Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Constant disconnects.

• tute
    tute
    Soul Shriven
    Still randomly disconnecting on the PC(not a laptop). Thought it was due to Steam version but since this happened last time I downloaded directly from Zenimax so have two versions on my PC. I still disconnect on the direct Zenimax version. Was in Craglorn trying to unlock wayshrines and had to re-log 5 times before I just gave up.
  • kosten07
    kosten07
    Having this same issue as the OP and everyone else here. Random boots to log in screen with no error message. Seems to happen the most when mount/dismounting, opening chests, and loading into Delves.

Today seems particularly horrid (Saturday approx 4 pm EST) can't even log in.
  • Rexy18
    Rexy18
    ✭✭✭
    Best part is that there was a patch to fix this issue (getting kicked to login screen with no error message). It worked for 2-3 days and broke again
  • tute
    tute
    Soul Shriven
    Still happening this morning. Twice I was about to harvest some materials and bam, back to login screen. This is on the non-Steam version. I can't help but think some DRM software that is not working as expected.
    Edited by tute on July 9, 2018 12:15PM
  • H1ker
    H1ker
    ✭✭✭
    Disconnects are also ruining the game for me. I have the Zenimax PC version and my connection has always been rock solid but now I'm getting disconnected every couple of minutes. I'm getting kicked to the login screen with no error message.

I have an ESO Plus 6 month subscription set to renew in 30 days. As much as I love ESO, I'll have to cancel if they can't fix the disconnects by then. I'm sorry but I can't justify paying for a game that I can't play. It's too bad that disconnects have rendered ESO unplayable because it was a fantastic game before that.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't sub because of the disconnects. If they fix it I will sub
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add my two cents - this started for me about five days ago, and now is endemic on every character no matter where they are or what they're doing.

Now, I have no argument with getting kicked if a girl is standing around inactive. But this is happening with increasing frequency even though my characters are busy, harvesting/crafting/exploring/fighting.

Today, I've been logged off three times while harvesting on a level 4 newbie girl, and since the last time over an hour ago, I can't get logged back in. Pretty frustrating....

[Edited to add: I should have stated up front that I've tried all the pertinent troubleshooting steps from the first page with zero improvement....]
    Edited by Sylvermynx on July 17, 2018 5:12PM
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    A little update for that:
    With 4.0.12. I now can use the default usersettings.txt. But the problem is not complete solved. I still have 1-2 disconnections per hour when opening treasure chests or harvesting resources.
    In the log file is only written:
    2018-07-19T09:01:59.503+01:00 Load Screen - OnDisconnectedFromServer
    @Zeni: From the name it looks like an event. Can you add the here also the reason why this event is happen?
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • Stynxa
    Stynxa
    Soul Shriven
    I have noticed with the constant disconnects, it happens more frequently when I am farming for resources and on one character.

With farming resources, chest often disconnect me the most but rune stones occasionally disconnect me as well. No matter where I farm, I have constant disconnects. For example, yesterday (07/20/18 at approx. 3 p.m. central time zone) when I doing a Greenshade treasure map, I disconnected approx. 7 times to get to one chest (give or take because I lost count from fatigue). Furthermore I tested if running to the objective or collect rune stones made a difference, I still disconnected the same amount of times (each taking roughly a minute).

I always experience these disconnection issues with my Khajit Nightblade build, but when I switch to my Argonian Warden or Dark Elf Sorcerer, everything seems normal. Keep in mind I do not farm with any other build than my Khajit since it is my main build.

Lastly I want to note I am only running the addon Harvest Map and Tamriel Trade Center, I have not shifted around the files rather drag and drop. I already have a post that shows the constant disconnects that I posted on another thread but transferring over to this main thread.

The link to that thread is:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/425194/having-disconnection-issues#latest

Adding on, I believe I have the world's fastest record of a disconnection on ESO with 1 minute and 27 seconds (this includes loading in the character to disconnection). This took a few attempts but I got it nailed down on video as well.
    Edited by Stynxa on July 22, 2018 12:14AM
  • kosten07
    kosten07
    Any update here?

I was sent the GameConsultant.exe file, ran it and sent it back. Still being dumped pretty much 3 or 4 times in a 15 mins game session. I have started keeping my password on an open text file so I can Cont-P and log back in faster.
  • kosten07
    kosten07
    Also, I got an odd message once from the server when I was dumped to log in. It said something like "You were removed from game for too much messaging, please re-frame from spamming" or something like that. I was quietly questing, not talking to anyone.
  • kosten07
    kosten07
    On the suggestion of a similar post that is having problems, I used PingPlotter to check the route.

This IP:

209.200.144.205 ae121.access-a.sech-iad.netarch.akamai.com

is having huge issues with my connection.

Average response time from host 178.8 in millseconds after 5 minutes of testing.

This is the jump just prior to ESO server at 198.20.198.110.
  • kosten07
    kosten07
    Here is a copy of PingPlotter after running for 10 minutes:

https://ibb.co/c5HVdo

As you can see there is definitely some packet loss.
  • alkoriak
    alkoriak
    ✭✭✭
    Having same problems here. Just some additional information : in my case, if I happen to have twitch open while playing I have the 2000 network error from twitch at the same time i lose eso connection. Twitch and eso are connected for the drops but it happens anyway on my second account too which is not connected to twitch. I have also done all suggestions mentioned in the multiple posts and ZoS post. So, no clue why suddenly this happens while game was working fine just before. I can't do trials now with my guilds and even have a chance to lose mats while harvesting surveys and getting kicked out in the middle or just when the game deletes the survey from inventory. only doing writs at the moment but even that causes problems and even only walking (no horse mounting) changes nothing.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's too bad @alkoriak. I've quit having issues since I quit riding. No more log outs. Just run my girls everywhere, and can harvest, quest, etc. without any issues.
  • alkoriak
    alkoriak
    ✭✭✭
    Crossing my fingers but reinstalling microsoft net framework seems to have resolved the issue for me. yesterday and today including in pts without a problem. I'll put back some mods one by one from now on in case they were also a cause.
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    PVP EU Vivec: Each *** day this bug. Battle for BB.

I can't believe how bad this game is when there's a little load.

Only yellow and blue and it's not possible to join this fight.
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • Sergg007
    Sergg007
    ✭✭✭✭
    same here :(
  • kosten07
    kosten07
    Update on my end.
    Reinstalled Windows (complete wipe) , brand new cable modem, brand new router. Comcast technician came out and checked all lines inside and all lines outside, verified that everything is working properly.
    Windows updated and patched.
    Installed Spybot and McAfee.
    Installed ESO and opened the proper ports.
    Logged into game and I am still getting booted when I gather resources or chests. It makes no difference if I am mounted or not.
    I have provided continual feedback to the help ticket I originally created and each time I get a response from a different person from customer service (I am unsure if this normal).
    My best friend lives a few miles away and we have the same internet and almost the same pcs. He does not have any issues.
    Trying to post as much information as possible to see if there are commonalities.
  • Othniel327
    Othniel327
    ✭✭✭
    So...threads keep popping up about this issue, and they keep getting closed and referenced back to here, but what is actually being done about the issue?
  • JuanMooreDixonHughes
    JuanMooreDixonHughes
    Soul Shriven
    kosten07 wrote: »
    Update on my end.
    Reinstalled Windows (complete wipe) , brand new cable modem, brand new router. Comcast technician came out and checked all lines inside and all lines outside, verified that everything is working properly.
    Windows updated and patched.
    Installed Spybot and McAfee.
    Installed ESO and opened the proper ports.
    Logged into game and I am still getting booted when I gather resources or chests. It makes no difference if I am mounted or not.
    I have provided continual feedback to the help ticket I originally created and each time I get a response from a different person from customer service (I am unsure if this normal).
    My best friend lives a few miles away and we have the same internet and almost the same pcs. He does not have any issues.
    Trying to post as much information as possible to see if there are commonalities.

I had that happening since around the end of june as well, and after one maintenance I remember it stopping for a while but it started up again the other day. Once or twice I got the stupid spamming message, even though I wasn't even talking since I was gathering mats and doing surveys/skyshards on my crafter which is when it seems to happen the most frequently... like not even 2 minutes after being logged back in while the game takes as long just to load back into it usually these days.

For reference, I am playing on samsung b-die 16g with a 2700x and a 1070ti and this has happened before this install of windows which was last fall's updated to 1803 (for my wmr software to be able to work) and then a fresh iso of the 1803 build as well is the current install of windows (it broke my onboard wifi drivers so I installed it fresh for that reason, bought a new wifi card, then my mobo site uploaded new working drivers days later lol) and I installed this game all over again to boot and it is still a problem. I just remembered, I have tried this on 3 different wifi adapters, on 2 different networks and had these issues and that is also between two installations of windows AND the game itself with a repair run on both as well. It IS the game and/or some server or anti-bot issue.

I have a suspicion that this is an anti-bot thing that is going haywire for some of us because of that spam message. it's likely part of a system that kicks the harvester bots or something and it is treating us like bots or perhaps even flagged our accounts as possible bots which is why some of us get it so bad. we need to find the common denominators between us, and if others are also mainly doing crafting/writs and gathering/surveys and maybe skyshard runs and nothing else and that is common between us then we may be flagged as bots by whatever they are using. I am not being harsh here, simply honest, lets Not forget that they took years to even do anything with ce users.. and they have had ping issues for years since the original launch even. I wouldn't put it past them to be having issues with awful anti-bot measures too. this game has had a Ton of technical issues since it was released, a ton.

either way, if this goes on Another month or 2 , I am just gonna sell my accounts and be done with it, since after having to move to windows 10 and seeing how it ravages my storage I will not install this game even one more time if I delete it nor will I let it sit here for months wasting space that other game(s) can use. windows 10 literally uses up between 3 to 4 times the space it actually NEEDS to move files between partitions or drives or to install or download naything any drive activity beyond simply moving something to another spot on the same partition. The last time I installed this game, I had to clear about 180gb ultimately, since the first time I installed it this year on windows 10 I had to reboot the pc 3 times to make windows stop saying that free space was used up while downloading this game... I had about 120g free if that paints a picture of how horrible windows 10 is like that when that isn't enough to install a roughly 60gb game. so that 180gb was even pushing it, and after a reboot I had almost 100gb of space on the partition instantly 'free up' once this game was finished installing the second time. there will not be a third install on windows 10. Not ever. Zero, Ziltch, Notta. As if.

If I delete this game, because it's not being played for a while due to this issue or some other, I won't be wasting my time downloading multiple games I had to delete all over again just to install this game again... I will simply be selling my accounts even if I have to let somebody lowball me just to get it off my hands and not let it go entirely to waste. I won't be freeing up 180gb again, especially after I recently had a drive die and after that of all times I will NOT be freeing up a backup drive for main use since knowing my luck it would happen again right after doing that because the universe is ironic and this game isn't worth it. I wouldn't even have risked it for everquest, and I liked that a whole lot better than this game and actually Played it... for years.

TLDR probably some anti bot measure flagging us or going haywire for some people, and/or some routing issue between our modem and their server and they have been neglecting it , it seems like. I don't think this is related directly to the multithreading, but it IS possible indirectly if it causing a delay or a sync issue on our end (I notice loading screens can take minutes logging into the game especially) and if that leads to us getting kicked eventually. I noticed a lot of hangs sometimes, and it usually happened while out gathering mats and surveys in my case or happened MUCH more frequently and often right as I would be grabbing a node actually which was when I was also usually kicked to the login screen with no error (more suspicion of it treating me like a harvester bot). Idk what is causing it, but I suspect routing or antibot is related. Either could make sense since some people seem unaffected, while the ones who are it is persistent and with no known issues on our end after trying every remedy and test available and known to ourselves. we need to find the common denominators between ourselves and maybe help narrow down the cause(s).
    Edited by JuanMooreDixonHughes on July 28, 2018 12:26AM
  • Eva13
    Eva13
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, 'suddenly' I was kicked from the game last night and couldn't log in for about 20 minutes. Tonight it's just the same, but I was able to log in after an hour of trying, but my hubby -not. 195.122.154.1 not responding - 95% of loss. Good luck Zenimax, it's your *** servers.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally broke down and reinstalled the game. I haven't crashed since.

Xbox one
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Rexy18
    Rexy18
    ✭✭✭
    Did a clean re-install of Windows a day before Midyear, hoping I'd be able to play a bit. This is the 3rd occassion where the game fixes itself for 2-3 days in between the weeks of being kicked to login screen with no error message. Was able to play from Thursday but sadly that's all I got, the issue is back as of today morning.
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have heard a lot about that the main reason of high ping is security measures zos has put in place. Of course Zos likes to keep quiet, because thats such a respectable quality from them.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game been disconnecting all day. 7 times in the last hour alone. PC EU
  • tarondestiny
    tarondestiny
    Soul Shriven
    It´s happening ALL the time, some nights slightly less disconnecting phases.. it happens a lot during fight and dungeons. My connection is good and I´ve never experiences this anywhere else. It is highly furstrating, especially even more when you paid for a damn membership... I get disconnected MORE than TWICE in a SINGLE HOUR when it gets bad. In dungeons and pvp it´s more game breaking, logging back in first fails after long loading, because your character actually still stands around there, so it takes a while to get back even so... It is nothing mor ethan annoying and frustrating and it needs to get fixed.
    I hear this is happening especially on the EU server, but not sure by the add on now. Also the stupid bug with the outfits hasn´t been fixed yet by the way. mos tof this has been said already, but yea it happens, it still happens, and probably a lot of players will drop the game till it´s fixed.
  • tarondestiny
    tarondestiny
    Soul Shriven
    maybe that´s of interest too; me and my husband actually play back to back and it is fine with other games of course, but in ESO we get disconnected a lot, but not at the same time. One day my husband got highly annoying number of disconnects, while I ran almost stable for a (little..) while. Sometimes we both get disconnected, but i can´t tell if it was only if we were in the same place or not, but simultanous disconnects happen in maybe every 10th or so.
  • arasysb14_ESO
    arasysb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not planning to resubscribe till this issue is addressed. It's been months and crashing is still happening.

It has to do with looting overland, it just doesn't work right. Paying for awful quality service doesn't make any sense.
    Arasys Llanor, CP 800+ Magicka Sorcerer NA

Please do not use the same Fallout 76 engine for TES VI
  • boorrr_fly
    boorrr_fly
    Soul Shriven
    I am having same issues, and I never had anything like that couple months ago. None of the fixes I tried helped, really getting annoying by these constant dcs because can't really play the game.