The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Update 20 - Feedback Thread for Itemization & New Item Sets

• Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the change for Razor shot to be Poison Damage instead of a Bleed stays, perhaps change the name as well?
    Perhaps: "The [(Haj) Mota's Spit/Swaps Touch] Set"
    (If you do change it back, rename it to "The Gava's Bite Set", after that annoying mosquito)
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on October 2, 2018 6:47PM
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steadfast Hero (Heavy)

2: Physical Resistance
    3: Spell Resistance
    4: Max Health
    5: When you cleanse a negative effect from yourself or an ally, gain Major Protection for 5 seconds, reducing your damage taken by 30%. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.

Does this work with Blue Betty removing one negative effect when cast?
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anguish

Please take a look on how this set will perform in no cp battle ground. (especial in chaos ball)
    • No-cp means lower healing,
    • in bg there is no 20% more healing cyro buff
    • chaos ball will already put up a big dot+heal debuff
    • fights in bg are quite often in close areas so the set will quite often hit and it will be really hard to avoid in all the aoe visuals, roots and snares

In general all fix value sets that are balanced around cp stats will over perform in no-cp.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anguish is now useless. Please change this set entirely. The time and money you've spent designing this set has been a waste.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you weapon swap immediately after firing the Blackrose bow it doesn't proc the DoT. Due to this it's not reliable in application, and because of that I personally will not be using it.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Daus , that would be common for many other weapons too - say, vMA bow doesn't apply its buff if bar swap happened before first damage tick have hit the ground. If I remember right, Master bow acts same way if you swap bars before arrow hits the target. So if they were to fix Blackrose bow, best fix them all, unless it's intended behavior.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Daus , that would be common for many other weapons too - say, vMA bow doesn't apply its buff if bar swap happened before first damage tick have hit the ground. If I remember right, Master bow acts same way if you swap bars before arrow hits the target. So if they were to fix Blackrose bow, best fix them all, unless it's intended behavior.

Sounds like they need to fix them all then.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Bastion of Heartland should not be possible to stack with major evasion.
    2. Something should be done regarding either Throat set or gold Clockwork food. Granting magicka version of Bone Pirate wont work as it work for stamina builds, coz stamina don't have access to set like Amberplasm, while magicka have, and while it comparable to Throat set Amberplasm is far versatile and can be used with ordinary purple foods and golden clockwork food; while Throat can be used with Witchmoter drink wich is weaker version of Clockwork dish. It creates disparity in sets and making Amberplasm superior to Throat; and given that next update stacking max mana will be less viable - amberplasm looks more usable again with its stats.
    Edited by Cinbri on October 9, 2018 7:43PM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VirulentShotLUL.jpg

Anyone else get the feeling that this is slightly unbalanced compared to lets say - the destro staff?
    80k dmg over 10s? I´d like something like that for magica please.

On a more serious note: Do not make proccs that scale. Give them a fixed dmg tooltip and that´s it. You see what happens when you give players options to scale proccdmg. Not good.
    Edited by Derra on October 10, 2018 1:02PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    VirulentShotLUL.jpg

Anyone else get the feeling that this is slightly unbalanced compared to lets say - the destro staff?

On a more serious note: Do not make proccs that scale. Give them a fixed dmg tooltip and that´s it. You see what happens when you give players options to scale proccdmg. Not good.

How did you get it to hit so hard? Is this a PvE or a PvP build? At best mine is doing half of your damage.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    VirulentShotLUL.jpg

How did you get it to hit so hard? Is this a PvE or a PvP build? At best mine is doing half of your damage.

It's my screenshot, 5 Marksman 5 Hawk's Eye Asylum Bow Blackrose Bow.

Buffs: Major Brutality, Minor Berserk, 5 Hawk's Eye Stacks & 7/12%~ Long Shots passive.
    Debuffs on target: Asylum 50% Damage Taken, Major Fracture
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    2. Something should be done regarding either Throat set or gold Clockwork food. Granting magicka version of Bone Pirate wont work as it work for stamina builds, coz stamina don't have access to set like Amberplasm, while magicka have, and while it comparable to Throat set Amberplasm is far versatile and can be used with ordinary purple foods and golden clockwork food; while Throat can be used with Witchmoter drink wich is weaker version of Clockwork dish. It creates disparity in sets and making Amberplasm superior to Throat; and given that next update stacking max mana will be less viable - amberplasm looks more usable again with its stats.

Spring loaded infusion is a viable use now. Mostly looking at templars that can get stamina sustain from restoring rune but use ele drain+higher regen via deep-throat for mag sustain.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Cinbri wrote: »

Spring loaded infusion is a viable use now. Mostly looking at templars that can get stamina sustain from restoring rune but use ele drain+higher regen via deep-throat for mag sustain.
    Was my first thought to try. While under similar build Throat grant much more damage than Amber with just 50 more mana regen, but after modernizing enchants it ended that Xset+Amerplasm in damage output can be equalized to Xset+Throat while also have much more diverse defensive stats with additional stam regen/hp regen/crit. On magicka build we need those defensive stats.
    Main problem is Witchmother-Clockwork dish it increase gap in usefullness of those sets, if you could use Clockwork with Throat it could equalize strength of Throat and Amberplasm.
    Edited by Cinbri on October 10, 2018 4:56PM
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VirulentShotLUL.jpg

Bow/bow intensifies
    Edited by Royaji on October 10, 2018 5:54PM
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you ever gonna release some good weapon sets sourced in pvp, im a pure pvper and im pretty sick of the fact that every set you need to wear to stay competetive is hidden behind a tedious pve grind.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the new Spell Strategist set, I feel like it's important to point out:
    • That for magicka builds that run poisons (which most sorcs and NBs do as poison+Nirnhoned frontbar is BIS for open world) Moon Hunter is strictly better than Strategist, as it gives more spell damage, applies to multiple targets, and has "good enough" uptime to still be effectively used (just burst when it procs) while still buffing healing and cannot be purged
    • That for magicka builds with easy access to flame damage (DKs, Templars with Vampire's Bane) Burning Spellweave is strictly better than Strategist as it gives more spell damage, applies to multiple targets, with "good enough" uptime to be effectively used to burst while still buffing healing, along with strong secondary effects (the Burning status effect) and cannot be purged
    • That for magicka builds whose burst focuses around one skill (Nightblades with the Grim Focus proc) Martial Knowledge is strictly better as it results in more damage and with no visual effect (there is no way to know the Martial Knowledge proc is on you without a buff/debuff tracker) meaning fewer people will react to it
    • That Mechanical Acuity is still a thing and will result in higher burst (and applies to multiple targets) while also making all heals crit for the duration, along with giving a stamina bonus making magicka builds that run it able to block and dodge more

@ZOS_Liforce says that the set is intended to be the "assassin" set for magicka glass cannons in PVP, but multiple other sets outpace it's damage while both buffing healing and increasing the damage output against multiple targets (Moon Hunter, Burning Spellweave, Mechanical Acuity) and/or offering less/no visual effect compared to Strategist's proc (Martial Knowledge.) The trade-off isn't there: Strategist should be the go-to option for high damage at the sake of defense, but other sets offer more damage, more defense, and less risk of being countered (an enemy can purge my Strategist proc, but not my Acuity proc.) Buffing the amount of spell damage this set's 5pc granted would not be unreasonable as it's currently inferior to all other options.
    Edited by arkansas_ESO on October 14, 2018 10:46AM

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭
    Hand of Mephala Set

LEVEL 50 CHAMPION 160

(2 items) Adds 4% Healing Taken

(3 items) Adds 1206 Max Health

(4 items) Adds 2975 Physical Resistance

(5 items) When you take damage, you have a 10% chance to cast a web around you for 5 seconds, reducing the Movement Speed of enemies within by 50%. After 5 seconds the web bursts in to venom, dealing 2580 Poison Damage and applying Minor Fracture to any enemy hit for 5 seconds, reducing their Physical Resistance by 1320.

Please consider:

1. add minor breach to the 5 pc bonus so as to apply minor fracture and minor breach
    2. please increase the AoE radius of the fracture/breach debuff

Edited by TankHealz2015 on October 18, 2018 6:15PM
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hand of Mephala Set
    (5 items) When you take damage, you have a 10% chance to cast a web around you for 5 seconds, reducing the Movement Speed of enemies within by 50%. After 5 seconds the web bursts in to venom, dealing 2580 Poison Damage and applying Minor Fracture to any enemy hit for 5 seconds, reducing their Physical Resistance by 1320.

Or at least a companion set for Magika groups, though applying both would be preferred for a good debuff tank group set.