The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

[Class Rep] Vampire Feedback Thread

• Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe because this DLC is giving werewolf updates the next will be vampyr
  • swirve
    swirve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lack of useful abilities to make them viable beyond being passives
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the vampire dlc is verandis I won't even bother, tho if its lamae bal .That would be a dream, I haaaaaate that pathetic excuse for a vampireIn rivinspire, just happily bending over for molag bal, and actually calling him master, pathetic just absolutely pathetic
    Edited by bloodthirstyvampire on July 7, 2018 4:01PM
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • Unit117
    Unit117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My two points are:

The lack of abilities for the vampire skill line really sucks. I wish I could play a full on vampire.

The second are is how ugly you look. I wish I could stay like how I look in stage one. The pale skin is beautiful but completely ruined the second you use any vampire ability. A vampire skin that keeps us looking like we are in stage one would really fix this and still let people know we are a vampire.
  • Snowfaerie
    Snowfaerie
    ✭✭✭
    My two points:

1) The feeding skill animation is just weird. A fountain of blood out of the victim? How... what.... huh? I'd prefer the kind of animation you get with Blade of Woe, where you "shadowstep" close to the victim and then it runs an animation of you sinking your fangs into their neck.

2) The vampire skills are kinda underwhelming and there isn't much point in having them on your skill bar. Not really sure what kind of a revamp would make them viable without making them "mandatory" for certain builds, but maybe you guys can find a way?
  • icefyer_ESO
    icefyer_ESO
    ✭✭
    As a Khajiit I'd love a 'hide vampirism' option, along with making it so the leopard spots and the like don't fade into a partially-visible mess. Other than that I agree we need more ways to get the sneak bonuses that aren't a set bonus or Vamp, like through the Champion tree or one of the thief / murder based trees such as Ledge or Thieves Guild.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't consider myself a squeamish person, but vampire feed makes me nauseated to watch, the way it is. The giant torrent of blood and all the sloshing and slurping noises are too much. I think a stealth take down animation (like the Blade of Woe) would actually be less graphic, and much more enjoyable to watch. It also bothers me that it doesn't count as a kill or at least do damage. I think vampire utility would be greatly increased if it had stealth kill capabilities.

Vampire abilities are underwhelming across the board, but the thing I'd rather talk about--if I only get two things--is the appearance. The skin textures could really use an update. It's not only an issue of texture fidelity, but I'm also not the greatest fan of everyone becoming linen white, including POC. There are many more interesting ways to make something look undead. They don't have to look like old chalk.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bazeric wrote: »
    Vampire basics:
    Elusive Mist and Devouring Swarm (no one uses the other morphs)
    Even the drain, if used, is more likely the ult gen morph vs. the minor expedition morph (is that still the morph? I don't know anymore because it isn't useful.)

Also I know people have been asking for a proper 5 skills+ult for the vampire line. They'll will probably chime in soon.

I could see adding Raise Skeletons to fight targets for 10-20 seconds. Would be cool to see, with a nice cool down.

My wish if for Stamina to have the option for Vampire. Seems real odd that stealth class do not have usable skills with vampire being magicka.
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suggestion: reduce the vampire health recovery determent to 10/20/30/40% (0/10/20/30% with passive) but make it affect all sources of healing (except healing from vampire skills). This will make the choice more balanced so that vampire won't be mandatory in endgame content.

No. Just no. Absolutely no!
    PVP already has Battle Spirit which reduces healing 50%. Now you want to punish Vamp users by reducing an additional 40% in Stage 4 to active skills?!

1. Proper 5+U skill line.
    2. Reduce fire damage against.
  • Thestephenmcraeub17_ESO
    Vaerth wrote: »
    Bazeric wrote: »
    Vampire basics:
    Elusive Mist and Devouring Swarm (no one uses the other morphs)
    Even the drain, if used, is more likely the ult gen morph vs. the minor expedition morph (is that still the morph? I don't know anymore because it isn't useful.)

Also I know people have been asking for a proper 5 skills+ult for the vampire line. They'll will probably chime in soon.

I could see adding Raise Skeletons to fight targets for 10-20 seconds. Would be cool to see, with a nice cool down.

My wish if for Stamina to have the option for Vampire. Seems real odd that stealth class do not have usable skills with vampire being magicka.

The "stealth class" does have usable vamp skills if we are talking about magicka NB. The passives for vampirism can be very beneficial to stam players as well, as discussed in the thread you made on this topic.

But to offer some potential explanation (and of course I don't speak for ZOS), vampires are magicka oriented while werewolves are more stamina oriented. It doesn't mean that they are mutually exclusive, but ZOS chose to make the systems work optimally for each individual type of damage dealer. It also kind of makes sense that way lore-wise; werewolves use brute force, and vampires use magic.

That's not to say I don't support the widening of the potential of each skill set - we could certainly see some interesting magicka werewolves if the option presented itself.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Improve visuals for tattoo's and makeup. There is no reason to fade a vampire's tats or makeup.

2) I feel like the vampire stages are kind of backward. You would think feeding would empower a vampire's abilities, but instead, you have to go through multiple stages of blood withdrawl, then finally stage 4, and you are supposedly at your strongest and have full benefits. Shouldn't it be when you've fed recently, that you would be stronger? I suggest you just flip the stages, have you need to feed to maintain your passives.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. An option to hide vampirism with a normal skin would be fantastic. I already hide it with the amber/scalecaller skins... so what difference would a normal skin... skin make really? Just put one in.
    2. Elusive mist is awesome. Baleful mist is not. I would like baleful mist to be reworked to be an instant cast skill that grants 5-8 seconds of root/snare immunity and a weak heal (on par with forward momentum). This would give an interesting choice between a tanky morph and an active combat morph (rather than a 99% useless super weak AoE morph)
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vampire needs to be completely reworked.

A vast majority of endgame players run vampire because it is that strong. In City of Heroes, there used to be a stamina skill line (which, unsurprisingly, gave similar buffs as current state vampire); it was a no-brainer so much to the point that the COH developers just made the entire skill tree free and available to everyone at level 1. That is the state current vampire is in in PVE and for a lot of magicka in PVP.

Introduce vampire clans which restrict the massive generalized bonuses current vamp gets, but provides unique sets of buffs/debuffs that are good in some circumstances but awful in others. In order to ensure it doesn't just become as simple as changing mundus, incorporate a clan allegiance cooldown of like 3-7 days to ensure that people don't just swap clans based on the content at a whim.
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. How they look.
    2. The fact that I cannot hide the vampire skin and show my characters real skin. Yes I can use another skin but I do not want to look like a character from tron, a zombie or a salami. Nor do I want to hide all crown store cosmetics and hats + my outfit by putting on a quest disguise. I want my dunmer skin.
  • Oumalakasha
    Oumalakasha
    ✭✭✭
    1. I would love to see a full skill line. I main a Nightblade healer, and I think that the Vampire line could be an appropriate place to add a skill that could complement it thematically, using your health to damage foes/heal allies over time depending on the morph. I would love to have bats feeding upon me while healing my allies. It would look great with Bogdan.

2. I understand why people dislike the appearance so much. I did at first too. However, with the right outfit, the oracle eyes, and the Psijic face/body tattoos, my Vamp looks so good. I definitely do think that tattoos need to not be so faded though.
  • Thestephenmcraeub17_ESO
    Make feeding on NPCs an instant kill like blade of woe, and make the animation similar to blade of woe. The weird blood fountain thing is very jarring, and the NPC aggro is also weird, as they just had their blood sucked, presumably.

Rework all the active skills, and add more active skills. The channel stun/drain is ok, but could definitely be a lot better. Give me a reason to use vamp active abilities on my characters, not just the passives.

Also, if more useful/practical actives are added, then I'd be ok with toning down the passives. It seems like a fair trade off, maybe only 8% more regen, or 6 or 7, or whatever seemed fair. Also, I'm of the unpopular belief that the undeath passive is too strong. But I'm also a little biased, because as a magDK main in PvP, I don't have an execute, so dealing with low-health vamps can become tricky.
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After beta in this game there was a parade of forum whiners shedding tears and yelling how op vampirism was...
    Next update, werewolf light attack build is 50k+ dps if im not mistaken.

CS:GO style, left click spam
  • LifenLemons
    LifenLemons
    ✭✭✭
    I think my werewolf toon could kick my vampire toon's asz. In fact, I think my non-combat house cat could. In my experience, vamps are not that powerful as I thought they would be. Its a drag getting pailer when you don't feed, yet you don't die. Right now my vamp looks like the love child of Powder & Senator Kelly in the First Xmen right before he turned into H2O on that lab table.
    Occasional Online Opinionated Flyby Conversationalist // Part Time Coffee Addict // Hobosapien // Casual Gamer // SAST
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Improve visuals for tattoo's and makeup. There is no reason to fade a vampire's tats or makeup.

2) I feel like the vampire stages are kind of backward. You would think feeding would empower a vampire's abilities, but instead, you have to go through multiple stages of blood withdrawl, then finally stage 4, and you are supposedly at your strongest and have full benefits. Shouldn't it be when you've fed recently, that you would be stronger? I suggest you just flip the stages, have you need to feed to maintain your passives.

^So much this!

Also, it just needs more skills. Werewolves get an ult and a full skill bar. Vampires get an ult and 2 skills. we need at least 3 more.

Here is how i'd see it:
    Feeding stage 1: Vampire at minimum power of 25% of total damage done. Using any vampire skills will slowly reduce you back to level 1. To get at higher Feeding stages, you need to eat! You have a 10% stealth reduction, because hungry vampires are not cautious vampires.
    Feeding stage 2: You munched on a humanoid, your abilities are now at 50% of their potential power. You get about 100 times the use of a vampire skill out of this feeding stage before you go back down to level 1. To get to higher feeding stages you need to eat more. Your stealth reduction is now 5%, you're not fully fed yet.
    Feeding stage 3: You've been munching on humanoids regularly, power is now at 75%. You can use your vampire skills about 75 times at this time, but they are 25% stronger at this stage. No stealth reduction for a Vampire who knows when to eat.
    Feeding stage 4: You love to eat don't ya. Power is now at its max. Vampire skills can be used 50 times in this stage before you are reduced to a lower feeding stage. A well fed Vampire gets a stealth bonus of 5% (on top of all your other stealth bonuses)

Just this would change the vampire game completely and mean players would stop using it as a glorified magic passive.
    Only players actually wanting to play as a vampire would keep it.

Would a lot of players complain about their power reduction? Hell yea, but they weren't using it as intended anyway.

Also, the feeding mechanic should actually kill the target. Just leave an unlootable corps so its not competing with blade of woe. And even if it IS allowed to compete with blade of woe. you'd still need stealth to bite your target.
    You';re a vampire, you are literally draining your target of their blood, why this does not deplete the heath bar of the target is a mystery.
    And i agree that the bite animation should be of your toon going up behind their target and shove their face in the targets neck. Not the current stream of magical flying blood that "somehow" is leaving the targets body. It looks dumb and disappointing.
    Edited by DBZVelena on July 31, 2018 11:36AM
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for what those 3 skills should be...

Summon bloodfiend: Summon for 10/20 a bloodfiend to fight for you. (I've seen enemy npc's do this, why can't we?)
    Mind voice: A voice in your targets mind caused uncontrollable fear. Fears your target for 3/4/5 seconds.
    Ancient knowledge: Gives boons: Intellect, Prophecy, Sorcery for 10/20/30 sec.

All numbers can be debated, i'm not a balance expert. This are just some ideas.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Want back a good bat swarm, esp clouding that makes you untargetable again, with the exception of maybe GTAOE.

2. better mist form, like 1.6.

I'd take +50% fire damage back for those 2 things.

It would be nice if you could see your tats in higher vampire stages better. The overlays could use some tweaking.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So ugly to use... Ruins tattoos and skins we have purchased and honestly we should be able to hide it like the lore says.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Devouring swarm should have increased duration, a 5 second ult?! Barrier last longer and heals better, make swarm great again!
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampirism modified the scale pattern on my Argonian, Observe-le-Xanmeer, which had chosen with great care. I really don't like her new appearance. :( I wish there was a way to alter that appearance. I'd even invest a skill point in a "hide vampirism" or "tone vampirism down a lot and just alter the eyes" option.
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    First pain point — They look butt ugly. Get rid of the weird veiny skin, or at least allow us the choice to hide it. We obviously *can* hide it, since hardly anybody ever recognizes us as a vampire when we do quests for them. It is bizarre for someone to ask me to kill a vampire during a quest (I.e., What’s Her Name’s sister in the main Rivenspire story) without realizing that I’m a vamp myself. Even other vamps (most of them) don’t recognize me as one of them. If NPCs can tell if I am a man or a woman (thank you for that!) why can’t they tell that I am a vampire?

Second pain point — The feeding animation makes no sense. Make it more realistic. Compared to the animation for Blade of Woe, vampire feeding is pathetic. Also...is there any point to feeding? Doesn’t anybody actually stay in an earlier stage than stage 4??
    Edited by DarcyMardin on August 1, 2018 7:09AM
  • Luthivar
    Luthivar
    ✭✭✭
    1) Most people are only vamps for the passives. You could bind them on the number of vampire skills equipped. Or better, make new ones affecting vampire skills only and distribute the old ones on other skilltrees.

Examples:
    Fast movement in sneak could be moved to thieving, thieves guild or dark brotherhood (last perk of db ist pretty pointless), for instance. Or even add it to Nightblade passives, as a first step into more class diversity. Magicka regen to Mages guild (could substitute the now useless emporering), stam regen to fighters guild (fighters guild quests in cyro could require a positive check for fighters guild lvl 10, would free a slot).

2) No need to lower vamp stages. They could be reduced to 2 or 3, and vampires on any stage but 1 shouldn't be allowed to enter cities (no trader interaction or even guards automatically turned hostile). Would add some roleplay to it.
    Edited by Luthivar on August 1, 2018 1:14PM
  • Avalarion01
    Avalarion01
    Soul Shriven
    1] why does the game discourage feeding as a vampire? (passives require high stage, feeding is unresponsive( long ugly animation that doesn no dmg and gives instant bounty in towns)
    2] lack of interaction with your vampire self, too many passives no usefull skills.

This is a post i made in the general forums in a vampire thread that quickly derailed cause of haters:

Even back in Skyrim i never understood why a starved weakened feral vampire would be stronger than a strong fed rational vampire. You would think since vampires draw substance from blood they grow stronger the more one feeds. You could argue its feral instinct strenghtening them. But i see stage 4 as some junky going through withdrawal (you sure look like one). the passives of undeath and dark stalker dont scream feral to me a starved beast does not stalk its prey it jumps on the first prey it can find with desparation. Lions do this for instance; the can stake-out a warthog burrow of hours if there's no rush but if hungry a lion goes after the first living thing it sees and that can even be fish or at risk of life go after the bigger animals. imo the blood essence a vampire power takes from it victims its more rational for it to to power the current vampire passives. Furthermore in the game you often come across feral vampires when aggro'ed these ferals run in a straight line towards you and they only do light attacks. They never use dark stalker (stealth) like some nightblade mobs do and they sure dont become harder to kill as you dmg than.

This is why in Skyrim i could not be a vampire without the Better Vampire mod, This mod reversed the stage 1 to stage 4 benefits/demerits among other things. So you had to keep finding victims to feed on to remain the apex vampire out there.

Being a vampire in tamriel requires no maintenance and is boring, WW's get to feed on corpses to remain strong and vampires have to starve themselves, just makes no sense to me.

the mentioned mod:
    https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9717

What i also liked from this is that you gained new skills whenever you reached a x number of feedings, a more interesting progression to vampire 10 than just getting xp without the need to use your vampire abilities.

back to OP see no reason why you should not be able to hide your vampirism. As other have stated Tamriel vampires have been known to use glamours either to blend in society or to use in getting close to some prey. Game-wise you can allready hide your skin in so many ways so why not simply allow to use your Original skin, should be no effort and no more gamebreaking than the allready available options.
    Edited by Avalarion01 on August 1, 2018 8:59AM
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some of the mechanics and passives seem a bit backward to me. Restoration magic would have less of a positive effect on undead whereas passive health regen would be much higher, especially for a short time after a vampire feeds.

Some vampires in the lore can blend in easily and look indistinguishable from mortals, but they can't go sunbathing. Maybe if the veiny look changed due to a different strain brought back to the game there could be a trade-off somewhere else.
    Edited by Bladerunner1 on August 1, 2018 5:51PM
  • TheLaughingSwine
    Hello, I feel like. Vampires need more vampire skills where is summon gargoyle or rise dead?
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the topic of hiding vampirism...
    1. Add a new Vampire skin to your collectibles. This skin will be added to your collectibles when you become a vampire. This skin can only be equipped if your character is currently a vampire.
    2. This will make the vampirism appearance "opt-in" rather than "opt-out".
    3. By making vampirism an opt-in skin, it makes it clear that the vampirism appearance is mutually exclusive with other skins. For new players, it's neither intuitive nor clear that equipping a skin will hide the effects of vampirism. And a "normal skin" is just such a tacky, hamfisted idea. Instead, by having vampirism as a skin (like how being a zombie is a skin), this makes it clear and intuitive to players the concept that the vampirism appearance cannot coexist with other skins. And it makes it clear and intuitive how to hide vampirism (just unequip the skin!).
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch