.