The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 20 - Feedback Thread for Itemization & New Item Sets

• Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soldier of Anguish (Medium)

2: Weapon Damage
    3: Weapon Critical
    4: Weapon Damage
    5: When you deal damage with a melee attack, you have a 25% chance to traumatize your enemy, negating their next 5500 points of healing for 4 seconds. This effect can occur once every 4 seconds.

My concern is that this set has the potential to have easy 100% uptime (it can proc constantly in a "loop" - last for 4 seconds and can proc every 4 seconds - 25% chance is quite a lot) - effectively reducing ALL healing that your enemy can have leaving almost ZERO counter play. Might be even worse than sload set.
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just tested the ability altering bow and, while I enjoy the change to scattershot as is, the damage from this bow is lackluster. The DSA bow is better against single targets and for pvp as it will likely get you more damage, the MSA completely destroys it in terms of pve dps, and the asylum bow still has the high burst potential. This one doesn't really offer anything other than fringe damage, and you really want to keep recasting the skill until it crits otherwise the dot you get won't really do all that much.
    Options
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spell Strategist is way too good, its perma uptime 500 sp for magicka users. Beats any other power set for nuking down targets. CD on proc should be increased or set nerfed in other way. Compare to Ravager uptime and difference is rather brutal.
    Options
  • WeaselGod
    WeaselGod
    ✭✭✭
    Battalion Defender (Heavy)
    2: Max Health
    3: Max Stamina
    4: Healing Done
    5: After successfully blocking, heal yourself or a nearby group member with the lowest health for 2000. This effect can occur every 1 second.

Really interested in this for PvE, the one second cool down is dope af too, couple this with crest of cyrodiil and the new focus rune for Templar with stamina regen and you can block for days while constantly healing yourself and your group by doing absolutely nothing.
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5: When you deal damage with a melee attack, you have a 25% chance to traumatize your enemy, negating their next 5500 points of healing for 4 seconds. This effect can occur once every 4 seconds.

My concern is that this set has the potential to have easy 100% uptime (it can proc constantly in a "loop" - last for 4 seconds and can proc every 4 seconds - 25% chance is quite a lot) - effectively reducing ALL healing that your enemy can have leaving almost ZERO counter play. Might be even worse than sload set.

that's effectively 5500 damage every 4 seconds that's unmitigated. its proactive oblivion damage.
    Options
  • PureEnvelope35
    PureEnvelope35
    ✭✭✭✭

Tested this with a few friends, whoever thought of this set really has to rethink their life choices.....
    • Fashion is the true endgame.
    • PC EU
    • EP Astera the Charlatan Stamina Arcanist (PvE)
    • EP Malina the Pure Stamina Warden (PvP)
    • EP Athena the Pure Stamina Dragonknight (PvP)
    • EP Elizabeth the Pure Stamina Sorcerer (PvP)
    • DC Bonneville the Pure Magicka Dragonknight (PvE)
    • DC Lyudmila the Omen Stamina Necromancer (PvE)
    • DC Breña the Pure Stamina Nightblade (PvP)
    • DC Cirise the Pure Magicka Warden (PvP)
    • DC Melinda the Omen Stamina Necromancer (PvP)
    • DC Adeliane the Pure Magicka Templar (PvP)
    • AD Valencia the Pure Magicka Dragonknight (PvE)
    • AD Do'Nhadir Stamina Nightblade (PvP)
    • AD Xiphias Sword-Like-Comet Stamgicka Warden (PvP)
    • AD Eleanora the Pure Stamina Sorcerer (PvE)
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why did we give to major and minor buff system to then just start adding sets and items that do the same effects outside of that system?
    Options
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kolzki wrote: »
    “Spell Strategist (Light)
    2: Max Magicka
    3: Spell Damage
    4: Spell Damage
    5: When you deal damage with a Light Attack, you place a mark over your target for 5 seconds, granting you 500 Spell Damage against your marked target. This effect can occur every 4 seconds.”

Wow, either I’m missing something or there has to be a typo in there somewhere. That’s crazy strong.

When did we go from 400 weapon/spell damage of a specific damage type to 500 spell damage for doing something as simple as landing a light attack?

This is just nuts honestly.
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    olsborg wrote: »
    Just one tought rly, since you keep making magicka and stamina counterparts/similarities.

Where is the stamina Lich set? :dizzy:

It’s waiting with the Magicka VO and Relequen sets.

And magicka Fury. Indomitable Fury had me excited until I read the 5 piece. :'(

That set I still think has potential.
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

AGREED
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll just say it now that this is going to be bad and I am going to try to use it if it sees the light of live so if the devs are smart, they'll do something about it now and save me investing in doing so, along with everyone else.

I would definitely go for this set, plus Cyrodiils ward and a stamplar running 2h axe with both sets and jabs will give me good up time, and then put dual wield master axes back bar. Let the bleeds work and keep people from healing.
    Options
  • jbjondeaueb17_ESO
    jbjondeaueb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    WeaselGod wrote: »
    Battalion Defender (Heavy)
    2: Max Health
    4: Healing Done
    5: After successfully blocking, heal yourself or a nearby group member with the lowest health for 2000. This effect can occur every 1 second.

Really interested in this for PvE, the one second cool down is dope af too, couple this with crest of cyrodiil and the new focus rune for Templar with stamina regen and you can block for days while constantly healing yourself and your group by doing absolutely nothing.

Well, be careful of the definition of "nearby", it could be healing only in a 5 or 8 meters radius, making it way less relevant, in PvE at least, apart for some PvP tanks perhaps in the middle of their zergs.
    Pain-Healer - Argonian Templar Healer (EP) - Immortal Redeemer - Gryphon's Heart
    Guild : Ghosts and Goblins Target Dummies
    Players know me as Jeban
    Options
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gravord wrote: »
    Spell Strategist is way too good, its perma uptime 500 sp for magicka users. Beats any other power set for nuking down targets. CD on proc should be increased or set nerfed in other way. Compare to Ravager uptime and difference is rather brutal.

Depends on the class. A stamplar can keep Ravager up 80%+, which is 504WD on average with higher burst.
    Options
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    5: When you deal damage with a Light Attack, you place a mark over your target for 5 seconds, granting you 500 Spell Damage against your marked target. This effect can occur every 4 seconds.”

Wow, either I’m missing something or there has to be a typo in there somewhere. That’s crazy strong.

When did we go from 400 weapon/spell damage of a specific damage type to 500 spell damage for doing something as simple as landing a light attack?

This is just nuts honestly.

Not the same buff, though. BSW or Siroria or whatever boost your spell damage. Spell Strategist boosts your spell damage only against a specific target. And its bonus is less than the maximum Siroria stack bonus still.

Seems like they'll all have specific BiS uses. BSW would probably be preferable in Maelstrom or any fight where cleave is important, Siroria is good if you're standing still but not when you have to move a lot, this new set'll be good for pure single target, etc.
    Edited by LiquidPony on September 18, 2018 1:24AM
    Options
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of the new blackrose prison weapons these are the only two of them granting DoT's. Clearly, one is much better than the other.

Perfect Wild Impulse
    2: Spell Penetration
    2: Reduce the cost of Impulse by 10%. Impulse places lingering elemental damage on your targets, dealing 3333 Flame, 3333 Shock, and 3333 Ice Damage over 9 seconds.

Perfect Razor Shot
    2: Weapon Critical
    2: Scatter Shot applies a bleed after a delay that deals 40% of your initial attack every 2 seconds for 4 seconds. The duration increases if you are further away from your target to a maximum of 12 seconds.

A 10k DoT from all elements over 9 seconds, that ticks of 3,333 every 3 seconds actually has some burst potential to it if timed correctly. Plus it has spell penetration as the 1-piece bonus. Compare that to razor shot which the 40% is calculated after resistances and you are left dealing maybe 2-3k damage. Let's assume the latter which is 3k, so 40% of 3k is 1.2k damage that occurs in 2-second increments AFTER A DELAY. Masters DW gives 1.5k each tick, which ticks every 1 second and has no delay plus the duration is a flat amount and not cut short depending on your opponent's distance.

If it doesn't get buffed no one is going to use this in PvE or PvP. Outshined by masters DW, masters bow, maelstrom bow, and even asylum bow. Promoting a play style that recommends you to stay away from your opponents in order to deal more damage is just silly. Honestly, don't buff it... just rework it entirely.
    PC NA
    Characters:
    Aldmeri Dominion Champion - Stamina Warden - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłër - Magicka Nightblade - AD
    Ðazzler - Stamina Arcanist - AD
    Sugar Deady - Magicka Necromancer - AD
    Sprint v X - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
    Tımë Ðâzzlër Ðk - Stamina Dragonknight - EP
    Tımë Ðâzzłêr - Stamina Templar - DC
    Time Dazzler - Magicka Warden - DC
    Options
  • StopDropAndBear
    StopDropAndBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wild Impulse
    2: Reduce the cost of Impulse by 10%. Impulse places lingering elemental damage on your targets, dealing 3333 Flame, 3333 Shock, and 3333 Ice Damage over 9 seconds.

Am I missing something here? Impulse is a one-and-done spammable, and cost reduction on this staff makes it more effective as one, but if you want the full DoT to tick you can only cast Impulse once every 9 seconds? Is this intended to only be effective in PVP?
    Edited by StopDropAndBear on September 18, 2018 3:07AM
    Options
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe on a healer's backbar running pulsar to start trash pulls in 4 mans while also preproccing grave-stake collector? (though I'd rather back bar a set and use a unique resto)
    Options
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    blackrose 2h should do damage to all enemies around the target, not two. Dizzying/wrecking blows the most counterable skill In the game and deserves to be rewarded for landing it, especially in this speed meta. Dizzying swing can be countered by walking through the user, bashing the user, ccing the user, and outrunning the user.

Also, this new set will be worse than sloads

Healing does not need another nerf this paired with defile ruined healing for everyone but heal bots and it stack this set needs a whole new five piece how can you go from a update trying to nerf defile then add this set. This set stack with other players and will have 100% uptime
    Edited by lucky_Sage on September 18, 2018 3:54AM
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

that's effectively 5500 damage every 4 seconds that's unmitigated. its proactive oblivion damage.

Tested; it does proc every 4 seconds, and your target can't heal. It's worse than oblivion damage because oblivion has a counter (albeit a bad one): healing.

This set needs to 1) be affected by battlespirit (it isn't) and 2) have at least 2-3x the cooldown length.
    Options
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just noticed a pretty significant problem with the Wild Impulse set.

The set applies a 9 second DOT, but the majority of magicka DPS builds use an 8 second static rotation.

Therefore, the last tick of Wild Impulse will always be lost on such builds. No big deal, just change from a static to a dynamic rotation, right? Not so fast... Doing so is significantly more difficult on consoles without the benefit of add-ons.

This item would widen the performance gap between PC and console players even further.

If closing that gap is a dev goal, then the Wild Impulse DOT should be shortened to 8 seconds.

Also, Pulsar (the Minor Mangle morph of Impulse) needs to be redesigned. Minor Mangle is poorly designed and rarely (if ever) useful.
    Edited by Gnortranermara on September 18, 2018 1:08PM
    Options
  • JarlUlfric
    JarlUlfric
    ✭✭✭✭
    • 2 Items: Weapon Damage
    • 3 Items: Weapon Critical
    • 4: Items Weapon Damage
    • 5 Items: When you deal damage with a melee attack, you have a 25% chance to traumatize your enemy, negating their next 5500 points of healing for 4 seconds. This effect can occur once every 4 seconds.

This set cannot make it to live. This is going to kill any semblance of PVP that requires skill. I've seen what this does on the PTS and it's absolutely mind boggling at how a person who gets paid to work on itemization could think this is a good idea.

First Sload's, and now this? For christ sake ZOS, make somethings actually require skill rather than light attacking everything to death.

I'm not sure how much longer I can stand to play a game where the balance and itemization teams have no clue whatsoever with how their game actually works
    True High King
    Member since August 2013.
    Eastmarch Trade Company | Washed Up Raiders | Order of the Bear (RIP 4.17.2015 - 5.31.2019)
    EP | Björn Járnsída | Dragonknight Tank
    EP | First-Rank Ansei | Stamina Nightblade
    EP | Advancing Yokeda | Stamina Sorceror
    EP | Immortal Yokeda | Stamina Necromancer
    EP | Resilient Yokeda | Stamina Dragonknight
    EP | Talvos Sari | Magicka Sorcerer
    Options
  • Bowser
    Bowser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bowser wrote: »
    The major protection on blade cloak might be useful on specific fights.

Mm-m, but how viable it would be to slot DW for a tank? Or back bar it situationally, for a given fight?

Just as viable as an ice staff lol

I wouldn't mind an mitigating an extra 30% off Z'Maja's stupid heavy attack.
    @King-Koopa
    World First DK Tank Execute on Rakkhat HM
    Play how you want - no meta allowed!
    Options
  • Dashmatt
    Dashmatt
    ✭✭✭✭

Tested this with a few friends, whoever thought of this set really has to rethink their life choices.....

Just thinking about the sets you could combine with this... this will ruin PvP if it goes live without changes. Honestly after defile nerfs I’m amazed this mechanic is even being considered. I’d rather it not be in the game at all, but if it must, the uptime needs to be cut down significantly at the very least.

This one is interesting and might actually be okay. That’s a lot of damage but only single target.

Personally I am hyped for:

Might of the Lost Legion
    2: Max Stamina
    3: Max Magicka
    5: After successfully blocking, gain 3 uses of Empower, increasing the damage of your next 3 Light Attacks by 40%.

Pretty good job with the new sets overall, besides Anguish. That’s too much.

Just wanted to point out that with all the new sets being added, it’s becoming increasingly necessary to add a keyword search to guild traders...
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    •Champion of the Hist (Heavy) •2: Weapon Damage
    4: Max Stamina
    5: Gain Minor Heroism at all times while you are in combat, generating 1 Ultimate every 1.5 seconds.
    Shalk Exoskeleton
    (2 items) Adds 1206 Max Health
    (3 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
    (4 items) Adds 833 Spell Critical
    (5 items) Gain Minor Heroism at all times while in combat, generating 1 Ultimate every 1.5 seconds.

While there´s a difference between the sets (different 2-4 piece bonuses), I don´t understand why all of a sudden having two sets in the game that gives the same buff in the exact same way?? If I recall correctly, there´re not "duplicates" of other sets in the game like this.
    Options
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »

It's single target damage only. I'm sure it will get nerfed because of PvP QQing. PvE it would be nice for burning down bosses, but will have very little benefit to trash mobs, pulls, etc.

Just like Relequen is useless for stam DDs right?
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »

Tested; it does proc every 4 seconds, and your target can't heal. It's worse than oblivion damage because oblivion has a counter (albeit a bad one): healing.

This set needs to 1) be affected by battlespirit (it isn't) and 2) have at least 2-3x the cooldown length.

Set does not belong in the game.
    Options
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    I spend the evening yesterday to test these new weapons, and I got to the conclusion that I only see a few niche scenarios where a few of them they could be used over other weapons and sets. I'll go through them weapon by weapon and note why. Please post more feedback on them, I will use this thread to give them condesned fedback on all of these in our meeting next week.

Blackrose Two-hander:

While it's been stated that this is the favourite weapon for some of the devs, it is fairly weak. Not only is the radius quite small, it also is simply weaker than the master counterpart in every regard. With the master twohander, you get a shield, a bleed dot, can hit more enemies and do more damage against them. In PvP only a few classes use dizzying swing because they lack a good spammable alternative, and this weapon will not change this. In PvE, it is subpar due to all the reasons i listed above.

Blackrose Bow:

This one was interesting for me at first (combined with the range increase on scatter shot), but its functionality is again quite counterintuitive. Since the bleed dot is scaling with the damage it does, it does exactly the counterpart of what bleeds were designed to do: hit hard against high resistance enemies. This way, it does exactly the opposite: It kills enemies with low resistances fast from full range (since the damage of the initial hit is high against these), but doesn't do a lot against tanky enemies. It also increases the eficiency of the low risk high reward sniper playstye in pvp even more, since they can now snipe + scattershot you from full range and make sure their snipe hits you unguarded and have it apply a bleed dot on top of the poisoning. I see this being used, but not really in healthy way.

Blackrose Dual Wield:

The dual wield is quite bad. Yes, major protection is a potent buff, but three seconds is very short and will not save you from anything in pvp, since you have to actively use this skill. Blade cloak is an expensive skill, and basically spamming it every three seconds to keep the buff up drains your resources very very fast. In pve this weapon is obviously not gonna be used, since you'd be giving up quite a bit of damage for it and stamina has access to the aoe damage reduction through shuffle/elude now, which is more effective in terms of cost/benefit than blade cloak.

Blackrose Destruction staff:

I was excited when I saw this one, but the functionality completely kills it. Impulse is an aoe spammable for magicka classes. Well, spamming it with this weapon active will make the weapon do nothing. The first dot tick comes after three seconds, and then ticks every other three seconds for three ticks in total. Not only is that a bad dot design (since dots that hardly ever tick don't proc things, they are likely tobe cleansed before they do damage etc.), it also doesnt add up with any rotation in pve. EVERY magicka rotation is 8 seconds due tt elemental blockade, and performing the rotation will make you miss out on the last dot tick of this weapon if you plan on using it as an additional DoT. If this weapon generated ticks faster (one per second, or even multiple smaller ones) it would add a nice DoT to magicka classes that you can use to get more elemental damage in. The way it is now is underperforming and I don't see this being used, not even in trash mobs since, as pointed out before, you can NOT spam impulse and get damage from the DoTs.

Blackrose Restoration Staff:

I know it was designed for pve, but this weapon is not gonna be used in PvE. Master and Asylum Restoration Staff would outperform this basically anywhere, and even if they weren'T there, healers use olorime restos now. It is a PvP weapon for magicka classes that use healing ward as an emergency heal+shield, simple as that. I see this being used on builds, so this one is fine as it is.

Blackrose One-handed and Shield:

This one could be used on stamina builds in PvP (and one 4th Boss vHoF :trollface:), but again, I don't see it outperforming other setups. The reduced cost on shield charge is fine, but then limiting the next free skill to a one-hand and shield skill is very restrictive. It also forces you to slot shield charge AND another one-hand and shield ability, which many builds don't do, and will not do only for this weapon to work.

Cheers,

Masel
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
    Options
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    olsborg wrote: »
    Just one tought rly, since you keep making magicka and stamina counterparts/similarities.

Where is the stamina Lich set? :dizzy:

It’s waiting with the Magicka VO and Relequen sets.

Please no magcika relequen. Not another proc set that deals damage for me.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »
    Blackrose Bow:

This one was interesting for me at first (combined with the range increase on scatter shot), but its functionality is again quite counterintuitive. Since the bleed dot is scaling with the damage it does, it does exactly the counterpart of what bleeds were designed to do: hit hard against high resistance enemies. This way, it does exactly the opposite: It kills enemies with low resistances fast from full range (since the damage of the initial hit is high against these), but doesn't do a lot against tanky enemies. It also increases the eficiency of the low risk high reward sniper playstye in pvp even more, since they can now snipe + scattershot you from full range and make sure their snipe hits you unguarded and have it apply a bleed dot on top of the poisoning. I see this being used, but not really in healthy way.

Right. Bleeds are already very strong, so adding one that can be used from 28/41m away is just low risk/high reward. The playstyle of standing far away and spamming low risk/high damage attacks isn't good for the game, especially since ZOS is intent on destroying melee/tanky frontline playstyles that make the range damage dealers viable in the first place.

Except nightblade, because they can spam attacks from range then if it starts going sideways, get out of jail free with cloak.
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please redo the entire Soldier of Anguish set, its too strong for pvp and make it the stamina equivalent of Spell Strategist, with weapon dmg.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options