The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Class Rep] Vampire Feedback Thread

• Forztr
    Forztr
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Feeling that I need to be a vampire if I'm a Magplar in PVP fro elusive mist or a tank in PVE for the extra regen and undeath passive.
    2. They're so ugly at stage 4. This is an MMO appearance matters.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are very ugly.

They need more active skills to which the passives are tied.
    Edited by Izaki on August 23, 2018 12:05AM
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NightbladeMechanics

Are you the rep for Vampirism? If so, I have a concern that I think should be brought to the Dev teams attention...

The concern is the combat effectiveness of Accelerating/Invigorating Drain during PvP...

In the last year, these abilities have seen significant nerfs; they are now dodgable and their stuns no longer go through block...

Given the risk involved in using these abilities (12m range, vulnerability to being bashed, 3 seconds of doing nothing else other than channeling the ability) should these nerfs exist?

Sure, you can activate the ability and immediately cancel out of it (and get the benefit of the 3 second Hard Stun), but doing that:

1) completely negates the damage its supposed to do...

2) negates the healing you're supposed to get...

3) as pertains Invigorating Drain, you miss out on the entire purpose of the morph which is to generate Ultimate (I currently slot Accelerating Drain over Invigorating largely because of this; at least if you cancel out of Accelerating, you still get the Minor Expedition buff)...

Given the above, is it possible that these nerfs can be undone? Or at the very least, can these abilities be buffed somehow to make up for the combat effectiveness that they have lost?

Noted. One of the main pain points for vamp so far has been lack of compelling active abilities. Lots of folks want buffs for drain and baleful mist and more active abilities to use. I do not see these being a high priority for zos in the near future, but they're on the list.

Awesome...

Thanks!

:)
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • ScardyFox
    ScardyFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, I'd like to start off with I am perfectly fine with the way they look - they're undead monsters. Its borderline sad to see so many people saying "dey be oogly" as basically the only improvement they';re

1: The biggest problem for me is being a Vampire is 99% just having the passives - there is virtually no point other wise and takes against the whole idea of it. Skills need to be reworked and made better and actually have a purpose. I am obviously being a bit nebulous, but I am sure you don';t need exacts to get the picture: Make skills useful so it actually means something to be a vampire.

2: Perhaps its the werewolf in me but I do like the idea Vampire Lord - being able to transform. Give it a blood gauge like WW's have a transformation timer. Instead of just losing your transformation, as the blood gauge gets lower, your strength and a percentage of your abilities potency lowers along with it. However, don't make it a server drain like the WW timer - a slower more paced burn to the blood gauge so you're not manically running around looking for blood like a WW dose looking for food.

Off the top of my head, you could have a ability were you change into a swarm of bats and charge into a person/PvE critter akin to Critical Rush and drain them.it of blood while getting a 50% boost in defense while you're attached. Perhaps it could morph into something like you either get more blood or they're dizzy/stun after you detach for 3 seconds.

Again, that is off the top of my head but the over all point I hope I am relaying is make them FAR more then just needing some handy passives.
  • Somewhere
    Somewhere
    ✭✭✭✭
    The appearance: I don't care for how it fades your body markings and other things so much. Pale skin and etc. are fine, but it can't be that difficult to make tattoos show up properly as a vampire. Personally I'd like to see fangs on the beast races like in Skyrim, but that's just a distant wish.

Feeding animation could be way better.

The skills are so lack luster it's really not even funny. The ultimate costs a lot and doesn't really do enough damage to justify its use. I mean, part of the problem I feel is that the skills that would maybe belong to a vampire in the main games either don't belong (like charm, although that could really be implemented as a cc), or already given to NB (invisibility).
  • miahus
    miahus
    ✭✭
    1.Not being able to sprint or cast while in mist form, what's major expedition without ability to sprint?

2.Very limited skill line, no Stamina morphs.
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TrapLord wrote: »
    I Feel that the 25% extra flame damage that the Vampires take is a bit excessive, and irrational.

25% is so much damage, plus the low health recovery.

I feel that Vampirism should be looked at, and the 25% flame damage should be 10-15% at most.

25% is just not fair. Seeing as how flame staffs already deal direct damage, and light and heavy attacks scale so much better of Max Magicka, vampires take way to much damage during this Summerset patch.

I would be fine with the huge disadvantage in pvp if vampire offered enough incentives to make it worth it. 10% regen isnt much in pvp. 25% damage (and nearly everyone runs fire staves) is huge comparatively.

1) Make vampire skills better - major expedition to mist perhaps? More damage/make drain life a spammable?
    2) Looks. I run a skin, but not everyone can or wants to. Stage 4 is just plain ugly. Not even scary
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they should have a minor bonus to bleed damage. Ya know, vampires, blood, etc.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NightbladeMechanics

One more thing, there is a Bug present as pertains to Devouring Swarm that I have been periodically bringing to the Devs attention since March 1st that needs to be resolved; the details are located here:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/398561/bug-with-devouring-swarm-tooltip-champion-point-interaction-ps4#latest

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have khajiit vampire and i actually like how stage 1 looks, but then i can't make use of the passives and i don't like to use skin, because then my char looks entirely different.
    Maybe make it so vampires can look like in stage 1 even when they progress to further stages ?
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @NightbladeMechanics

One more thing, there is a Bug present as pertains to Devouring Swarm that I have been periodically bringing to the Devs attention since March 1st that needs to be resolved; the details are located here:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/398561/bug-with-devouring-swarm-tooltip-champion-point-interaction-ps4#latest

Noted. I will test these bugs to confirm, and then report my findings to the team. Thanks.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TrapLord wrote: »
    I Feel that the 25% extra flame damage that the Vampires take is a bit excessive, and irrational.

25% is so much damage, plus the low health recovery.

I feel that Vampirism should be looked at, and the 25% flame damage should be 10-15% at most.

25% is just not fair. Seeing as how flame staffs already deal direct damage, and light and heavy attacks scale so much better of Max Magicka, vampires take way to much damage during this Summerset patch.

if you get that, werewolve should only get 10-15% extra poison damage...
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    1) Not enough vampirism skills.

Vampires have various abilities in TES

TES Legends have a few blood magic spell cards:
    Corpse Curse - which shackles opponents and so in ESO could be a snare or CC
    Gargoyle - Summon a gargoyle

2) Release the vampire lord polymorph! Whether its a polymorph, a transformation like werewolf or a skin from a dungeon, give it to us please!

Thanks for listening to us either way

I wholeheartedly agree with 2. A WW one has been released, so why not a Vampire Lord poly like Skyrim’s vampire lords? Those looked amazing to me!
    Don’t make them look ugly ZIOS, make them look like the truly terrifying offspring of Molag Bal!

Edited by Reistr_the_Unbroken on September 7, 2018 7:33PM
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Add Vampire lord form a horrifying bat beast form as a vampire ultimate.
    2. Add a regular human skin in the crown store that will hide vampirism.

This. I’d love for vampire lords again! And make a polymorph! Werewolves are getting good stuff, so why can’t vampires? Give them love too ZIOS!

• XZS2JHub17_ESO
    XZS2JHub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    1. Needs more active skills.
    2. Active and some passive skills need a change.

The payoff for 75% health recovery reduction and 25% more flame damage is not good. You get dark stalker and.. 10% stam and magicka recovery.. ok..? I'm literally only a vampire becuase of dark stalker. I dont think the current pay off is worth it. The skills are rather useless, with the exception of mist form for tanks.
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Needs more active skills.
    2. Active and some passive skills need a change.

The payoff for 75% health recovery reduction and 25% more flame damage is not good. You get dark stalker and.. 10% stam and magicka recovery.. ok..? I'm literally only a vampire becuase of dark stalker. I dont think the current pay off is worth it. The skills are rather useless, with the exception of mist form for tanks.

But that Undeath passive! So good when you in mist form - especially when you are chasing down a zerg with Eye of Flame/Storm.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My thoughts on vampirism:

1) The appearance change is a tad too much. Stage 1 looks fine, but it gets a bit too crazy on stage 4. Tattoos and markings do not work correctly on a vampire.

2) Vampirism should be more role-defining. For example, when one plays a werewolf, they have specifically built their character around being a werewolf. For vampires, the choice is usually made to become one for the passives or for mist.

"This is my magDK build. I am a vampire for extra magicka regen and mist." - This is not how it should be.

"This is my Vampire build. I am a magDK because..." - This is how it SHOULD be.

3) Vampire Lord transformation - this is something that I feel should be visited into. It'd give magicka players their own "version" of werewolf, whilst also allowing people to build specifically for it, just like werewolf players do. As it stands, the current skill selection for vampires are far too limited and quite mediocre.

Overall, vampire feels like a necessity rather than a choice, like when werewolf offered a stamina regen buff, even without it being slotted. Vampirism should be something picked up by choice and built around.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    My thoughts on vampirism:

1) The appearance change is a tad too much. Stage 1 looks fine, but it gets a bit too crazy on stage 4. Tattoos and markings do not work correctly on a vampire.

2) Vampirism should be more role-defining. For example, when one plays a werewolf, they have specifically built their character around being a werewolf. For vampires, the choice is usually made to become one for the passives or for mist.

"This is my magDK build. I am a vampire for extra magicka regen and mist." - This is not how it should be.

"This is my Vampire build. I am a magDK because..." - This is how it SHOULD be.

3) Vampire Lord transformation - this is something that I feel should be visited into. It'd give magicka players their own "version" of werewolf, whilst also allowing people to build specifically for it, just like werewolf players do. As it stands, the current skill selection for vampires are far too limited and quite mediocre.

Overall, vampire feels like a necessity rather than a choice, like when werewolf offered a stamina regen buff, even without it being slotted. Vampirism should be something picked up by choice and built around.

I like this, well said. A vampire lord should be a build unto itself. Also, a unique fear option (different to the NB & WW skill) available to all classes would be great.
  • Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭
    So, id like the chime in as a person that has used vampire since right after launch. (PVP perspective..)

Vampire is balanced as is, in fact, in some areas it is over performing. classes such as magDK or magPlar use it for mobility and the extra 10% regen is great. on the other hand, DB hits like a truck, and cold fire is almost a death sentence for mag dk (sorc can shield it, nb can cloak it, templar and warden can purge it, dk cant apply burning embers to a siege weapon, so you better start spamming those 4k health heals).

lets take a look at WW in pvp. Because people are forced too/can build around WW, its horrifying to fight. even when a total noob turns into a WW its one of those moments of "run!!!" or "drop everything, he needs to die, NOW, or we are all dead."

when people see a vampire, its nothing special because using a vampire skill doesn't give a massive power boost.

i think that in order to balance vampire, it needs a complete overhaul. give the vampire something special.

1. change bats to a vampire lord transformation. keep the health thief theme, give them 5 abilities that can only be used as a vampire lord, such as an a.o.e that deals damage and heals you (cant be moved), or a fly's type ability that does less damage, but heals you for that damage.
    2. give the vampire sets that benefit it... the vampire lord set is a joke...
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lets take a look at WW in pvp. Because people are forced too/can build around WW, its horrifying to fight. even when a total noob turns into a WW its one of those moments of "run!!!" or "drop everything, he needs to die, NOW, or we are all dead."

I wouldnt go that far, but the way you put it was awesome...

Well said!

:)

Edit:

I don't think the Vampire Lord gear is a joke btw...

Vampire simply needs more/better abilities to make use of the set...

Vampire Lords 5th piece bonus is actually really good (400 Spell Damage to Vampiric Abilities and 5% reduction to the Cost of Vampiric abilities), the only thing is that there are only 3 Vampiric abilities at present and only 2 of them actually do damage (I don't count Baleful Mist as the ability isn't very good)...

And out of the 2 Vampiric Abilities that do damage, only one of them is actually decent for dealing damage in PvP at current (Devouring Swarm) as they have gutted Vamp Drain to the point that its a shell of its former self...

If the Devs update the Vampiric ability set with worthwild abilities, then the Vampire Lord set would be more valuable than it currently is...
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on September 25, 2018 2:34AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭
    as stated earlier in the post, war maiden gives that 400 spell damage to many other things besides just vampire abilities, AND gives the bonus to the vampire abilities. vampire lord needs to give more damage, or it needs to increases healing done by vampire abilities.
    Edited by Flame_of_Hades on September 25, 2018 6:43PM
  • Perashim
    Perashim
    ✭✭✭
    1. Make it a full skill line: The entire skill line just feels like something you only take for the passives and completely forget about it, rather than a skill line that completely affects how your character is played.
    2. Change how the vampirism mechanic works: As a vampire, I have never really felt like a Lamae Bal vampire. Instead I feel like I'm just one of those blood fiends that roam about in certain spots in the world, except I'm the Player Character.
    Despair for the Living...
  • Geru77
    Geru77
    ✭✭
    1) Do not let us hide vampirism, if anything there needs to be more downsides to the passive boosts vamps get.

2) Do not reduce flame damage vulnerability, again getting the considerable vamp passives should be a HARD CHOICE, currently there just aren't enough downsides to being a vamp.

People complaining about excessive flame damage and visuals want all the benefits without any drawbacks, (which it already has tbh...I mean undeath? Really?. Stay strong Devs and don't give in to the whinners.
  • Stravokov
    Stravokov
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ive played my Vampire since launch to present and have gone through all the nerfs/changes/ups and downs etc. in my opinion i've always felt that vampirism was more of a "passive" experience in eso, rather than dealing with an actual curse. you know, the hunger for living blood? here are my two points that have bugged my experience for the past years.

1.) Stage System and Feeding.

ive never liked the stage system in any of the builds, it has always bothered me. personally, i want to experience the full effect of a vampire, dealing with the vulnerabilities as well as the supernatural powers. players should not be able to a la carte the Vampire curse to fit their characters. rather they should be presented with the skill line (vulnerabilities and powers in total) and decided if it is a challenge they want to undertake. I always play in stage 4 to represent this, regardless of what dungeon or pvp area i am playing in. this means that using the feeding ability is useless to me... yes that is right you heard me correct! Drinking Blood is useless to a Vampire that wants to remain powerful, it doesn't make ANY sense!

I really enjoyed the changes to werewolf, and the fact that werewolves have to feed on corpses or attack to remain in the form. it really adds to the Immersion of playing such a supernatural character/role! i feel Vampire needs a mechanic that is similar in nature, focused around drinking blood to remain powerful and well fed. im not saying the idea should be mirrored, but something the devs should consider. it would add to the experience of playing as a Vampire. it is frustrating to me that i cant feed because it will reduce my stage levels and lessen the supernatural experience i want when playing as a Vampire.

2.) Vampire abilities.

Vampires should be a fully fleshed out supernatural skill line like werewolves, in the sense that we have skills for every situation. an escape, direct damage, heal, gap closer etc etc. i think drain essence and bat swarm are balanced well, but mist form still feels slow and buggy for an escape. it bothers me that a high percentage of players that take the skill line, only do so for the passives and never use the skills. there should be an incentive to play as a vampire with an appropriate challenge behind it.

it is frustrating to see all the attention Werewolves have gotten, the awesome changes to their skill line, the DLC, and yet vampirism has been ignored. I really hope the devs take the ideas in this thread to heart and look over the skill line to make it challenging and fun to play as a Vampire.
    Edited by Stravokov on September 29, 2018 3:47PM
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of what all want and doesn't affect anything is overhaul of vampires look, so we actually can use skins and tattoos, it would also be nice to have our original skin just a bit more pale (without all veins visible).

Secondly, it would be nice to have more active abilities. Maybe a magicka spamable (ranged/melee), some heal? Nothing OP just to have an option to not be bound to destroy/resto.
    Or some kind of utility like backward short teleport - teleports you 10m backwards removing snares and roots and creates your doppelganger (that has your current HP and ressistances) at original spot for 20s. When you're in 28 meter range using again this skill moves you back to original position but only if doppelganger still lives.

That are just an examples. We would appreciate anything, something that would allow vampires to feel as awesome as WW ;)

I'm not against giving vampires some stamina skills but only if werwolves will be more friendly to magicka classes to.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree that tattoos should be more prevalent but please don't change stage 4 looks! Perhaps make it a toggle for those that want something different like hide helmet. I absolutely love the look of my stage 4 vamp!

Only pain point on my vamp is lack of Stam morphs. Perhaps some poison damage on accelerating drain?
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • KaiDynasty
    KaiDynasty
    ✭✭✭
    Add the option to hide the vampire skin, it's very annoying being forced to renounce to body marks. Also, i can already hide vampirism with other skins, so i don't see a reason why that side effect cannot be hided.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well heres what I think. I think the complete white snow colored paleness of the skin maybe some referance to skyrims vampires. Where they were told they were as pale as the snow they were pale but not that kind of pale. But in Eso they definitely look as pale white as the snow. I think they need to reduce the paleness by stages give them fangs visible ones. Give certain vampire npcs fangs as well to make them look like vampires. At later stages maybe at stage three then they start to get really pale almost as pale as the snow and stage four as pale as the snow. With red glowing eyes. Not like full glowing eyes but well irises that are well red. Make them look like real vampires and not twilight ones.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on October 4, 2018 9:03AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. They are ugly
    2. They are mandatory because of elusive mist (and some passives)

At the very least, let us hide it. At best, rework it so that it doesn't come as mandatory but as an option for a certain playstyle - like werewolf, you would get a vampire transformation...
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on October 4, 2018 9:41AM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • twofaced
    twofaced
    ✭✭✭
    1) Appearance
    2) Undeath is useless because this skillline suppose to be used on magicka squash characters which are usually oneshot. I see two fix posibilities: Minor protection all the time or rework the calculation to preapply 33% reduction when damage gonna reduce your health under 50% health.