The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Retake the Capital During the Imperial City Celebration Event!"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
9beb72e556ea8f500d671a110118deaf.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the "Retake the Capital During the Imperial City Celebration Event!" blog article.

Liberate the Daedric-ridden streets of the Imperial City and earn bonus rewards, including double Tel Var Stones, double unique drops, and more. Learn about the Imperial City Celebration Event right here!
Jessica Folsom
Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice, might have to dive into the city and cause some chaos!
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Putting the scamp and skin in runeboxes is a great move.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • JesQu
    JesQu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay, finally!
    Options
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pssst Jess, there is a typo in the article. The article says: Imperial City Sewers (as one of the DLC dungeons) instead of Imperial City Prison :)
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Putting the scamp and skin in runeboxes is a great move.
    Agreed, I really like moves from ZOS to make rewards boxes which can be traded/sold rather than unlocks.

It gives the people who can or are lucky enough to earn them great ways of making money from repeating the content and those who can't earn them that way get a chance to still own them.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If only motifs would have a double chance of dropping :neutral:. I wonder if @ZOS_BrianWheeler is hyped about this enough to bring back his whiteboard (we want another meme Brian :smiley: )
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epic.

Best event of the year :)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might finally be able to keep up with my potion addiction :lol:
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to see that the collector's bundle is 60% off this time around. For the last two IC anniversaries, it was only 40% off...
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW, are we ever going to get dungeon DLC anniversaries? Hist, Horns, Dragon Bones, etc. With doubled motif drops? Please? :innocent:
    Options
  • Prodigy_UA
    Prodigy_UA
    ✭✭
    Double the amount of drops from bosses (including within the Imperial City itself and its dungeons)
    how about Molag Kena outfit?

Options
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Nice to see that the collector's bundle is 60% off this time around. For the last two IC anniversaries, it was only 40% off...

Probably because the collector's bundle contains the Soul-shriven skins, instead of the Mind-shriven skin ?
    Edited by Apherius on August 30, 2018 2:04PM
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Double the amount of drops from bosses" - Does this include Kena's style page?
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »

Probably because the collector's bundle contains the Soul-shriven skins, instead of the Mind-shriven skin ?

No? Article says CE contains Mind-Shriven skin/horse. And it's always been Mind-Shriven in the CE. Soul-Shriven has always been an exclusive in-game drop and has never been in the CS.
    Options
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prodigy_UA wrote: »
    Double the amount of drops from bosses (including within the Imperial City itself and its dungeons)
    how about Molag Kena outfit?
    "Double the amount of drops from bosses" - Does this include Kena's style page?

I'm wondering this too...

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
    Options
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No? Article says CE contains Mind-Shriven skin/horse. And it's always been Mind-Shriven in the CE. Soul-Shriven has always been an exclusive in-game drop and has never been in the CS.

Wrong french traduction again ... Both mind-shriven and soul-shriven skins are called " Peau d'absous " lel.

but strange, cause the picture show the soul-shriven skin.

hisv.jpg
    Edited by Apherius on August 30, 2018 2:06PM
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wrong french traduction again ... Both mind-shriven and soul-shriven skins are called " Peau d'absous " lel.

hisv.jpg

No, that's the Mind-Shriven skin in the picture. See the faint blue lines?

Edit: Okay, I guess you could say that the lines are sparks from the horse. Eh, they've always used this picture in the past.
    Edited by code65536 on August 30, 2018 2:12PM
    Options
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PVP combat balance is broken and you release a mega PVP event without addressing huge bugs and unbalance.
    It doesn't sound very reasonable.
    I'm happy for those who will participate and I don't claim that you shouldn't, it just there are so many unsolved issues.
    The following is still not fixed and will impact Imperial City gameplay if left unaddressed:
    1) CC/roots immunities bugs - double/triple/other CC/roots is being applied to the player while the immunities are not stopping it from being applied/no CC/roots immunity is being granted. In order to break free, there is a need to do it several times.
    2) Broken/OP item sets, some builds are OP while others are very bad.
    3) Sprint bug - Random sprint is being applied to the player character, all abilities are grayed out and only clicking shift stops it.
    4) Server and Client performance while in Cyrodiil, for example: frequent extremely high latency, crashes, very low fps.
    5) Resources drain - Sometimes a character may suffer magicka/stamina resource drain without any reason.
    6) More issues, the above are some of the major ones.

All those issues are on topic of this discussion and can make PVP really unenjoyable.
    This post follows forum rules and is merely just a friendly reminder that there are so many issues with PVP right now that should be addressed.
    I do hope that ZOS will be able to fix all/some of this by next week.
    Edited by Universe on August 30, 2018 2:15PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
    Options
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Universe wrote: »
    PVP combat balance is broken and you release a mega PVP event without addressing huge bugs and unbalance.
    It doesn't sound very reasonable.
    I'm happy for those who will participate and I don't claim that you shouldn't, it just there are so many unsolved issues.
    The following is still not fixed and will impact Imperial City gameplay if left unaddressed:
    1) CC/roots immunities bugs - double/triple/other CC/roots is being applied to the player while the immunities are not stopping it from being applied/no CC/roots immunity is being granted. In order to break free, there is a need to do it several times.
    2) Broken/OP item sets, some builds are OP while others are very bad.
    3) Sprint bug - Random sprint is being applied to the player character, all abilities are grayed out and only clicking shift stops it.
    4) Server and Client performance while in Cyrodiil, for example: frequent extremely high latency, crashes, very low fps.
    5) Resources drain - Sometimes a character may suffer magicka/stamina resource drain without any reason.
    6) More issues, the above are some of the major ones.

All those issues are on topic of this discussion and can make PVP really unenjoyable.
    This post follows forum rules and is merely just a friendly reminder that there are so many issues with PVP right now that should be addressed.
    I do hope that ZOS will be able to fix all/some of this by next week.

Get ready for what will likely be another disaster, can't wait!
    Options
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seems cool, will definately buy the collector's edition!

I've never played IC before, but have watched the promo video on this site for it. But wasn't the thing with tel var stones that players drop those on death?

Anyways, I am going to try IC.
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »

I've never played IC before, but have watched the promo video on this site for it. But wasn't the thing with tel var stones that players drop those on death?

Yes--currently, players lose half their carried stones when they die.

If they're killed by a player (or players), the stones they lose are redistributed to their killers.
    Options
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If they're killed by a player (or players), the stones they lose are redistributed to their killers.

Thanks for the answer.

Losing stones sounds bad, especially if you're bad at pvp like me hehe
    Options
  • Das_Co
    Das_Co
    After the dropchance got doubled in update v4.1.5, its doubled again. So that means we have a dropchance of 400% compared to last year, right?
    Would be nice if they didnt doubled the earlier value, which would mean 300%.
    Options
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    will there be more campaigns for this event?

And how about giving also pvp events 2xexp instead of only pve events?
    Edited by Zer0oo on August 30, 2018 4:02PM
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the answer.

Losing stones sounds bad, especially if you're bad at pvp like me hehe

It's really not that bad! If you want to collect stones, just bank them whenever you die. The rate will be double, so even if you get taken out frequently, you are still making stones at the same rate you would if you were farming NOT during the event and never dying (if you ignore the stone-carrying multipliers).
    Options
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woot
    Beta tester November 2013
    Options
  • LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ce will be mine as well as the soul shriven skin I hope :#
    Options
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great... This again. RIP to all those who enjoy the city for other reasons. Looks like I'm gonna be stuck prowling in the sewers again
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
    Options
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭

hisv.jpg

No, that's the Mind-Shriven skin in the picture. See the faint blue lines?

Edit: Okay, I guess you could say that the lines are sparks from the horse. Eh, they've always used this picture in the past.

Yes, they always used this picture for the bundle, and it’s a soul-shriven skin on the picture there. The mind-shriven that comes in the bundle has glowy blue eyes.

09507n5q39k4.jpeg
    qdebwtf94myx.jpeg

Options
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/25773
    "We're kicking off the festivities on Monday, August 29 at 10:00am EDT on all platforms with the following:"

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Monday, August 29th?
    Wednesday, August 29th, 2018 was yesterday. So could we get the corrected date(s), please?
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
    Options