Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Templar Feedback Thread

• THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    Honestly cannot remember the last time I died to Radiant Destruction.

We really should break this down into PC or Console because the Templar environments are wildly different from what I have seen. Radiant, for example, is still very effective in the right hands but takes someone gearing like a crazy person (lifts hand) in order to actually have it not be a tickle. Personally I think it’s in a very fair spot to all at this point because increasing its damage will bring out the anger from non-magplars while decreasing it further would completely ruin it. At least now if you want to run it in PVP you have to be the person who forgoes things like impen gear to maximize it which is a solid trade off.

That said ... here are my 2.

1 - Why, why, why is it so much harder to mount for Magplars than anyone else after combat? Just because I healed someone 45 seconds before does not mean I’m still fighting. It’s been a running joke for years that fights in Cyrodiil all have to wait for the magplars to arrive on foot before the real battle starts.

2 - We have access to a lot of cool stuff skills-wise, but it takes an inordinate amount of bar space to utilize everything. I can easily spend 7 of my 12 skill spots across 2 bars just on powers that make my real powers work better. Doing this for the mages guild bonuses is fine, but having to slot an Aedric Spear ability on both bars to get a vital passive is odd at best.

Bonus ... the triple fire ball is awesome visually but could really use a damage bump.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s been a running joke for years that fights in Cyrodiil all have to wait for the magplars to arrive on foot before the real battle starts.

"The Templar Curse" is what we call it. Can't mount ever.
  • DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭
    My current 2 pain points on templar:

1.Stamina sustain sucks especially at tanking
    2.Gameplay is based on clunky channels
  • dovakiin5574
    dovakiin5574
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1)
    LACKING sustain, no resource regen in passives like other classes. PRETTY PLEASE FIX THIS

2)
    It's painful how Restoring Focus does not follow the player around (tank versatility). Please change this, I hate needing to recast this thing over and over and over again and losing my magicka and not being able to range taunt adds
    PAPSMEAR - Positively Against Paws SMEAR campaign - Say YES to crown crates
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Lack of sustain (add stam return to burning light) (Stam)
    2. Worthless execute (change to 25% and below and increase damage dramatically) (magicka)
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    2. Worthless execute (change to 25% and below and increase damage dramatically) (magicka)

Question for everyone who is saying that Radiant is worthless, assuming PVP.

My tooltip is above 17k without buffs and I’m not even at the CP cap (709 I believe). What level is your tooltip at to say it’s worthless?

I understand that I’ve made some gear decisions to pump this up a bit, but I gotta imagine most of you have a tool tip value of above 15k even in impen. Am I wrong?
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

My tooltip is above 17k without buffs and I’m not even at the CP cap (709 I believe). What level is your tooltip at to say it’s worthless?

I understand that I’ve made some gear decisions to pump this up a bit, but I gotta imagine most of you have a tool tip value of above 15k even in impen. Am I wrong?

Watch the video from joy division on the first page. They were hitting people with radiant at 5%-10% and they would just heal through it.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

Watch the video from joy division on the first page. They were hitting people with radiant at 5%-10% and they would just heal through it.

Will do!

Still looking ... can’t find it. Still, that’s fine if those people are tanks, and conversely was Joy (a great player undoubtedly) geared to maximize this specific move?

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love this move to be buffed but I’d basically turn into Cyclops from XMen if my Radiant hit harder than now.
    Edited by THEDKEXPERIENCE on May 31, 2018 9:07PM
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Will do!

Still looking ... can’t find it. Still, that’s fine if those people are tanks, and conversely was Joy (a great player undoubtedly) geared to maximize this specific move?

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love this move to be buffed but I’d basically turn into Cyclops from XMen if my Radiant hit harder than now.

https://youtu.be/mYhctNG9FNE
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reading for comprehension fail on my part. Okay, so two things?

1) Too many channels
    2) Lack of a viable damage ult

Magplar PVP pain points:

1) Sustain. The only sustain passive templars have is a 4% cost reduction.

2) Too many channels.

3) No dedicated self-heal. Please make Honor the Dead heal only the caster and Breath of Life can be the healer morph.

4) Underperforming skills:
    Radiant: Reduce the range and execute threshold and increase the damage to give this skill a real risk/reward mechanic.
    Nova: Too expensive for too little damage or utility
    Javelin: A cc that knocks people out of the range of your jabs synergizes poorly. Would be better if it knocked them down, pinned them down, or did anything besides push them farther away.
    Radial Sweep: Tiny range and very hard to land. Dawnbreaker, which is similar, is far superior. Templar needs a good damage ultimate.
    Sun Shield: Neither good protection nor good damage.
    Balanced Warrior: Add spell damage

5) A sustain skill that is small and tied to the ground does not work well in a game where mobility is so critical.

Edited by NBrookus on May 31, 2018 9:21PM
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pain-point #1: Application of Major Ward & Major Resolve across all classes, with Templar being the absolute worst.

Major Ward & Major Resolve buff:
    Dragonknights have a 24 second self buff.
    Sorcerers have a 24 second self buff.
    Wardens have a 24 second self buff.
    Nightblades get it inherently by default if they use their main spammable every 8 seconds, or literally upon casting any skill in their Shadow class tree.
    Templars have to cast a rune, which is then placed on the ground, and which needs to stood in and/or needs to be recast every 8 seconds if you are moving, which, in PvP, you always are...

Nightblades get Major Ward & Major Resolve through Shadow Barrier, a passive, which activates when activating a Shadow ability.
    Sorcerers get Major Ward & Major Resolve through Hurricane / Boundless Storm.
    Dragonknights get Major Ward & Major Resolve through Volatile Armor / Hardened Armor.
    Wardens get Major Ward & Major Resolve through Expansive Frost Cloak / Ice Fortress (not to mention it extends to nearby allies)!

In all 4 of these cases, the Major Ward & Major Resolve buff is applied to your actual character.

Templar gets Major Ward & Major Resolve through Channeled Focus / Restoring Focus.
    The problem, the "pain-point," is that the Major Ward & Major Resolve buff is applied to the Rune, which is cast upon the ground, instead of being applied to your actual character, like every single other class.

Minor Suggestion / Fix for Templar's Rune Focus ability:
    One or both morphs of Rune Focus should apply the Major Ward & Major Resolve to your actual character when you cast the ability, and the morphed benefit should go to the rune on the ground, as they currently already do. (E.g. you currently get the magicka regen from Channeled Focus for stepping on or standing inside the rune and/or you get the Minor Vitality & Minor Protection buff from Restoring Focus for running through or standing inside the rune.)
    But in either case, or both cases, the Major Ward & Major Resolve buff should stick to your actual character upon casting, not upon standing in/on the rune. Players should not have to remain standing in the rune or keep running through the rune to constantly re-apply the Major Ward & Major Resolve buff. Also, increase the size of the rune's circle by 2-3 times the rune's current radius/diameter.

If this ability continues to remain unchanged as is, and Templars continue to have to remain on the rune to get the bonus or constantly recast the ability, then the buffs from the ability should last 3-5 times longer than they currently do.
    All 4 other classes have their buffs last 24 seconds instead of 8 seconds, and on top of that, Templars have to remain on a tiny circle whereas all other classes have complete freedom of movement. Where is the logic there? Where is the trade-off and risk/reward?
    If this ability shall continue to function the way it does, then the buffs should at least last 3 times longer than the other 4 classes, not 3 times shorter in addition to the massive movement penalty, like it currently does.
    Edited by Darkmage1337 on May 31, 2018 10:03PM
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • Bald_templar
    Bald_templar
    ✭✭✭
    The biggest pain in my opinion is Channeled Focus (and the other morph). (which actually makes me run mighty chudan in pvp just to get rid of it)
    My suggestion is that change the armor buff a full 20 secs while the 2nd effect (restore mag/minor protection and minor vitality) happens only when you step inside it.

Haven't decided yet which one is the 2nd pain. Will edit later :open_mouth:

• casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

My tooltip was 20k+ buffed last time I ran it. I've definitely gotten a few kills with it in the past few months and it can be an okay source of pressure against people trying to heal back up even if it doesn't kill them. But I still got more kills using Sweeps in execute range than using Radiant. It just isn't worth it to run this ability over others for open world templars, as numerous non-execute abilities (even plain old Sweeps) put out greater pressure on enemies in execute range.

But the perception of the ability is that it's some kind of overpowered press-to-delete-enemy button, which couldn't be farther from the truth. I would rank it above Poison Injection in the hierarchy of executes and below every other.

Is your build an open world, self-sustaining build? I thought you were a self-professed zerg surfer :p One thing that a lot of us in the Templar discord have been talking about is how to make this ability more useful in general but *less* useful in the specific case of zerg surfers and templars in large groups. (It was beam spammers in large groups who got the ability nerfed for the rest of us in the first place.) I think one thing the PVP community as a whole agrees on is that templars in large groups can go jump in a lake.

In PVE Radiant is worthless; it's a DPS loss in almost every case. It doesn't do nearly enough damage to make up for the fact that you can't weave light attacks while you're stuck channeling it.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Osubaker33
    Osubaker33
    ✭✭✭
    First I love the idea of auras. Stay near the templar, get a, b, or c benefit. Love it.

My Pain Points

1. Is now arguably the worst tank of any class.
    2. As has been mention before, the game is moving toward faster paced, dynamic and high movement battles, which doesn't mesh with the Templar's stand your ground kit.
  • Cage_Lizardman
    Cage_Lizardman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina templars in PVP have many issues. We lack sustain, repentence is mostly useless (only sometimes good in PVE). We lack mobility and defense. Focus and ritual are not useful enough to make up for the loss in mobility, and probably can't be made good enough without becoming ridiculous, and have no stamina morphs.

And the charge skill is clunky to use, there's no self heal that scales off stamina despite a whole healing tree and the aedric spear ult misses a lot and is just bad (compare what it does to nb's Incapacitating Strike and it's utterly pathetic for the same cost).

But please don't change Javelin. It's a perfectly average decent CC and occasionally hilarious when used wisely.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The sustain is realy poor, I mean yes they can buff a dungeon or trails group sustain a lot but they have nothing much for themselves

The execute got nerfed into the ground, it’s the only one I know where my dps goes down in that last 25% instead of up if I use it
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Will do!

I watched the video and, yes, I do agree that Radiant is not an outright death sentence for some people.

Here’s the thing though, and I’d have to have @Joy_Division weigh in, I can tell from his bars that he isn’t pushing everything possible into maximizing radiant’s power. I’m sure it’s still quite strong, but even the 2% extra from an additional mages guild ability would increase its power. Also, I’m assuming that he is not wearing an infused/divines combo on his armor. Once again, maybe I’m wrong.

If your argument is that it’s a wet noodle against some players when you’re not fully specked just to maximize that move, you are correct. I’m just saying that is not the fault of radiant, but your gear/other skills.

Personally I would LOVE to be proven incorrect here.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars were supposed to be designed around building their "house" and being very strong in it. Since PvP has a strong emphasis on mobility the "house" needs to be very good if we're going to remain in there while people fly all around us. It was never great but taking away major mending and the blazing spear stun killed the "house" concept imo.

This design needs to be rethought in full. Either make the templar "house" something people think twice about entering, or update the class to give it a bit more mobility. Making channeled focus stick to the caster would be a good change in the mobility direction. Adding a passive that gives minor expedition while channeling templar skills would be another. We don't need anything groundbreaking here, but the loss of major mending and blazing spear stun forced me to roll stamplar so at least I can get some mobility. Magic templar can still be good but I have no desire to play such a slow and clunky class that has been gutted of some good utility. The speed of light in ESO is apparently pretty damn slow.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok more than 2 but...

1. Horrible selection of Ultimates for PvP
    2. Power of the light / purifying light ahould only store the casters damage (50k health tanks hitting 6-8k 24/7 if outnumbered is ridiculous.
    3. Purifying burning embers should still give a DK the heal on purging (Else I can just purge a magdk to death)
    4. Useful magicka hard CC please (I choose to use only eclipse atm)

I disagree on mobility, I think purify does fine for me, and honestly it is refreshing to play each class differently rather than (like all stam) have almost identical skill bars and outrace hussain bolt. I choose to play MagPlar for variety of playstyle and would consider myself pretty deadly on it in solo, duo and BG PvP

Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this doesn't constitute my two things, but i was wondering what it would be like if ritual, instead of being an all at once purge, ticked every few seconds for 2 cleanses at a time or something. this removes the need to spam it and adds to the value of staying in it, but it also removes the immediate 5 negative effect removal. I'm not leaning to or away from this idea, but was wondering what people thought about things sorta like that?
    Edited by TheNightflame on May 31, 2018 10:10PM
  • RedRook
    RedRook
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magplar here.

1. Restoring aura (and either morph) is a waste of bar space, and my regen is tied to it. This is a massive pain point, I play every class and only on my templar do I have to be constantly worried about sustain, especially in PVP. Move that passive somewhere it will actually be of use to me, please. Where Light Weaver is would be fine, nobody will miss it. Ten percent regen across the board, full stop, but I'll take fifteen if you're feeling generous.

2. Aedric Spear. The whole skill line, at this point I'm perfectly fine with it just going out the window entirely although I imagine that's a minority view. I'd be making too many points if I went into detail about each skill - Javelin is the only one I actually enjoy using, and like all the Spear skills it's niche - but the whole thing is a nerfed-up glitchy mess and the ultimate is a bad joke.

Those are my top two, but my god the class is a mess. Outdated relics, terrible passives, and badly overnerfed essentials. Every time you come up with a good addition you almost immediately bang it up too, are you afraid of what happens if magplars get some power? Frustrating to play, I'm hoping the psijic skills will help but again, here we are forced to crutch because our class is messed up. SOS
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »

My tooltip was 20k+ buffed last time I ran it. I've definitely gotten a few kills with it in the past few months and it can be an okay source of pressure against people trying to heal back up even if it doesn't kill them. But I still got more kills using Sweeps in execute range than using Radiant. It just isn't worth it to run this ability over others for open world templars, as numerous non-execute abilities (even plain old Sweeps) put out greater pressure on enemies in execute range.

But the perception of the ability is that it's some kind of overpowered press-to-delete-enemy button, which couldn't be farther from the truth. I would rank it above Poison Injection in the hierarchy of executes and below every other.

Is your build an open world, self-sustaining build? I thought you were a self-professed zerg surfer :p One thing that a lot of us in the Templar discord have been talking about is how to make this ability more useful in general but *less* useful in the specific case of zerg surfers and templars in large groups. (It was beam spammers in large groups who got the ability nerfed for the rest of us in the first place.) I think one thing the PVP community as a whole agrees on is that templars in large groups can go jump in a lake.

In PVE Radiant is worthless; it's a DPS loss in almost every case. It doesn't do nearly enough damage to make up for the fact that you can't weave light attacks while you're stuck channeling it.

Awesome response. I solo all the time these days but, admittedly will surf the crap out of a Zerg if I see one. I just get REALLY powerful in a Zerg where I don’t have to worry about defense all that much. If I’m in the open world I’m pretty much just casting shields and heals until I proc a soul assault and hope it gets them low enough for the radiant.

It is also highly situational. My favorite thing is defending places like Sejanus and it can be straight up lethal in that situation. Meanwhile I’ve also gone an hour without using it.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Will do!

I watched the video and, yes, I do agree that Radiant is not an outright death sentence for some people.

Here’s the thing though, and I’d have to have @Joy_Division weigh in, I can tell from his bars that he isn’t pushing everything possible into maximizing radiant’s power. I’m sure it’s still quite strong, but even the 2% extra from an additional mages guild ability would increase its power. Also, I’m assuming that he is not wearing an infused/divines combo on his armor. Once again, maybe I’m wrong.

If your argument is that it’s a wet noodle against some players when you’re not fully specked just to maximize that move, you are correct. I’m just saying that is not the fault of radiant, but your gear/other skills.

What I would say is this: If I have to push everything possible into maximizing an ability's power, then that ability isn't very good. And that's why I no longer use this ability in any aspect of ESO.

I used to get killed all the time by this ability (one time templars were quite high on my "killed by" kill counter stats). Now I sometimes go entire nights without that happening. Other people have either come to the same conclusion as myself or are wasting their mana trying to kill me with an inefficient ability.

• dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Only issue i have with templars is block casting breathe of life over and over again. Breathe of life in my opinion should be a short uninterruptible channel so you cannot block while spamming it.

As opposed to the other heals players can use while block casting? How about the CC? How about Debuffs? You're asking to nerf an already nerfed ability. Additionally, unlike other classes Templar can't reliably heal himself with this ability making it only useful in a duel scenario. I really don't think this is a good suggestion at all and it does nothing for the major problems of the class as a whole which have been iterated (specifically the lack of resources which is the #1 problem, and the lack of cc). Templar is a deeply flawed class and needs an overhaul, not just some fine tuning. It is nothing like the other classes in that regard, although they do seem to be doing a bang up job in ruining the Warden right now. Based on my view of it, MagWarden is only good for Tanking at this point.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Will do!

Is your argument that radiant is fine because you can kill people while building 100% around this ability and wearing PVE gear (non-impen armor in PVP lol)?
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Will do!

What I would say is this: If I have to push everything possible into maximizing an ability's power, then that ability isn't very good. And that's why I no longer use this ability in any aspect of ESO.

I used to get killed all the time by this ability (one time templars were quite high on my "killed by" kill counter stats). Now I sometimes go entire nights without that happening. Other people have either come to the same conclusion as myself or are wasting their mana trying to kill me with an inefficient ability.

Totally fair! Thanks for the info.

One of the main Templar issues in general is the need to slot skills or gear simply to make cool stuff viable. Like I said in my original response I think I’m currently slotting 7/12 skills just that make my main attacks stronger. That’s crazy.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure that I can list 2 things. There are so many elements of the class that bother me as have been stated many times before. Here's a few thoughts that I'll leave to the consideration of the representative:

1. We either need significantly stronger cost reduction or stronger regeneration. The difference between any of my stamina classes and my Templar is laughable. Even with Bone Pirate Templar has terrible stamina regeneration and Repentance is a ruined skill. At this point they ought to dump Repentance and give us a real skill that actually works in all scenarios.
    2. Toppling Charge: Make it as reliable as Ambush and give us a Stamina Morph.
    3. Jabs/Sweeps: This skill usually only hits the target with 2 hits for a lot of reasons. It locks the player in position and attack and doesn't play nicely with the system of clipping that is part of the game.
    4. Spear Wall: This passive is very narrowly defined (melee only) and again more narrowly defined as it requires the player to slot an Aedric spear skill. This would not be a problem if A) The ultimate were better and B) The Charge had a Stamina morph. As it stands the tank that would want to use this needs to find a way to cram the Aedric Ulti, Blazing, Javelin, or Jabs on both bars. Easier said than done.
    5. Burning Light: Very situational and specific to spear skills (which have problems on their own. This skill like many passives generally applies to one skill, namely, Jabs). The focus is far too narrow.
    6. Radial Sweep: Very pathetic bonus to general toughness, very close range attack with damage over time pulse narrowly around character. Most players would rather use an out of class ultimate for Tankiness or Dawnbreaker (either morph) for damage.
    7. Solar Barrage: What on earth were they thinking? Make this skill like Boundless storm as a dot and get over it. They really fubarred this morph. I'm fine with Dark Flare being a cast time ability as long as it works.
    8. Eclipse: They still call this a CC? They need to get over that.
    9. Radiant Destruction: Give us Blinding Flashes back or Make this skill useful. Personally I'd rather have Blinding Flashes back even if they tie it to another skill like Sun Shield.
    10. Enduring Rays: Yet another overly narrow passive. Why are so many Templar passives only functional on a couple skills in their line at best?
    11. Illuminate: Only useful on magical builds. I like the suggestion toward something stamina that a person made above.
    12. Restoring Spirit: This is nothing compared to what a Sorcerer gets in reduction much less regeneration. This passive is a slap in the face, particularly when you look at the cost of in class abilities.
    13. Restoring Aura: A Bad skill all around. The Minor magickasteal is not bad. They've ruined Repentance, why not make a minor stamina-steal and call it good? At least that would be a unique skill and give something to the Stamplar crowd.
    14. Rune Focus: Only Major Resolve/Ward in game that makes you stand in a tiny little circle. The bonuses ought to be significantly stronger or they should rework this skill to follow with the player. I would recommend the latter for a lot of reasons, primarily that every time they make a skill good in Templar to offset the weaknesses the skill becomes overpowering. Take away that power though and the skill is essentially useless. This is true of almost every Templar skill.
    15. Light Weaver: Yet another overly narrow bonus to a handful of skills in the line. Why?
    16. Master Ritualist: This is a nice team passive. I'd hate to see it go but I'd like to add that we already have quite a few team passives. Maybe this one should do a little something more as @Solariken suggests?
    17. (EDIT) NOVA: Somehow I missed the Nova skill. This one needs reconsideration as well, iterated above. In a Trial or the like this skill is fine. The problem is that it is highly situational and not really on par for its cost (like most Templar skills).

Edited by dodgehopper_ESO on May 31, 2018 11:03PM
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    Honestly cannot remember the last time I died to Radiant Destruction.

We really should break this down into PC or Console because the Templar environments are wildly different from what I have seen. Radiant, for example, is still very effective in the right hands but takes someone gearing like a crazy person (lifts hand) in order to actually have it not be a tickle. Personally I think it’s in a very fair spot to all at this point because increasing its damage will bring out the anger from non-magplars while decreasing it further would completely ruin it. At least now if you want to run it in PVP you have to be the person who forgoes things like impen gear to maximize it which is a solid trade off.

That said ... here are my 2.

1 - Why, why, why is it so much harder to mount for Magplars than anyone else after combat? Just because I healed someone 45 seconds before does not mean I’m still fighting. It’s been a running joke for years that fights in Cyrodiil all have to wait for the magplars to arrive on foot before the real battle starts.

2 - We have access to a lot of cool stuff skills-wise, but it takes an inordinate amount of bar space to utilize everything. I can easily spend 7 of my 12 skill spots across 2 bars just on powers that make my real powers work better. Doing this for the mages guild bonuses is fine, but having to slot an Aedric Spear ability on both bars to get a vital passive is odd at best.

Bonus ... the triple fire ball is awesome visually but could really use a damage bump.

Wardens have that problem as well. Its a problem of heals I think but seems like it should be easily dealt with.
    <And plenty more>
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will try to pin point what was NOT already included in the comments, PvP perspective only:

1) Decent magicka based low cost ultimate. Current Aedric Spear ones are a total lackluster. 6 meters range is very short and considering server performance its a miss most of the time even though you are on top of your opponent. Their mechanics need to be reworked, or Dawn's Wrath ulti cost needs to be decreased drastically to 100s. While every (yes, every) solo/smallman or a simple dps-like class/build combo runs atleast 1 ulti of their class, that cant be said about Magplars or even Stamplars (some backbar slot the heal ulti, but just for funzies). All Nbs run tether/incap both versions; All DKs got leap; All sorcs got overload on backbar and very often negate on FB. All wardens run healing ult or aoe stun. ~ Templars....? lol.

2) Slow aspects of the class. Get rid of cast times, great work on the healing line so far. Do the same for aedric spear and dawns wrath. Cast times are so 2014 and no one runs such spells - they are unproductive in PvE, and get you killed in PvP. Simple as that. Jabs/Sweeps need adjustments the most, rarely work in PvP, totally unusable if rooted/slowed, grant you 0 defenses while jabbing (cyrodiils light, you say? naaaw, calculations are so far in the formula it doesnt increase resists by anything). Main DPS skill is basically countered by anyone who can click movement buttons on their keyboard and it shouldnt be that way - needs to be reworked into something cool and something that works. Idk, lock on target? aoe slow? give minor protection? minor/major vitality? major mending while jabbing? something. Give us something so we are not freely taking full damage while TRYING to deal such. I took jabs off my bars as of few days ago I just cant stand them missing anymore.
    ~ @Niekas ~

• Swimguy
    Swimguy
    ✭✭✭
    templar feels like it was made for magic and not stamina. like half the passives rarely/barely benefit me.

my only class stun is the opposite of what stamplars need and is really only used to knock people off ledges or push them into lava.

the whole AoE ground buff thing just sounds dumb to me but thats me