Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Constant disconnects.

• mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    nope none of this works disconnected twice already in the space of 10 mins
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It started for me the day of the dragon bones patch in February.

Either random disconnects once per hour or on using a wayshrine or on killing last boss in a dungeon

No problems in the previous 3 years
    Edited by rumple9 on August 10, 2018 8:00PM
  • boorrr_fly
    boorrr_fly
    Soul Shriven
    There is definitely something wrong on your side. I am playing other online games and have no connection issues with them. As for ESO, Disconnects became even worse. I get disconnected every 10-20 mins now, so i have to stop playing now because it's simply impossible to play. Gonna be back only when they do something about it.
  • arasysb14_ESO
    arasysb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    every single time I open a chest or thieves trove I get disconnected. It can't be a coincidence. Nothing has been done about this for months, it's awful.
    Arasys Llanor, CP 800+ Magicka Sorcerer NA

Please do not use the same Fallout 76 engine for TES VI
  • rolandridgebackb16_ESO
    Open world disconnects started again for me yesterday whilst farming mage books and shards. @ZOS_BillE told me there was already ongoing threads about this, however what I do see if a lack of response from ZOS in general on this matter apart from the general things to do on the first page which doesn't seem to work for this issue as its clearly server side.

Yesterday when getting a mage book I was attacked, I could move, jump and sprint but none of my spells would cast, this went on for around 45 seconds before it dropped to the login screen with no error message.

Do you have a plan of action to address this ZOS as it is clearly a problem at your end....
  • Ra5ta
    Ra5ta
    Soul Shriven
    Open world disconnects started again for me yesterday whilst farming mage books and shards. @ZOS_BillE told me there was already ongoing threads about this, however what I do see if a lack of response from ZOS in general on this matter apart from the general things to do on the first page which doesn't seem to work for this issue as its clearly server side.

Yesterday when getting a mage book I was attacked, I could move, jump and sprint but none of my spells would cast, this went on for around 45 seconds before it dropped to the login screen with no error message.

Do you have a plan of action to address this ZOS as it is clearly a problem at your end....

The same picture bro. You speak my words. Experience this a lot while farming chests in open world.
  • rolandridgebackb16_ESO
    So I did some testing on this and this is what I found.

In pretty much every open world disconnect there was two common denominators:-
    • I was on a horse
    • I was using rapid maneuver from the Assault skill line

I mean why wouldn't I? it enables me to farm lorebooks and shards faster. For testing I stopped using the skill and just sprinted about and didn't get a disconnect in over 8 hours. Decided to use the skill again and sprint about and the disconnects happened almost immediately and continued while I used the skill. Stopped using the skill again and the disconnects completely stopped.

Please feel free to test this yourselves and see, it's clear there is an issue server side and for me it relates to this skill (not sure if the speed in which you travel is causing some messaging/calculation issue) but as of now I have around 14 hours with no disconnects not using that skill.

I also haven't changed anything on my PC, restarted my router etc since the post above.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_GaryA can we get this looked at from a ZOS perspective and see if its a bug or if its a known bug what is the timeline to get this fixed?
    Edited by rolandridgebackb16_ESO on August 13, 2018 5:48PM
  • Rexy18
    Rexy18
    ✭✭✭
    Still getting kicked to login screen with no error message every half an hour after the DLC, regardless of activity
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭

• I was on a horse

Can confirm. And It doesn't matter which mount you use. Now I always get off the mount before mining a resource or opening a treasure chest or collect the eggs for the WB queen kill quest. And no disconnects.
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • Drakzaret
    Drakzaret
    Soul Shriven
    I'm getting constant randomly disconnects too. PC - Steam, EU Megaserver.
  • thegreat_one
    thegreat_one
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah Its not fair to say that many people can join a fight, and yet for years that just has not been true.

I spend alot of Pvp time relogging and missing AP because u let to many players populate an area.

Which the Dev's have known for years that would cause mass crashes. If you can't do it Zos, please stop trying.

Limit the campaign populations to what an actual area, like Roe, Or Chalman can hold. That way no one gets disconnected.
  • GamingLass
    Rexy18 wrote: »
    Still getting kicked to login screen with no error message every half an hour after the DLC, regardless of activity

I am too. I can play for maybe 5-10 minutes and if I'm really lucky, 30min without being kicked to login screen. I filled out a ticket and Bethesda told me, sorry, but since Wolfhunter update, your pc doesn't meet min requirements. So, I ran their ESO minimum system requirements checker and got all green stating my system meets the min requirements to play ESO. I attached that screen shot and sent them that. Waiting on their reply. I have done what they asked over and over. But it still remains that up until Wolfhunter I ran ESO on HIGH graphics with little issues. They basically said, sorry, you'll have to get a new pc to play the game now. :(
    Waiting for their response after I sent them my screen shot. Also, where ARE these NEW requirements? The ones on the website weren't any different than what the system checker said.
  • GamingLass

• I was on a horse

Can confirm. And It doesn't matter which mount you use. Now I always get off the mount before mining a resource or opening a treasure chest or collect the eggs for the WB queen kill quest. And no disconnects.

I'll have to check but I think I was getting booted standing still in Kenarthis Roost. I wasn't using my horse, because, yeah, that was futile. And I wasn't running because the latency spikes were sick! So, I walked and got resource nodes but it would put me in a loop for mining the nodes and then boot me. Been kicked at jewelry station, crafting armor, standing still, riding, running, in a battle with a stupid Alit for heaven's sake. Didn't matter. So, I"ll double check. Glad to see that this worked for you though! Hope others find fixes too. :)
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before Wolfhunter dlc all was fine, now after i have too constant disconnects... Fix this.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MY PC is new and I am having this problem, constantly. I have crashed 5 times today. It has to be on ZOS' side.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ditch Steam. You don't have to unlink - just talk to CS, they'll help you log in without Steam. I haven't had DCs since I quit using Steam. And I have the world's WORST connection - satellite. Serious.

Of course.... that presupposes you have a not-Steam game, bought from ZoS....
  • GamingLass
    I fixed my problem. I was having high latency spikes and pitiful fps. Found it was due to a pending install from an HP and Intel update that may have been corrupted. It kept downloading and retrying to install. I found a link to download a trouble shooter that HID this download and my system now runs beautifully. I have no latency and my fps are pretty good. Wasn't able to ride, run, or fight prior to this. Now, even with my graphics card that ZOS says is crap and unplayable on ESO (Nvidia 840m) the game runs like a gem!

I really hope this might help some folks!! Good luck fellow gamers!

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/433675/fixed-my-latency-fps-and-booting-issues-after-4-1-5/p1?new=1
  • THWIP71
    THWIP71
    ✭✭✭✭
    Othniel327 wrote: »
    So...threads keep popping up about this issue, and they keep getting closed and referenced back to here, but what is actually being done about the issue?

I think you know the answer to that question. :/
  • Maximilian
    Maximilian
    ✭✭✭
    Game is broken for me and my wife. ....ZoS please fix your software
  • Br0m
    Br0m
    ✭✭

TL/DR: if you have a Linksys router and suffering from constant disconnects to login screen- downgrade your router firmware.

Maybe this will help someone, who is suffering from constant disconnects to login screen.
    Since the middle of May and SMS release i had thousands of disconnects to login screen and tonns of game crashes. In time I managed to fix almost 99% of game crashing by reinstalling W10 and flashing gfx and motherboard to latest firmware version.
    But the disconnects to login screen was driving me crazy, nothing worked and after some time the ESO was totally unplayable for me with disconnects every 30 mins or 1 hour time stamp. After some internal test(playing eso with internet connection provided via my phone’s LTE modem- zero disconnects) I tracked down issue with my ISP and Linksys ACS1900router. The problem with unstable connection while I’m playing ESO is tied to the router latest firmware version(which was released at may 15)
    Working solution is simple - downgrade to the previous router firmware version fixed all disconnects to the login screen and it’s first time since May then I can enjoy BGs and dungeon runs w/o constant disconnects:D

Cheers
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still having disconnects every hour... I tried everything and issue still remains.
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess no fix is coming out, because this company is so incompetent... One little fix brokes more things that it fixes. What a joke company. Shame on you Zos.
    Edited by SilverPaws on September 7, 2018 5:30PM
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always find it amusing when ZOS says to “forward/open” ports on the firewall. If an end user does manage to do this, then they will break their stuff the next time their local DHCP server (usually their “router”) hands them a different IP. Like the game won’t work at all for that PC. And in doing so, I’m going to guess that they effectively break the ability for other PCs behind the firewall to play the game simultaneously (for people behind the same firewall that play ESO together) utilizing NAT on the firewall.

And the entire suggestion is silly. Anyone that actually blocks outbound traffic on their firewall on certain ports knows what they are doing. Anyone putting in a support tickets does not and has not blocked outbound traffic on those ports. Which is really what ZOS is asking their users to check. But their use of terminology is wrong and couple that with how all the SOHO gateways (consumer “routers”) all have different terminology for this stuff on their web management interfaces, it’s created an utterly confusing mess for the end user that sets them up to very likely break their network (and make the issue worse).

Lol at ZOS

Like when it comes to computers these days no one wants to actually focus on fixing the issue. They want to go down a script of random irrelevant stuff to try and hope it fixes it. Like there is no logic behind it. Just throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks. Lol
    Edited by qbit on September 7, 2018 5:43PM
  • AWinterWolf
    AWinterWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have tried everything they've suggested, nothing, not one thing has helped. I've disabled add-ons, etc. and I still dc, I dc when I'm porting somewhere, if I try and do a dungeon with randoms, there's a chance I'll dc and usually end up getting kicked for dc'ing and looking like a troll.

When will ZoS finally admit that this is their doing, and their problem. It is happening to too many people and happening too often to be everyone's internet.

It is getting to the point where I'm missing out on parts of the game, because I'm having to ask in the guilds for people to go on randoms with, because at least then I'm less likely to get kicked if I dc.
    @AWinterWolf, PC EU.

Main character: Healer, CP 1300+,
    Completed:
    vSS (Ice & Fire HM)
    vMoL Trifecta
    TTT
    vKA HMs
    vBRP
    All Dungeon Trifectas.

Favourite quote:

History is a story written by the victors, who often paint themselves the best of lights.
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess only thing left for me to do is to leave game.. This constant disconnects are unacceptable. Game became unplayable and zos isn't doing anything.

Of course that zenimax won't admit they messed it up with the new update so nothing will change. I wish i would not give any time and money to this game, because as it seems zenimax doesn't care about our problems they are causing.
  • GamingLass
    I had this issue too. But think I found my problem. I have Win10 with an Intel Wireless Adapter AC-7260. I tried nearly everything. Reinstalling, updating...changing user files....And then I came across someone else with the same problem. I plugged in my ethernet and that stopped my disconnects. It was a faulty Intel adapter. This obviously isn't going to work for all but it might help someone. It drove me crazy. Also had a windows update that kept "pending installation". I had to get a problem that forced win10 to ignore the update as it was already installed. Those 2 things seemed to help. Latency is down. And hopefully no more disconnects.
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get kicked to login numerous times every time I run dungeons. Nothing works..disabling addons, deleting them, nothing. I have had the game port forwarded for months. Nothing works. z0$ has some weird garbage constantly going on with their game...Less and less incentive to play. Getting to be I spend as much time trying to log in as I spend playing.
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanted to update this. After I restarted and disabled all addons, the dungeon disconnects have stopped. I turned batches of addons back on and ran dungeons to test. I believe its either assist rapid riding, taos group tools, or one of the numerous crafting addons I use which cause most of the disconnects. Its tedious and time consuming narrowing it down, but will try to do it eventually. In any event, turning off all crafting addons, Taos, and assist rapid riding fixes the problem for now on my PC.
    Edited by Jameliel on September 21, 2018 1:40AM
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jameliel wrote: »
    Wanted to update this. After I restarted and disabled all addons, the dungeon disconnects have stopped. I turned batches of addons back on and ran dungeons to test. I believe its either assist rapid riding, taos group tools, or one of the numerous crafting addons I use which cause most of the disconnects. Its tedious and time consuming narrowing it down, but will try to do it eventually. In any event, turning off all crafting addons, Taos, and assist rapid riding fixes the problem for now on my PC.

That's very interesting. If you do happen to narrow it down to a specific addon, would you mind posting an update here? I should very much like to figure this out as well, but I have not been able to determine anything conclusive.
  • Goatroth
    Goatroth
    Soul Shriven
    Just wanted to note that for me it was Immersive Mount Camera that was triggering my disconnects after harvesting. At least, it seems to be. I'll leave an update if that's not the case, but so far I've harvested a couple of resources with no disconnects, after disabling the addon. Oh well, it was out of date anyway. Maybe someone can fork it and fix the issue with it. I would, but I don't know how to code/script these blasted things.