Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Constant disconnects.

• jeanbulinckxub17_ESO
    Yeah I'm getting disconnections too.

This happens when I'm farming.
    Sometimes it's happens when I'm mouting.

Note I mainly farms chests and runes and I'm always casting expeditious retreat when mounting and always mounting while farming.
    Note I'm using a few addons for harvest and minimap.

Someone guessed this is somekind of anti-bot false positive issue and that makes sense.
    Another possible issue is the insuferable technical problems.
    Looks like to me ESO devs get a hard time trying to solve concurrency of async updates problems.
    Yeah, I'm a dev and I know those are hard problems to solve but I also know they got that buged (hero) engine from the start.

Anyway this issue is here from months now and Zenimax cannot at the same time keep deploying new content AND fixing tech issues unless some CEO guy hires more devs, but that costs money and CEO guys don't like to spend money. Instead they like to scam honest players paying for ESO Plus making them still pay for chapters!
  • gamer559
    gamer559
    ✭✭✭
    I got a message back from support saying that they know there is a problem with message limit error kicking people and that they will fix it in a future patch. I got this after trying all the suggested solutions without result

LMFAO that was actually their reply to my third escalation tier ticket today along with them saying it is an addon problem. I did everything they said to do in the beginning INCLUDING deleting my addon folder completely. Had disconnects, rubber banding, and high latency 999+ spikes. Mind you this reply today was after my damn ticket sat unanswered for TWENTY THREE DAYS. I'm guessing that my reply won't get answered for ANOTHER TWENTY THREE DAYS....
  • gamer559
    gamer559
    ✭✭✭
    I got a message back from support saying that they know there is a problem with message limit error kicking people and that they will fix it in a future patch. I got this after trying all the suggested solutions without result

And I quote my ticket: "I am looking into the issue you are describing, and the latency you are experiencing is something that we are investigating, but generally speaking, that would cause more latency and less disconnects. I am seeing something else in your logs, which is that you have been kicked from the server for exceeding the message rate limit 40 times in the past month. While this could all be related, I am inclined to think that this is possibly a combination of factors." Then it was followed on how to delete my addon folder.

My reply: That's just the thing though. I have followed your guy's instructions of running the game WITHOUT addons & with no addons what so ever but continued to get high latency spikes, rubber banding, and disconnects. While I have seen some error messages of being kicked for too many messages sent, I frequently do not see ANY error messages when it happens. It is completely random when I experience problems. I can be online for 2 minutes and be kicked or I can be online for 20 minutes and then get kicked. The max I've been online before getting kicked offline or experiencing high latency and/or rubber banding is 45 minutes. As I noted in my last reply, there are other people on the forums that are experiencing the same issues I am and the common factor is the use of Akami on your end causing high ping once it gets to their end. In fact, the users @MrGarlic & @Justmee have both commented on my forum post saying they have had identical problems and both of them have tracked the issue to Akami causing the signal to have high ping once the signal gets to them."

Now to wait the 23 days for yet another reply from them. Maybe this time they'll tell me yet again that it is my ISP that is the problem even though I can play any other online game with no problems (currently playing Aion & WoW until ESO fixes their crap) but the minute I log into ESO I have issues.
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wanted to post in here a TRACERT (to the PC/NA server) that I feel shows exactly what the problem is.

Hopefully you can see in the image that one of the hops in the trace shows that the path has reached Akamai system in the USA at LA but directly hops to the IP address 93.191.173.113 which is odd as according to an IP search reveals this IP to be in The Netherlands.

(http://ipaddress.is/93.191.173.113) The 380ms ping is consistent with pings to The Netherlands from New Zealand, where I reside. Why it's being routed to Europe is anyone's guess.

Surely this is where the problem is?

It looks like Akamai's DDoS prevention system is just a mass of cables plugged in to sockets at random.

pEjcsPc.jpg

My ticket is 181009-004670 in case anyone from ZOS wants to read further. (@gamer559)
    Edited by MrGarlic on October 16, 2018 7:47AM
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
  • lurkuld
    lurkuld
    Just in the past few days ive been getting 999+ ping. Before i use to sit on 217 ping (New Zealand). People skipping in game and just horrid gameplay. I did a similar tracert as MrGarlic. I got the same ip in nertherlands as well. Im not computer savvy tbh. Just throwing in my 2 cents, looking for help as i stream eso and cant presently.
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got 3 disconnects last night, 2 of which crashed the game client. It's about an average of 1 disconnect a day since Summerset patch.

I never experience this with other MMOs, just ESO.
    Edited by Mintaka5 on October 16, 2018 9:34PM
  • smee_z
    smee_z
    ✭✭✭
    Hello @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ,

To confirm @MrGarlic point, here are traceroutes from JP and SG.

These are more detailed, showing the possible route from each hop to the next with latency, number of hops going back, and it also shows the AS numbers.

I call your attention to JP Hop #6 and SG Hop#17. 2 possible next hops and Akamai chose the one with the 350+ ms latency and rather than going to the US, it dumps it via EU? It doesn't make sense.

Why? Please shed some light on this. I am also encountering this unusual latency spikes which this could explain.

5hfzdgoijq3t.png

PC NA

Games are meant to be played.

Back in Auriel's Bow 1.0, I have thought that the best way to handicap a faction with the HUGE pop advantage is to temporarily disable their grouping functionality and their ability to fight in 3rd person point of view! Let's see if these do not even up the odds.
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE

I accept that these days DDoS protection is necessary, but if it detrimentally affects your clients/users to the point where they can't even use your software, then surely that's something that needs attention.

I know I am not alone with random high pings as other members of an NZ/AUST guild I am in also report the same problem.

Any chance we can have an update or even an acknowledgement that something is awry?

I understand and accept that confidentiality is paramount, especially if your servers are currently under attack, but to us it just looks like ZOS no longer cares and is doing nothing to help us.

The generic 'cut and paste' responses I have been getting from support makes me think that your customer service reps don't even bother to read what I have written in my ticket. I was advised to turn off my 'console' and do an update. I am on PC, not a console. Seriously!

Not happy. :(
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
  • TumlinTheJolly
    TumlinTheJolly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm in NZ. My average ping is usually stable at around 217. It is currently around 301, with regular spikes to around 500, 700 or 999+.
    My brother has had a similar increase (he lives in a different city).

I'm assuming this is the same issue.
  • lurkuld
    lurkuld
    @TumlinTheJolly Thats exactly the same thing im getting. Im going to guess if you run a tracert you'll get the same Netherlands ip that @MrGarlic and others are getting also.
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag spikes here from Asia 350-750-999+. CMD came with a lots of request time outs even for just their website.

I thought my ISP is having issues but this is only happening in ESO.
    "Monsters doesn't exist, we create them"
  • Othniel327
    Othniel327
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still getting random disconnects. Doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing. Questing, in a dungeon/trial/delve, just riding somewhere. Heck, even just standing and crafting.
  • Scrooloose
    Scrooloose
    Soul Shriven
    I am having major connection issues to the point where I have decided not to renew my subscription until I have sorted out the cause.

I have narrowed it down to two possible reasons:

Server issue
    ISP issue

I started at the lowest point, disabling my addons and even resetting my interface and playing with no addons, but the disconnections continued. Did everything that was mentioned on the troubleshooting thread, including opening ports and flushing dns.

I then did clean installations of windows and and reinstalled the game, still had the same issues.

I next replaced my network hardware, Ethernet cables, even contact my ISP and asked them to send me a new router, and even after all that i was still being booted randomly.

Finally I even went as far as buying a whole new £1000 PC to see if that would solve the problem.

Even after all these modifications, I still constantly get disconnections from the server. The main issue is when I zone (either zone into a delve, or use a wayshrine). Sometimes even when I am questing out in the world, i suddenly wont be able to interact with anything or even use any skills on my hotbar, then after about 30 secs I will disconnect.

My ISP is Virginmedia in the UK and I have found multiple threads on their own forums about customers complaining about ESO disconnections.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Response-from-Elder-Scrolls-Online-re-disconnections-on-Virgin/td-p/2876244
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/402584/virgin-media-constant-disconnects-possible-super-hub-issue

The next thing for me to try is to not use the virgin ISP superhub that my ISP provides and buy a different type of router and use my superhub in modem mode see if that fixes the problem but until then, I will play as a none subscriber.
  • dengodadegen
    dengodadegen
    ✭✭
    Yeah same here now, never happened before murkmire though, summerset was okey for me.
    But now i go do whatever really and the whole program collapses or if im lucky i get booted to login screen.

Never had this before so i tought it was my graphics so i ended up tinker with them but nope,its just like im in single player for 30 second and then im outside game again and once back in my characters like 5-6minutes backwards from where i were ( if that makes sense, he never moves in server, just for me before disconnect.)

The npc loads really slowly aswell for me, heard people in zone chat mention this to

Oh, im pc eu and from sweden.
    - If it don't fit don't force it -
    Swedish drummer
  • HUnewearl
    HUnewearl
    Soul Shriven
    I too get constant Disconnects. Especially when I spend a skill point for the 1st time that log in.
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO uses TCP whilst every other online game I can think of uses UDP. The way these two protocols work is vastly different - one (TCP) is more suited to data integrity and the other (UDP) is more suited to things like streaming media. ESO streams your environment to you.

Whilst you may initially think that data integrity was key for ESO, it isn't. Let's put it this way - you are stood in a zone and someone casts a spell. You ned to recieve that information. Both UDP and TCP protocols will get that to you, but with UDP the server will not care if you get it. TCP on the other hand has a 3 way handshake BEFORE you get that information. Also if it doesn't get to you, your computer will request it again. Over the internet packets get lost, and you may end up waiting 1+ second for the information someone cast a spell. This is lag. With UDP, you would just not see it, but it's 'in the past' anyway so what someone did 1 second ago is not a relevant as what they are doing now. The best bit though is your client would not get stuck, or a bit laggy whilst waiting for the TCP packet again. Then start thinking abot the server queueing up your network requests, and then multiply by the thousands playing online.

Game needs to switch to UDP - just like every other MMORPG on the market. There was are good reasons it was chosen by them - cheaper and faster.

There could be a case for TCP to be used for sending your character info to the server, but certainly not for receiving the constant stream of environmental data.

Shortversion - client/server need big code changes. Annoyingly, I think it used to be UDP - back in the day of those massive 300+ people Cyrodiil fights. Those were amazing.
    Edited by aeowulf on October 30, 2018 8:46AM
  • smee_z
    smee_z
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

FYI

Got disconnected 2 in a row today.

November 04, 2018 12:16pm (GMT+8)

Akamai problems?

PC NA

Back in Auriel's Bow 1.0, I have thought that the best way to handicap a faction with the HUGE pop advantage is to temporarily disable their grouping functionality and their ability to fight in 3rd person point of view! Let's see if these do not even up the odds.
  • testd4n1
    testd4n1
    ✭✭✭
    smee_z wrote: »

FYI

Got disconnected 2 in a row today.

November 04, 2018 12:16pm (GMT+8)

Akamai problems?

Xbox NA by any chance. Got disconnected twice in a row two. Half the trial DCed.
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's happening to me, too, on PC NA. I keep getting disconnected. In-game, latency shows as 999+, and most login attempts return "Error 200."
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like this one was just a temporary server hiccup. Looks to be over now. *fingerscrossed*

EDIT: Spoke too soon. Back to lag and DCs.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on November 4, 2018 4:39AM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • smee_z
    smee_z
    ✭✭✭

UPDATE!

Got disconnected again.

November 04, 2018 at 12:37pm (GMT+8)

PC NA

• testd4n1
    testd4n1
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like this one was just a temporary server hiccup. Looks to be over now. *fingerscrossed*

Half the trial DCed again. Wonder what's up.
  • testd4n1
    testd4n1
    ✭✭✭
    smee_z wrote: »

UPDATE!

Got disconnected again.

November 04, 2018 at 12:37pm (GMT+8)

Please state sever and platform. Constant disconnects on Xbox NA on my end. Multiple people.
  • smee_z
    smee_z
    ✭✭✭

UPDATE!

Got disconnected again.

November 04, 2018 at 12:45pm (GMT+8)

PC NA
    Southeast Asia
    PC NA

• shiningforce
    shiningforce
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting constant disconnects. Before Summerset the game ran fine, but after it's launch I've been having nothing but random DC's plagueing my play time. The only reliable catalyst for them seems to be zone transitions, but something as random as learning a style motif can do it as well. Anyone else having these problems, and how can I solve them?

My game is getting Ping spikes for 3-18 seconds. Which freeze my game then my graphics try and catch up and im usually dead, this happens mainly in dungeons and trials. Been happening for 3-5 weeks. Its all over zone chats and guild chats about people have the same issues. Ports all open, modems reset, all drivers updated. Not on my end. Working fine with all over online games. Zenimax please fix the game, its got worse and now so many people are complaining about it.
    -- It is easy to be a Jerk Online; what do you win? Being Kind people remember you, help you, befriend you and you feel good too.
  • Jadax
    Jadax
    ✭✭
    If this was a cosmetic issue they'd shut the server down and bring in a fix straight away lul.

I've been having constant disconnects for days now, my ping also spikes to 999+. I'm in Asia.

Sent in 2 tickets, created a thread here - no reply. Not really surprised, since I've seen other ignored threads here, just never expected it to happen to me.
  • smee_z
    smee_z
    ✭✭✭

UPDATE!

Game stops responding, hanged, swirling animation in the window where the game is rendered.

Have no other choice but to close the game window and get disconnected.

I asked my fellow DC when I got back, they all had the same happen.

November 04, 2018 at 07:41pm (GMT+8)

PC NA
    Southeast Asia
    Edited by smee_z on November 4, 2018 11:52AM
    PC NA

• AWinterWolf
    AWinterWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    The dcing is getting worse, not better. I've been on ESO for two hours, it's dced me no less than five times, regardless of the add-ons I use.
    @AWinterWolf, PC EU.

Main character: Healer, CP 1300+,
    Completed:
    vSS (Ice & Fire HM)
    vMoL Trifecta
    TTT
    vKA HMs
    vBRP
    All Dungeon Trifectas.

Favourite quote:

History is a story written by the victors, who often paint themselves the best of lights.
  • ragnarok6644b14_ESO
    Hey, I'm on NA, connecting from NA, still having major issues even if it's been "resolved." 4 disconnects in 10 minutes.

And then a couple tries before I can get back in.
  • Jadax
    Jadax
    ✭✭
    They definitely screwed something up in the murkmire update, never had this many lag spikes/disconnects - and not only me being affected. Friends in Australia/Canada also get these issues.