Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Decorating Hints, Tips & Ideas

• Iccengi
    Iccengi
    ✭✭✭
    Who wants to ride on my Ferris wheel ;)

8g4gc9dimkwf.jpeg
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iccengi wrote: »

I do, I do! :p

Really cool! Awesome job!
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iccengi wrote: »

8g4gc9dimkwf.jpeg

Wow! Freakin' awesome!! You should get an entire fun fair park happening! :smiley:
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• Iccengi
    Iccengi
    ✭✭✭

[/quote]

Wow! Freakin' awesome!! You should get an entire fun fair park happening! :smiley: [/quote]
    That’s the idea theme for the house is Coney Island
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I totally want one of these on the Fun + Debauchery side of my Linchal manor but I'm quite sure I have neither the skills nor the patience to build one. I've always been fascinated with carnivals and boardwalks and the like. Very nice!
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you turn Hedge, Overgrown upside down, it makes perfect(almost) oval, which can be used as a grass bed for oval garden. One could frame it with stones for better effect. All items are purchasable in Alinor, Summerset at local furnishing goods seller. (Garden base is total 5 items on the screenshot)
    34gktkoqrgxu.png

You could additionaly improve it if you use trees, that were sunken below the ground, so only the very top is showing to make an effect of a shrubbery. (total 8 items on the 3rd screenshot)
    Sunken trees are Tree, Sturdy Crabapple and Tree, Angled Ash (come with Domus Phrasticus) and Cherry blossom, but I suppose you could use a lot of other trees the same way (just be careful not to use too many trees for performance stability)
    1ofgvmossgkd.png
    l9zwvwoe0eqt.png

And a few little decorations (total, 12 items):
    72k202ez4g75.png

So, quite economic in terms of item count I would say, and good looking too
    Edited by NoTimeToWait on May 21, 2018 1:02AM
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I needed to close a room or two in the ground floor of Alinor Townhouse to get a better item count anywhere else and got inspired by this fountain in one of the houses I visited for quest:

UHi48uY.jpg

I tried to recreate it by using:
    - Ayleid Bookcase (craftable)
    - Alinor Fountain(craftable)
    - Alinor Potted Plant, Perpetual Bloom (craftable)
    - Dibella Icon (crownstore, but optional)

tRru5yN.jpg
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try combining items, I do it all the time here’s my Grand Imperial fountain
    iwn9ykjqdo1z.png
    31vmz9kxt4e9.png
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally it is possible to make a neat-looking small bridge with only 4 items from Alinor furnishings trader. Just need to sink it a bit into the ground (and due to better collision model for those stone stairs, it is smoothly passable without a hitch, which is hard to achieve with other items)
    1j02giztpies.png

And continuing garden theme, for those, who like more perfect shapes, it is possible to make circular garden bed with 5 Limestone Border, Stones and 4 overturned grass hedges
    ibcz4fbbpyqo.png

And this one is very conservative in item count, only 13 in total:
    b1nthrlslpux.png
    Edited by NoTimeToWait on June 2, 2018 12:20AM
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    x121yxi0x4cq.jpeg
    Wild hedges make good filling for gardens
    d9d065f5and6.jpeg
    bclnlpp0ps8x.jpeg
    Edited by Krainor1974 on June 2, 2018 12:32PM
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is possible to make decent flooring in Hunding's Palatial Hall using 16 Redguard table, Grand Inlaid and 8 Redguard table Inlaid. The central square area is a tight fit, looks pretty nice, but consumes slots and time to align tables.

141g13yeopsz.png

Nice place to have a dance I would say)
    Edited by NoTimeToWait on June 2, 2018 8:04PM
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you thought of using the Alinor Ballroom Floor? Maybe not so much in the Redguard style, but would still look good and far less slots and expense.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is possible to make decent flooring in Hunding's Palatial Hall using 16 Redguard table, Grand Inlaid and 8 Redguard table Inlaid. The central square area is a tight fit, looks pretty nice, but consumes slots and time to align tables.
    )

Now that is clever! Looks like parquet flooring, well done.
  • Futerko
    Futerko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you like game o thrones. I have my own iron throne.
    2 version (animated)

1.normal version
    rnwbsdhgw0lo.png
    2. version with fire
    t39invzl7436.png

idea for chimneyv93ppyc59fm4.png

idea for library 0b9abbtuakky.png

YOUTUBE CHANNEL HOUSING/OUTFITS

GM Aetherius Art - Housing Guild (PC EU)
  • missbanjo
    missbanjo
    ✭✭
    Kitchen hearth. Yep it uses a lot of slots lol
    fmxoiqum6kva.png

Library w/fireplace
    6e8kporrk7vp.png

• Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are some things I came up with while decorating my new house, in case anyone finds them helpful:

1) You can create a painting easel with an ashlander platter, a filled cup of some sort and a quill for the paintwater and brush, and some noble pocket lint for the watercolour paint

cpV3ejs.jpg

2) I couldn't find a well from the ones available in game, so I created my own to resemle the ones found in Reaper's March. I used the Khajiit poles, stone slabs for the base (made round with essential housing tools-- cheers @R_K!) and the round statue base for the bottom part, which is not visible due to grass xD Then I inserted the Imperial well in the strusture, so that the bucket and rope are only visible, but that's not necessary, I found that the redguard cask works well for the top part too.

wvUvpBj.jpg

3) You can use the waterfall achievement furniture from Summerset for streams and ponds. For the stream I just connested the waterfalls and for the bubbling water at the end, I used the Redguard fountain inserted in an angle so that only the geyser part was visible. For the fish pond, I connected the waterfalls and put planks around them, with some plants and lily pads.

J1N07pF.jpg

f6gIxY8.jpg

4) The argonian shelves, connected back to back, make for nice (non-functional) rope ladders. Mine lead to a treehouse, that's unfortunately inaccessible due to them being non-functional xD

7yrcP5R.jpg

5) I wanted to use something as a cutting board, so I turned upside down the wooden tray furnishing and insterted it in the counter so that only the top part was visible:

gsuhW5D.png

6) The argonian lattice is great for creating vineyards:

UuGYv0c.jpg

7) I don't have a screenshot of it, but the common skillet turned upside down, kind of looks like a handheld mirror for vanities and such :lol:
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    7) I don't have a screenshot of it, but the common skillet turned upside down, kind of looks like a handheld mirror for vanities and such :lol:

Doesn't it say a lot that we have to resort to stuff like this, when there are hand-mirrors in the game already?
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »

Doesn't it say a lot that we have to resort to stuff like this, when there are hand-mirrors in the game already?

I know! There are so many items in the game (like simple wooden ladders for eg. that would look nice against trees etc.) that are not available as furnishings though it would probably be really simple. But you know, if you have a skiller for a mirror, it can double for whacking an intruder if they tried to enter your room :lol:
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are some things I came up with while decorating my new house, in case anyone finds them helpful [...]

@Jaimeh
    Awesome list of creative ways to construct many cool things -- things people have been asking for here on the forums -- and all out of materials that we have access to in game, right now. Thank you for sharing! <3
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    Here are some things I came up with while decorating my new house, in case anyone finds them helpful [...]

@Jaimeh
    Awesome list of creative ways to construct many cool things -- things people have been asking for here on the forums -- and all out of materials that we have access to in game, right now. Thank you for sharing! <3

@R_K I've found many great ideas in this thread and the housing subforums in general, so it's nice to contribute back in some way :smile: I'm glad you thought they were helpful!
  • RavenRoxie
    RavenRoxie
    ✭✭✭✭
    I needed to close a room or two in the ground floor of Alinor Townhouse to get a better item count anywhere else and got inspired by this fountain in one of the houses I visited for quest:

UHi48uY.jpg

I tried to recreate it by using:
    - Ayleid Bookcase (craftable)
    - Alinor Fountain(craftable)
    - Alinor Potted Plant, Perpetual Bloom (craftable)
    - Dibella Icon (crownstore, but optional)

tRru5yN.jpg

This is wonderful! I need to block off the right door as you enter the estate aswell. I used the clockwork animated book shelf thing but this is so much more elegant! Thank you for sharing! <3
    Phantogram DC | Wood Elf | Magicka Nightblade/ | DPS | 856cp
    False Paradox | AD | Wood Elf | Non Combative Nightblade | Crafter | 856cp
    @RoxieParadoxx | Twitch | Twitter
  • ThoraldGM
    ThoraldGM
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the new way of looking at furniture. Here's a couple from my tavern The Stewed Horker:

Cellar trap door:
    (2 rough stone large, 5 rough stone small brick, 1 rough crate lid upside down, 1 rough Nord nightstand buried)

atb7ia5l28f1.png

Lobster display tank:
    (Redguard counter grill, display case large, Coldharbour brazier, 3 kelp piles, 2 mudcrabs)

m08piu6vv8mb.png

The streaming bubble effects look cooler in person. PC NA @ThoraldGM

Edited by ThoraldGM on August 11, 2018 2:29AM
  • ThoraldGM
    ThoraldGM
    ✭✭✭
    Nord version of a missing man table. The chair is more ornate than the others in the tavern. A personal item from someone honored prevents others from sitting on the chair. A memorial instead of a wanted poster. Wine on the rags instead of blood. Upside down mug for the friends who were lost at sea or in battle.

ygx5rtxkrjdp.png
    Edited by ThoraldGM on August 11, 2018 6:09PM
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ThoraldGM Thanks for sharing your amazing & creative ideas! I especially love the cellar trap door! Lol Expect a visit from me sometime soon as I'd love to see your home in-game! :smiley:
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• ThoraldGM
    ThoraldGM
    ✭✭✭
    Buried rowboat:

(High Elf chest of drawers, 2 Argonian poles, 2 fish, kelp, fishing pole display nearby to sell idea)

I might try this again with the High Elf bookcase, winged. This one is located at: PC NA @ThoraldGM Autumn's-Gate.

220vlzque37u.png

Edited by ThoraldGM on August 15, 2018 12:14AM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any ideas about what I might use to make a window similar to the one in the Golden Gryphon inn apartment?
  • Alexsae
    Alexsae
    ✭✭✭
    I also had the need to block off rooms, and I decided to make a closed door. It needs any solid piece that fits the doorway plus a spool and an Indoril Box, Trinket. I'm including the basic and fancy versions of the doors. :smiley:

8b1nu1la0q36.jpg

dti35yivz72s.jpg

cupmjdz7i2wz.jpg
  • Elissn
    Elissn
    ✭✭✭
    So many great ideas here!

I'm trying hard to furnish the Amaya Lodge, my first house (minus the free ones). Most effort so far went into the storehouse where I want to build a clockwork style workshop.

The lamp consists of a Clockwork Somnolostation, a Dark Elf Oil Lantern and a Candle. For the shelves I used the Clockwork Lectern.
    tgbGNxO.png

Then I built a workbench out of Orcish Counters and Plain Scavenged Plates. Placed a Small Psijic Lighting Globe in the celestiodrome for some extra light and sank everything into the ground because my char is a Bosmer.
    yw3YejG.png

Still need more toos though. I had the idea to build an 'apparatus' out of Miniature Clockwork Cranks, Clockwork Flask Stands, Dwarven Gears and a Soul Gem but I don't have enough of each yet.

My bathroom is much more WIP. I used Fungal Dark Elf Carpets and a Scavenged Support as a ceiling.
    58mjddM.png

A Sealed Clockwork Barrel looks a bit like an air conditioner. Other then that I need much more props, a sponge, a brush, maybe even a toothbrush,... Also need something to cover up the wall
    FTKWoZ4.png

Edited by Elissn on September 6, 2018 11:38PM
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brilliant door block-offs. Hnnngg...really regretting not getting the ship. Also, I really like the use of the scavenged plates as countertops. Gives a warmer feeling to contrast with the cooler tones in the walls.
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not into the traditional fireplace scene? Make a cozy firepit where you and some good friends can hang out, smoke, drink, and share some munchies.

G2J35GC.png

ilKl9j8.png
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.