The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[Class Rep] Vampire Feedback Thread

• Ottma
    Ottma
    After more than 4 years of playing and refusing to look like a peace of chalk in Pamukkale even if it means to miss the boni, I tried it now. Everything I'm thinking about since then is the solution to hide those looks. For me this definitely needs to be fixed. Just lest us hide it please.

To put several aspects together people ask for, you could have us pick a clan or something so we have the option to choose between different models of skills, stages or looks. Lore says there are totally different types of vampires. Can't understand why we shouldn't be able to choose between some.
    Edited by Ottma on November 21, 2018 11:23PM
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ottma wrote: »
    After more than 4 years of playing and refusing to look like a peace of chalk in Pamukkale even if it means to miss the boni, I tried it now. Everything I'm thinking about since then is the solution to hide those looks. For me this definitely needs to be fixed. Just lest us hide it please.

To put several aspects together people ask for, you could have us pick a clan or something so we have the option to choose between different models of skills, stages or looks. Lore says there are totally different types of vampires. Can't understand why we shouldn't be able to choose between some.

But this way they can force you to buy Crown Store Skins to hide it :open_mouth:
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) 90% of pvp is stam & 90% of them are running dawnbreaker (even some magic users slot it even though it’s not as good on magic.

2) every attack by a magicka dk completely melts us as most are dunmers running skoria which is overpowered imo

So the benefits aren’t worth it to me
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Camael
    Camael
    ✭✭
    I dropped vamp on my main magplar half a year ago due to aperiance. It was toughest choice I had to make in this game but I can see my gorgeous tattoos again. Even tho I truly miss mist from escape I rather to adapt my build... HONESTLY JUST KEPT OUR EYES RED or so but don't wash our tattoos coz look of vamps is 1 of 2 biggest pain points for most vamps in game. Second pain point is obviously fire dmg that is everywhere. I'm not mention downbraker as there have to be some counter to wicked:)
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will vampires skills get updates like werewolf? Or just players wasting time while posting feedback.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who absolutely loves the way vampires look? :blush:

Am all for a toggle, though. That is probably the most requested single piece of feedback I've seen for anything. lmao

I Feel that the 25% extra flame damage that the Vampires take is a bit excessive, and irrational.

25% is so much damage, plus the low health recovery.

Eeehhhhh why? What do you want to do with a vamp that you feel you cannot currently do due to this drawback, but should be able to do, specifically?

Kena,

Non vamp magblades get pretty eaten alive by magdk. Become a vamp & this is even more so. Many Templar skills are also fire based & flame clench spammers are pretty relevant. Let’s not forget oil does huge damage to non-vamp & will literally destroy vamps. In this meta where your opponents are throwing lightening wall of elements for 8% concussed damage increase & then hitting you with fire based attacks #NoChance

Stamden, Stam DK, stam sorc & stam Templar all throwing dawnbreaker even magsorcs or magplar using dawnbreaker.. if you take 1 to the face you’re likely dead especially if combo’d

I want better mobility/survivability or a huge damage increase to allow me to run defensive armor. The benefits should outweigh the negatives otherwise people won’t run it. Mobility/survivability can make a positive impact on pvp w/o changing the pve side much.

If dark elf can only mitigate the inc fire damage by ~2% that’s just not enough to be worth; should be at least 5 if not 10%
    Edited by kaithuzar on November 23, 2018 6:30AM
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    werzui wrote: »
    1. Vampires need to be more in line with Werewolves in terms of available Skills, just giving them one more Skill and making the the other Vampskills more usefull would make Vamps better
    2. The Appearance needs to be looked at, they should look more like Vampires and not like pale Zombies

I'd like 'clean' humans to be more in line with vampires or werewolves. I dislike feeling the need to make all my characters a monster for competitiveness sake. Monsters are imbalanced badly and they have always been so. Its much worse now that they nerfed the hell out of fire damage on vampires. As I always say, this game would have been more balanced if they never added vampire and werewolf.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Xarico
    Xarico
    ✭✭✭
    Will vampires skills get updates like werewolf? Or just players wasting time while posting feedback.

This. Hopefully, we don't have to wait until a vampire-themed DLC to see meaningful improvements (if such a DLC ever happens, and I'm not implying that it should). Unless, of course, the DLC is just around the corner.
  • ashlatta
    ashlatta
    Soul Shriven
    1) I would like the option to hide the vampire's look. Maybe there is a roleplayingy way to do this. Perhaps the character looks normal until they start battling. This follows some other lore where the fangs only come out when the vampire is feasting. So they are able to be disguised as a regular human most of the time.

2) My second pain point is same as the first. Even if it be a cheesy crown store item: vampire disguise - to hide the vampire look, that would be fine.
    Edited by ashlatta on November 27, 2018 4:54AM
  • Strykerous
    Strykerous
    ✭✭✭
    As far as the feeding goes, Vampires nite necks, not suck out of the target npc/player. Second, they need to bring the stun from the feeding back, forth it is highly unfair that the vampires keep getting nerfed and not the werewolves. Vampires need to be made as strong as werewolves, not nefed to the point of “well minus well get rid of it”. Fifth, The vampires need more abilities than the 3 that they have. For example maybe an ability where you can turn into a gargoyle or something. And finally vampires are supposed to have super speed, they need something where they naturally move extremely fast. If none of that is of interest, why not make the vampires a class all on their own and on the dabut,give players the option of class change for one of their characters so players won’t have to worry about starting over and call the new class Nosferatu. If none of that than at least please stop nerfing vampires and start building them up to the point that they are as good as werewolves.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hm, speed... I wonder if Minor Expedition as a vampire passive would be useful without being overpowered.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Strykerous wrote: »
    As far as the feeding goes, Vampires nite necks, not suck out of the target npc/player.
    What, you don't like the "Jazz Hands" special attack animation?

I'd like to see Mistform actuall be, IDK, mist. It's kind of stupid being using the skill only to get hung up on a blade of grass or two chatty NPC's.

(See Legacy of Kane's passthrough or even Castelvania's original). Fog, especially the magical kind, should go around things...

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strykerous wrote: »
    they need to bring the stun from the feeding back,
    Still does in PvE, so not sure what you mean.
    unfair that the vampires keep getting nerfed and not the werewolves.
    Been forever since Vampires got nerfed. All that has changed recently is that Lighting got nerfed which means more Fire.
    The vampires need more abilities than the 3 that they have. For example maybe an ability where you can turn into a gargoyle or something.
    No they don't Vampires have always active passives, Werewolfs only get there passives while in form. I DO NOT only want my Vampire passives while in gargoyle form.
    And finally vampires are supposed to have super speed, they need something where they naturally move extremely fast.
    They have speed. No movement penalty while in stealth. That's pretty d frigging good. Given the recent speed issues, some other always active stackable movement bonus would not be good.
    If none of that is of interest, why not make the vampires a class all on their own and on the dabut,give players the option of class change for one of their characters so players won’t have to worry about starting over and call the new class Nosferatu. If none of that than at least please stop nerfing vampires and start building them up to the point that they are as good as werewolves.

I do not want vampire to be its own class, and it hasn't been nerfed in a long while. I can not think of a single one since I started in Dec 2016
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

• ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    lets be real, who uses baleful mist or clouding swarm?
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on December 12, 2018 3:26AM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • HansProlo
    HansProlo
    ✭✭
    Aren‘t vampires supposed to shoot lightning out of their fingers? I saw that in a random movie. Something with a man in a black robe and a gay young man with a green lamp and this vampire guy was quite a tolerant one, saying things like „let the hate flow through you“.

Guess that vampire got some mental magic skills too. Something like mind control. Should add that in ESO.
  • TiZzA93
    TiZzA93
    ✭✭✭
    @HansProlo i named my first character unlimited power and went around HA with overload all the time XD
    Edited by TiZzA93 on December 12, 2018 8:39PM
  • nerfworthy
    nerfworthy
    ✭✭✭
    Tattoos and body markings being horrendously faded into oblivion on vampire skin is unacceptable. This is by far my worst complaint.

I would love to be able to toggle the vampire eyes on or off without having to use some gaudy skin. Sometimes I miss my regular eyes.
    MagWarden main and a Dunmer enthusiast!
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please allow body markings to appear over top of the vampire skin.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • IonicKai
    IonicKai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Wrath wrote: »
    Please allow body markings to appear over top of the vampire skin.

I find it really annoying that you cannot see really any of the in game body markings over the vampire skin.
  • Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭
    And see, we have the heart of the problem in many of these comments. WW, is a "class" (not really, but unless your going to semantics me you get the point). You build to be a WW, and it pays off. On the other hand, vampire has been so weak that it is considered a buff to other classes, leading to people talking about its appearance. When people talk about balancing with vampire, they include the class it is on, when people talk about WW, they talk about WW.

Let's be honest, Vampire, in order to not just be a buff for pve characters and a death sentence for pve characters, needs a total rework. NB has a life steal skill line, why not expand upon that and make vampires the blood mages they are supposed to be instead of the blood fiends from riven spire that we currently have.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And see, we have the heart of the problem in many of these comments. WW, is a "class" (not really, but unless your going to semantics me you get the point). You build to be a WW, and it pays off. On the other hand, vampire has been so weak that it is considered a buff to other classes, leading to people talking about its appearance. When people talk about balancing with vampire, they include the class it is on, when people talk about WW, they talk about WW.

Let's be honest, Vampire, in order to not just be a buff for pve characters and a death sentence for pve characters, needs a total rework. NB has a life steal skill line, why not expand upon that and make vampires the blood mages they are supposed to be instead of the blood fiends from riven spire that we currently have.

WW is completely useless in PvE. I do not want Vampire to be the same. I love the fact that I get the benefits (and drawbacks) of being a Vampire all the time, and not limited to once every 250 Ulti.
    The reason the only conversation about Vampires, is because its nearly perfect. Appearance is the only thing to talk about.
    Especially if ZoS would actually balance Fire & Lighting like it was before Dragon Bones Off Balance nerf. When the risk of being a Vampire wasn't 100% uptime on bonus Fire damage because Everyone and there mothers was running Fire Staves
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others

• DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭

Tbh I do use the Clouding Swarm spam since it confuses people enough for me to get kills (war maiden and vamp lord), but I'm all for a rework anyway.
  • Chiefdrake
    Chiefdrake
    ✭✭
    Two appearance related ones--

I don't have a problem with an intense vampiric look at further stages, but even at Stage 1 it is far too overpowering. No need to completely redo the vampire look, just lessen it more on lower stages.

And (haven't played in a while because of computer issues, but I doubt this has changed), the vampire appearance messes with war paints/tattoos. Makes them much more transparent and difficult to see-- kinda annoying.
    Irivan V'kali -- Hlaalu Dunmer -- Nightblade
    "For we, the faithful of Vaermina, know true fear."
    "Look, I'm not saying I'm afraid of Kagouti, s'wit. I'm just saying that-- given the choice between facing the entire Aldmeri Dominion military or a Kagouti in rut-- I'll take the uptight Aldmer any day."
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chiefdrake wrote: »
    Two appearance related ones--

I don't have a problem with an intense vampiric look at further stages, but even at Stage 1 it is far too overpowering. No need to completely redo the vampire look, just lessen it more on lower stages.

And (haven't played in a while because of computer issues, but I doubt this has changed), the vampire appearance messes with war paints/tattoos. Makes them much more transparent and difficult to see-- kinda annoying.

It should never override as much as it does. Not even stage 4 should block out tattoos.
    ZoS needs to either turn up the Transparency of the skin. OR apply it lower down in order. FFS it even blocks "body paint" body markings, what sense is that?!?!?
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others

• ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Tbh I do use the Clouding Swarm spam since it confuses people enough for me to get kills (war maiden and vamp lord), but I'm all for a rework anyway.

that's a fun reason to use the skill lol.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The stun and damage ticks of drain are dodgeable even though it’s a channeled ability
  • Vinterskald
    Vinterskald
    ✭✭✭
    My two problems are mainly aesthetic to be honest -

1. Although I don't mind the skin in general, it's just.......... not good for Redguard (or other dark skinned) characters. Making them as white as a sheet is just honestly not how skin works. Same for blocking out tattoos, as others pointed out.

2. The feeding animation is just weird. Can't remember it being like that in any other TES game.
    Barra agea ry sou karan.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My two problems are mainly aesthetic to be honest -

1. Although I don't mind the skin in general, it's just.......... not good for Redguard (or other dark skinned) characters. Making them as white as a sheet is just honestly not how skin works. Same for blocking out tattoos, as others pointed out.

2. The feeding animation is just weird. Can't remember it being like that in any other TES game.

Interesting because its only the dark skins that I think it actually sort of works on. Like the two darkest options from Orc actually look decent as vampire. But yeah, Vampire Skin transparency needs to be like 50% more than it is. How the hell are Bosmer Black Eyes still white/red with Vampirsm :confounded:
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others

• Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭

WW is completely useless in PvE. I do not want Vampire to be the same. I love the fact that I get the benefits (and drawbacks) of being a Vampire all the time, and not limited to once every 250 Ulti.
    The reason the only conversation about Vampires, is because its nearly perfect. Appearance is the only thing to talk about.
    Especially if ZoS would actually balance Fire & Lighting like it was before Dragon Bones Off Balance nerf. When the risk of being a Vampire wasn't 100% uptime on bonus Fire damage because Everyone and there mothers was running Fire Staves

WW is *fairly* brain dead and easy dps in Pve, and while I had an idea a few days ago that might work here. Give us a vampired themed dlc that brings in vampire lords. This way those that just want the buffs (and de-buffs) that vampire brings can still have them, but those that want to actually play a vampire....
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WW is *fairly* brain dead and easy dps in Pve, and while I had an idea a few days ago that might work here. Give us a vampired themed dlc that brings in vampire lords. This way those that just want the buffs (and de-buffs) that vampire brings can still have them, but those that want to actually play a vampire....

I could get behind that idea.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others