Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Constant disconnects.

• HUnewearl
    HUnewearl
    Soul Shriven
    I hope this helps someone.
    I fixed my D/C issues. I bought a router. Before I just used my Hub to connect to the internet and suffered D/C after D/C. Buying a cheap Router fixed that. Not D/C since.
  • AWinterWolf
    AWinterWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    DCed and ESO's brilliant request? Take a screenshot. Of what? My character being unable to communicate with a group that I've dced?

No matter what I do, I dc.

No add-ons on? Dc.
    Internet connection is 5 bars and still on? Dc.
    Discord on? Dc.
    Discord off? Dc.
    On my own? Dc.
    In a dungeon? Dc.
    -Starting a dungeon? 50/50 I'll dc.
    -Ending a dungeon? 50/50 I'll dc.
    Opening a chest? May dc.

The list is endless.
    @AWinterWolf, PC EU.

Main character: Healer, CP 1300+,
    Completed:
    vSS (Ice & Fire HM)
    vMoL Trifecta
    TTT
    vKA HMs
    vBRP
    All Dungeon Trifectas.

Favourite quote:

History is a story written by the victors, who often paint themselves the best of lights.
  • dm8869b14_ESO
    dm8869b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having this same issue every 10 mins I will DC doesn't matter what I'm doing. Didn't have this issue before Murkmire release so not sure what changed but I need a solution.Have no issues with any other games or anything internet related, I have and had a router so that's not a solution for me. I won't keep logging back in every 10 mins, I can't do a dungeon because its not fair to the other members. I really enjoy this game but my frustration is at an end point, fix your game or people like me that pay for eso plus will leave. I don't know what else to do. I don't want to hear that it's something with my PC as it is not, everything worked great before the release of Murkmire I didn't change anything, they did.
  • RawBrightSilver
    I'm getting the same issue with frequent disconnects. They are usually preceded by extreme lag, but occasionally I just get dropped. When it happens, sometimes I am unable to log back in.

That points to networking problems between me (my ISP) and their servers. (I play on the NA servers.)

When it happens, it can get bad enough that even if I manage to reconnect, I'll get kicked within a few minutes of play.

My tracert gets as far as their Akamai DDoS service before it craps out and gets delayed by an extra 300+ms. I'm pretty sure that the problem lies with how they filter packets coming in towards their servers. They use a service like Akamai to ensure they don't get DDoS'd but their servers (and that service) can't keep up with player demand.
  • dm8869b14_ESO
    dm8869b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Update to previous post....

I use a VPN occasionally for when I wish to remain anonymous online and if I use my VPN I have NO issues being DC'd. VPN off I get constant DC's. I have no idea why. Thought I would throw that out there if any one has any ideas.
  • AWinterWolf
    AWinterWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Twice I have disconnected in the same dungeon. ESO, fix this issue or lose customers.
    @AWinterWolf, PC EU.

Completed:
    vSS (Ice & Fire HM)
    vMoL Trifecta
    TTT
    vKA HMs
    vBRP
    All Dungeon Trifectas.

Favourite quote:

History is a story written by the victors, who often paint themselves the best of lights.
  • Riddickphb
    Riddickphb
    Soul Shriven
    I am disconnected from the game and when I try to log in again this message appears:
    f2d9fuvq2mk3.png
  • Kiwi
    Kiwi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Twice I have disconnected in the same dungeon. ESO, fix this issue or lose customers.

rich-lambart-attitude-problem.png

they dont care at all
    A large yellow rectangle

• Korax
    Korax
    ✭✭✭
    Oh WoW ( soz the pun ), but is this how ZOS talk to their customers?!
    I haven't been able to play this busted game since September and has moved on ( apart from hoping to maybe get back in it ).

Frankly I don't care who's fault it is or why its not working, the bottom-line is this:
    I can play any other online games perfectly, except this game, hence I agree its busted. If I can't login, its busted, I'm sorry.
    Secondly, since September I remembered I have World of Warcraft and it actually works!

I'm sorry to say that if by start February this game still got issues I will be uninstalling it and go back to World of Warcraft... because, ahem... it works!

I'm definitely not going to do hundreds of GBs of downloads to get this game back on my system on the slight odd chance that it might work.

Blizzard have been taking my money since September, and I suspect looking at these threads good and well into the future still.

Maybe ZOS will realize their house is on fire when a lot more ppl moves on to greener pastures.
    Even by that measure its already a bad show, because it means that for as long as they got enough players they cant care less about issues some of us are having regarding problems that are purely and obviously so a problem on their side.

My infrastructure works just fine thank you very much, I don't have to do jack-**** other than paying Blizzard rather to keep me entertained.

I know I wrote a bit harsh... but am I being untruthful?
    ...I think not.
  • AWinterWolf
    AWinterWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kiwi wrote: »

rich-lambart-attitude-problem.png

they dont care at all

I know they don't, I don't think most companies care about anything but money.
    @AWinterWolf, PC EU.

Completed:
    vSS (Ice & Fire HM)
    vMoL Trifecta
    TTT
    vKA HMs
    vBRP
    All Dungeon Trifectas.

Favourite quote:

• Othniel327
    Othniel327
    ✭✭✭
    Just want to say that I'm still getting disconnects. It's even worse trying to do this lousy pvp event for berries. C'mon, guys. Fix your dang game! Today is especially bad. I'll log in only to freeze up and be booted moments later. And I have fast internet!
    Edited by Othniel327 on January 19, 2019 11:32PM
  • Korax
    Korax
    ✭✭✭
    Tried yesterday in a long while trying to load a character... still the same since September. Can't login any character... unless I'm willing to retry a 100+ times... I think not. Welp, seems I'll continue spending money elsewhere.
  • Jake71887
    Jake71887
    ✭✭✭
    SO is this game pretty much unplayable in highly populated areas/peak times/weekends? Was running the game fine all week, but once Friday night hit the servers went to hell.
  • izanagi256
    izanagi256
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having random DC's to. Anyone find a fix yet?
  • Splintz
    Splintz
    Just started playing again last night after quitting when Summerset launched with all the stuttering and now dc every 10 - 15 minutes.
  • sulima
    sulima
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having the same issue has been happening for months.
  • EmporerZod
    EmporerZod
    Soul Shriven
    10 disconnects so far in Coldharbour today. All during zone transitions. It hasn't been this bad ever. I'm used to 1 or 2 disconnects during zone transitions but this is just sad.
  • Othniel327
    Othniel327
    ✭✭✭
    Still getting disconnects. Opened a ticket. Went through all the stuff they recommend. Still getting disconnects. Sometimes it takes me 2-3 attempts just to log in lately. The silence on this issue is deafening. The only thing I haven't tried yet is a full reinstall, but I'm not sure if that would even help.
  • Korax
    Korax
    ✭✭✭
    Wont help, for me nothing changed or improved since September. Opening a ticket or following the usual bot recommendations is just kicking the can down the road to keep you busy.
  • inationxi
    inationxi
    Soul Shriven
    Came back to the game this week as I am looking forward to the new content later in the year. Ever since it has been multple disconnects a session. I understand games grow but I never experienced this issue when I last played in 2017.
  • Snokee
    Snokee
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having same issues on EU server. In last 40min 5 dc's
  • AWinterWolf
    AWinterWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    A disconnect, 20 minutes apart from each other, the game is getting worse.
    @AWinterWolf, PC EU.

Completed:
    vSS (Ice & Fire HM)
    vMoL Trifecta
    TTT
    vKA HMs
    vBRP
    All Dungeon Trifectas.

Favourite quote:

• boxanata
    boxanata
    ✭✭
    5 disconnects in the space of 20 minutes. This game is a joke.
  • ploddab16_ESO
    ploddab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still experiencing disconnects as well. Triggers seem to be:

Turning in a quest.

Talking to an NPC.

Combat.

Zone transitions (which seem to be taking longer post Summerset as well).

Travel distance (I've noticed I seem more stable inside player housing once I've loaded in, whereas while journeying in the open world I get DC-ed fairly frequently).

The DC's seem odd too, in that I won't realize I've DC-ed until I try and attack something. Mobs are still in the world, some even moving around, cutscenes will play, but important NPC's won't show and I can't attack/be attacked and will be stuck in attack animations if I try anything. This 'soft DC' can last anywhere from a minute to ten minutes before the game finally hard DC's me and I'm booted to login.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HUnewearl wrote: »
    I hope this helps someone.
    I fixed my D/C issues. I bought a router. Before I just used my Hub to connect to the internet and suffered D/C after D/C. Buying a cheap Router fixed that. Not D/C since.

Good suggestion as most DCs are often not server side, hence not caused by Zos.

I do not DC often but when I did my service provider found multiple issues (on their end) that was causing the problem. Their initial test when I called in did not find an issue. It was when they sent someone out they saw what was going on.
    Edited by idk on February 12, 2019 5:53PM
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frequent disconnects since the extended maintenance, with today being the worst all week. Good times.
    forever stuck in combat
  • Korax
    Korax
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

That sounds like something I expect ZOS to say.
    The reality though is I can barely keep 5 minutes ( if I'm lucky ) connected to ESO while playing. Well, that would be if actually manage to get past the character loading screen ( since September 2018 ) if I have enough patience to retry that maybe like 50 times.

Since I gave up trying even to load up ESO ( while these types of threads still lives ) and being able to stay connected and enjoying World of Warcraft all day without a single issue, I will have to call BS on statements like these above.
    Edited by Korax on February 17, 2019 1:33PM
  • AWinterWolf
    AWinterWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Korax wrote: »
    idk wrote: »

That sounds like something I expect ZOS to say.
    The reality though is I can barely keep 5 minutes ( if I'm lucky ) connected to ESO while playing. Well, that would be if actually manage to get past the character loading screen ( since September 2018 ) if I have enough patience to retry that maybe like 50 times.

Since I gave up trying even to load up ESO ( while these types of threads still lives ) and being able to stay connected and enjoying World of Warcraft all day without a single issue, I will have to call BS on statements like these above.

You know it's bad when you're joyful about dc'ing twice in your 3hrs of game time.
    @AWinterWolf, PC EU.

Completed:
    vSS (Ice & Fire HM)
    vMoL Trifecta
    TTT
    vKA HMs
    vBRP
    All Dungeon Trifectas.

Favourite quote:

• Othniel327
    Othniel327
    ✭✭✭
    Disconnects seem worse than usual today.
  • Shady_Knights
    Shady_Knights
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to know if there is a server side issue here. I've wasted many hours troubleshooting the four PC's my family use that have this singular problem only with ESO.

Being kicked and having inconsistent connectivity tells me that my environment isn't blocking ports or other things (else I couldn't connect at all) but the server I am connecting to can't maintain the connection.

Yes, it could be a range of things that are outside ZOS. I play many games and this is the only one that I have the issues with.

Forum posts indicate a wider issue. My ping typically 300+ (which sucks - but I can't do much about that as I'm in Australia), but will skyrocket to 999+ in populated areas.

I've played this game since launch off and on. There is something very different and wrong with the performance at the moment from my experience.

I'd prefer if this was a known issue. ZOS should be able to see if there is a spike on kicked accounts in there servers. The server is the one that ultimately decides a disconnect. Is there a new issue introduced since the latest maintenance patch.

I want to know if I'm wasting my time on client based troubleshooting when there's a greater server side issue at play.