The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

PTS Patch Notes v4.1.4

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeezye wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    Feanor wrote: »
    Wow Wizards was over-nerfed. Now it requires DIRECT critical damage AND it had it's time reduced by 66%. All for a set that wasnt in any of the best builds.

Well, you can wear a crappy 5pc now to get your minor maim. Or be a Nightblade and just cast Dark Image. Choose wisely.

Or use that fail coded Elemental weapons. It has like a 70% chance to proc chill and only a 20% chance to proc burning and 10% to proc concussion. This is not made up, elemental weapon almost exclusively procs the frost effects. Which is why it's so trashy from a dps perspective.

@Dracane did you test this? This would actually make it very interesting for my frostmage build and root uptime!

@Feanor
    Yes, I promise you this is true. I am using elemental weapons since Summerset came out. I can asure you it procs mostly chilled and rarely burning or almost never concussed.
    Edited by Dracane on August 6, 2018 5:56PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I guess one person QQing about Wizard's Riposte was enough for ZOS to nerf it into the ground?

There goes the only defensive option a light armor magplar had.

Guess it's time to be that guy and wear Sload's in heavy impen, since no proper nerf has been given for it.

(Inb4 anyone says that I probably backbarred WR, I actually have it on both bars on live, and this new "item set improvement" is still a huge, unnecessary nerf)
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    All very good changes this patch. Though sadly the overall class balance is still a sad mess, and stamDK/stamplar are still in their sad, broken state , sitting right where you guys left them back in morrowind.

Idk about stamplar being broken. Dw bleed, power of the light, jab, dawnbreaker beam seems to be over performing... but idk maybe I'm wrong?

Beam? That's only mag. Jabs you have to just side step

So steel tornado which is aoe undodgable then.

That is avaliable to all stam who use dw. Your point?
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Feanor You may think it's just rng or bad luck. But no, all tests are the same.
    As you can see, 27 chill procs, 13 burning procs (each burning proc does 3 damage ticks which results in 33 instances. Still only 13 procs) and merely 9 concussion procs. And I got really lucky with the burning procs here. Chill is always almost twice the amount of burning and shock. The result vs players is the same.

odcbym5ha51d.png
    Edited by Dracane on August 6, 2018 6:06PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Sorcerer
    Dark Magic
    Rune Cage: This ability and its morphs can now be dodged."

This is not a nerf to sorc, its a buff to stam builds.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Feanor You may think it's just rng or bad luck. But no, all tests are the same.
    As you can see, 27 chill procs, 13 burning procs (each burning proc does 3 damage ticks which results in 33 instances. Still only 13 procs) and merely 9 concussion procs. And I got really lucky with the burning procs here. Chill is always almost twice the amount of burning and shock. The result vs players is the same.

odcbym5ha51d.png

Makes me so happy to be a Nord!
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All very good changes this patch. Though sadly the overall class balance is still a sad mess, and stamDK/stamplar are still in their sad, broken state , sitting right where you guys left them back in morrowind.

Idk about stamplar being broken. Dw bleed, power of the light, jab, dawnbreaker beam seems to be over performing... but idk maybe I'm wrong?

No stam class has a reason to cry buffs. GG
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not a single WW adjustment all PTS? Okay. Well, it’s been fun. Take care for probably ever and no you can’t have my stuff.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

odcbym5ha51d.png

Makes me so happy to be a Nord!

@Joy_Division
    You think ;) You will be surprised how many tests I have made.
    You can never be immune to elemental weapons. No matter how much frost resistance you have, you will still get chilled 100% of the time and also, elemental weapons is the only thing in the game that can simply proc its elemental status effects on damage shields.

You can also set Dunmer on fire for that matter.
    Edited by Dracane on August 6, 2018 6:20PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about this: When mag DK is using Reflective Plate and shoots back the missile type sorc shoot at him still gets caught in defensive rune, it makes no sense to be punished like that with our costly skill... 3,5k magicka wasted just so we can get caught in another kind of CC... The balance in PvP is not existing at all, you can try fixing all you want it will still be a mess and will take years before you can fix it at this speed...
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    100% uptime on a backbar set was pretty broken, and in a large fight the long duration guarenteed you basically ended up with minor maim all the time unless you could pick up a purge or. For those who double-bar the set, it will still be up near 100% while in combat. It's a fair change.

That said, I think a better change for this set would be to have the 5 sec duration AND give it a cooldown, but have it proc Major Maim. This would be a great set for templars who have trouble switching defense to offense. When the set procs, you have an opening of hugely reduced damage during which you can pressure your opponent.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was hoping for a bit more in terms of class balancing and especially werewolf, but whatever. Great to see defile finally being tuned down a bit. Maybe there is a point in playing PvP healer again. =)
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And why not?
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Annnnnnnnd magic wardens go another 4 months without a class stun, execute, or efficient/effective spammable. AWESOME!!!!!

Welcome to mag DK world mate, all DK welcome Mag Wardens with open arms to this kind of treatment, though you have at leats 1 skill giving u possibility of execution even though it is absolute garbage in PVP. TBH I can't imagine my mag DK run in cyrodil without ulti generator like Blood Spawn, as I treat my ultis as execution. But hey if you ever get proper execute be kind and support DK <3
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gravord wrote: »
    Rune Cage still need to be reduced down to 3s duration. Any target caught without stamina with 5s hard cc is guarantee free kill. Which means you can drop 2-3 rune cage on magicka users and on that second or third reapply they are done. Hardly balanced gameplay.

Don't run out of stamina.
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    Not a single WW adjustment all PTS? Okay. Well, it’s been fun. Take care for probably ever and no you can’t have my stuff.

Where have you been? There's been plenty of WW adjustments this patch. That's what this update is all about.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And why not?

You're kidding right?
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jamdarius wrote: »
    How about this: When mag DK is using Reflective Plate and shoots back the missile type sorc shoot at him still gets caught in defensive rune, it makes no sense to be punished like that with our costly skill... 3,5k magicka wasted just so we can get caught in another kind of CC... The balance in PvP is not existing at all, you can try fixing all you want it will still be a mess and will take years before you can fix it at this speed...

With that logic, sorcs waste magicka every time they cast a shield, which is at least every 6 seconds. Costly skill? Lol, healing and harness cost around 4k and hardened ward costs around 3k, so if you're only running 2, you're spending about 7k magicka just to not die. If you don't think Wings is good, then don't use it. The skill is already cancerous to fight against, so the less people running it, the better.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Annnnnnnnd magic wardens go another 4 months without a class stun, execute, or efficient/effective spammable. AWESOME!!!!!

Welcome to mag DK world mate, all DK welcome Mag Wardens with open arms to this kind of treatment, though you have at leats 1 skill giving u possibility of execution even though it is absolute garbage in PVP. TBH I can't imagine my mag DK run in cyrodil without ulti generator like Blood Spawn, as I treat my ultis as execution. But hey if you ever get proper execute be kind and support DK <3

Mag dks are in a great place. Especially after the buff to reflective plate. They dont need an execute, they deal constant pressure.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

They have good damage , but stamplar sustain is broken.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on August 6, 2018 6:44PM
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Nice changes on Riposte and Durok's Bane. Now if we can just nerf Sload into oblivion (no pun intended) things are starting to look good next patch.

I was running with sload for some time on live. Even in current state it's weak set, won't go back to it. It was good only to finish 2% hp MagSorcs that haven't used any type of healing beside of healing ward. That's all (I don't count pulling out of stealth as it is bug... and just because of it being fixed more than a half of the sload users will drop this set). So yup, nerf it to the ground it was bad anyway and soon meta will shift somewhere else...
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mag dks are in a great place. Especially after the buff to reflective plate. They dont need an execute, they deal constant pressure.

Yeah, everyone and their cousin is going to be running one this next patch.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good natch potes!

Anyone have the dancing Gina parrot gif?
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Have you tested their sustain in the PTS? Burning light restores stamina now
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanthras79 wrote: »
    Good natch potes!

Anyone have the dancing Gina parrot gif?

Found it!

KFTMipZ.gif
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And why not?

You're kidding right?

No, not every stam uses dual wield or let me clarify. Despite lethal arrow, bow builds need a small buff.
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    The Riposte nerf has me worried. This is just going to push more light armor players back into heavy armor. Being in heavy means we are going to need to rely more on procs to get our damage, since we lose penetration and crit and have to build more sustain. This is just another example of a well-intentioned change to a source of defense that was considered to be overperforming, whose end result will simply be even more tanky players getting kills with Sload's/Caluurion's/Skoria/etc. Great job ZOS.

Only the people that are bad at wearing light armor will go back to heavy. Ive never used reposte and i have no problem surviving in light armor on my magden, magnb, or mag sorc. Cant really speak for the other clases though.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »

Hmm? That wasn't in any of the patch notes.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the change to Rune Cage mean that we can expect things like Petrify to become dodgeable as well? I still don't understand the Rune Cage outrage, and I'd be a bit annoyed if DKs were negatively affected by this change as well. I think having a strong counter to dodge-roll spammers is important, since otherwise those builds will become out of control again.

Also, I wish you'd reverse your decision to make Steel Tornado undodgeable. I think it's way too powerful for that. Just look at the vast majority of stam builds right now, they're using it..

I don't actually mind the fact that your active dodgeroll can counter stuns, but my problem lies with the passive dodge that abilities like Evasion gives you. The reason why I think it's bad, is because you don't have to do anything but activate the ability and suddenly you just completely negate the damage of attacks without actively doing anything.
    Edited by Saturn on August 6, 2018 7:23PM
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    Daus wrote: »

Hmm? That wasn't in any of the patch notes.

You're right. It must have been in the class rep meeting notes. Shame, that would've been nice.