The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

DK Fossilize, the next cc that needs to Die

Artemiisia
Artemiisia
✭✭✭✭✭
Well since you guys killed the rune cage, then its time to kill fossilize also

this skill requires two skills to counter, no other skill do that

time to nerf this also
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Called it! xD lol, another CC you cant dodge, eh?
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Lamiai
    Lamiai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can everyone stop asking for nerfs please on every skill/ class/ playstyle...just stop. Also try playing DK, then come back and talk about nerfs if you must.
    Edited by Lamiai on August 20, 2018 11:51AM
    R.I.P patch 1.5 ~ Never Forget.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sure. Give us shieldstacking and give us 41m range on fossilize.
  • RobZha
    RobZha
    ✭✭✭
    I bet this thread goes well.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well when they leave sorcs alone, last 8 patches they nerfed sorc sorcs sorcs

now DKs fossilize needs to be nerfed too, to the same level as rune cage
  • Zodiac_
    Zodiac_
    ✭✭✭
    #buffmagsorcs
  • RobZha
    RobZha
    ✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »

Like was already said : try playing DK for a while before being so into this then come back and tell us what you think.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RobZha wrote: »

Like was already said : try playing DK for a while before being so into this then come back and tell us what you think.

I have a max level dk, its easy to get close to targets as dk, chains, 2handers, 1h/shield all gap closers

actually ahve 14 maxed chars, played since beta, where DKs could tank 20 people in cyrodil laughin, and go to the bathroom come back and still be alive
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rune cage = sorc skill -> OP

fossilize a.k.a rune cage on steroids = dk skill -> please buff
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lamiai wrote: »
    Can everyone stop asking for nerfs please on every skill/ class/ playstyle...just stop. Also try playing DK, then come back and talk about nerfs if you must.

DK is the stronger class for BGs atm? and it's extremly easy too play, whats your point?

Sure a DKs in your face playstyle plays alot diffrently than a sorcs ranged style. But still, easy.
    Cleared Trials:

• Itzmichi
    Itzmichi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah right! Pls remove every skill from the game, they are way to strong. I love Elder Craft Online.
    Here, have a chill pill 💊!
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    also, for DKs screaming that Fossilize is a melee skill, and has too be used in melee.

WELL! The ENTIRE DK class in designed around melee. You have chains that can bring YOU too the sorc, or the sorc too you. You have the most relient and spammable roots in the game. You are kings of stand your ground PvP fighting WITH the most broken CC in the game.

But dont worry!

[removed baiting comment]
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on August 26, 2018 2:06PM
    Cleared Trials:

• RobZha
    RobZha
    ✭✭✭
    RobZha wrote: »

I have a max level dk, its easy to get close to targets as dk, chains, 2handers, 1h/shield all gap closers

actually ahve 14 maxed chars, played since beta, where DKs could tank 20 people in cyrodil laughin, and go to the bathroom come back and still be alive

So you should know even more than I do how much the class can be a problem to play at the moment, and that nerfing one of the best skills it has will make it so much worse. Or are you saying DK are overpowered in general because of this one skill? Just seems odd that you start up a thread about nerfing DK's as soon as you're unhappy about a sorc skill being nerfed.

Whatever anyway, game's back up now, so will leave you to it. Can't see this thread going anywhere other than arguments though.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kikkehs wrote: »
    also, for DKs screaming that Fossilize is a melee skill, and has too be used in melee.

WELL! The ENTIRE DK class in designed around melee. You have chains that can bring YOU too the sorc, or the sorc too you. You have the most relient and spammable roots in the game. You are kings of stand your ground PvP fighting WITH the most broken CC in the game.

But dont worry!

DKs are the worst players in this game, so they wont know what they even have before it's gone.

You entitled lil sorc.
    You have ranged execute that deal aoe damage
    You still have ultra ranged stun that u and ur kind spam in Xv1 situations
    You have shields like no other class
    You have passive execute called implosion.
    Please stop crying when devs buff u
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fossilize being unblockable and undodgeable is fine. What's not fine is the immobilization attached to it, especially vs. magicka chars. But well, it's not a Sorc skill, so people will say it's absolutely ok.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I making this thread, since it a true comparing with the two skills

Rune cage 2sec stun, easy you break free and take no damage from it
    Fossilize, you break free so you can use skills, but you still rooted, and have to use another counter to get away

that means, in rune cage you need only to use 1 counter, that requires stamina
    in Fossilze, you need to use either 2 counters that requires stamnia, break free + roll dodge, or 2 counters that requires stamnia and magicka,

that means as a DK, I have way more time to destroy you, while you using lots of resourses, and might even be empty after fossilize so I can just end you
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »

But dont worry!

DKs are the worst players in this game, so they wont know what they even have before it's gone.

You entitled lil sorc.

yet there is no other class then DK, that can hold of 20 players in pvp
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I making this thread, since it a true comparing with the two skills

Rune cage 2sec stun, easy you break free and take no damage from it
    Fossilize, you break free so you can use skills, but you still rooted, and have to use another counter to get away

that means, in rune cage you need only to use 1 counter, that requires stamina
    in Fossilze, you need to use either 2 counters that requires stamnia, break free + roll dodge, or 2 counters that requires stamnia and magicka,

that means as a DK, I have way more time to destroy you, while you using lots of resourses, and might even be empty after fossilize so I can just end you

DK has to use magicka or stamina to get close enough to use fossilize.
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omg guys stop with the nerfs, we need classes to feel good again, right now they're all watered down versions and shells of what they used to be.

We need someone there to seriously work on this stuff and I'm not talking about class rep program that doesn't do anything, ESO's having a major class identity crisis obviously.

Hire more people to work on balance, combat, pvp and performance please.
  • Thrain
    Thrain
    ✭✭✭✭

But dont worry!

You entitled lil sorc.

if you really believe that then you play pvp with closed eyes^^
  • Lamiai
    Lamiai
    ✭✭✭✭
    In fairness I understand the tears here today, nerfs are not good for any class and what we really need is an overhaul to make things balanced better for all classes mana and stam, what that would entail I have no idea and wont pretend to know but everyone constantly crying, belittling and screaming at each other doesn't fix anything and usually causes skills getting nerfed instead of properly balanced by the big ZoS.

DKs and Sorcs have been hit a lot over the years, DK's have been slaughtered by nerfs and Sorcs do seem to be getting hit more than often now. Stop the calls for nerfs and instead of arguing which only tries to prove your side to be right, try talking and discussing and figure out what is best for everyone instead.

Now time to go fossilize some Sorcs in Cyro, g'luck!
    R.I.P patch 1.5 ~ Never Forget.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

But dont worry!

You entitled lil sorc.

20 completely new and inexperienced players. Btw try tanking 5ppl, not 20. I dare you. I doubledare you.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we please stop gutting classes?
  • Sylosi
    Sylosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO's having a major class identity crisis obviously.

Not sure why people expect much class identity in a game like this, most of the design in this game is bad for class identity - most of the skills in this game are available to every class, stamina barely has any morphs on any class, every class can wear any armour, use any weapon, every class can play any race, is able to perform any role (granted to varying extents), the playerbase is "mixed" abiilty in a non-competitive game so that means the devs also try and keep the skill floor low across the board to accommodate their playerbase and so on.

Really what else do people expect other than homogenised dull classes in a game like this.

Edited by Sylosi on August 20, 2018 12:24PM
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suggestion: give Fossilize to Warden instead? :3

Can I haz a cup of CC, pwease?
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

Rune Prison was OP on Sorcerers because they already have a lot of delayed burst on their class: Mage's Fury and Curse, both can be procced at the same time for huge burst, and you can still use another damage skill on top of it. They could go even further and add Meteor to the combo. Rune Prison made all that damage impossible to deal with, the only counterplay being LoS. When a Sorc uses Clench as CC, I can roll dodge/block it so I don't get bursted. The fact that Rune Prison is dodgeable now means that I can try to predict when they are going to cast it and dodge it. What I don't agree however is that it can be dodged my Minor/Major Evasion, which is just a frustating buff and shouldn't even be in the game to begin with due to the RNG nature.

DK's, however do not possess the same delayed burst Sorcerers have, it's a entirely different matter. They can't hit 3 skills at the same and use Fossilize so you can't do anything about it, at the best they will stun when a Valkyn Skoria procs but that's not limited to DK. The skill is strong because it's a Stun + Immobilize, which burns a good chunk of your stamina. I used to think it was OP too - but after dueling a lot of DKs to practice playing against them, I realized it was mostly a L2P issue. The only thing stupid about DK is Wings, imho. The skill is just unfun to play agains't when you are a MagNB(example), it just delays the fight and there's not much you can do about it, the DK's friends will eventually arrive and you will be dead. It's not that it's OP, more so that it 's frustating to play agains't, which is a gameplay design issue not necessarily a balance issue.
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylosi wrote: »
    ESO's having a major class identity crisis obviously.

Not sure why people expect much class identity in a game like this, most of the design in this game is bad for class identity - most of the skills in this game are available to every class, stamina barely has any morphs on any class, every class can wear any armour, use any weapon, every class can play any race, is able to perform any role (granted to varying extents), the playerbase is "mixed" abiilty in a non-competitive game so that means the devs also try and keep the skill floor low across the board to accommodate their playerbase and so on.

Really what else do people expect other than homogenised dull classes in a game like this.

I don't like classes, I would have loved if ESO went in another way from the start and just didn't have them altogether but as most MMOs, it didn't happen. So if we're gonna have them, then at least they should all feel good in what they do. Right now only NBs feel good enough as a class where you can build up powerful characters either mag or stam. Rest are all boring and dull and they are becoming more boring and dull as time goes on.
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got killed by trappings webs the other day plz nerf
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »

You know rune was literally petdify on roids yes? Like they had the same icon in recap, rune just got double damage and like 500% of foss range.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Zer0oo wrote: »

You know rune was literally petdify on roids yes? Like they had the same icon in recap, rune just got double damage and like 500% of foss range.

It never had the immobilize though, and that's the important part that sets it apart.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
This discussion has been closed.