Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Constant disconnects.

ploddab16_ESO
ploddab16_ESO
✭✭✭
I'm getting constant disconnects. Before Summerset the game ran fine, but after it's launch I've been having nothing but random DC's plagueing my play time. The only reliable catalyst for them seems to be zone transitions, but something as random as learning a style motif can do it as well. Anyone else having these problems, and how can I solve them?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If you are running into constant disconnections while playing, you can try the following troubleshooting steps:

Check Service Alerts

Verify the servers are not undergoing scheduled maintenance here.

Power cycle and then test your network

If playing on console, you can reset your machine's IP by performing a hard reset. To do so, hold down the power button on the console itself and allow it to completely shut down. Once complete, turn off your modem or router as well and wait 10 minutes before turning all of your devices back on.

If playing on PC/Mac, you should also try turning off your modem or router for 10 minutes before rebooting.

Forward the game ports

To best access The Elder Scrolls Online you should configure you routers to open the following outbound ports:

All Platforms

TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131
    TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507
    TCP / UDP Ports 24300 through 24331
    TCP Port 80
    TCP Port 433

Check for updates

You should also ensure that the ESO Launcher has downloaded and installed all available updates before logging back in. If on console, we also recommend completely closing out the game and allowing the system to check for game updates before restarting the game itself.

Give ESO and Steam access to Mac

If playing ESO on Mac, you should ensure that both Steam and ESO have access to your machine by navigating to the Security & Privacy menu, selecting Privacy, then clicking on Accessibility and adding them to the list.

Reset the ProgramData folder

If playing on PC, you can also try resetting the ProgramData folder:
    1. Close both ESO and the ESO Launcher.
    2. Open the game's installation directory.
    3. Open the folder named Launcher.
    4. Inside the "Launcher" folder, there is a folder named "ProgramData".
    5. Rename the "ProgramData" folder to "ProgramDataBackup".
    6. Open the launcher and download update.
    7. Click Play.

If none of these steps improve the situation, you can also open a ticket with customer support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • perolord
    perolord
    ✭✭✭
    Has any1 solved this? Because none of the soultion works for me...
  • VirusOfBeauty
    VirusOfBeauty
    ✭✭✭
    I got a message back from support saying that they know there is a problem with message limit error kicking people and that they will fix it in a future patch. I got this after trying all the suggested solutions without result
    Mother Hen of Chilled Explorers Dailies (PC EU Guild)
  • Silent84
    Silent84
    ✭✭✭
    You tell me to fix something in my pc, this is my connection and i don't have fiber: http://www.speedtest.net/result/7424748071.png in pubg, battlefront 2,gw2,bdo, in this games i got 35-45ping, only eso is special i have 100ping and cyrodiil spikes till 300ping, please stop telling as to fix something in our end, and fix this servers man, i am sick and tired of bugs and high ping!!! i am very disappointed :(
    Edited by Silent84 on June 27, 2018 12:54AM
    Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
  • CiliPadi
    CiliPadi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Been getting kicked out of the game just doing writs today... Got gig fiber and other online and mmo games work perfect. Just this one is borked always.
  • Emathides
    Emathides
    ✭✭✭
    CiliPadi wrote: »
    Been getting kicked out of the game just doing writs today... Got gig fiber and other online and mmo games work perfect. Just this one is borked always.

Started for me around the same time as your post, too. Clearly not an issue on the player's side, so I don't know why they give us a long to do list when it's a server issue.
    Edited by Emathides on June 27, 2018 6:38AM
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    For PC: I had in the past the same issue. Disconnects each 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8--9-10 minutes. Only in PVE when harvesting resources and after opening chests.

Found this in other thread. After changing my settings to this the game works fine for me. No Disconnects.

Ps: dont forget to make the file read-only after your changes.

xxx wrote:
    I've been messing with the UserSettings.ini settings for multicore, restricting the number of threads a bit. The freezes are definitely coming from the "WorkerThreads" line, as setting it to 0 removes them entirely, but at the loss of a little fps in general, while setting them to 8 turns the entire game into a near constant slideshow. With the settings below I have managed to completely remove all the freezes and stutters, in Alinor and everywhere else. Framerate now seems to be about the same as pre-patch. Smooth as silk. Maybe give these a try until they get a proper fix in.

SET MaxCoresToUse.4 "8" (if you have a quad core hyperthreading cpu, if not use "4")
    SET RequestedNumJobThreads "4"
    SET RequestedNumWorkerThreads "1"

Also, setting GPUSmoothingFrames to "0" or "1" can be very helpful with general smoothness and microstutters, as well as input lag and responsiveness if you have a high end GPU. "0" is best if you can get away with it.
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • perolord
    perolord
    ✭✭✭
    I have eso plus (3 months) and now 3rd day i can not play.. submited a ticket, i get anwser they are having higher demands in tickets as ussual... I think this was the last time i have ESO+

I can not belive this that you get that rng anwser and you did not change anything and only problems is in ESO...
    Edited by perolord on June 27, 2018 4:38PM
  • parpin
    parpin
    ✭✭✭
    i also have dc issue, log in and after 10-15 minute i get disconnect.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disconnected 11 times in @4hrs yesterday on Xbox elite Na...I have done all the above...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • perolord
    perolord
    ✭✭✭
    Well none of the solution works.. because there seems to be problem with the game.. i get constant DC after 2 mintues max... i can not even play...
  • linuxhell
    linuxhell
    ✭✭✭
    random disconnects here to login screen without error message and my internet is up 100% fine
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP is unplayable/broken. Every 5 mins logout. Is there any intention of fixing it ?
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on June 29, 2018 4:10AM
  • woosinator2008
    For PC: I had in the past the same issue. Disconnects each 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8--9-10 minutes. Only in PVE when harvesting resources and after opening chests.

Found this in other thread. After changing my settings to this the game works fine for me. No Disconnects.

xxx wrote:
    I've been messing with the UserSettings.ini settings for multicore, restricting the number of threads a bit. The freezes are definitely coming from the "WorkerThreads" line, as setting it to 0 removes them entirely, but at the loss of a little fps in general, while setting them to 8 turns the entire game into a near constant slideshow. With the settings below I have managed to completely remove all the freezes and stutters, in Alinor and everywhere else. Framerate now seems to be about the same as pre-patch. Smooth as silk. Maybe give these a try until they get a proper fix in.

SET MaxCoresToUse.4 "8" (if you have a quad core hyperthreading cpu, if not use "4")

Also, setting GPUSmoothingFrames to "0" or "1" can be very helpful with general smoothness and microstutters, as well as input lag and responsiveness if you have a high end GPU. "0" is best if you can get away with it.

I need to test this on my game and see if it works too but am I wrong in saying that we shouldn't have to go through all this crap? That they should just admit that there is a problem and fix it?
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

xxx wrote:

I need to test this on my game and see if it works too but am I wrong in saying that we shouldn't have to go through all this crap? That they should just admit that there is a problem and fix it?

He is bluffing. ZOs needs to fix the issue. Issue is with server side.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on June 30, 2018 2:15PM
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silent84 wrote: »
    You tell me to fix something in my pc, this is my connection and i don't have fiber: http://www.speedtest.net/result/7424748071.png in pubg, battlefront 2,gw2,bdo, in this games i got 35-45ping, only eso is special i have 100ping and cyrodiil spikes till 300ping, please stop telling as to fix something in our end, and fix this servers man, i am sick and tired of bugs and high ping!!! i am very disappointed :(

I cannot even able to play PVE as well .ZOs not even acknowledge the issue when many users are affected.
  • linuxhell
    linuxhell
    ✭✭✭
    here I was able to solve the problem of disconnecting randomly by putting the game in full screen mode
    I played before in full window mode and never imagined that this was causing a problem
    it seems like this started to happen after summerset

so try to play full screen and make sure that no firewall is blocking something (turn off your windows firewall and your router firewall)

if nothing changes, try testing without any addon !!
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix the damn game
  • linuxhell
    linuxhell
    ✭✭✭
    edit: full screen did not solve the problem and right now I'm getting 999 red ping, we pay for the game and its additional contents and now we have a terrible quality !!
  • DarkWolf_GR
    50% chance to crash on joining a dungeon. Usually resulting in being locked out of the queue for 15m.
    always crashes at the end of a dungeon.

First time i've ever regretted subscribing to this game.

UPDATE: Disabling all add ons appears to have reduced the crashes.
    Edited by DarkWolf_GR on July 2, 2018 9:33PM
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game is unplayable.
  • Othniel327
    Othniel327
    ✭✭✭
    This is happening a lot to me too. Seems like every 15 minutes or so, roughly. Very obnoxious. It just started recently as well, though I'm not sure how recently, as I haven't been actively playing a lot the last month until the last few days.
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Othniel327 wrote: »
    This is happening a lot to me too. Seems like every 15 minutes or so, roughly. Very obnoxious. It just started recently as well, though I'm not sure how recently, as I haven't been actively playing a lot the last month until the last few days.

Game is broken and ZOs have no clue . Surely ESO+ is going to get reduced and players will leave eventually if not fixed.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on July 4, 2018 3:39AM
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get random disconnects too. Straight to desk top most of the time. And I am not in the mood to play fix my computer, when it is obvious that it is a ESO problem.
  • Othniel327
    Othniel327
    ✭✭✭
    Tried some of the fixes. Seemed to help with the disconnects for half an hour. Then it was back to the same. I'm also now lagging like crazy. They've REALLY got to fix this ASAP.

Please.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's got really bad lately. I've tried -everything- above.

IT'S ON YOUR END, ZOS. YOU NEED TO FIX IT. NOT US.
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keeps happening to me during character creation, can remain online for 1 minute ish max before getting disconnected. But support refuses to help because I'm on a laptop :smile:
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bleakraven wrote: »
    Keeps happening to me during character creation, can remain online for 1 minute ish max before getting disconnected. But support refuses to help because I'm on a laptop :smile:

Are they seriously saying the Laptop is the cause? Because I'm on a desktop and this is geting ridiculous.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix the game