The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Official Discussion Thread for "Twitch Drops & More Are Coming to The Elder Scrolls Online!"

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Remag_Div wrote: »
    So when exactly does this go live? I don't see anything in the twitch game store yet.

We're still running a few tests and working with Twitch to get this live. At this point it may not be going live today, but we'll let you know as soon as it's available.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So when exactly does this go live? I don't see anything in the twitch game store yet.

We're still running a few tests and working with Twitch to get this live. At this point it may not be going live today, but we'll let you know as soon as it's available.

Awesome, thank you!
  • Kybotica
    Kybotica
    ✭✭✭

Any word on this? Also, does this mean that drops aren't active yet either? I've been watching for a while and haven't seen any or seen anybody else get one. Can we get details on when/where exactly these are going to drop? Who is approved to have drops active on their accounts?
    M'iaq the Honest- PC/NA
    EP Khajiit Nightblade
    Guild of Shadows
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI this is live now. I just tested and bought 750 crowns while watching Alcast's stream and got the loot (the buying options are below the video stream).
  • Kybotica
    Kybotica
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm that I just got a crate by watching a stream. I believe it was Alcast but not 100% because I was moving between a few. Haven't opened it yet, but you'll get a notice that a "code" was redeemed on your account when you earn one.
    Edited by Kybotica on May 22, 2018 11:47PM
    M'iaq the Honest- PC/NA
    EP Khajiit Nightblade
    Guild of Shadows
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kybotica wrote: »
    I can confirm that I just got a crate by watching a stream. I believe it was Alcast but not 100% because I was moving between a few. Haven't opened it yet, but you'll get a notice that a "code" was redeemed on your account when you earn one.

So just to be clear, these are just certain streamers we have to watch, not everyone streaming ESO at any given time? And all we do is just watch or have a tab open? This works when viewing on a tablet or phone with the twitch app, right?
  • JohnWYB
    JohnWYB
    Soul Shriven
    Strange, when I opened the twitch crate I got for buying a 30 day sub, I got a emote, a crate, and 5 bits. Wasn't it meant to be the Ouroboros Badge for twitch and not 5 bits?
  • TimidGazelle
    TimidGazelle
    ✭✭✭
    Strange, when I opened the twitch crate I got for buying a 30 day sub, I got a emote, a crate, and 5 bits. Wasn't it meant to be the Ouroboros Badge for twitch and not 5 bits?

You submit a ticket?
  • JohnWYB
    JohnWYB
    Soul Shriven

You submit a ticket?

I was hoping to find that I was not the only one who had this. Or to find if it is not a 100% chance for the badge from the crates or something. I will submit a ticket with either Twitch, or ESO (which I doubt they could do anything as this is twitch side) if I don't hear anyone else having the same issue soon. I am thinking it might only be a drop from crates given from crown purchases maybe, I have only purchased the 30 day subscription.
  • TimidGazelle
    TimidGazelle
    ✭✭✭

You submit a ticket?

I was hoping to find that I was not the only one who had this. Or to find if it is not a 100% chance for the badge from the crates or something. I will submit a ticket with either Twitch, or ESO (which I doubt they could do anything as this is twitch side) if I don't hear anyone else having the same issue soon. I am thinking it might only be a drop from crates given from crown purchases maybe, I have only purchased the 30 day subscription.

The whole situation has been questionable. No clear news on when it was delayed, or when it went live. Wouldn't be shocked if things didn't work properly.
  • Bloodystab
    Bloodystab
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why we just can't buy ESO+ directly from ESO and get that crates...

My ESO+ ended with Summerset launch, now i have to wait untill Twitch Store update so i can fully enjoy game and get free goodies...

What next? Buy ESO+ from garage salers to get free mount?

NVM... Just saw prices on Twitch Store, im not gonna pay 5$ more for 90 days game time (EU)
    Edited by Bloodystab on May 23, 2018 8:50AM
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think there's something wrong currently.

The news article said you would receive 1 of 7 emotes, the Ouroboros twitch badge, and the Welkynd Crown Crate with each twitch store purchase. I received my badge and crate, but I got some random twitch emote that looks like it's not associated with the ones they listed in the news article. I also thought these were going to be in-game emotes, not twitch chat emotes.

Can we get some clarification on this @ZOS_GinaBruno ?

Edited by Remag_Div on May 23, 2018 2:01PM
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got a random drop from a stream, but... :joy:

Screenshot_20180523_210557.png

"Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfkeks wrote: »
    Got a random drop from a stream, but... :joy:

Screenshot_20180523_210557.png

Please, tell me that is not serious xDDD

"I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hanokihs wrote: »
    RNG is not fun.

Why can't the people brainstorming all this garbage figure that out?

UGH. These super special mounts and pets better not be Radiant-level hard to obtain. It looks like crate drops are relatively limited, which is stupid if true. People have jobs and bedtimes. Console players aren't even going to be included at all, when this program launches. You could at least get it working before trotting it out like a horse with two broken legs.

And speaking of horses, it was datamined that you put a black and purple horse in these janky boxes with a skin that really should've been used for the new Summerset trial reward so now I'm extra salty because your art department's talent is being seriously misappropriated and you're all a bunch of chub loons, seriously wtf

RNG may not be fun, but apparently it keeps players around for longer than simply letting them buy what they want, feel satisfied with it, get bored, and move on.

Hence why we continue to see RNG, despite it not being fun for players.

But yeah, its hard to get excited about a new program for PC/Mac users only with every console user feeling left out.

Free RNG is fun.
  • Lalayla
    Lalayla
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I made a test purchase - did not get the crowns I purchased, nor the "Welkynd Oroborous Crate" (Spelled wrong on the twitch page - on the ESO Pages it is spelled "Ouroboros " in your announcement post.) I have screenshots of the confirmation and it says 'Check in game to receive your hot new in-game content."

Yes I have my Twitch account linked to my ESO account.
    Yes, I'm 100% sure.
    I did get the Twitch Badge and Emote.
    I did get the email.

Is delivery of the in-game items delayed?
    Edited by Lalayla on May 23, 2018 7:54PM
    Lala
  • Forgebreaker
    Forgebreaker
    ✭✭
    Heard tell that Twitch Drops were available for Xbox players now, can anyone confirm? If so, I still don’t have the option to link a twitch account in my Account options, the only option is to unlink my Xbox live account. FANX - Sevatar
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was watching all crate eligible streams last night to their end and I recieved no crates - the night before I recieved one from Kev's stream. I think there is definitely something wrong with the system - since the article says you should recieve a crate by the end of a stream.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heard tell that Twitch Drops were available for Xbox players now, can anyone confirm? If so, I still don’t have the option to link a twitch account in my Account options, the only option is to unlink my Xbox live account. FANX - Sevatar
    @Forgebreaker Nothing official has been said from ZOS so I wouldn't believe it personally. The last official statement was they're looking at it.

Also still confused how this all works.

For the random drops, I link accounts (done), then I just have to watch any streams which qualify for any amount of time and at the end of each stream (or event) I get a chance for a drop?

Can I have six tabs open with all valid streams and qualify for one chance per stream, do I have to watch for a specific period of time? Divines I wish they wouldn't add exclusives to this system.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • TimidGazelle
    TimidGazelle
    ✭✭✭
    Strait got just potions from the crown crate. :/
    Edited by TimidGazelle on May 24, 2018 3:46PM
  • Pajor
    Pajor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got an email receipt from ESO today about the stream I watched on twitch yesterday saying I got a crate and it will be applied to my account. If anyone has got a crate receipt, how long did it take to appear in your account?
    Edited by Pajor on May 24, 2018 4:06PM
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Furcula wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Have there been any decisions made as to which broadcasters will be selected to have twitch drop enabled on their stream? Or will it be a random selection process?

There will be a process that is not random, but the details are still being finalized. We'll be sure to let everyone know ahead of time, though.

Soo, few streamers already have it but didnt seen any announcement how to get it. Could you explain process now?
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Screenshot_20180524_155120.png

Screenshot_20180524_175423.png

2 more free drops :D
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zinaroth wrote: »
    I was watching all crate eligible streams last night to their end and I recieved no crates - the night before I recieved one from Kev's stream. I think there is definitely something wrong with the system - since the article says you should recieve a crate by the end of a stream.

How do you know what is crate supporting stream? Thought if watching any stream that has set 'The Elder Scrolls Online' as the game they stream would enable crates given that the person watching has linked eso and twitch account.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syntse wrote: »
    Zinaroth wrote: »

How do you know what is crate supporting stream? Thought if watching any stream that has set 'The Elder Scrolls Online' as the game they stream would enable crates given that the person watching has linked eso and twitch account.
    @Syntse currently the only way to know is streamers listing it in their stream titles and the green text below the game name on their stream saying drops enabled.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd gotten two crates through purchases via Twitch and each only contained consumables. I'd watched several streams throughout the day but received no drops. Given minimum cost to purchase an item and receive a crate is $8.00 (for the cheapest crown pack) and what seems to be a super rare occurrence of getting a drop I would suggest that they look at ways of undiluting the crown crate drop pool. Some ideas include granting a guaranteed X-tier or better item in a crate, reducing the range of poisons and potions offered, maybe even always allowing these crates drop 5 cards instead of 4 with a possible 5th.
    Edited by lonewolf26 on May 24, 2018 5:44PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    any chance you guys can add the chance to get the holiday dyes from these crates so we can use for our outfits?
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lonewolf26 wrote: »
    I'd gotten two crates through purchases via Twitch and each only contained consumables. I'd watched several streams throughout the day but received no drops. Given minimum cost to purchase an item and receive a crate is $8.00 (for the cheapest crown pack) and what seems to be a super rare occurrence of getting a drop I would suggest that they look at ways of undiluting the crown crate drop pool. Some ideas include granting a guaranteed X-tier or better item in a crate, reducing the range of poisons and potions offered, maybe even always allowing these crates drop 5 cards instead of 4 with a possible 5th.

Agreed.

Right now the cost of getting a crate and what you receive in the crate is ridiculous. Some more incentive needs to be added besides a .01% chance to get a mount.
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Syntse wrote: »
    @Syntse currently the only way to know is streamers listing it in their stream titles and the green text below the game name on their stream saying drops enabled.

So guess the twitch drops are still in some testing phase. Very stupid if they enable it only for some certain streamers and do not even list the streamers that have it enabled.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Lake
    Lake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's mine. :open_mouth:
    GSJO18V.png