Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Constant disconnects.

• Othniel327
    Othniel327
    ✭✭✭
    The disconnects are AWFUL this weekend. I can play for 10-15 minutes. Then get booted. Load times are excessive.
  • ScarletThorn
    Cannot connect to Server using Steam version
  • AWinterWolf
    AWinterWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Disconnected at least 5 times today, not good.
    @AWinterWolf, PC EU.

Main character: Healer, CP 1300+,
    Completed:
    vSS (Ice & Fire HM)
    vMoL Trifecta
    TTT
    vKA HMs
    vBRP
    All Dungeon Trifectas.

Favourite quote:

History is a story written by the victors, who often paint themselves the best of lights.
  • skiidzman
    skiidzman
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting constant disconnects. Before Summerset the game ran fine, but after it's launch I've been having nothing but random DC's plagueing my play time. The only reliable catalyst for them seems to be zone transitions, but something as random as learning a style motif can do it as well. Anyone else having these problems, and how can I solve them?

Just a heads up I just bought the game and was being disconnected every 15 minutes for days. It pissed me off quite a bit. I setup a static IP and bam... problem disappeared quicker than anything.

They are pretty easy to setup. Try it out and I hope it works for you and others. I think there is an issue with ESO's client and how it communicates with dynamic IP's or certain ISPs/routers.
  • skiidzman
    skiidzman
    ✭✭✭
    skiidzman wrote: »
    I'm getting constant disconnects. Before Summerset the game ran fine, but after it's launch I've been having nothing but random DC's plagueing my play time. The only reliable catalyst for them seems to be zone transitions, but something as random as learning a style motif can do it as well. Anyone else having these problems, and how can I solve them?

Just a heads up I just bought the game and was being disconnected every 15 minutes for days. It pissed me off quite a bit. I setup a static IP and bam... problem disappeared quicker than anything.

They are pretty easy to setup. Try it out and I hope it works for you and others. I think there is an issue with ESO's client and how it communicates with dynamic IP's or certain ISPs/routers.

By the way make sure you setup the static IP correctly. It seems complicated but it isn't. Go to your network settings, right click on connection, go to properties, double click ip4 settings.

If you access your router to change settings, you know the default gateway. i.e. 192.168.1.x.

If you don't know your default gateway, figure it out.

For a new IP address make it similar to the default gateway but change the last number, i.e. 192.168.1.22

For subnet mask set to 255.255.255.0

For the DNS servers just use googles for testing. Preferred: 8.8.8.8
    Alternate: 8.8.4.4

Select validate settings upon exit to make sure it works.
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    still getting disconnected fed up with the automated messages from support nothing changes happens pve pvp often happens if writing in zone or writing a ticket. turning off firewall/ av, implementing port forwarding/triggering dmz(not recommended) makes no difference. power management everything is set to perm on. no dropped packets on ping tests. only this game has a problem. no other disconnects for other games.
  • vellectra
    vellectra
    Soul Shriven
    I get disconnected to the login screen several times a day without an error message and it's as if the game is spiting me and crashing especially during dungeons and trials. The issue is not the internet because my bf sits two feet away from me, playing WoW and has zero connectivity issues. People have been complaining about these issues for years, it seems. ZOS, please fix your servers.
  • AWinterWolf
    AWinterWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funnily enough, didn't crash once today and suddenly my whole game crashes (I'm talking shuts itself down, not crashes to launcher). I highly doubt it's my internet.
    @AWinterWolf, PC EU.

Completed:
    vSS (Ice & Fire HM)
    vMoL Trifecta
    TTT
    vKA HMs
    vBRP
    All Dungeon Trifectas.

Favourite quote:

History is a story written by the victors, who often paint themselves the best of lights.
  • AWinterWolf
    AWinterWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't edit for whatever reason, so I'll quickly add it here. I have changed nothing, I repeat nothing since yesterday, when the disconnects were constant.

My internet is the issue? Doubt it.
    @AWinterWolf, PC EU.

Completed:
    vSS (Ice & Fire HM)
    vMoL Trifecta
    TTT
    vKA HMs
    vBRP
    All Dungeon Trifectas.

Favourite quote:

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Korax wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    Good suggestion as most DCs are often not server side, hence not caused by Zos.

That sounds like something I expect ZOS to say.
    The reality though is I can barely keep 5 minutes ( if I'm lucky ) connected to ESO while playing. Well, that would be if actually manage to get past the character loading screen ( since September 2018 ) if I have enough patience to retry that maybe like 50 times.

Since I gave up trying even to load up ESO ( while these types of threads still lives ) and being able to stay connected and enjoying World of Warcraft all day without a single issue, I will have to call BS on statements like these above.

If everyone, or most, were getting disconnected logic would suggest that the issue was on Zos' side. However, when the issue is isolated logic would suggest the problem is more local.

Ignore logic all you wish but it laughable you call my comment BS when logic (and in this case facts) say otherwise. LOL