The Elsweyr Chapter and Update 22 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! You can read the full patch notes here https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®4: EU megaserver for maintenance – April 22, 14:30 UTC (10:30AM EDT) - 16:30 UTC (12:30PM EDT)
• PC/Mac: NA and EU for maintenance – April 24, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – April 24, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – April 24, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Retake the Capital During the Imperial City Celebration Event!"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
9beb72e556ea8f500d671a110118deaf.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the "Retake the Capital During the Imperial City Celebration Event!" blog article.

Liberate the Daedric-ridden streets of the Imperial City and earn bonus rewards, including double Tel Var Stones, double unique drops, and more. Learn about the Imperial City Celebration Event right here!
Jessica Folsom
Senior Community Manager (English) - The Elder Scrolls Online
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    Community Ambassador
    Nice, might have to dive into the city and cause some chaos!
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    :: Unofficial Forums FAQ :: MissBizz ESO Guides :: AlcastHQ Guides :: Tamriel Foundry Forums :: UESP ESO Page :: ESO Sets :: Woeler Tank Guides :: ESO Community Discord ::
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • JesQu
    JesQu
    ✭✭✭
    Yay, finally!
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pssst Jess, there is a typo in the article. The article says: Imperial City Sewers (as one of the DLC dungeons) instead of Imperial City Prison :)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    Community Ambassador
    Putting the scamp and skin in runeboxes is a great move.
    Agreed, I really like moves from ZOS to make rewards boxes which can be traded/sold rather than unlocks.

It gives the people who can or are lucky enough to earn them great ways of making money from repeating the content and those who can't earn them that way get a chance to still own them.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    :: Unofficial Forums FAQ :: MissBizz ESO Guides :: AlcastHQ Guides :: Tamriel Foundry Forums :: UESP ESO Page :: ESO Sets :: Woeler Tank Guides :: ESO Community Discord ::
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If only motifs would have a double chance of dropping :neutral:. I wonder if @ZOS_BrianWheeler is hyped about this enough to bring back his whiteboard (we want another meme Brian :smiley: )
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Resident of Wayrest, and Lord of Tel Galen.

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Epic.

Best event of the year :)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus - VR16 (810CP) Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-02-18 - 16-02-18
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus - Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus - Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting for : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Lunar Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | TradersOfNirn2
    Trials : Saviours

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus - L40 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets - CP160+ Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might finally be able to keep up with my potion addiction :lol:
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - zR Sparrow | CP 810+
    DD: MagNB | StamNB | MagPlar
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: Crags+HM | vMoL + HM | vAS + HM | vHoF | vCR +1/2
    PC (EU) - Fei-Yu | CP 170
    DD: MagPlar | StamNB
    Tank: DK
    Completions: N/A
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to see that the collector's bundle is 60% off this time around. For the last two IC anniversaries, it was only 40% off...
    PC/NA ― Officer of Nightfighters ― Officer and former GM of The Merchant's Reserve
    @code65536
    DC – Breton Nightblade – DD – Snow Oryx   ☙
    DC – Dunmer Dragonknight – DD/Tank – Cinder Oryx   ☙
    EP – Altmer Sorcerer – DD – Elim Crake
    DC – Breton Templar – Healer – Zebulon the Spirit Bear
    AD – Bosmer Nightblade – DD – Higgs Bosmer
    DC – Argonian Dragonknight – Tank – Erects-the-Horns-of-War
    DC – Redguard Sorceress – DD – Rallina Oryx
    DC – Altmer Nightblade – DD – Joyèd

@code4096
    DC – Dunmer Nightblade – DD – Raven Oryx   ☙
    DC – Argonian Dragonknight – Tank – Takes-All-Blame
    DC – Altmer Sorceress – DD – Codegasm

The Flawless Conqueror  •  Dro-m'Athra Destroyer  •  Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor  •  Voice of Reason  •  Bringer of Light  •  Blackrose Executioner

Add-Ons: Itemization BrowserLoot LogDeconstruction Junk MarkerRaidificatorPurge TrackervHoF Status PanelAsylum Status PanelDungeon TimerCombat AlertsSmart Looter
  • Prodigy_UA
    Prodigy_UA
    Soul Shriven
    Double the amount of drops from bosses (including within the Imperial City itself and its dungeons)
    how about Molag Kena outfit?

• Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Nice to see that the collector's bundle is 60% off this time around. For the last two IC anniversaries, it was only 40% off...

Probably because the collector's bundle contains the Soul-shriven skins, instead of the Mind-shriven skin ?
    Edited by Apherius on August 30, 2018 2:04PM
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Double the amount of drops from bosses" - Does this include Kena's style page?
    PC/NA ― Officer of Nightfighters ― Officer and former GM of The Merchant's Reserve
    @code65536

@code4096

The Flawless Conqueror  •  Dro-m'Athra Destroyer  •  Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor  •  Voice of Reason  •  Bringer of Light  •  Blackrose Executioner

Add-Ons: Itemization BrowserLoot LogDeconstruction Junk MarkerRaidificatorPurge TrackervHoF Status PanelAsylum Status PanelDungeon TimerCombat AlertsSmart Looter
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »

Probably because the collector's bundle contains the Soul-shriven skins, instead of the Mind-shriven skin ?

No? Article says CE contains Mind-Shriven skin/horse. And it's always been Mind-Shriven in the CE. Soul-Shriven has always been an exclusive in-game drop and has never been in the CS.
    @code65536

@code4096

• Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prodigy_UA wrote: »
    Double the amount of drops from bosses (including within the Imperial City itself and its dungeons)
    how about Molag Kena outfit?
    "Double the amount of drops from bosses" - Does this include Kena's style page?

I'm wondering this too...

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - zR Sparrow | CP 810+
    DD: MagNB | StamNB | MagPlar
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: Crags+HM | vMoL + HM | vAS + HM | vHoF | vCR +1/2
    PC (EU) - Fei-Yu | CP 170
    DD: MagPlar | StamNB
    Tank: DK
    Completions: N/A
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No? Article says CE contains Mind-Shriven skin/horse. And it's always been Mind-Shriven in the CE. Soul-Shriven has always been an exclusive in-game drop and has never been in the CS.

Wrong french traduction again ... Both mind-shriven and soul-shriven skins are called " Peau d'absous " lel.

but strange, cause the picture show the soul-shriven skin.

hisv.jpg
    Edited by Apherius on August 30, 2018 2:06PM
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wrong french traduction again ... Both mind-shriven and soul-shriven skins are called " Peau d'absous " lel.

hisv.jpg

No, that's the Mind-Shriven skin in the picture. See the faint blue lines?

Edit: Okay, I guess you could say that the lines are sparks from the horse. Eh, they've always used this picture in the past.
    Edited by code65536 on August 30, 2018 2:12PM
    @code65536

@code4096

• Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP combat balance is broken and you release a mega PVP event without addressing huge bugs and unbalance.
    It doesn't sound very reasonable.
    I'm happy for those who will participate and I don't claim that you shouldn't, it just there are so many unsolved issues.
    The following is still not fixed and will impact Imperial City gameplay if left unaddressed:
    1) CC/roots immunities bugs - double/triple/other CC/roots is being applied to the player while the immunities are not stopping it from being applied/no CC/roots immunity is being granted. In order to break free, there is a need to do it several times.
    2) Broken/OP item sets, some builds are OP while others are very bad.
    3) Sprint bug - Random sprint is being applied to the player character, all abilities are grayed out and only clicking shift stops it.
    4) Server and Client performance while in Cyrodiil, for example: frequent extremely high latency, crashes, very low fps.
    5) Resources drain - Sometimes a character may suffer magicka/stamina resource drain without any reason.
    6) More issues, the above are some of the major ones.

All those issues are on topic of this discussion and can make PVP really unenjoyable.
    This post follows forum rules and is merely just a friendly reminder that there are so many issues with PVP right now that should be addressed.
    I do hope that ZOS will be able to fix all/some of this by next week.
    Edited by Universe on August 30, 2018 2:15PM
    I Soloed Saint Llothis the Pious(Trial Boss)
    My Youtube channel
    Main character:
    Universe - AD magicka sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, The Trial Bosses Solo Slayer
    Top alts: Genius(Stamina/Magicka Dragonknight) The Force(Stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    ESO player since beta & early access
    PC EU server
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Universe wrote: »
    PVP combat balance is broken and you release a mega PVP event without addressing huge bugs and unbalance.
    It doesn't sound very reasonable.
    I'm happy for those who will participate and I don't claim that you shouldn't, it just there are so many unsolved issues.
    The following is still not fixed and will impact Imperial City gameplay if left unaddressed:
    1) CC/roots immunities bugs - double/triple/other CC/roots is being applied to the player while the immunities are not stopping it from being applied/no CC/roots immunity is being granted. In order to break free, there is a need to do it several times.
    2) Broken/OP item sets, some builds are OP while others are very bad.
    3) Sprint bug - Random sprint is being applied to the player character, all abilities are grayed out and only clicking shift stops it.
    4) Server and Client performance while in Cyrodiil, for example: frequent extremely high latency, crashes, very low fps.
    5) Resources drain - Sometimes a character may suffer magicka/stamina resource drain without any reason.
    6) More issues, the above are some of the major ones.

All those issues are on topic of this discussion and can make PVP really unenjoyable.
    This post follows forum rules and is merely just a friendly reminder that there are so many issues with PVP right now that should be addressed.
    I do hope that ZOS will be able to fix all/some of this by next week.

Get ready for what will likely be another disaster, can't wait!
    PS4 NA
    DC PvP ~ CP1000+
    ZOS Greatest Hits Collection: "Thanks for the info, everyone. We're investigating." ~ "Can confirm, math is hard. We'll get the article updated. Thanks all!" ~ "Thanks for letting us know, we're actively looking into this." ~ "This was caused from an unrelated bug fix in the previous patch." ~ "We don't have a date set for it yet, but it'll be at least a few weeks." ~ 1.38 Fixed an issue where four particular chairs in the Shimmerene Waterworks could not be sat on. ~ "A majority of the bugs and issues faced are not ones everyone encounters or are drastically halting gameplay" - quote from Rob Garrett 2019 ~
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭
    Seems cool, will definately buy the collector's edition!

I've never played IC before, but have watched the promo video on this site for it. But wasn't the thing with tel var stones that players drop those on death?

Anyways, I am going to try IC.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »

I've never played IC before, but have watched the promo video on this site for it. But wasn't the thing with tel var stones that players drop those on death?

Yes--currently, players lose half their carried stones when they die.

If they're killed by a player (or players), the stones they lose are redistributed to their killers.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭

If they're killed by a player (or players), the stones they lose are redistributed to their killers.

Thanks for the answer.

Losing stones sounds bad, especially if you're bad at pvp like me hehe
  • Das_Co
    Das_Co
    After the dropchance got doubled in update v4.1.5, its doubled again. So that means we have a dropchance of 400% compared to last year, right?
    Would be nice if they didnt doubled the earlier value, which would mean 300%.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    will there be more campaigns for this event?

And how about giving also pvp events 2xexp instead of only pve events?
    Edited by Zer0oo on August 30, 2018 4:02PM
    EU player that is salty about BAD performance and not working BGs
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the answer.

Losing stones sounds bad, especially if you're bad at pvp like me hehe

It's really not that bad! If you want to collect stones, just bank them whenever you die. The rate will be double, so even if you get taken out frequently, you are still making stones at the same rate you would if you were farming NOT during the event and never dying (if you ignore the stone-carrying multipliers).
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Woot
    Beta tester November 2013
  • LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭
    Ce will be mine as well as the soul shriven skin I hope :#
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great... This again. RIP to all those who enjoy the city for other reasons. Looks like I'm gonna be stuck prowling in the sewers again
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Alliance Warlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA
    ESOFam Community Discord: https://discord.gg/gMntMb8
    I record things for fun and for info
    https://youtube.com/channel/UC0WuLVnsW177WKkKcvNuuYA
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭

hisv.jpg

No, that's the Mind-Shriven skin in the picture. See the faint blue lines?

Edit: Okay, I guess you could say that the lines are sparks from the horse. Eh, they've always used this picture in the past.

Yes, they always used this picture for the bundle, and it’s a soul-shriven skin on the picture there. The mind-shriven that comes in the bundle has glowy blue eyes.

09507n5q39k4.jpeg
    qdebwtf94myx.jpeg

• Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/25773
    "We're kicking off the festivities on Monday, August 29 at 10:00am EDT on all platforms with the following:"

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Monday, August 29th?
    Wednesday, August 29th, 2018 was yesterday. So could we get the corrected date(s), please?
    GM of Absolute Virtue.
    co-GM of Absolute Vice.
    5-time Former Emperor, out of 9 characters. CP: 1,000+
    2 Templars, 2 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden.
    Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emp) | The Undying Nightshade | The Moonlit-Knight | The Killionaire (Former Emp) | Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emp)
    Aldmeri Dominion: The Ironwood Kid | The Dawn-Bringer (Former Emp)
    Daggerfall Covenant: The Savage-Beast | The Storm-Shield (Former Emp)
    ESO subscriber since launch. ESO Platform/Server: PC/NA.