The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Official Discussion Thread for "Twitch Drops & More Are Coming to The Elder Scrolls Online!"

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    It's seems ridiculous console players always get treated like garbage when it comes to certain things i report bots on console nothing ever gets done about them pc players report bots they do something about it console players block feature needs fixed so we don't have to see people harassing us yet it doesn't get fixed pc needs something fixed it gets fixed with no problem now this an opportunity pc/mac players get us console players don't you guys should be ashamed of the way you treat ps4 and xbox players we always get the short end of the stick games unplayable at times on console ps4 at least in pvp and no one gives a flying crap you just continue to push crap out for people to buy enough excuses already hell console streamers don't even get invited to zos so they can give feedback on stuff

1. Bots are rampant on pc too
    2. PvP is a mess in pc as well
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am really not liking this. Anything that drops rare mount and is "chance" based is terrible. I am watching streams every day but I know the double RNG behind this will screw me over as always. I want to buy this mount.
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I’m seeing console players aren’t included, not that it bothers me personally but I don’t see the sense in alienating your biggest audience.
  • Sektion67
    Sektion67
    ✭✭✭
    Yawn. When can we earn rare mounts from actually playing the game? The business model of this game has actually started to reduce the fun factor.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What the heck is Twitch? If it's an app.. ahh, forget about it..
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I’m seeing console players aren’t included, not that it bothers me personally but I don’t see the sense in alienating your biggest audience.

Clearly if you read it doesn't say that they don't plan to include console, just implies that they will not be included at launch
  • Furcula
    Furcula
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Have there been any decisions made as to which broadcasters will be selected to have twitch drop enabled on their stream? Or will it be a random selection process?
  • Syncronaut
    Syncronaut
    ✭✭✭
    We dont have a time to watch other players play. We play instead. Make this rewarding. :|
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could be less critical/grumpy if they just dropped the current seasons crates.

My issue with this really revolves around the fact it's new exclusives which means if I want an exclusive I have to partake in something I don't normally do.
    I think the drops are good for ESO and the streaming community, but adding more exclusives to make us do thing we don't want to do rubs me the wrong way.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I could be less critical/grumpy if they just dropped the current seasons crates.

My issue with this really revolves around the fact it's new exclusives which means if I want an exclusive I have to partake in something I don't normally do.
    I think the drops are good for ESO and the streaming community, but adding more exclusives to make us do thing we don't want to do rubs me the wrong way.

Ahhh.. here, here. Can't agree more. Not that there is anything exclusive, but similarly to having to go in Cyrodiil and PvPing to get Vigor and Caltrops when one dislikes the entire concept of PvP.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syncronaut wrote: »
    We dont have a time to watch other players play. We play instead. Make this rewarding. :|

This also..

Although, we do get the other crown crates for logging on and being an ESO plus member and such. However, yeah.. some of us don't have time to watch other players play nor desire to. Then, again, probably why they are rewarding those that will watch or partake in this Twitch thing; whatever it is. Also, just the term, Twitch, doesn't seem so appealing.

l never heard of this Twitch before and going on 3 years with ESO. Must be something quite new that Zen is sponsoring or in partnership with that they are trying to promote; or is it just not too popular that ZOS is trying to promote to get more folks to partake in.

Whatever it is, l'm not one who typically watch other players play; hence l will not be getting such reward. l'm ok with that. Fine.. reward those that do participate. Not the end of the world not getting a certain free crown crate or reward.
    Edited by GreenhaloX on May 17, 2018 12:05PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreenhaloX wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »

Ahhh.. here, here. Can't agree more. Not that there is anything exclusive, but similarly to having to go in Cyrodiil and PvPing to get Vigor and Caltrops when one dislikes the entire concept of PvP.

I mean, sure, except for the fact that going to Cyrodiil and PVPing to get Caltrops is at least a part of playing the game as opposed to this which is a reward for watching something related to playing the game, not actually playing the game.

Otherwise, we'd be complaining about stuff exclusive to dungeons and trials, and that just doesn't make sense. Of course you get special/skills for doing different things in the game!

What doesn't quite make sense to me is why there's going to be exclusive stuff for watching stuff related to the game as opposed to actually playing the game, but I suppose ZOS just wants to support/attract streamers?
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the linking of accounts also work if you're playing through Steam?
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    l never heard of this Twitch before and going on 3 years with ESO. Must be something quite new that Zen is sponsoring or in partnership with that they are trying to promote; or is it just not too popular that ZOS is trying to promote to get more folks to partake in.

Twitch is very popular and has been around for several years. Tons of people watch people stream games there. ESO just doesn't do as well as other comparable games like FFXIV or WoW, but viewership for ESO has grown some recently.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Furcula wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Have there been any decisions made as to which broadcasters will be selected to have twitch drop enabled on their stream? Or will it be a random selection process?

There will be a process that is not random, but the details are still being finalized. We'll be sure to let everyone know ahead of time, though.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Alarra
    Alarra
    ✭✭✭
    So it won’t be like Legends where everyone who plays can enable Twitch drops (provided they’ve linked their account & the stream has more than one viewer)? That’s disappointing.
    UESP - Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995.
    UESP forum/blog/Discord admin, wiki patroller, NA/PC Guild Advisor
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

Clearly if you read it doesn't say that they don't plan to include console, just implies that they will not be included at launch

I never said I read it, but going off what I seen aka the comments...either way they aren’t included currently.

• ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Alittle confused on some parts of this lol so we buy thing from twitch (is this eso related things or twitch related things) and we will receive an exclusive twitch crown crate? There is also a chance to receive an eso related item at the end of certain twitch streams that are streaming eso, including crown packs, crates and eso + memberships?
  • Furcula
    Furcula
    ✭✭✭
    Furcula wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

There will be a process that is not random, but the details are still being finalized. We'll be sure to let everyone know ahead of time, though.

Thank you for the response! :)
  • Icy
    Icy
    ✭✭✭✭
    So it's not going to be anyone who streams ESO, in the same way that anyone who streams TES:Legends has drops (if they choose to enable them)?
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RNG is not fun.

Why can't the people brainstorming all this garbage figure that out?

UGH. These super special mounts and pets better not be Radiant-level hard to obtain. It looks like crate drops are relatively limited, which is stupid if true. People have jobs and bedtimes. Console players aren't even going to be included at all, when this program launches. You could at least get it working before trotting it out like a horse with two broken legs.

And speaking of horses, it was datamined that you put a black and purple horse in these janky boxes with a skin that really should've been used for the new Summerset trial reward so now I'm extra salty because your art department's talent is being seriously misappropriated and you're all a bunch of chub loons, seriously wtf
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hanokihs wrote: »
    RNG is not fun.

Why can't the people brainstorming all this garbage figure that out?

UGH. These super special mounts and pets better not be Radiant-level hard to obtain. It looks like crate drops are relatively limited, which is stupid if true. People have jobs and bedtimes. Console players aren't even going to be included at all, when this program launches. You could at least get it working before trotting it out like a horse with two broken legs.

And speaking of horses, it was datamined that you put a black and purple horse in these janky boxes with a skin that really should've been used for the new Summerset trial reward so now I'm extra salty because your art department's talent is being seriously misappropriated and you're all a bunch of chub loons, seriously wtf

RNG may not be fun, but apparently it keeps players around for longer than simply letting them buy what they want, feel satisfied with it, get bored, and move on.

Hence why we continue to see RNG, despite it not being fun for players.

But yeah, its hard to get excited about a new program for PC/Mac users only with every console user feeling left out.
  • Latin
    Latin
    ✭✭✭
    The streams are attractive enough by themselves to people who would tune in, really don't need any additional incentives to draw audience.

Surely there are more important things that deserve development time.
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »
    What about the broadcasters. Do they gets points for watching themselves???

If viewers can get drops during a specific stream, the streamer always has the same chance. At least that's how it works in Legends and other games with Twitch Drops.

For example, if you stream playing TES Legends and a friend watches you, you both have the same chance to get a drop every x hours.
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syncronaut wrote: »

This also..

Although, we do get the other crown crates for logging on and being an ESO plus member and such. However, yeah.. some of us don't have time to watch other players play nor desire to. Then, again, probably why they are rewarding those that will watch or partake in this Twitch thing; whatever it is. Also, just the term, Twitch, doesn't seem so appealing.

Whatever it is, l'm not one who typically watch other players play; hence l will not be getting such reward. l'm ok with that. Fine.. reward those that do participate. Not the end of the world not getting a certain free crown crate or reward.

Last night 350k+ people watched Fortnite streams at once on Twitch. Yeah, it's not popular at all :tongue: (I wasn't one of them since I watched Trion's Atlas Reactor dev stream)
  • President_PUG
    President_PUG
    ✭✭✭
    What is twitch? To me its more important then discord.Definatly more informing and accessible then discord.If your running a dungeon group with discord, you only have audio,and chat text. If you run with live twitch broadcast everyone has access to the video and can watch what is happening LIVE. No guessing where what why is going on It's awesome. Everyone keeps blaming ZOS, and ESO, Wake Up learn something right now...ITS BETHESDA that is The boss and says what is what, and if you want a game changing idea to happen..Convince Them, There Development Team, The people with The finances, They want to know if its gonna em anything, also The publishers that own the rights, You don't just say Fix this fix that, I want this I want that, The game as is right now is 2-3 years to implement changes. People think its just a few people to do this or that, Learn This RIGHT NOW! Bethesda is 100's people, working on DOOM,Fallout,Quake,Prey, Dishonored, The Evil Within, Wolfenstein, RAGE & more! Your a little fish in a pond of Millions. Bad mouthing the process and not taking the time to understand how things actually work? Makes you invisible. Posting suggestions for ESO FORUMS is helpful, but its at the very end of the food chain as far as Bethesda is concerned, they have to make money, and The process is more then just turning a TV channel. Will it work? Test Test Test it. That cost money..BTW if your not active in testing the product when offered, you will never be able any suggestion about making the game better, cuz you dont even understand whats going on. So do yourself and the community a favor research MMORPG development and implementation online.
    “Don’t wish it was easier, wish you were better.”
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance we can have a pool of popular crown store items that went away to have a drop chance in twitch crates? items like the dro mathra senche and other desired items would help cushion the good loot with the bad loot.
  • nooblox85
    nooblox85
    ✭✭
    Where is it?
    Cliff racer enthusiast
  • jmgrant44ub17_ESO
    jmgrant44ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This is a little late. Watching streamers stream ESO days have pasted. Yesterday there were more people watching Skyrim stream than ESO. Most of the really good streamers have moved on. There is nothing to see for the seasoned player but rerun content. I watch Twitch all the time so maybe you are going to pay some of the big streamers to play the game which you have done before.
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So when exactly does this go live? I don't see anything in the twitch game store yet.