The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v4.1.4

• Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheHsN wrote: »

Ok for rune cage and others

BUT,

For Wizards Riposte...Again i take off long time....Enough of those nerfs....i cant cry to nerf to others like OTHERS....
    Spend hundred thosands of GOLDs and MATs for my 4 characters to Wizard Riposte.

U took;

Shields
    cyrstal fragments
    streak
    Rune Cage

not enough nerfs on SORC now what its gears u start to nerf...
    i take off for another 6 months and cancel my sub till u fix these ...

Srry mate, but anyone will miss u in such case.
    We tired of "masters of one class", who defend only their "sorc/blade/tank/sload-playstyle".
    The irony is, it's in 70% of cases are magesorcerers with a very obvious reason - this class is overpowered and easy to play during a very long period with a very strong and narrow-minded lobby.
    Most sorc-funs can't play other classes because feel it's too complicated and hard for themselves.
    Maelstrom arena reveals this in it's full beauty.

No one cares if u like the change, because it improve gameplay in general.
    Classes balance is the key.
    Try another classes, learn the game to understand why these changes done and stop cry without reasons.
    Sorc is and will be very strong option if u skilled.
    Edited by Anethum on August 7, 2018 11:36AM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • mojomood
    mojomood
    ✭✭✭
    templesus wrote: »

On that same note, Magicka players don’t have to use their main stat pool for break free, dodge roll, or block.

A magicka player uses the rest of his stam to break free: he can still shield/heal

A stamina player uses the rest of his stam to break free: he can’t do anything afterwards

It goes both ways. The system is balanced and no they should not change it.

Any mag player in PvP will tell you that the majority of their deaths come when they run out of stamina, not magicka.
    You can't shield/heal when you can't break free. Maybe you meant immobilized, but if you are stunned or knocked back and needing to break free, you can't cast skills.
    Stamina players have access to massively reduced cost on dodge/break free either from armor passives and skills. So a base break free will cost the average mag player 40% of their stamina in CP and 50%+ in No CP, but that percentage to a stam player with the reduced cost is 10% to 15%. Since the poison is a percentage, the poisoned cost comparison is 55-70% for mag vs 13-20% for stam. It's a huge difference.

@ZOS_GinaBruno cost poisons should NOT affect stamina movement mechanics (break free/dodge) because of the massive penalty to magicka players.
    Edited by mojomood on August 7, 2018 11:36AM
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Anethum , I'll be the devil's advocate and say that nothing's wrong with being "master of one class". The person likes their choice, maybe because of playstyle (someone likes caster archetype, someone came to the game to play stabby stealthy types), maybe because of lore, or both. Those are all good reasons. Class balance shouldn't force anyone to "play another class", it should let one excel with their class of choice too if they're a good player. I can understand that some changes are needed, but on another hand it may be bad if they lead to having no counterplay against dodge and stealth.

(Then again, I'm not partial to PvP playstyles. As someone who's mainly playing stamina DK, damage in PvE, with Wolfhunter update I'm getting a philosophical outlook on things - probably the only way to make things worse for me now is to nerf emotes. ^^)
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Anethum , I'll be the devil's advocate and say that nothing's wrong with being "master of one class". The person likes their choice, maybe because of playstyle (someone likes caster archetype, someone came to the game to play stabby stealthy types), maybe because of lore, or both. Those are all good reasons. Class balance shouldn't force anyone to "play another class", it should let one excel with their class of choice too if they're a good player. I can understand that some changes are needed, but on another hand it may be bad if they lead to having no counterplay against dodge and stealth.

(Then again, I'm not partial to PvP playstyles. As someone who's mainly playing stamina DK, damage in PvE, with Wolfhunter update I'm getting a philosophical outlook on things - probably the only way to make things worse for me now is to nerf emotes. ^^)

It's not bad if such master's doesn't lobby the overpowering of their class.
    With their total incompetence in these questions, class balance become to be unreal dream.
    @Anethum from .ua
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    Baz wrote: »
    Sorcerer
    • Dark Magic
      • Rune Cage: This ability and its morphs can now be dodged.

StamNB rolly polly god mode now, gg zos.

Cast meteor and wait for the rolly polly to block then cast Rune Cage.

This guy @Ankael07 has got it :cold_sweat:

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Zippy81
    Zippy81
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Still nothing about the removal of the Mount Speed bonus from Cyrodiil's Ward? Come on, please add the Mount Speed bonus back somewhere (Adept Rider is a good candidate...)

I definitely agree with you. That Mount Speed bonus will be missed by me as I looked for the Cyrodiil's Ward set only to get that 3 piece bonus in specific situations like fast movement on the map in Cyro or when I'm simply getting my surveys and maps in PVE areas.
    Kind regards,
    Zippy
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Universe wrote: »
    qvnhofq34kkt.jpg

fpxbbaly4bx7.png
    General

Sorcerer
    • Dark Magic

t1q5o8xr0knp.png
    General
    • Siege weapon damage and effects will no longer proc item sets.

Item Sets
    • Durok’s Bane
      • The 5-piece bonus has been adjusted.
      • OLD:
        • 5: When you take damage, you apply Major Defile to the attacker for 4 seconds, reducing their healing received and Health Recovery by 30%. This effect can occur once every 1 second.
      • NEW:
        • 5: When you take damage, you apply Major Defile to the attacker for 4 seconds, reducing their healing received and Health Recovery by 30%. This effect can occur once every 8 seconds per enemy.
    • Ward of Cyrodiil
      • OLD:
        • When you deal melee damage, you apply Major Defile to the enemy for 4 seconds, reducing their healing received and Health Recovery by 30%. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.
      • NEW:
        • When you deal melee damage, you apply Major Defile to the enemy for 3 seconds, reducing their healing received and Health Recovery by 30%. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.
    • Wizard’s Riposte:
      • OLD:
        • When you take Critical Damage you apply Minor Maim to the enemy for 15 seconds, reducing their damage done by 15%.
      • NEW:
        • When you take direct Critical Damage you apply Minor Maim to the enemy for 5 seconds, reducing their damage done by 15%.

Nerfing rune cage was necessary.
    Though making it dodgeable will not resolve how effective it is.
    Since it has instant cast time and no visual projectile effect, the player won't be able to react in time to dodge.
    This change is only making the ability less useful against already dodging targets.

Siege weapons really shouldn't have proc item sets from the beginning, so this change is much welcomed :)

Durok's Bane was OP and was used by ball groups/farming groups in Cyrodiil.
    This is a good change.
    No longer they will apply major defile to all players with very high uptime :)

Ward of Cyrodiil 3 pieces bonus of 15% mounted speed will be missed.
    Please consider adding this bonus to other set.
    If you are worried that it can give an advantage in the mounted battleground/s, you can always make it so that the bonus will not apply while in this type of location.

I agree the change to Wizard Riposte was needed.
    The uptime of Minor Maim was too high.

In conclusion, I see a few fine combat balance changes, but you didn't address many issues, such as:
    1) Many item sets are still OP, such as:
    a. Sload - The change you made will not be enough. This set will still wreak havoc in PVP.

b. Shield Breaker - This set needs a cooldown of 2-3 seconds to it's 5 pieces set bonus.
    Old:
    5 items: When you deal damage with a Light or Heavy Attack against a Player with a damage shield, you deal an additional 25-2150 Oblivion Damage to them.
    New:
    5 items: When you deal damage with a Light or Heavy Attack against a Player with a damage shield, you deal an additional 25-2150 Oblivion Damage to them. This effect can occur once every 2 seconds.

c. Zaan - This set will still be very strong despite the range to break the beam was reduced by 2 meters.
    I propose the following change:
    Old:
    (2 items) When you damage a nearby enemy with a Light or Heavy Attack, you have a 20% chance to create a beam of fire that will connect you to your enemy. The beam deals 3440 Flame Damage every 1 second to your enemy for 5 seconds. Every second, this damage increases by 50%. The beam is broken if the enemy moves 8 meters away from you. This effect can occur every 18 seconds.
    New:
    (2 items) When you damage a nearby enemy with a Light or Heavy Attack, you have a 8% chance to create a beam of fire that will connect you to your enemy. The beam deals 3440 Flame Damage every 1 second to your enemy for 5 seconds. Every second, this damage increases by 40%. The beam is broken if the enemy moves 8 meters away from you. This effect can occur every 20 seconds. This effect can't be applied to an enemy who is already effected by a zaan beam.
    d. Many other item sets, not making this post TLDR.

2) OP abilities or lack of appropriate abilities:
    a. Eye of the storm - Since there is no longer AOE caps(long time now), this ability is being spammed by ball groups/farming groups in Cyrodiil.
    The ability is the best for farming ap since it is too strong and it stacks.
    When I see groups spamming this ability, it makes me believe that pvp is all about this ultimate ability(which is really a shame).
    You wanted diversity and not 1 shot ability and forget it, so please make this ultimate ability less strong.
    Players shouldn't be farmed due to this OP ability.
    Forget the run away and get out of the storm mentality, we need only 2 storms active at a location to give it more counter play.
    If many... storms are active at a location = nuclear bomb version of Cyrodiil = nothing survives.
    Eye of the Storm: Target: Area.
    Old:
    Create a cataclysmic storm above you that builds for 2 seconds then lays waste to all enemies nearby, dealing [1459 / 1476 / 1491 / 1508] Magic Damage every 1 second for 7 seconds.
    New:
    Create a cataclysmic storm above you that builds for 2 seconds then lays waste to all enemies nearby, dealing [1459 / 1476 / 1491 / 1508] Magic Damage every 1 second for 7 seconds. There can only be 2 storms active in the same area.

b. Reflective Scale and it's morphs - This ability is too strong and makes the magicka Dragonknight able to reflect far too many projectiles.
    If you ever seen a fight between a sorcerer/other class/build which fires projectiles and a magicka Dragonknight, you probably noticed that 90% of projectiles are being reflected.
    I suggest the following:
    Dragon Fire Scale(morph example) -
    Old:
    Cost: [4050 / 3960 / 3870 / 3780] Magicka.
    Flex your scales, reflecting up to 4 projectiles for 6 seconds. The reflected projectiles deal [20 / 25 / 30 / 35]% additional damage to the attacker.
    New:
    Cost: [4450 / 4360 / 4270 / 4180] Magicka.
    Flex your scales, reflecting up to 4 projectiles for 4 seconds. The reflected projectiles deal [15 / 20 / 25 / 30]% additional damage to the attacker.

c. Steel Tornado - While I understand you wanted to make this ability undodgeable, this resulted in it being too strong, especially in PVP.
    It is being spammed by groups in Cyrodiil and it is even became very good for solo gameplay.
    I suggest the following:
    Old:
    Steel Tornado: Radius: 9 meters.
    Launch yourself into a lethal spin, dealing [974 / 985 / 995 / 1006] Physical Damage to nearby enemies. Deals up to 100% more damage to enemies based on each percentage of their missing Health.
    New:
    Steel Tornado: Radius: 7 meters.
    Launch yourself into a lethal spin, dealing [974 / 985 / 995 / 1006] Physical Damage to nearby enemies. Deals up to 70% more damage to enemies based on each percentage of their missing Health.

d. Stamina Nightblade lack of defensive ability against projectiles/incoming damage unless using the expensive cloak(which not all want to use, especially for players who want to play in-your-face kind of gameplay, no stealth).

e. Magicka Warden lack of defensive/CC ability/abilities and appropriate damage. Stamina Wardens are super strong, but their fellow magicka Wardens are far behind.

f.list goes on, no TLDR.

3. There are many exploits/bugs which needs to be fixed. I will not detail them all here so others may not exploit them.
    A vague hint to one of the locations which a huge exploit needs an urgent fix: Imperial City.
    Please fix it and many other exploits.

4. CC immunity and roots immunity are not reliable - There are many occasions which double/triple/more break free is required to break the stun.
    one example: Dragonknight roots being applied when petrify was already applied. Breaking free of this stun+roots glitch requires 4 times breaking free and then dodge roll.

5. Cyrodiil performance - How can anyone enjoy PVP if the game client crash so many times, there is very high latency and low fps most of the time ?
    The answer is that playing in Cyrodiil is not as enjoyable as it used to be.
    It is not fun when reaching a large scale fight area and then the game crash or there is 500+ latency and it's not possible to react in time while in combat.

6. Bombing in Cyrodiil - This is too easy since there is no aoe caps.
    Please adjust abilities and make it so that it will be harder to execute.
    1/2 players killing 30 players in 1 second is broken pvp in my book.

7. Overland PVE areas - The difficulty is set to easy.

Please add more health to mobs and increase their damage.

8. Bots - Botting is still very common and many bots can be found all over Tamriel.
    Negative effects of botting:
    a.The bots are killing monsters/npcs that are needed for quests.
    b. Make the game less enjoyable for players who adventure and farm by normal means(no botting).
    c. The bots masters reduce the cost of items in the game while making huge amount of in-game gold and/or real life currency gains by exploits.
    d. Guild masters who buy gold from the bots masters are cheating the system and are able to outbid other guilds when bidding on guild traders. The average bid amounts on most popular guild traders are higher due to bots.
    e. etc.
    Please add an efficient auto detect+ban system through the code.

9. Other issues - There are other issues. Please solve the above issues first.

Lol.
    Love the buff nb part.
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    Neoauspex wrote: »
    RIP Wizards Repost

Wizard's RIPoste.

@#$&ing autocorrect
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Let's see what happens now. B)
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whelp, back are the days of counterless yo yo heals to favor tanky and dodgy characters. durok's was a solid counter to premade DK/Templar groups that would turtle heal in their four man, but going to be pretty rough given defile's low uptime now.

Meanwhile non-directional heals are going to be have a longer heal DOT and troll king is still a 10 second buff, longer than any major defile. So build or farm up!
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    qvnhofq34kkt.jpg

fpxbbaly4bx7.png
    General

Sorcerer
    • Dark Magic

t1q5o8xr0knp.png
    General
    • Siege weapon damage and effects will no longer proc item sets.

Item Sets
    • Durok’s Bane
      • OLD:
        • 5: When you take damage, you apply Major Defile to the attacker for 4 seconds, reducing their healing received and Health Recovery by 30%. This effect can occur once every 1 second.
      • NEW:
        • 5: When you take damage, you apply Major Defile to the attacker for 4 seconds, reducing their healing received and Health Recovery by 30%. This effect can occur once every 8 seconds per enemy.
    • Ward of Cyrodiil
      • OLD:
        • When you deal melee damage, you apply Major Defile to the enemy for 4 seconds, reducing their healing received and Health Recovery by 30%. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.
      • NEW:
        • When you deal melee damage, you apply Major Defile to the enemy for 3 seconds, reducing their healing received and Health Recovery by 30%. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.
    • Wizard’s Riposte:
      • OLD:
        • When you take Critical Damage you apply Minor Maim to the enemy for 15 seconds, reducing their damage done by 15%.
      • NEW:
        • When you take direct Critical Damage you apply Minor Maim to the enemy for 5 seconds, reducing their damage done by 15%.

Nerfing rune cage was necessary.
    Though making it dodgeable will not resolve how effective it is.
    Since it has instant cast time and no visual projectile effect, the player won't be able to react in time to dodge.
    This change is only making the ability less useful against already dodging targets.

Siege weapons really shouldn't have proc item sets from the beginning, so this change is much welcomed :)

Durok's Bane was OP and was used by ball groups/farming groups in Cyrodiil.
    This is a good change.
    No longer they will apply major defile to all players with very high uptime :)

Ward of Cyrodiil 3 pieces bonus of 15% mounted speed will be missed.
    Please consider adding this bonus to other set.
    If you are worried that it can give an advantage in the mounted battleground/s, you can always make it so that the bonus will not apply while in this type of location.

I agree the change to Wizard Riposte was needed.
    The uptime of Minor Maim was too high.

In conclusion, I see a few fine combat balance changes, but you didn't address many issues, such as:
    1) Many item sets are still OP, such as:
    a. Sload - The change you made will not be enough. This set will still wreak havoc in PVP.

b. Shield Breaker - This set needs a cooldown of 2-3 seconds to it's 5 pieces set bonus.
    Old:
    5 items: When you deal damage with a Light or Heavy Attack against a Player with a damage shield, you deal an additional 25-2150 Oblivion Damage to them.
    New:
    5 items: When you deal damage with a Light or Heavy Attack against a Player with a damage shield, you deal an additional 25-2150 Oblivion Damage to them. This effect can occur once every 2 seconds.

c. Zaan - This set will still be very strong despite the range to break the beam was reduced by 2 meters.
    Old:
    (2 items) When you damage a nearby enemy with a Light or Heavy Attack, you have a 20% chance to create a beam of fire that will connect you to your enemy. The beam deals 3440 Flame Damage every 1 second to your enemy for 5 seconds. Every second, this damage increases by 50%. The beam is broken if the enemy moves 8 meters away from you. This effect can occur every 18 seconds.
    New:
    (2 items) When you damage a nearby enemy with a Light or Heavy Attack, you have a 8% chance to create a beam of fire that will connect you to your enemy. The beam deals 3440 Flame Damage every 1 second to your enemy for 5 seconds. Every second, this damage increases by 40%. The beam is broken if the enemy moves 8 meters away from you. This effect can occur every 20 seconds. This effect can't be applied to an enemy who is already effected by a zaan beam.
    d. Many other item sets, not making this post TLDR.

2) OP abilities or lack of appropriate abilities:
    a. Eye of the storm - Since there is no longer AOE caps(long time now), this ability is being spammed by ball groups/farming groups in Cyrodiil.
    The ability is the best for farming ap since it is too strong and it stacks.
    When I see groups spamming this ability, it makes me believe that pvp is all about this ultimate ability(which is really a shame).
    You wanted diversity and not 1 shot ability and forget it, so please make this ultimate ability less strong.
    Players shouldn't be farmed due to this OP ability.
    Forget the run away and get out of the storm mentality, we need only 2 storms active at a location to give it more counter play.
    If many... storms are active at a location = nuclear bomb version of Cyrodiil = nothing survives.
    Eye of the Storm: Target: Area.
    Old:
    Create a cataclysmic storm above you that builds for 2 seconds then lays waste to all enemies nearby, dealing [1459 / 1476 / 1491 / 1508] Magic Damage every 1 second for 7 seconds.
    New:
    Create a cataclysmic storm above you that builds for 2 seconds then lays waste to all enemies nearby, dealing [1459 / 1476 / 1491 / 1508] Magic Damage every 1 second for 7 seconds. There can only be 2 storms active in the same area.

b. Reflective Scale and it's morphs - This ability is too strong and makes the magicka Dragonknight able to reflect far too many projectiles.
    If you ever seen a fight between a sorcerer/other class/build which fires projectiles and a magicka Dragonknight, you probably noticed that 90% of projectiles are being reflected.
    I suggest the following:
    Dragon Fire Scale(morph example) -
    Old:
    Cost: [4050 / 3960 / 3870 / 3780] Magicka.
    Flex your scales, reflecting up to 4 projectiles for 6 seconds. The reflected projectiles deal [20 / 25 / 30 / 35]% additional damage to the attacker.
    New:
    Cost: [4450 / 4360 / 4270 / 4180] Magicka.
    Flex your scales, reflecting up to 4 projectiles for 4 seconds. The reflected projectiles deal [15 / 20 / 25 / 30]% additional damage to the attacker.

c. Steel Tornado - While I understand you wanted to make this ability undodgeable, this resulted in it being too strong, especially in PVP.
    It is being spammed by groups in Cyrodiil and it is even became very good for solo gameplay.
    I suggest the following:
    Old:
    Steel Tornado: Radius: 9 meters.
    Launch yourself into a lethal spin, dealing [974 / 985 / 995 / 1006] Physical Damage to nearby enemies. Deals up to 100% more damage to enemies based on each percentage of their missing Health.
    New:
    Steel Tornado: Radius: 7 meters.
    Launch yourself into a lethal spin, dealing [974 / 985 / 995 / 1006] Physical Damage to nearby enemies. Deals up to 70% more damage to enemies based on each percentage of their missing Health.

d. Stamina Nightblade lack of defensive ability against projectiles/incoming damage unless using the expensive cloak(which not all want to use, especially for players who want to play in-your-face kind of gameplay, no stealth).

e. Magicka Warden lack of defensive/CC ability/abilities and appropriate damage. Stamina Wardens are super strong, but their fellow magicka Wardens are far behind.

f.list goes on, no TLDR.

3. There are many exploits/bugs which needs to be fixed. I will not detail them all here so others may not exploit them.
    A vague hint to one of the locations which a huge exploit needs an urgent fix: Imperial City.

4. CC immunity and roots immunity are not reliable - There are many occasions which double/triple/more break free is required to break the stun.
    one example: Dragonknight roots being applied when petrify was already applied. Breaking free of this stun+roots glitch requires 4 times breaking free and then dodge roll.

5. Cyrodiil performance - How can anyone enjoy PVP if the game client crash so many times, there is very high latency and low fps most of the time ?
    The answer is that playing in Cyrodiil is not as enjoyable as it used to be.
    It is not fun when reaching a large scale fight area and then the game crash or there is 500+ latency and it's not possible to react in time while in combat.

6. Bombing in Cyrodiil - This is too easy since there is no aoe caps.
    Please adjust abilities and make it so that it will be harder to execute.
    1/2 players killing 30 players in 1 second is broken pvp in my book.

7. Overland PVE areas - The difficulty is set to easy.

Please add more health to mobs and increase their damage.

8. Bots - Botting is still very common and many bots can be found all over Tamriel.
    Negative effects of botting:
    a.The bots are killing monsters/npcs that are needed for quests.
    b. Make the game less enjoyable for players who adventure and farm by normal means(no botting).
    c. The bots masters reduce the cost of items in the game while making huge amount of in-game gold and/or real life currency gains by exploits.
    d. Guild masters who buy gold from the bots masters are cheating the system and are able to outbid other guilds when bidding on guild traders. The average bid amounts on most popular guild traders are higher due to bots.
    e. etc.
    Please add an efficient auto detect+ban system through the code.

9. Other issues - There are other issues. Please solve the above issues first.

You know, there are other ways to improve a game aside from nerfing just about everything that isn't a light attack.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Joy_Division

I just wonder what the Class Reps say about that internally when they talk to the devs. It doesn’t seem that you are getting the „pain points“ through to them. Not your fault though, I know you tried.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's nice you put these two together, as I'm seeing the double CC bug is slowly turning into an exploit as the same groups are consistently causing double CC using things like javalin + meteor

http://clips.twitch.tv/BoringJoyousChickenBrokeBack

The fix I think needs to occur is a rework that CC immunity is given when a CC impacts you, and a countdown timer only occurs once you break free. Currently there is a window in the break free animation where you're still vulnerable, making it so if you break free even on meteor at the wrong time, both CCs will hit.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    "Siege weapon damage and effects will no longer proc item sets"

THANK YOU
    I'm both sad... and happy about this. My Heem-Jas-super powered flaming oils of death will be missed.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You gotta be $&-+ing me?

Riposte gets nerfed?

How about a mother #$&+ing CC in warden?

How about the daedra from Maw actually land?

How about the Templar Barrage piece of #$&+ ability now?

What about DK breath?

ZoS, you're funny, so funny.

Riposte huh?

I gotta agree Earthgore and Zaan make Riposte their ....

Really? Lmfao
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    @Joy_Division

I just wonder what the Class Reps say about that internally when they talk to the devs. It doesn’t seem that you are getting the „pain points“ through to them. Not your fault though, I know you tried.

We spent a lot of time debating Rune Cage and did not come to a consensus. I would say most of reps said the "dodgeable fix" would really only benefit stamblades. Two of reps said that even for magicka characters, dodge roll was legitimate counterplay. All of us felt what's on LivE currently was something that needed to be changed, but disagreed what to do (though none of us suggested to remove the damage and make it dodgeable). All of us felt the CC break on the skill was in a bad way. None of us felt the Defensive morph needed any adjustment whatsoever.

What we spent a lot of time on was that sorcerers wanted so legit options available to them for CC/offense that wasn't a broken (or overnerfed) Rune Prison. The one thing we did agree on was the change to Crystal Shard was something that satisfied nobody: the Blast morph still isn't competitive and the Frag nerfs have robbed the skill of its appeal in PvE and PvP.

I'm known as a templar, but sorcerer is the by far my second most played class, and I felt the things that annoyed me about the class were communicated to ZoS (PVE sustain is terrible, Crystal Fragment over-nerfed, can't streak over uneven terrain because of the loss of momentum, pigeonholed into a cookie-cutter build for both PvE and PvP morphs, lackluster Charged Atronach morph, Heavy Overload morph is spectacularly bad, stamina sorcs basically only derive Hurricane as an active skill, etc., there are others that I'm not thinking of atm).

I think the issue comes down to resources in that ZOS does not have enough of them to do more than a couple of class related changes per testing cycle. So Rune Prison is getting nerfed but Crystal Shard and those are things ares still on the backburner.

I have always felt and tried to communicate in our meetings is that every player on whatever class should legit have something to look forward to in the next update. It concerns me that this is not the case for Wardens (nothing done) and Sorcerer players (just getting hit with nerfs - call the dodgeable fury a "bug-fix" belies the reality that such a "bug-fix" is still weakening the class with respect to the other 4).
    Edited by Joy_Division on August 7, 2018 3:40PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Joy_Division

We spent a lot of time debating Rune Cage and did not come to a consensus. I would say most of reps said the "dodgeable fix" would really only benefit stamblades. Two of reps said that even for magicka characters, dodge roll was legitimate counterplay. All of us felt what's on LivE currently was something that needed to be changed, but disagreed what to do (though none of us suggested to remove the damage and make it dodgeable). All of us felt the CC break on the skill was in a bad way. None of us felt the Defensive morph needed any adjustment whatsoever.

What we spent a lot of time on was that sorcerers wanted so legit options available to them for CC/offense that wasn't a broken (or overnerfed) Rune Prison. The one thing we did agree on was the change to Crystal Shard was something that satisfied nobody: the Blast morph still isn't competitive and the Frag nerfs have robbed the skill of its appeal in PvE and PvP.

I'm known as a templar, but sorcerer is the by far my second most played class, and I felt the things that annoyed me about the class were communicated to ZoS (PVE sustain is terrible, Crystal Fragment over-nerfed, can't streak over uneven terrain because of the loss of momentum, pigeonholed into a cookie-cutter build for both PvE and PvP morphs, lackluster Charged Atronach morph, Heavy Overload morph is spectacularly bad, stamina sorcs basically only derive Hurricane as an active skill, etc., there are others that I'm not thinking of atm).

I think the issue comes down to resources in that ZOS does not have enough of them to do more than a couple of class related changes per testing cycle. So Rune Prison is getting nerfed but Crystal Shard and those are things ares still on the backburner.

I have always felt and tried to communicate in our meetings is that every player on whatever class should legit have something to look forward to in the next update. It concerns me that this is not the case for Wardens (nothing done) and Sorcerer players (just getting hit with nerfs - call the dodgeable fury a "bug-fix" belies the reality that such a "bug-fix" is still weakening the class with respect to the other 4).

All I know is at least one Rep doesn't PvE and thinks there is no "BiS" in PvP.

My faith in class representatives obviously took a nose dive hearing that
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Joy_Division

What does that have to do with what I posted?
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Joy_Division

Thanks for being sincere.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Joy_Division

there is no bis in pvp at all so no clue where you got that from. people can litterally make anything work in pvp.
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Joy_Division

Thanks for some of the feedback its welcome.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rune Cage needed adjustment, but all your really did was buff stamblades.
  • Syncronaut
    Syncronaut
    ✭✭✭
    Now they just need to make a dragon leap stunbreakeable and game will be finaly balanced a bit better.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because stamblades are the only class that can dodgeroll right? Everyone running medium armor can dodge plenty, on CP even on 5 heavy you can dodge roll a lot. Nighblades don't have any dodge roll reduction, is about time that people stop with the argument that dodgeroll = stamblade, the rollypolly meta for nbs died a couple of patches ago, there are better ways of build a stamblade.
    I would say most of reps said the "dodgeable fix" would really only benefit stamblades.

/facepalm
    Edited by ManDraKE on August 7, 2018 5:55PM
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »

Because stamblades are the only class that can dodgeroll right? Everyone running medium armor can dodge plenty, on CP even on 5 heavy you can dodge roll a lot. Nighblades don't have any dodge roll reduction, is about time that people stop with the argument that dodgeroll = stamblade, the rollypolly meta for nbs died a couple of patches ago, there are better ways of build a stamblade.
    I would say most of reps said the "dodgeable fix" would really only benefit stamblades.

/facepalm

It certainly benefits them the most, and they are absolutely the strongest PVP spec in the game assuming we are talking about experienced players. Not really sure how you argue with that. They defend by not getting hit, AKA, by a combo of cloak and roll. The one thing a sorc had going for them was that assuming they survived a NB burst, they could curse (pop them out of cloak) and then stun before they could reset the fight on them. That is no longer an option, because good NBs roll as soon as their cloaks break, then cloak again. Of course other stamina classes can roll dodge, but none do it as much as NBs, especially considering no other class is as effective open world in Medium armor as a NB, and if they do go heavy, well they have major evasion built in.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on August 7, 2018 6:06PM
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Still nothing about the removal of the Mount Speed bonus from Cyrodiil's Ward? Come on, please add the Mount Speed bonus back somewhere (Adept Rider is a good candidate...)

Moar ppl agree wit this, page 1, ty.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It certainly benefits them the most, and they are absolutely the strongest PVP spec in the game assuming we are talking about experienced players. Not really sure how you argue with that. They defend by not getting hit, AKA, by a combo of cloak and roll. The one thing a sorc had going for them was that assuming they survived a NB burst, they could curse (pop them out of cloak) and then stun before they could reset the fight on them. That is no longer an option, because good NBs roll as soon as their cloaks break, then cloak again. Of course other stamina classes can roll dodge, but none do it as much as NBs, especially considering no other class is as effective open world in Medium armor as a NB, and if they do go heavy, well they have major evasion built in.

It benefits them in the same way that ANY other class running medium armor builds. Nighblades dont have ANY benefit related to dodgeroll. You can effectivle run medium armor builds in all classes, and is something really common, i always ran medium on my stamplar for example (and the best stamplars that i've seen, they all run medium), the only class i play on heavy is stamwarden. Stop spreading this false concept that making things dodgeable is a buff to stamblades (and i'm really disapointed that class reps are actually saying this, there should be someone on that group that actually understand medium armor builds...), is a buff to ALL medium armor builds (and to pretty much all builds in CP), that are the builds that get destroyed by runecage on live, other builds at least can take the burst and survive.

And if you have troubles dealing with stamblades as a mag sorc, then you are bad, period. Magsorcs are probably the best counters to nighblades, specially the squizzy builds that rely only on dodge. If there is 1 class that can effectible counter stamblades, is magsorc, by far.
    Edited by ManDraKE on August 7, 2018 6:47PM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SilverWF wrote: »
    Item Sets
    • Durok’s Bane
      • OLD:
      • NEW:
    • Ward of Cyrodiil
      • OLD:
      • NEW:
    • Wizard’s Riposte:
      • OLD:
      • NEW:

Well, dunno
    Before Durok didn't allowed to instantly debuff several attackers - there was 1 second delay in between new player became debuffed and there was no guarantee that new debuff would receive new enemy and not the same, as 1 sec before.
    Now - it's possible, nuff said

Ward - literally not nerfed, because it's hard for melee to not deal any melee damage in 3 sec.

Riposte - just destroyed. If that change would go to live, then this set can be freely deconstructed. Because only 5 sec debuff time and only direct crits - cloth (this is light set, you remember that?) wearer would die long before this set procs 2nd time, really.

except riposte has no cooldown and it should not proc on not direct hits at all to begin with. Also the nerf on ward effectively reduces uptime to %60 assuming you proc it without any delays, meanwhile riposte, according to your own word ''it's hard for melee to not deal any melee damage in 3 sec.'' will have %100 uptime cause it still has no cooldown.

So maybe next time don't make your bias so blatantly obvious.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on August 7, 2018 6:58PM
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »

It benefits them in the same way that ANY other class running medium armor builds. Nighblades dont have ANY benefit related to dodgeroll. You can effectivle run medium armor builds in all classes, and is something really common, i always ran medium on my stamplar for example (and the best stamplars that i've seen, they all run medium), the only class i play on heavy is stamwarden. Stop spreading this false concept that making things dodgeable is a buff to stamblades (and i'm really disapointed that class reps are actually saying this, there should be someone on that group that actually understand medium armor builds...), is a buff to ALL medium armor builds (and to pretty much all builds in CP), that are the builds that get destroyed by runecage on live, other builds at least can take the burst and survive.

And if you have troubles dealing with stamblades as a mag sorc, then you are bad, period. Magsorcs are probably the best counters to nighblades, specially the squizzy builds that rely only on dodge. If there is 1 class that can effectible counter stamblades, is magsorc, by far.

Isn't he simply saying that dodging works best on Stamblade because you can cover the 4-second rolling debuff with a Cloak? Sometimes it's the combination of skills that make one class utilize certain skills better than others.

Like Harness Magicka, sure everyone can use it, but a Magsorc makes better use of it because they can also use Hardened Ward and increase their "attack window" more than others can, which gives better results.
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    mojomood wrote: »
    IMO,
    Class changes for PvP:
    Stamplars got a nice buff to mag sustain with focus changes
    Magplars got more tanky while in their house with focus changes and defile meta decline
    All Sorcs get a nerf to an overperforming CC in order to allow better counter play
    Stamblades get a nerf to an overperforming Ultimate in order to allow better counter play
    All DKs get a buff for class mobility with wings changes
    Magdens get a buff by becoming the only class that provide consistent AoE Defiles
    Stamdens get a buff with the defile meta decline
    Magblades remain in a tough place with an identity crisis

Stamdens stay at/near top in PvP, but severally lagging in PvE
    Magblades stay at/near top in PvE, but severally lagging in PvP

PvP Rankings:
    Stamblade
    Stamden
    Magsorc
    MagDK
    Stamsorc
    Magplar
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Magblade
    Magden

PvE DD Rankings:
    Magblade
    Stamblade
    StamDK
    Magplar
    Magsorc
    Everyone else

Meta changes:
    Siege is coming to CP...be ready for really long sieges.
    Defile meta is dead
    Oblivion meta is still OP against the wrong targets (should always be % of max health instead of flat damage)
    Troll King is stronger

Werewolf is stronger
    Newer DD sets stay at the top (from Summerset/Wolfhunter)
    Older tank sets stay at the top

Stam builds will be stronger in PvP benefitting from and fighting against werewolves
    Mag builds will be stronger in PvE benefitting from range/shields

Just my opinion, what's yours?

Magplars did't get more tanky! ZOS nerfed the one thing that could kind of make them tanky into the ground!
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.