The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Patch Notes v4.1.4

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh Mara, this Wizard's Riposte drama. Nothing changes. All your enemies will still be permanently affected as long as they attack, which they will. The only difference is, that they will not be glowing even 15 seconds after you have died.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    @Joy_Division

I can see that ZOS is scarce on manpower, that they do have open vacancies especially for coders, and that it’s somehow not easy to find someone capable.

What I don’t understand is why they are so adamant on keeping their mantra of big sweeping changes every three months. If you are already short on available staff, why implement big changes that end up taking even more time because you have to clean up the mess.

Why not do small incremental changes each week that take less time? Take DK for example. When was the last time you saw a DK Standard in PvP? I can’t recall either. So, you take the standard, increase its radius by 3m. Then you see if that helped. And with each week you are nearer and nearer to having useful skills if you do one skill per class each week.

That’s how I would do it, but maybe I’m just not having enough insight into the available staff ZOS has.

It's probably best to ask them. They have answered the "why change only ever 3 month" question before on ESO Live and am sure they'd answer that again as it is a relevant question that many people have. From what I understand is less efficient to make constant changes to the Live server, I don't know for sure though.

People may think I'm going out of my way to diminish criticism of ZOS because I'm a rep, but I don't think that fair. I wrote a very specific feedback here criticizing the changes made to Templars, I have flat out admitted Wardens and Sorcerers don't have much at all to look forward to in the next update, and I have maintained the approach on siege is misguided because it absolutely destroys the very people it's supposed to help (inexperienced players not in a "ball group").

All I am trying to say is that the rep program began after much of the stuff for the Werewolf DLC was already worked on. We had some good things changed like defile, snare reduction, and other tweaks. I do agree not enough, but lets see what happens now that the reps and the devs will meet months before the next PTS is even announced. Does that mean we should see stuff related to what people communicated to us, for all the classes, in Update 20? Yes, it should. And, I will agree with the folks who feel left out by the Werewolf DLC that had better happen.

/Clap
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Oh Mara, this Wizard's Riposte drama. Nothing changes. All your enemies will still be permanently affected as long as they attack, which they will. The only difference is, that they will not be glowing even 15 seconds after you have died.

@Dracane the change to Riposte is maddening because Riposte is clearly not the fore-runner of OP sets. It's more of a priority issue than what they did.

I.e. yeah Durok's - ok I get that, even said the cooldown was gonna be increased (they doubled my suggestion tho) but Riposte is like ... Huh?

Changes to the Cyrodiil sets is a 'huh?'

Riposte is not used very much at all anymore.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't chill provide main or I'd that change?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »

@Dracane the change to Riposte is maddening because Riposte is clearly not the fore-runner of OP sets. It's more of a priority issue than what they did.

I.e. yeah Durok's - ok I get that, even said the cooldown was gonna be increased (they doubled my suggestion tho) but Riposte is like ... Huh?

Changes to the Cyrodiil sets is a 'huh?'

Riposte is not used very much at all anymore.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't chill provide main or I'd that change?

Yes, Riposte is used all the time. I encounter it more often than I encounter sloads and it's infuriating how long this debuff lasts. And you are correct, chill and maim are the same effects.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Last minute opinions. Buffs, pretty weak. Not targetting nearly enough and mainly just QoL. Warden got near nothing, DK and temp should have happened ages ago, and are pretty low tier changes, sorc got screwed a little. NB got a large QoL in stealth.

Nerfs: Overall kind of happy. Could have gone further with sloads, but for the first time in a long time they have targetted the counterless and high effectiveness Xvx standouts. Snares, defiles, sloads (kind of) super easy riposte, rune and incap. They should go further on this.

Maj/min snare. Defile calculation change. Cost poisons. Healbots. Bleeds (to an extent)

My main thought is probably: The poor implementation of proc sets. Like master weapons, proc sets are meant to bolster a certain playstyle but instead just give near free RNG damage and lose effectiveness vs large groups. More challenging procs that involve the playstyle it bolsters, and with more effect to those who edit their style to benefit from it.

Imagine if zaan had a prerequisite to stay within 5m of a player for 10s and break its LOS, so you could proc it vs multiple, and at the same time easily prevent its proc.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Beruge
    Beruge
    ✭✭✭
    Once again, class changes are not there. Let me guess, next chapter or DLC will be the class combat change one? When have I heard this before...

Thats how its been rolling since one tamriel.
    My youtube channel: Beruge Casualgaming
  • Beruge
    Beruge
    ✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    can we get an explanation for the wizards nerf..I don't recall anybody calling for it let alone calling for it to be scrapped

Well i play a magplar with wizards, and magplars can't have nice things. I guess thats all
    My youtube channel: Beruge Casualgaming
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fiktius wrote: »
    We’ve also made it so you can dodge Rune Cage, and implemented a fairly significant change in that siege weapon damage and effects will no longer proc item sets.
    giphy.webp

Hold your horses with that GIF, Sload is still yet to be nerfed into oblivion!
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beruge wrote: »
    Once again, class changes are not there. Let me guess, next chapter or DLC will be the class combat change one? When have I heard this before...

Thats how its been rolling since one tamriel.

Been this way for even longer. Lawl. As far as IC for class balance delays.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Quaffio
    Quaffio
    ✭✭
    Can we like...not nerf the abilities needed for pvp?
    Snare duration nerf
    Defile duration nerf
    Basically anything that was needed for pvp got nerfed...
    Stop with this BS "forcing the zerg" mentality for pvp, it's getting annoying.
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why does ZOS punish Stam Sorcs becuase of Mag Sorcs ? Defensive rune was defensive against snipers and other classes in a way to maintain resources.

Nobody was complaining about defensive rune besides the snipers that couldn't lag snipe us. The fact that this was changed is insane. Stam Sorcs keep getting the penalized, becuase of Mag sorcs.

And class reps this is disappointing news. Id love an explanation why this was implemented for defensive rune.
    Edited by WeylandLabs on August 12, 2018 11:08PM
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All very good changes this patch. Though sadly the overall class balance is still a sad mess, and stamDK/stamplar are still in their sad, broken state , sitting right where you guys left them back in morrowind.

Stamplar and stam DK broken ? Good luck.
  • HappyElephant
    HappyElephant
    ✭✭✭
    Is this patch notes for 4.1.4 or 4.0.4?

Please correct the mistake.

• absolvo77
    absolvo77
    Soul Shriven
    code65536 wrote: »
    Still nothing about the removal of the Mount Speed bonus from Cyrodiil's Ward? Come on, please add the Mount Speed bonus back somewhere (Adept Rider is a good candidate...)

SERIOUSLY? I bought GOLD Cyrodiil's Ward neck and rings. I then proceeded to spend 150 TRANSMUTE STONES to make my jewelry "Swift". I WANTED fast jewelry. Now all I have is some gold jewelry the I can't decon because I bought it BEFORE the JC patch and lost 150 stones on! What a freaking waste of SO many hours of MY play time. THANK YOU ZOS for showing that you don't need to simply nerf items. You can always give everyone the finger and remove a NON COMBAT buff altogether. Whats the point of farming ANY gear? I don't mind the nerf bat now and then but to straight up remove the ONLY reason a person got the gear in the first place is shady as hell. What it tells me is that ZOS wants players wasting more of their lives on farming junk. Movement speed is one of the best ways to hurt a players ability to make money and upgrade gear. Take it away and you FORCE them to plod along as fast or slow as you ALLOW. Most players don't want to farm until they have a stroke from sitting at their desk farming for weeks. All you do by GUTTING Cyrodiil's Ward is show people that you can and will rip the guts out of whatever set you please whenever you please.
    Edited by absolvo77 on September 11, 2018 9:51PM
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    absolvo77 wrote: »
    code65536 wrote: »
    Still nothing about the removal of the Mount Speed bonus from Cyrodiil's Ward? Come on, please add the Mount Speed bonus back somewhere (Adept Rider is a good candidate...)

SERIOUSLY? I bought GOLD Cyrodiil's Ward neck and rings. I then proceeded to spend 150 TRANSMUTE STONES to make my jewelry "Swift". I WANTED fast jewelry. Now all I have is some gold jewelry the I can't decon because I bought it BEFORE the JC patch and lost 150 stones on! What a freaking waste of SO many hours of MY play time. THANK YOU ZOS for showing that you don't need to simply nerf items. You can always give everyone the finger and remove a NON COMBAT buff altogether. Whats the point of farming ANY gear? I don't mind the nerf bat now and then but to straight up remove the ONLY reason a person got the gear in the first place is shady as hell. What it tells me is that ZOS wants players wasting more of their lives on farming junk. Movement speed is one of the best ways to hurt a players ability to make money and upgrade gear. Take it away and you FORCE them to plod along as fast or slow as you ALLOW. Most players don't want to farm until they have a stroke from sitting at their desk farming for weeks. All you do by GUTTING Cyrodiil's Ward is show people that you can and will rip the guts out of whatever set you please whenever you please.
    Gear changes periodically, and we eat it in the process when it does.

It sucks, sure, but it's the nature of the beast.

You can be upset about the stones, but not so much about the gold jewelry (esp if you were simply running 3 pc), as the buff you were going for didn't change with item quality.

If this is the only set you've ever had to eat, consider yourself vastly fortunate.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Merlin13KAGL WHY WOULD YOU BUMP THIS ON A NATCH POTES DAY!?!? AMGABARABARAAAA....

Yes I totally was like "THEY'RE HEREee... that's an old one." :cry:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    @Merlin13KAGL WHY WOULD YOU BUMP THIS ON A NATCH POTES DAY!?!? AMGABARABARAAAA....

Yes I totally was like "THEY'RE HEREee... that's an old one." :cry:

*Hangs head*

To be fair, I blame the guy above me (not you, the original guy above me).

If it makes you feel any better, it pulled me in the same way it did you. :(

No more bumping, I promise!
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS