PTS Patch Notes v4.1.4

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
0l0otg71iqd6.jpg
The Elder Scrolls Online v4.0.4 is the final incremental PTS patch, and includes a few item set adjustments and general bug fixes. We’ve also made it so you can dodge Rune Cage, and implemented a fairly significant change in that siege weapon damage and effects will no longer proc item sets. We truly appreciate all the feedback and bug reports we’ve received during this PTS cycle. The size of this patch is approximately 104MB.

r1278bzhx5ob.png
  • Fixes & Improvements
    • Summerset
    • Wolfhunter
    • Combat & Gameplay
      • Combat & Abilities
      • Itemization & Item Sets
    • Base Game
      • Crafting & Economy
      • Exploration & Itemization
      • Housing
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    z137s1kltays.jpg

fhzaqblxpbvx.png
    Quests
    • The Dreaming Cave: Fixed an issue where Valsirenn was visible prematurely.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    1yh7zk3h0v7q.jpg

w1tmmcgikeky.png
    Dungeons
    • March of Sacrifices
      • The Perfect Hunt achievement is now only attainable on Veteran difficulty.
      • The Spit ability from the Stranglers during the Balorgh fight now does damage.
    • Moon Hunter Keep
      • Hulking Werewolves do less damage with their Roar ability on Normal difficulty.
      • Ary and Zel will now properly animate when using their Pounce ability.

z9rq9qgimp61.png
    General
    • Fixed an issue where several Wolfhunter achievements were missing icons.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    qvnhofq34kkt.jpg

fpxbbaly4bx7.png
    General
    • Fixed an issue where some passive abilities were not being respecialized out correctly when using the new single skill respec system as a werewolf.

Nightblade
    • Assassination
      • Hemorrhage: Fixed an issue where this ability was granting more Critical Strike Rating than intended.

Sorcerer
    • Dark Magic
      • Rune Cage: This ability and its morphs can now be dodged.

t1q5o8xr0knp.png
    General
    • Siege weapon damage and effects will no longer proc item sets.

Item Sets
    • Durok’s Bane
      • The 5-piece bonus has been adjusted.
      • OLD:
        • 5: When you take damage, you apply Major Defile to the attacker for 4 seconds, reducing their healing received and Health Recovery by 30%. This effect can occur once every 1 second.
      • NEW:
        • 5: When you take damage, you apply Major Defile to the attacker for 4 seconds, reducing their healing received and Health Recovery by 30%. This effect can occur once every 8 seconds per enemy.
    • Ward of Cyrodiil
      • OLD:
        • When you deal melee damage, you apply Major Defile to the enemy for 4 seconds, reducing their healing received and Health Recovery by 30%. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.
      • NEW:
        • When you deal melee damage, you apply Major Defile to the enemy for 3 seconds, reducing their healing received and Health Recovery by 30%. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.
    • Wizard’s Riposte:
      • OLD:
        • When you take Critical Damage you apply Minor Maim to the enemy for 15 seconds, reducing their damage done by 15%.
      • NEW:
        • When you take direct Critical Damage you apply Minor Maim to the enemy for 5 seconds, reducing their damage done by 15%.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    8ljwdqze9cdi.jpg

jcyaauvxyox1.png
    General
    • Fixed an issue causing robes from the Moon Hunter and Hanu's sets to drop in the Breton motif, rather than their correct motif.

febbk4kwakfc.png
    General
    • Fixed an issue where the Beast Personality wasn't visible until you collected it. You can now see the Beast Personality in your Collections menu, even before you've unlocked it (so you can see how to do so!)
    • Fixed an issue if you were observing a player using the Gourd-Gallows Stump Memento, you might see some odd placement of the pumpkin-executioner.

n8rjmkzr3qp0.png
    Furnishings
    • Updated the Summerset Noble's Parlor Pack to include two "Alinor Drapes, Noble" instead of one.
    • Fixed an issue where the Specimen Jars found in the Sinister Hollowjack Items were an opaque black. You can now see the squicky bits inside.
    • Added the missing "Alinor Table, Noble Grand" furnishing to the Summerset Noble's Kitchen Pack.
    • It is now easier to select the "Tree Ferns, Cluster" furnishing.
    • Fixed an issue where some stone items appeared a bit strange when highlighted in the housing editor.

Homes
    • Fixed a number of minor visual issues with water and visible seams between objects in the Grand Psijic Villa.
    • Fixed an issue where the ceiling in the interior space of the Hunter's Glade was not properly joined.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Eshaya
    Eshaya
    Soul Shriven
    Surprised at rune cage's change! But excited nonetheless.
    "Friendship improves happiness, and abates misery, by doubling our joys and dividing our grief."
    – Marcus Tullius Cicero

Eshaya - CP 160+
    Guild Leader
    [XB1][NA] The Glenmoril Coven
  • getemshauna
    getemshauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Class balance changes?
    Founder of Call of the Undaunted
    Youtube Channel
  • Sky_WK
    Sky_WK
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah ok so only nightblades get to have good defile uptime, that fits the ZoS playbook.
    i do not read replies. still playing stamdk for some reason.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Siege weapon damage and effects will no longer proc item sets"

THANK YOU
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What a great patch!
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wizard's Riposte tho :o:o:o:o:o
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still nothing about the removal of the Mount Speed bonus from Cyrodiil's Ward? Come on, please add the Mount Speed bonus back somewhere (Adept Rider is a good candidate...)
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP Wizards Repost
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds good tbf.

Pity that i can no longer pew pew Coldharbour balista + Vicious Death tho, rip :trollface:
    PC|EU
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    qvnhofq34kkt.jpg

Sorcerer
    • Dark Magic
      • Rune Cage: This ability and its morphs can now be dodged.

back to flame reach and master inferno boys was fun while it lasted.

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice changes on Riposte and Durok's Bane. Now if we can just nerf Sload into oblivion (no pun intended) things are starting to look good next patch.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Short notes, but quite a bit in there.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disappointing. But I didn’t expect more, after 4.1.3 expectations weren’t high. Brace yourself for further nerfs with Update 20 while the proc set meta in noCP goes on for another 3 to 4 months. Time to play a Caluurion - Zaan mageBlade or something.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Riposte nerf has me worried. This is just going to push more light armor players back into heavy armor. Being in heavy means we are going to need to rely more on procs to get our damage, since we lose penetration and crit and have to build more sustain. This is just another example of a well-intentioned change to a source of defense that was considered to be overperforming, whose end result will simply be even more tanky players getting kills with Sload's/Caluurion's/Skoria/etc. Great job ZOS.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally Wizard's Riposte is being looked at. Even though it changes nothing at all as long as you attack the target.

And I'm not sure if Defensive rune really needs the same treatment as rune cage. I think defensive rune should remain as it is and only rune cage should be dodgeable.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Class balance changes?

How would you -or anyone else who are on the same side- balance the classes if you were ZoS combat team?

I'm really interested in a solution that doesn't cause more qq in these forums. I'm asking this seriously, how would anyone here balance the classes, making them all happy?

Seems to me like you guys are chasing something that doesn't even exist.
    PC|EU
  • DjMuscleboy02
    DjMuscleboy02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old school RuneScape is pretty lit right now
    Brodor - PC NA - ESO's only pure bodybuilding guild
    Hodor, but stronger
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The forgotten class known as Magden can get a 100% uptime on defile on multiple targets with corrupting pollen... these nerfs to defile sets and ability up times have actually given Magden a unique identity as the defiler subclass in PvP... It’s too bad that this was achieved by taking power from other builds though
    Edited by _Ahala_ on August 6, 2018 3:30PM
  • Fiktius
    Fiktius
    ✭✭✭✭
    We’ve also made it so you can dodge Rune Cage, and implemented a fairly significant change in that siege weapon damage and effects will no longer proc item sets.
    giphy.webp

• XGCAlbatr0ss
    XGCAlbatr0ss
    ✭✭✭
    _Ahala_ wrote: »
    Not true, The forgotten class known as Magden can get a 100% uptime on defile on multiple targets with corrupting pollen... these nerfs to defile sets and ability up times have actually given Magden a unique identity as the defiler subclass in PvP... It’s too bad that this was achieved by taking power from other builds though

This is most certainly true, a nice little boost to see a few magdens out there.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno so Moonhunter set wont be fixed?
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5343535/#Comment_5343535

Just tested on pts and it is now working (without being mentioned in patchnotes).
    And something wrong with tooltip: above - tooltiip ui after proc, below - before:
    moonhunter.png
    Edited by Cinbri on August 6, 2018 4:59PM
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Finally Wizard's Riposte is being looked at. Even though it changes nothing at all as long as you attack the target.

And I'm not sure if Defensive rune really needs the same treatment as rune cage. I think defensive rune should remain as it is and only rune cage should be dodgeable.

Nah I'd keep Defensive Rune the same. Considering its conditions it needs to be undodgeable and unblockable. Having Rune Cage without counterplay was just stupid.
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess we will hear more about the class balance changes in the Murkmire patch... Its actually better that they are spending time perfecting them rather than rushing out disastrous balance changes... While I would have liked to see some small buffs to weak classes in the mean time as a show of good faith, what’s done is done
    Edited by _Ahala_ on August 6, 2018 3:23PM
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 for reinstating Cyrodiil's ward mount speed bonus.
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*]Rune Cage: This ability and its morphs can now be dodged.

So Defensive Rune can now be dodged. This skill isn't even worth back barring for defense now.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All solid changes here IMO.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting