Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 20 - Feedback Thread for Itemization & New Item Sets

• commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    My feedback will be of some other sort. We have now how many? A hoard of different sets, and Murkmire brings even more. But still theres no hands down good set for tanks besides Alkosh, which was not meant for tanks at all lol. Ebon, Dragon, Jorvuld, Powerful assault, Torug - they are all rather weak (and PA was not particularly meant for PvE tanking), Alcosh outshines them a big deal (except for tank + 3dd runs, where there are not many means to proc it). So maybe at last give us some obviously good tanking set as strong as alcosh but designed for tanks (with useful stats) in the upcoming updates?
    Rawr
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    some healers run alkosh now even^
  • Scarpion
    Scarpion
    ✭✭✭
    Soldier of Anguish: Reduced the healing absorption value to 4800 from 5500, and the healing absorption debuff from this set can no longer stack with itself.

Yet still not reduced by battle spirit. It's almost like our faces are being spat on.
    SDk & MSorc.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scarpion wrote: »
    Soldier of Anguish: Reduced the healing absorption value to 4800 from 5500, and the healing absorption debuff from this set can no longer stack with itself.

Yet still not reduced by battle spirit. It's almost like our faces are being spat on.

If it's going to follow the same logic as shields, at least have it do it's heal based on 15% max health lol.

It's almost as is they pulled the intent for this set out of their butts lol; thing is designed terribly.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cut down the Spell Strategist bonus and slightly increase the cooldown.
    I know you wanna sell the DLC but there has to be a limit to decency when people farmed the crap out of Cloudrest and City of Ash to just find themselves with a set that's more powerful.

Scrap Soldier of Anguish completely.
    PS4 EU - CP 1000+ - EP Loyal

My EU Preciouses
    Aemon Dk | Imperial Dragonknight Tank
    Guari Gaburiefu | PvP Stamplar - Soon PvE tank
    Nadija Zenobia | 45k+ PvE Dk - PvP Leaper
    Naga del Serpente | High Elf Magicka Sorc PVE DPS - Soon tb 2nd crafter
    Azor Ahai V | Dunmer Magicka DK for PVP and Pve
    Jabba D'Cat | Khajiit Stamplar
    Gennarino Auditore | 7k Weapon damage Bosmer Stamblade / Ganking experimental build
    Rina Inbasu | Dunmer Magblade, my bomblade
    Zelgadis Greywords | High Elf Magplar
    Nachael Jordan | Redguard Stamsorc DPS
    Orghuz Diul | StamWar DPS
    This-Will-Buff-If | Argonian Warden Trial Off tank
    Amelia Tesla Sallilune | Breton Magden PvP DD / PvE healer
    Sap-My-Shield | PvP Nooblade, now dead PvE Tank
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    IiCv44v.png

This is still not an anti-shield set, it's an anti-healing set -- meaning it will hit every build without shields harder than those with.

To be an anti-shield set it either needs to strip existing shields or reduce the size of new ones cast, in which case it would be a counter to Bone Shield in group play.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Weps wrote: »
    I know you wanna sell the DLC but there has to be a limit to decency when people farmed the crap out of Cloudrest and City of Ash to just find themselves with a set that's more powerful.

Spell Strategist does not need nerf, it works on single target and even does not buff healing.

Many were complaining about Balorgh set but is it OP in live server? Definitely not.
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on September 24, 2018 6:31PM
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    IiCv44v.png

This is still not an anti-shield set, it's an anti-healing set -- meaning it will hit every build without shields harder than those with.

To be an anti-shield set it either needs to strip existing shields or reduce the size of new ones cast, in which case it would be a counter to Bone Shield in group play.

It is not an anti-shield set. And never was supposed to be an anti-shield set. It's an anti-healing set that might be still a bit too strong.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    IiCv44v.png

It is not an anti-shield set. And never was supposed to be an anti-shield set. It's an anti-healing set that might be still a bit too strong.

It is supposed to be a "reverse damage shield" according to the devs.

KACJsC8.png
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IiCv44v.png

KACJsC8.png

Yes, shields absorb some amount of damage. Soldier of Anguish absorbs some amount of healing. That's why Anguish is a reverse damage shield. That has nothing to do with being an anti-shield set.
  • Dashmatt
    Dashmatt
    ✭✭✭✭
    IiCv44v.png

KACJsC8.png
    Reverse damage shield huh. Maybe we should compare it to a set that procs a damage shield (which was literally just updated)

Hatchling’s Shell
    (5 items) Gain a damage shield equal to 20% of your Max Health for 15 seconds every 15 seconds.

Say you have a modest 30k health. This is a 3000 damage shield every 15 sec after battle spirit. The adjusted Anguish is 4800 healing negated every 4ish seconds. Let’s round it to 6 seconds. That is 12000 over 15 seconds, 4x as effective at negating healing as Hatchlings Shell is at preventing damage.
    Edited by Dashmatt on September 24, 2018 9:57PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm worn out by these sets. I wonder if the intention is to move toward sets doing all the work for us while running around each other in a circle unable to get abilities to fire. Just dot, bleed, and proc away and add some sets just in case someone actually manages to get a healing skill to fire.
  • Drygon
    Drygon
    ✭✭✭
    The Murkmire update has a total of 18 new item sets, making it one of the most set dense updates to date. Here is the Combat Team’s insight on some of the most debated sets on the forums:

Soldier of Anguish
    This set was designed to put pressure on single targets. Soldier of Anguish applies Heal Absorption, which acts like a reverse Damage Shield. Like Damage Shields, Heal Absorption was not intended to be stackable from the same source and we are already in the process of resolving this bug. Unlike Damage Shields, Heal Absorption is not currently affected by battle spirit and after reviewing some of the comments and testing the set in a greater variety of PvP scenarios, we’ve come to agreement that Soldier of Anguish is over-performing, and its values will be re-evaluated.

Spell Strategist
    Made for an assassin playstyle, Spell Strategist greatly increases your damage output, but only for single targets. In areas with high player concentrations or PvE content featuring multiple targets, players should find a drop-off in overall DPS. In addition, while your damage output on single targets increases, you gain no benefits to your healing abilities outside of abilities that scale off of your damage, such as Strife. Spell Strategist could be considered as a glass cannon item set and as of right now, will not be changed.

Blackrose Weapons
    Most forum discussions about the Blackrose Weapons showcase the weapons in PvP environments. The Combat Design team develops item sets based on the environment the sets are acquired in, such that PvP sets are typically acquired in PvP zones, PvE sets are typically acquired in PvE zones, and crafted sets and Monster Masks acting as a mix. That being said, we understand Blackrose is incredibly challenging, and the rewards should feel more awesome, particularly Radial Uppercut, Razor Shot, Wild Impulse, and Spectral Cloak. We are evaluating player feedback and examining these sets more closely.

We understand that not all item sets benefit all playstyles, but when creating each update, we try to craft item sets for the greatest variety of players. We scour the forums for constructive criticism to help inform our decision making and make the item sets that make for fun and exciting choices for our players, because at the end of the day, we make sets that we want to play with!

Hey, regarding items sets could you please adress the Maw of infernal spawn rate (it feels really inconsistent) as seeing that you guys already decided to fix the flames. So would it be too much to change the proc rate to 8% and make it proc from direct damage instead of only light attacks?

If this seems too much at least include medium atacks to proc chance, so it procs from light, medium and heavy atacks.
    Edited by Drygon on September 25, 2018 9:57AM
  • doggie
    doggie
    ✭✭✭
    Gallant Charge
    2: Reduces the cost of Shield Charge by 25% and reduces the cost of your next non-Shield Charge One Hand and Shield ability by 100%.

Perfect Gallant Charge
    2: Physical Resistance
    2: Spell Resistance
    2: Reduces the cost of Shield Charge by 25% and reduces the cost of your next non-Shield Charge One Hand and Shield ability by 100%.

I don't see how this set is useful in PvE, according to the devs the Blackrose sets should be useful in PvE, since the arena is PvE.

I recently returned to the game after a 18 month break, and the BIS armor for Tank is exactly the same as when I left. I don't understand how it's possible to add 6 new DLC dungeons and not offer a PvE upgrade for tanks.

It's going to be hard to get tanks to drop their 5-5-2. But if you add Crusher enchant as a set bonus instead that would free up the enchant and the trait on the weapon. That would be something atleast.

Alternative another armor reducer like Alkosh in a 2 piece set, or Ultimate generation.
    Champion of the Hist (Heavy)
    2: Weapon Damage
    3: Max Stamina
    4: Max Stamina
    5: Gain Minor Heroism at all times while you are in combat, generating 1 Ultimate every 1.5 seconds.

There's 3 problems with the set.

1# Tanks can easily have Minor Heroism running.
    2# Tanks still have to apply Minor Maim, and the other morph of Low Slash is not useful for tanking.
    3# There's another set that does the same (Shalk Exoskeleton Set)

Some other way of generating Utlimate would be better. Something that could get people to change out Werewolf hide or Akaviri Dragonguard.

If you assume that a good ultimate tank can generate a warhorn every 60 second. then werewolf hide generates 40-60 Ultimate, Dragonguard saves 37 Ultimate, and Minor Heroism generates 40 Ultimate.

So a new Ultimate set should probably generate about 50+Ultimate/min to be considered.
    Edited by doggie on September 25, 2018 3:21PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can the anguish 5 piece be cleansed?
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gallant Charge

Perfect Gallant Charge

Does this work for Shield Wall (the sword and board ultimate)? Has anyone tried it? lol

Would be pretty cool if you could just spam shield charge and drop a free ulti every time.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• doggie
    doggie
    ✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    Gallant Charge

Perfect Gallant Charge

Does this work for Shield Wall (the sword and board ultimate)? Has anyone tried it? lol

Would be pretty cool if you could just spam shield charge and drop a free ulti every time.

It dosne't work with Ultima skills.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRj7NnoNeEo
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Discovered a bug with the Blackrose Bow.

If you fire Drain Shot then immediately weapon swap, the bleed doesn't proc.
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Blackrose Weapons
    Most forum discussions about the Blackrose Weapons showcase the weapons in PvP environments. The Combat Design team develops item sets based on the environment the sets are acquired in, such that PvP sets are typically acquired in PvP zones, PvE sets are typically acquired in PvE zones, and crafted sets and Monster Masks acting as a mix. That being said, we understand Blackrose is incredibly challenging, and the rewards should feel more awesome, particularly Radial Uppercut, Razor Shot, Wild Impulse, and Spectral Cloak. We are evaluating player feedback and examining these sets more closely.

Awesome communication, thanks for that. I can follow your logic but that would imply that there are ability altering item sets comparable to blackrose et al to acquire via PvP - that is not the case. Which in consequence leads to PvP players being left out entirely when discussing high impact weapon set additions according to your logic.

The PvP community would highly appreciate if you would introduce some special (ability altering) sets akin to vma/master/asylum/blackrose to be acquired via PvP where our feedback is actually welcome.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭
    wz33s6hav1lk.png
    TESTED: Orc, Stamina, DK, Tanky-Poison-Knight, PvE, Craglorn multi-boss group farming areas, solo player

Thorvulkan= love it. fantastic visual effects. a new favorite!

Hand of Mephala= tooltip does not say the AoE radius. ? it looks really small when the little lady bug spiders are running in a circle. why is this not a popular tank set? maybe make AoE radius bigger?

Leeching Plate= a very solid performer with subtle visual effect. great set. love it.

Pillar of Nirn= this is the set i have been looking for to complete my stamina-DK-Tanky-Farmer/maybe even dungeon tank. great visual effect. love the sounds. AoE radius is 2.5 meters? really? could we get 4 meters? please?

Twin Sister= missing from tester kit. i've tried it before and never could tell if or when the bleed proc went off. i prefer to see a cool visual effect.

Defiler= the proc monster looks awesome, but the set is not effective. he runs to farthest enemy and spits only one time and then dies. tooltip says damages all enemies in front of him, but he never hit more than one enemy. please make this set better. i would love to use this set. i smile every time i see that little monster...

Plague Slinger= the skeever corpse looks like a dead german sheperd... (someone in your office needs therapy) the proc is solid and consistent. wish it would also splash damage other enemies. single target is not useful enough. this plus defile set would be cool if they both did AoE splash damage. even a small AoE would be something.

Syvarra Scales= wow, impressed. it procs a little cloud puff of poison and complements the leeching plate really nice (visually). great AoE damage too. i like this for my DK-Poison-Knight.

So far, the best combo seems to be: Thorvulkan + Leeching Plate (body) + Syvarra's Scales (weapons & jewelry)

I define "best" = cool visual effects and feel powerful, can do the content, can swap just one set in order to do some other type content (without also changing CP points), minimum use of potions or ultimates.

Note: Pilar of Nirn was a close second based on the cool visual and sound effect, but Syvarra's has a larger AoE radius and is poison themed.

Note: i went to outfit station and dressed in all new Dead Water motif and colored green. Looks like a "slee-stack" lizard creature from the TV show Land of the Lost. very poison theme. :smile:

Hope this helps!!!

f7sccrxsy8ag.png

Edited by TankHealz2015 on September 28, 2018 7:49PM
  • The_Last_Titan
    The_Last_Titan
    ✭✭✭
    i need a refresher, when the reward of the worthy sets change where will some of the gold jewelry come from for the current ROTW sets
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i need a refresher, when the reward of the worthy sets change where will some of the gold jewelry come from for the current ROTW sets

It will still be available for the low, low price of only 4 chromium platings each.

I don't feel like digging through the patch notes at the moment, but they stated current RoTW items would be "available through other means" or something to that effect. I would assume it will not include gold items, but you will be able to improve it if you so choose.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• eol
    eol
    ✭✭✭
    Solider of Anguish is still far too strong, and far too easy to apply the effect, in the sense that you give up very little to use it, and there is no effective counterplay for healers other than to sit there and take it. It will become a no-brainer set for many/most stam dps, heavy or medium. Think about it, the proc can happen automatically with no action from the attacker other than his normal attacks. Whereas a heal-based defender must heal through it, which is almost impossible since it can be re-applied so easily. Stam dps can almost burst down some healing builds now, and now it will be death for a lot of healers. Maybe not healing builds that are tanky or pure healing, but it will be burst death to off-healing builds or builds that depend on some healing to survive stam dps burst. Because even if you survive the first application of the effect, it will likely be re-applied soon and the defender will run out of resources.

This is clearly a game-breaking set for some classes, and I am surprised that ESO cant see this. This is ESPECIALLY true in the non-cp campaigns where players die much quicker and you cant use CP to compensate for things like this. It would be different if the effect required activation, or had a (much) lower application chance, or a (much) longer cooldown.
    Edited by eol on September 28, 2018 3:00PM
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭
    TESTED: Twin Sisters

Found Twin Sister armor set hiding in the coffer with light armor sets.

The Twin Sisters proc has no visual effect (except for the mobs dying very fast)

Stamina-DK: solo, PvE, Craglorn, multi-boss, group areas -

Selestrex + Pillar of Nirn + Twin Sister = amazing AoE damage.

But since Twin Sisters has no visual effect when it procs, you never know when to hold block and proc it again...

ulwdq8fy9wc8.png

Edited by TankHealz2015 on September 29, 2018 12:20AM
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The Twin Sisters proc has no visual effect (except for the mobs dying very fast)

But since Twin Sisters has no visual effect when it procs, you never know when to hold block and proc it again...

ulwdq8fy9wc8.png

Am I the only one that thinks Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles when I see this armor?
    Playing since beta...
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kojou wrote: »

ulwdq8fy9wc8.png

Am I the only one that thinks Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles when I see this armor?

When I saw this, Land of the Lost was on

maxresdefault.jpg
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Spell Strategist does not need nerf, it works on single target and even does not buff healing.

Many were complaining about Balorgh set but is it OP in live server? Definitely not.

It gives 858 effective spell damage against single targets, which is the most important target type (bosses are single targets). However, it's far from useless in AOE trash fights (358 effective SD).

It adds a ton of DPS to single target fights. No other set even comes close.

BSW = 544 effective SD (at 60% uptime)
    Julianos = 399
    Necropotence = 590

Now, obviously this is just spell damage (some of these sets give crit%), but they all fall well behind SS in terms of DPS.

No other set will be viable unless it's nerfed. Siroria give similar/more DPS, but Siroria has a huge limitation: it forces you to stand still.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 30, 2018 10:19AM
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It gives 858 effective spell damage against single targets, which is the most important target type (bosses are single targets). However, it's far from useless in AOE trash fights (358 effective SD).

It adds a ton of DPS to single target fights. No other set even comes close.

BSW = 544 effective SD (at 60% uptime)
    Julianos = 399
    Necropotence = 590

Now, obviously this is just spell damage (some of these sets give crit%), but they all fall well behind SS in terms of DPS.

No other set will be viable unless it's nerfed. Siroria give similar/more DPS, but Siroria has a huge limitation: it forces you to stand still.

Does the spell strategist buff carry over to the back bar? Have you had a chance to test it on PTS?
    EU | PC | AD
  • Footfalls
    Footfalls
    ✭✭✭
    Please make BRP sets good!

With the recent change of the bow from bleed to poison damage (meaning less PvP damage because poison damage is reduced by armour), I don't think there's any BRP weapon worth using in their current state.

All the other arenas have really powerful weapons that are still used often (DSA = bow, dw, destro and VMA = bow, destro). However, I don't see any BRP weapons coming even close to them. ZOS should buff them to make them at least somewhat exciting. In their current state the BRP weapons have about the same power level as the Summerset PTS Cloudrest sets (aka really useless).
    Edited by Footfalls on October 1, 2018 7:11PM
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding Black Rose Greatsword - Radial Uppercut:

Right now it just feels... weak. The visual effect makes it seem like it should hit more targets, but it only hits one. The damage isn't much at all, considering the range, and that it only effects one target.

The Master's Greatsword? That BEAST of an effect? Niche, but it has a use. Fantastic at cleaning up mob-groups, or when you know you'll be facing a plethora of enemies, makes cleave deal more damage even against one target, and allows it to become an AoE reaper. And Cleave is always slotted on a PvE 2H Stam build anyway, so no losses there.

Asylum GS becomes a Beast ST Ulti-Gen machine once the target hits ~35% HP (When Executioner becomes spammable damage).

BSG... Doesn't increase ST damage in any form, and the AoE potential lacks a lot, it actually even contradicts the Visual Effect of it.

My suggestion:

Have it duplicate all on-hit effects to the nearby enemy as well. Literally have it copy/paste the outgoing damage to the initial target, and apply it as though the enemy was the target. This will mean it will copy effects like: Enchantments, Stuns (Dizzying Swing), Set effects (Viper), stacks (Advancing Yokeda), etc. This will likely break A LOT of things, but would certainly be an interesting effect. It wouldn't be AoE focused, it wouldn't be ST focused, it would be utility/CC focused, and a hell of a lot more interesting to theory-craft with.

If not that, at least have it apply the morph effects to enemies. (Gives the player multiple stacks of empower, stuns+knock-backs the other guy(s))