Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Twitch Drops & More Are Coming to The Elder Scrolls Online!"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
64f8e23539bf156e8c6d4ea695f5406a.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the "Twitch Drops & More Are Coming to The Elder Scrolls Online!" blog article.

Very soon, you'll be able to earn unique Crown Crates just by watching The Elder Scrolls Online on Twitch, and we're bringing Crown Packs, ESO Plus, and ESO: Summerset to the Games on Twitch digital store. Want to know more? Check out this article for full details!

Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing this doesn't count for the daily log-in for the log-in reward (because someone somewhere will wonder that.)

Are the purchases for *anything* in the Crown store or select items only? At the top the article mentions " Crown Packs, an ESO Plus membership, and The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset Standard Edition" but later it talks about general shopping and getting a type of crate for purchasing through twitch, suggesting other items will eventually be available.

Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Called it a year ago. :tongue:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/350904/bethesda-twitch-drops-eso

I guess this is good for getting more people into watching or streaming ESO but not something which I care for personally.
    Depending how the drops are earned I might just leave streams on whilst I am working on RP stuff or something, I just generally am not a stream watching person.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too far ZOS.
    PC-NA
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind console players not receiving this. But what I not know, temporary or permanently for pc only?
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • FreshlyB8ked
    FreshlyB8ked
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll tell all my guild mates about this on Xbox using the broken in-game voice chat that these are currently only available for PC/Mac users.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    I'm guessing this doesn't count for the daily log-in for the log-in reward (because someone somewhere will wonder that.)

Are the purchases for *anything* in the Crown store or select items only? At the top the article mentions " Crown Packs, an ESO Plus membership, and The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset Standard Edition" but later it talks about general shopping and getting a type of crate for purchasing through twitch, suggesting other items will eventually be available.

It's anything that will be available to purchase via Twitch; only some specific items will be available for purchase.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • JXNwarrior
    JXNwarrior
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno any word on this making its way to console accounts at some point?
    PC NA 300 CP
    PS4 NA 1200+ CP
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

It's anything that will be available to purchase via Twitch; only some specific items will be available for purchase.

Also, just want to add that although you will get a the Crown Crate after making a purchase, but you also will have a chance to get it through Twitch Drops too.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Called it a year ago. :tongue:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/350904/bethesda-twitch-drops-eso

I guess this is good for getting more people into watching or streaming ESO but not something which I care for personally.
    Depending how the drops are earned I might just leave streams on whilst I am working on RP stuff or something, I just generally am not a stream watching person.

Generally that's how it works. Other companies let you have the stream up and you'll have a chance to get something. Quake Champions and Warframe are two that come to mind immediately. Warframe you need to be watching for a certain amount of time and you get something specific. Quake you get loot boxes just for lurking. But as the article says, you need to be a in a streamers channel that is "partnered" with the company.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll tell all my guild mates about this on Xbox using the broken in-game voice chat that these are currently only available for PC/Mac users.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/412515/will-xbox-voice-chat-be-fixed-in-summerset#latest

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crates within crates?
    This is truly the future.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OK, so sounds like it's limited selection, possibly on a seasonal or promotional basis, or maybe "TBD" at present. :smile:
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Are there plans to include console users in this event down the road?

• mdylan2013
    mdylan2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait... what? Console users won't be able to get the special crates?
    PS4/EU
    CP-1300+
    PSN - LookoutLuke
    15 Max level toons
    PVE/PVP
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will there only be rare apex mounts and consumables? Will there be pets and other low tier rewards to cushion the rng? Will it be convertible to gems
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    More content that people have to go outside of the game to get does not make me want to go get it, it just makes me resent that I'm going to see it in the game.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    More content that people have to go outside of the game to get does not make me want to go get it, it just makes me resent that I'm going to see it in the game.

Maybe an add-on could hide all Crown Store stuff and make it look like generic skins, outfits, and mounts?

No snark, I really wonder if that is possible.

Could also come in handy for those RP people and others who feel their immersion is intruded upon by some of the stuff that's out there like ice horses and cowboy hats.

• AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an avid watcher of ESO streamers, and a console player, I'm very, very disappointed that ZOS has decided to exclude console players from this promotion.
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As an avid watcher of ESO streamers, and a console player, I'm very, very disappointed that ZOS has decided to exclude console players from this promotion.

Excluded so far. As usual, they have to deal with Sony and Microsoft with accounts and what not.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ManwithBeard9 I'm not buying it. Plenty of other games have twitch drops cross-platform.
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When exactly does this go live @ZOS_GinaBruno on May 21st? If it is, say if it is midnight eastern time, it's only 9pm here on the west coast and there are often ESO streamers on. :)
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't watched any Twitch streams so someone please correct me if I'm wrong here. I will be able to earn a welkynd oroborus crown crate for watching something related to the game as opposed to actually playing the game?

That seems a little strange, but I guess it supports streamers.
    Edited by VaranisArano on May 16, 2018 4:50PM
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ManwithBeard9 I'm not buying it. Plenty of other games have twitch drops cross-platform.

Im aware. For whatever reason ZOS has issues with Microsoft. Sony a much lesser extent.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We should get a Twitch Crate for linking the accounts just to get us started!
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 wanting to know about consoles
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be able to earn a welkynd oroborus crown crate for watching something related to the game?
    Yes

• Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't watched any Twitch streams so someone please correct me if I'm wrong here. I will be able to earn a welkynd oroborus crown crate for watching something related to the game as opposed to actually playing the game?

That seems a little strange, but I guess it supports streamers.

Lol yep ZOS marketing has reached a whole new level of derp.
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Will there only be rare apex mounts and consumables? Will there be pets and other low tier rewards to cushion the rng? Will it be convertible to gems

nothing about apex mounts
    exclusive Senche of Scarlet Regret mount or Senche Cub of Scarlet Regret pet.....
    Note that beyond the typical “Common" and “Fine" rewards found in regular Crown Crates and (on rare occasions) the above mount and pet, Welkynd Ouroboros Crown Crates do not contain any other tiers of items.

that's all
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

From the article:

Note that beyond the typical “Common" and “Fine" rewards found in regular Crown Crates and (on rare occasions) the above mount and pet, Welkynd Ouroboros Crown Crates do not contain any other tiers of items.

So, the answer is no. Just consumables with a rare chance at the mount or pet.
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why in the hell is this only available for pc/mac players console players should get the same opportunity this is both dumb and a joke