Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Twitch Drops & More Are Coming to The Elder Scrolls Online!"

• DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'll tell all my guild mates about this on Xbox using the broken in-game voice chat that these are currently only available for PC/Mac users.

Lucky you. I don't have any in-game voice chat on PC to use to tell guild mates about Twitch drops.
  • ThinkerOfThings
    ThinkerOfThings
    ✭✭✭
    I see that console players are currently restricted from this service. Are console players going to have an opportunity to take advantage of this service in the future? If so, do we have a tentative ETA?
    "It is very, very sad being mortal. There is happiness, yes. But mostly sadness. As I have said, count only the happy hours." - Vivec
    XBOX - EP: Sen Sadri ( DE NB )
  • FreshlyB8ked
    FreshlyB8ked
    ✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    I'll tell all my guild mates about this on Xbox using the broken in-game voice chat that these are currently only available for PC/Mac users.

Lucky you. I don't have any in-game voice chat on PC to use to tell guild mates about Twitch drops.

Bummer....I wonder if any of the million add-ons available for PC users that help improve the functionality of this game can help you out with this? Xbox users currently only rely on the mercy of the devs to fix our issues. They seem to be quite silent on the broken chat in the game.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @zos_ginabruno any chance the rewards might be updated in the future to include cool hats, costumes? I'm more of a guar person myself. Also are the twitch consumables convertible into gems?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    I see that console players are currently restricted from this service. Are console players going to have an opportunity to take advantage of this service in the future? If so, do we have a tentative ETA?

It's something we're exploring and need to figure out some technical hurdles, but no timeline yet.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Ssalaar
    Ssalaar
    ✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    I haven't watched any Twitch streams so someone please correct me if I'm wrong here. I will be able to earn a welkynd oroborus crown crate for watching something related to the game as opposed to actually playing the game?

That seems a little strange, but I guess it supports streamers.

Lol yep ZOS marketing has reached a whole new level of derp.

A Few of my Guildmates and myself are wondering, Does that mean you'll have to be in the stream when the stream ends or is that just saying the rewards won't be sent out until the stream ends? Are they saying you have to still be watching at the end of the stream to get it, or just that you won't get it until the end of the stream? Or do you have to be watching the Stream for a certain amount of time? I remember another game you randomly got crates based on how long you watched that stream.

Ssalaar
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Passing on a question from a guildmate here

"When Twitch Drops go live, you'll have a chance to receive a Welkynd Ouroboros Crown Crate at the end of a supported stream (not during)"

Does that mean you'll have to be in the stream when the stream ends or is that just saying the rewards won't be sent out until the stream ends? For ESL you would get a DM on twitch and the rewards would show up immediately.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ssalaar wrote: »
    Solariken wrote: »
    I haven't watched any Twitch streams so someone please correct me if I'm wrong here. I will be able to earn a welkynd oroborus crown crate for watching something related to the game as opposed to actually playing the game?

Lol yep ZOS marketing has reached a whole new level of derp.

A Few of my Guildmates and myself are wondering, Does that mean you'll have to be in the stream when the stream ends or is that just saying the rewards won't be sent out until the stream ends? Are they saying you have to still be watching at the end of the stream to get it, or just that you won't get it until the end of the stream? Or do you have to be watching the Stream for a certain amount of time? I remember another game you randomly got crates based on how long you watched that stream.

Ssalaar

If it's just "watching" you can open the stream in a browser tab, mute the tab (not the volume slider on the actual website/viewbox), and presto, Twitch counts you as a viewer the whole time.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds more complicated then rewarding but whatev . It's basically free swag for watching twitch ESO channels . I really hope it's not limited to just partnered twitch streamers . I like to watch a lot of non partnered streamers just laid back and playing .
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds more complicated then rewarding but whatev . It's basically free swag for watching twitch ESO channels . I really hope it's not limited to just partnered twitch streamers . I like to watch a lot of non partnered streamers just laid back and playing .

Twitch partnered, no. But more than likely it will be ESO's affiliate/partnered streamers, streamers that have been approached by ZOS top work with them to do giveaways and what not.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ..... don’t understand.... read article.... still don’t understand.... read it again, none the wiser.... gave up...
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Twitch partnered, no. But more than likely it will be ESO's affiliate/partnered streamers, streamers that have been approached by ZOS top work with them to do giveaways and what not.

Ok I see . Well , good news for them then . Hope they enjoy the promotion .
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Passing on a question from a guildmate here

"When Twitch Drops go live, you'll have a chance to receive a Welkynd Ouroboros Crown Crate at the end of a supported stream (not during)"

Does that mean you'll have to be in the stream when the stream ends or is that just saying the rewards won't be sent out until the stream ends? For ESL you would get a DM on twitch and the rewards would show up immediately.

Our Twitch Drops work a bit differently than Legends ones. You don't have to be present at the end of the stream - the Twitch Drops are awarded after the stream (or related Twitch Drops campaign) ends.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I believe it mentions that the crates will be delivered to your associated ESO account. Will it go to NA, EU , a selected server (like the next one you log into) or will you receive the crate on both servers?
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MyKillv2.0 wrote: »
    Are there plans to include console users in this event down the road?
    I certainly hope not.

• SirPaws
    SirPaws
    ✭✭✭

That seems most likely, but even so I think it's still a very good thing. The streamers do great stuff and are very informative. I know ZOS has always been supportive of them, but now this also supports those who watch that content. I'm not saying I'd watch Elloa and Nicky, Miss Bizz, Kevduit or anyone else just because I might get a reward, but man, that's a bonus that sweetens an already enjoyable pot.
  • ClockworkCityBugs
    ClockworkCityBugs
    ✭✭✭

you can play on one monitor and launch stream on another
    if you still have 1 monitor you should buy another, its much more better for everything
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do these crates also fix lagg? If not...any kind of content/vanity stuff you add to the game is irrelevant.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, even more ways to get exclusive items for activities outside of actually playing the game.

I've gotta give you points for dedication. When you guys choose to take things in the wrong direction, you really commit to it.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will ESO Live streams count for this?

I'm unlikely to bother with any other streams besides those. So if your own streams don't count (as they might not, if this is aimed at promoting community streamers), then I can happily ignore my other concerns such as whether linking my ESO account to Twitch has any chance at all of interfering with my Amazon Prime link to Geek & Sundry Twitch.
    Edited by Donari on May 16, 2018 8:07PM
  • ThinkerOfThings
    ThinkerOfThings
    ✭✭✭

It's something we're exploring and need to figure out some technical hurdles, but no timeline yet.

Thank you Gina!
    "It is very, very sad being mortal. There is happiness, yes. But mostly sadness. As I have said, count only the happy hours." - Vivec
    XBOX - EP: Sen Sadri ( DE NB )
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, even more ways to get exclusive items for activities outside of actually playing the game.

I've gotta give you points for dedication. When you guys choose to take things in the wrong direction, you really commit to it.

To be fair, there appears to be only 2 actual ESO items that are exclusive to these crates. The 8 emotes are twitch emotes. The auroborus is for twitch. Your actual crate will just have the same crown consumables nobody here wants anyway and will hopefully be able to be gem converted. The only exclusives are one mount and one pet and who knows how rare those are. They might be 1:1000 or 1:10,000. You'll basically get crown gems pretty much every time.
  • pylawn
    pylawn
    Soul Shriven
    Just a question I haven't seen answered yet, but is it going to be limited to specific ESO streamers, or on for everyone streaming ESO with Drops enabled?
    Host of the UESPodcast & A/V Content Director for UESP.net
    Editor for the UESP Blog
    PC-NA

https://twitch.tv/UESP
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What about the broadcasters. Do they gets points for watching themselves???
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »
    What about the broadcasters. Do they gets points for watching themselves???

I actually don't know how twitch drops work... but since you are linking your twitch and eso account I'm sure it knows you are the streamer and would make you not eligible in your own stream. I don't actually know, but seems logical to me.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donari wrote: »
    Will ESO Live streams count for this?

I'm unlikely to bother with any other streams besides those. So if your own streams don't count (as they might not, if this is aimed at promoting community streamers), then I can happily ignore my other concerns such as whether linking my ESO account to Twitch has any chance at all of interfering with my Amazon Prime link to Geek & Sundry Twitch.

@Donari You can have multiple places linked to twitch, it won't interfere. I've got prime, ESL etc. all linked, no interference.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    An RNG chance at a loot crate? Can loot crates as rewards in loot crates be far behind? :)
  • pdebie64b16_ESO
    pdebie64b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    More content outside the game, whats the next step, a mud masters obstacle race to obtain a mud masters apex mount?
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, MissBizz! I'll look into doing the linking then, once ZoS confirms their own hosted streams will count. I'm not very pressed about it one way or another, though, the rewards hardly seem worth getting up in arms over missing.
    Edited by Donari on May 16, 2018 9:51PM
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's seems ridiculous console players always get treated like garbage when it comes to certain things i report bots on console nothing ever gets done about them pc players report bots they do something about it console players block feature needs fixed so we don't have to see people harassing us yet it doesn't get fixed pc needs something fixed it gets fixed with no problem now this an opportunity pc/mac players get us console players don't you guys should be ashamed of the way you treat ps4 and xbox players we always get the short end of the stick games unplayable at times on console ps4 at least in pvp and no one gives a flying crap you just continue to push crap out for people to buy enough excuses already hell console streamers don't even get invited to zos so they can give feedback on stuff
    Edited by Jake1576 on May 16, 2018 11:03PM