Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Werewolf Feedback Thread

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
The purpose of this thread is to give you a place to post your current top two pain points with Werewolves. Our new Class Representatives will be keeping a close eye on this thread, and will utilize it to gather additional feedback for the notes they’re currently compiling for their first meeting with the Dev Team next week. Please be sure and keep your post clear and succinct, and focus more on what is currently frustrating you rather than potential solutions. Thanks!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The duration of the heal and fear animations take too long. Most other moves can be animation cancelled but not these too so many times I’ll do the heal and get CCed at the very last second.

Reliability of light and heavy attacks in Form against moving Pvp targets is abysmal.

• Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Werewolves are especially handicapped in no CP where their stat boosts are not as effective and their very high skill costs make them very hard to sustain for even a short period of time.

2. The off balance interactions are very wonky and dont work out with WW. Feral leap stun hardly ever triggers and heavy attacks are very weird to actualy hit.
    Jo'Khaljor
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    My top two pain points:

1-Very Bad Healing (forced to use specific sets to compensate)
    2-WW up time
  • gnarlyvandal
    gnarlyvandal
    ✭✭✭
    1) WW uptime is waaay too short and feeding on corpses does not seem to extend it that much... the amount of times I transform back to human in the middle or directly after feeding

2) Tanking move please?
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WW selfheal needs serious help, their main heal is based off magicka.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1 - The timer is a nuisance - especially in unpredictable enemy situations such as PVP. How about a tradeoff toggle option for one of the morphs? My suggestion:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/298109/werewolf-tank-toggle-morph-with-30-less-weapon-damage

2 - Lack of utility. Can't cleanse, can't taunt, can't resurrect allies, etc.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 - Bugs and and limitations :
    Major bug since Summerset : Heavy Attack weaving is broken, using a skill during heavy attack windup will fire the skill immediately and cancel the heavy attack instead of queuing the skill.
    Example of limitation : can't use synergies.

2 - Werewolf is incredibly powerful, interesting to build and rewarding to learn. Seeing players who never really tried and are asking for major redesign is my second pain point. Lets be more constructive : Tormentor doesn't work with jump (taunt)
    Edited by Aznox on May 31, 2018 6:29PM
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. I agree about the timer. We need to be able to stay in form longer and for the feeding mechanic to be smoother. I especially think we should be able to stay in form for longer in groups, even permanently as before.
    2. We need to be able to respond to CCs. They are our number one nemesis.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • No source of taunt (Tormentor doesn't even work)
    • No passive method of staying in WW form indefinitely (through sets and/or groups)
  • JXNwarrior
    JXNwarrior
    ✭✭✭
    Pain Points:

1. Only usable heal scales off of magicka(?!)
    2. Devour Synergy is unreliable.

Possible Solutions:
    1. Scale the heal from Max or Missing Health, one morph applies a meaningful (not currently) HoT, other synergizes with other WWs
    2. Increase reliability, range and speed up animation of Devour Synergy
    PC NA 300 CP
    PS4 NA 1200+ CP
  • KurtAngle2
    KurtAngle2
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely abilities costs and WW uptime, both need huge fixes
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First and foremost @Aznox :D

1. Ultimate cannot be gained while in werewolf form and taken back into human form. (In a game were building and chaining ults is the focus, Werewolf falls behind)

2. Too many limitations for werewolves to play together. Especially in PVP.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1) The heal being a high cost magicka ability

2) The duration of the transformation for solo players
  • Osubaker33
    Osubaker33
    ✭✭✭
    1. WW uptime, if your in a fight you shouldnt have to worry about losing form. I suggest changing from gain 3 seconds of ww form when you take damage to gain 2 seconds when you cause damage.

2. WW skill costs are waaay too high.
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Far too much uptime in PvP (mostly permanant until death or kill)
    2. Horrible heal scaling
    3. Useless as Magicka players
    4. Penalty passives (Poison passives, db) should count even unmorphed else there is no reason to not be a wold, allowing some builds to slot WW ult for 15% stam regen at no cost.
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blobsky wrote: »
    2. Horrible heal scaling
    4. Penalty passives (Poison passives, db) should count even unmorphed else there is no reason to not be a wold, allowing some builds to slot WW ult for 15% stam regen at no cost.

Wouldn't you say the cost is having to slot the ult over a different Ult you could use? Just like the bonuses of mages guild, Fighters guild and Support line. Each of these give bonuses for slotting an ult for raw stats.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1- WW design is outdated. Most stam classes use stam for dmg and healing, and magicka for CC, so, could you please swap roar and hircine's bounty resources? Thanks

2- Please, do something about the stun when going back to human form. I do understand the stun is OK when turning WW, but a stun again when turning human? I mean, why you should turn a WW to get an auto stun later?
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By far, werewolves are performing admirably in PvE, but two things have bothered me for a long time, one has only bothered me a short time but it isn't too significant.

Pain Points
    1. Unchained Champion passive (Long term annoyance): back before the implement of the clockwork city, whenever I "Break free" from a stun or similar disabling effects, the Unchained champion passive would reduce the cost of the next stamina ability used by 80% for 5 seconds, however, when the Clockwork City Base Patch dropped, it created a big problem which prevents Werewolves from proccing Unchained.
    2. Hircines Bounty: In lieu to the other commentary here, I can say that across the board, the ability "Hircines Bounty" & it's morphs may be underperforming in some way. (I know @ZOS_GinaBruno said in the thread to focus on the problems at hand rather than solutions, but in this case, I feel the skill & its morphs could use the "Flames of Oblivion" treatment, as in to scale the healing to the users Highest statistics to allow a small degree of flexibility.)
    "When the human race learns to read the language of symbolism, a great veil will fall from the eyes of men." ~Manly P. Hall
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shouldn’t be able to snare a raging werewolf. Snares are a major weakness
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Change one of the Werewolf morphs into something Tank oriented with roughly 25% more resists, 15% more health while active, and either Ferocious Roar or Howl of Agony morph have a Taunt mechanic.

2. Hircine's Bounty is a conundrum as it scales off of Max Magicka and generally the characters with Werewolf are Stamina focused. I don't mind that it costs Magicka, but feel like it should scale off whichever stat is higher, Stamina or Magicka like Ultimates do. Maybe have Hircine's Rage morph gain a Magickasteal Buff for 20 seconds, so you have a way of casting it more regularly over the course of the transformation.
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Hircine´s Bounty should become a group wide heal over time within 3 seconds after an enemy has been defeated.
    Reason: This promotes aggressive group play and offers Werewolf players the chance to support the group. The idea has been tested in other MMORPG (warg pack in LOTRO), and doesn´t affect the general PvP balance.

2. Howl of Despair now also removes 2 negative effects.
    Reason: Firstly, this is an underused morph, secondly, Werewolves are the weakest "class" in overland PvP because of root-lock.

Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Terrible healing and sustain.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP:
    • snares+roots and no way to remove them (like every mag class i guess)
    • the 25% more damage from poison is too strong (that damage increase is equal to 5xhundings)+ heal debuffs are too strong especial in cp and they are too easy accessable to keep 100% uptime (the pain of every stam class i guess)

PvE:
    • bad sustain
    • no aoe

I personal would not change the healing morph to scale of just stam since werewolfs should have some weak-points, that said my tool-tip of that heal is bigger than honor the dead on my mag templer.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1, No way to counter invisibility except detection potion
    2, Highly susceptible to snares
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Fix major bugs: Unchained Passive doesn´t work in werewolf form. Wolf-companions doesn´t respawn after being killed. Certain armor passives doesn´t work in werewolf-form.

2. Make werewolf better in terms of group-play by reworking specific morphs (Hircines Fortitude, Ferocious Roar)
    Blobsky wrote: »
    2. Horrible heal scaling

I usually don´t question your reasoning with classes and builds, but you´ve no idea what you´re talking about this time....

You don´t have "too much uptime" in PvP as a werewolf, especially not solo.

Hircine´s bounty/rage is an incredible heal if you adjust your build a little (L2P)

It´s useless as a magicka character because it´s a stamina based "class"

You trade 15% extra regen on one bar for another ultimate, a fair trade imo
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1: WW uptime

2: Devour is clunky, spend too much time trying to find the "sweet spot", other players standing near/on corpse makes it a pain in group content.

Also, there still seems to be an issue with losing WW form even when meter is full - it was supposedly fixed a couple patches ago but it is still happening (have reported it - tough to document because you never know when it's going to happen)
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The big thing that I feel is missing from the werewolf skill line is the ability to be a "healer." I think it would really elevate the uniqueness and coolness of werewolves to be able to run in a FULL PACK without any humanoid healbots.

A magicka werewolf could function like a shaman - maybe use the Psijic skill mechanic to toggle light/heavy attacks to convert them to conal ally heals. Another idea is to give another morph of howl to serve as an ally-directed heal like the Warden's Fungal Growth - name it Soothing Breath or something.
    Edited by Solariken on June 1, 2018 9:29PM
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Either powerful stamina based warrior with poor magicka based healing.
    2. Or poor magicka based warrior with powerful magicka based healing.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bring back the 15% passive stam regen like it was before the nerf.

Needing to have werewolf ult slotted for the passive doesn't really make sense.
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Dashmatt
    Dashmatt
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Animations. Hircine's Bounty and Roar animations take longer to complete than other similar skills. Light and Heavy attacks have a weird feel/timing issue, especially heavy attacks against moving players. Devour synergy takes too long to use in combat, and if a player releases during it will cancel the effect (and it is difficult to activate in the first place). Werewolves just walk around and stand normally while feared, which makes it difficult to tell what is happening to your character. Similarly there is no animation for capturing a relic. The stun when werewolf expires feels excessively long. Overall the gameplay experience just doesn't feel as smooth as other classes.
    2. Utility. There are few things more frustrating than transforming only to be immediately spammed with stun, roots, snares and dying. However, one of them is transforming and having your opponent go stealth/invisible and just wait for your werewolf to expire. It would be great if we had a counter to any of these besides potions.

Honestly I'd rather not see Werewolves undergo any kind of overhaul or significant buffs. They really just need a little finessing to make them more enjoyable to play.