The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• Walllessfury
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    A plea for the elder scrolls in the ep base has been bugged for me for a long time

You should try the tip posted earlier about walking away from it and back in a few times for it to load in correctly for you. (I assume it is not loading on top of the base for you to interact with.)

I grabbed it not that long ago after someone tipped me about it - and it works.

I’m not sure how many times to walk to and away from it but I’ve done it in Ss at least for 5 minutes and nothing happened
    Options
  • JaredDragonclaw
    Introduction to Aedric Studies Alert!!!!

Found it on Xbox NA server, shor campaign in Temple district. April 19, 2018. In the southeast building second floor. One of the bookshelves in the stack of 4.

Edited by JaredDragonclaw on April 20, 2018 12:59AM
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A plea for the elder scrolls in the ep base has been bugged for me for a long time

You should try the tip posted earlier about walking away from it and back in a few times for it to load in correctly for you. (I assume it is not loading on top of the base for you to interact with.)

er I'm on ad and ill probably not survive to long if attacked by the mobs
    Options
  • kyria.paganb16_ESO
    kyria.paganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I am AD too. A PvE'er no less - hehe. What I did was kite and range some of the mobs inside and kill a few of them in batches of 2-4 at a time until I had thinned the herd a little and had a clear opening to run inside. You can then slot Rapid Maneuvers, shield up, sprint in and read as you run and take as many trips dipping in and out as you need to locate the book and try for it to spawn. You might well not need to thin the herd even. If you die to NPCs you can rezz at that location and try again. I might have gotten lucky, but it worked for me. The EP "A Plea for the Elder Scrolls" was one of the last Cyro books I got my hands on.

One approach if you have the time would be to get through the gate (I sneak close, then mount up and ride through when it looks clear, keep riding and veer off to one of the sides/off the track, dismount and hide). When EP has grabbed the next Keep and the gates are closed you will not see the same amount of traffic as they have the option to port past you now. In any case - not many PvP'ers hang out around their kept resources as that is simply not where the AP or action is, so you are usually pretty safe.

Craft yourself some Invisi-pots with speed: Blessed Thistle + Blue Entoloma + Namira's Rot to allow you to cover more ground. Being a vamp stage 4 is amazing for sneak movement, but you take big hits from fire dmg which a fair few NPCs have. I also got hold of two sneak sets to make me less visible. Night Terror Set x3 + Night Mother's Embrace x5. I also use these sets for Heists. I got them to purple and did not bother with better traits on them until I started capping on transmutation stones during this event - of course this means you will take a hit on survivability and dps.
    [EU PC]
    Options
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Introduction to Aedric Studies Alert!!!!

Found it on Xbox NA server, shor campaign in Temple district. April 19, 2018. In the southeast building second floor. One of the bookshelves in the stack of 4.

damn....only if it's PC :(. Thanks jared, the Xbox folks will definitely appreciate this :)
    Options
  • WardogAce
    WardogAce
    ✭✭✭
    I finally finished the whole collection about a week ago :) it's been years of effort and a big thanks to this thread!
    You walk the narrow path that cuts between glory and sacrifice--valor and patience. You measure your pursuit of honor with reason and foresight.
    Playing since October 2013
    • Armazd Krikor: Stamina Sorcerer- DC Redguard | PVE/PVP DPS
    • Artemis Mihr: Magicka Templar - EP Dunmer | PVP DPS
    • Arwen Lucine: Magicka Sorcerer - DC Dunmer | PVE DPS
    vMA | vDSA | vSO HM | vHRC HM | vAA HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS +1 | vCR +2

Options
  • efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got mine completed earlier this week, thank you everyone!
    dgrnaan.jpg
    AD is the best looking faction. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.
    Options
  • Clovis23
    Clovis23
    Woeler wrote: »
    Letter to Lady Sulima in Hew's Bane. Can't access the mansion anymore after doing the TG quests.

Somebody have news about this ?
    Or how to access
    It miss only this book for me

Thanks
    Options
  • Gigasax
    Gigasax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just missing Orders to Halskar for over 6 or 7 months now :/
    - Noractis -
    - PC EU -
    Options
  • LadyMamoulian
    LadyMamoulian
    ✭✭✭
    Similarly to some of you I collected ALL Eidetic Memory books already.. except one. I am still missing the "Introduction to Daedric Studies" from The Imperial City and I am about to give up. I cannot even count the times I have gone down there looking for it! I think it must have been hundreds of times. I always try twice in my two campaigns (home and guest campaign) but then I have to wait for TWO days for the bookshelves in the IC to reset :( Is there some way to speed this tedious process up? Thanks!
    Options
  • Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭
    For those interested, I can confirm the book "Year 2920, vol.26" can be found randomly in Imperial City. I found it today, in Temple District in Shor Campaign EU, bookshelf 5 (as per original post)

this book had no source referenced in the Lorebook addon, but well it definitly drops in IC , in town, not sewers (maybe sewers too..)

Options
  • Walllessfury
    Clovis23 wrote: »
    Woeler wrote: »
    Letter to Lady Sulima in Hew's Bane. Can't access the mansion anymore after doing the TG quests.

Somebody have news about this ?
    Or how to access
    It miss only this book for me

Thanks
    You can reaccess the building after the quest, or enter another building that’s open that goes through a courtyard with a door to the building with this book in it

Options
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nudel wrote: »
    Zinaroth wrote: »
    *snip*

Still no word on the following two though, which have also been bugged since launch:

Eidetic Memory Lorebook: Practical Necromancy
    Not achieveable after having completed the quest "A Walk Above the Clouds" in The Rift. Supposed to be on/near the body of a cultist named Nordahl, at the first bonfire after having scaled the ladder leading up to Forelhost. All other lorebooks associated with this quest has been placed at the bottom of the ladder but it seems this one was left out.

*snip*

@Zinaroth Practical Necromancy is a fairly common occurrence in Stormhaven bookshelves. As in, I've been finding it multiple times a day while running through that zone the past few weeks across multiple characters. Try the Wayrest Mages Guild Hall, Norvulk Ruins, or the library in the basement of Alcaire Keep at Alcaire Castle (accessible if you have completed the quest Army at the Gates). They have a good number of available bookshelves.

@nudel are you sure about this?
    Been trying the spots you mention 1-2 times each day for a week now and nothing has come of it.
    Furthermore these bookshelves are not listed as a source for the book, and pretty much everything points in the direction of it being a quest exclusive lorebook.
    However your instructions are very clear and I see how helpful you have been to others - but are you sure you're not confusing it with some of the other books in the game on necromancy (of which there are quite a few with drop chances registered on bookshelves all over Tamriel)?
    Personally I have yet to see any lorebook off the bookshelves you mention involving necromancy.
    Thanks for the advice and your future answer!

Edit: Found it in the Norvulk Ruins delve after over a week of trying - thank you very much!
    Edited by Zinaroth on April 25, 2018 7:41AM
    Options
  • LadyMamoulian
    LadyMamoulian
    ✭✭✭
    Is there some knowledge as to how often do the bookshelves in the Imeprial city rotate their content or not? Sometimes I have to wait two ful days (48 hours) for their content to change. Or am I doing something wrong?
    Options
  • iceman784
    iceman784
    ✭✭✭
    I was doing the imperial city bookshelf grind, when i got the book "The Year 2920, Vol. 28"
    nBt7ymB.png
    but it seems its not tracked by the in-game library
    yVswYmd.png
    Options
  • iceman784
    iceman784
    ✭✭✭
    Is there some knowledge as to how often do the bookshelves in the Imeprial city rotate their content or not? Sometimes I have to wait two ful days (48 hours) for their content to change. Or am I doing something wrong?

Somebody told me they should reset every hour or so. I can confirm that they reset at least every 4 hours(dont want to farm books that hard, so didnt test it), but i do go in only one campaign
    Options
  • LadyMamoulian
    LadyMamoulian
    ✭✭✭
    RIGHT NOW ALERT There is the The Distributes Soul very rare book right now in the Shor Campaign on the PC in the Imperial City temple district Recotry! If you dont have this book and you are reading this do hurry there now :)
    Options
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    iceman784 wrote: »
    I was doing the imperial city bookshelf grind, when i got the book "The Year 2920, Vol. 28"
    nBt7ymB.png
    but it seems its not tracked by the in-game library
    yVswYmd.png

I play on XB and I found Vol. 28 a few times too. I was mad because I thought it was vol. 27 (last one I need for the 2920 books) but it does seem to be a book that's not listed. Maybe they are adding it to the Memory in the next update?
    Edited by MRusso89 on April 24, 2018 5:21PM
    Hermaeus Mora, elder than Ada, Abyssal Cephaliarch, hearken to the plea of this unworthy, for I have come to barter for knowledge denied.
    excerpt from Fragmentae Abyssum Hermaeus Morus
    Options
  • ChockaShocka

I’m not sure how many times to walk to and away from it but I’ve done it in Ss at least for 5 minutes and nothing happened

How I got A Plea for the Elder Scrolls in enemy temples: ride your mount into the temple right up to the pedestal where the book is supposed to spawn, (guards will attack) then quickly leave the temple being sure to remember which entrance is closest to that pedestal.

Ride your mount directly away from the temple, just far enough for the guards to stop pursuing you, then turn around & ride as fast as possible to that pedestal to force the book to spawn. Read the book quickly! Maybe try this for your alliance temple.
    Edited by ChockaShocka on April 24, 2018 7:20PM
    Options
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How I got the book: ride your mount into the temple right up to the pedestal where the book is supposed to spawn,
    (guards will attack) then quickly leave the temple being sure to remember which entrance is closest to that pedestal.

Ride your mount directly away from the temple, just far enough for the guards to stop pursuing you, then turn around & ride as fast as possible to that pedestal to force the book to spawn. Read the book quickly!

Or just log out and back in close by.
    Options
  • DanielMorra
    DanielMorra
    ✭✭✭
    I encountered a problem with a book "Treaty of Khenarthi's Roost". I completed it's quest about 3 years ago, when I just started to play the game. According to quest I should have read it, but I don't have this book in library and in the Private Quarters. Is it a bug? What should i do?

image.png
    Options
  • inclinations
    inclinations
    ✭✭✭
    I encountered a problem with a book "Treaty of Khenarthi's Roost". I completed it's quest about 3 years ago, when I just started to play the game. According to quest I should have read it, but I don't have this book in library and in the Private Quarters. Is it a bug? What should i do?

image.png

Try grouping someone with the quest related to the book, I have picked up a few books left behind that way.

My question is I'm trying to get a book related to quest "Invitation to Orsinium", has anyone successfully grouped with someone doing the quest to get the book "To Warlord Ice-Heart"?
    Vet Maelstrom makes me cry.
    Options
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eidetic Memory Lorebook: Nahirah's Journal
    Should be placed in a house in Satakalaam in Alik'r Desert but it is not there for me, must be a bug with either phasing or because I finished the quest without picking it up. Looking up the associated quest, one of the quest objectives is to read the journal so it could either be that it bugged out or is a case of a quest item being placed in your inventory which you miss out on if you do not interact with it.

This is the last lorebook I am missing to complete my collection.
    I have reported it numerous times over several PTS cycles and nothing has come of it.
    Does anyone know a way to get a hold of this lorebook post quest completion?
    Thanks in advance! :)
    Options
  • LadyMamoulian
    LadyMamoulian
    ✭✭✭
    The second book that I am still missing is Thwarting the Daedra: Dagon's Cult from the Eidetic memory collection - does any of you have any idea where is it please?
    Options
  • inclinations
    inclinations
    ✭✭✭
    The second book that I am still missing is Thwarting the Daedra: Dagon's Cult from the Eidetic memory collection - does any of you have any idea where is it please?

The lorebook add on notes that it is in IC bookshelves, I have collected the book but do not remember bookshelf location.
    Options
  • inclinations
    inclinations
    ✭✭✭
    Should be placed in a house in Satakalaam in Alik'r Desert but it is not there for me, must be a bug with either phasing or because I finished the quest without picking it up. Looking up the associated quest, one of the quest objectives is to read the journal so it could either be that it bugged out or is a case of a quest item being placed in your inventory which you miss out on if you do not interact with it.

I have reported it numerous times over several PTS cycles and nothing has come of it.

Nahirah's Journal is visible to me post quest, Satakalaam at Nahirah's house on the mirrored dresser 1st floor, wall opposite of the door. I most likely read the journal during the quest. It may be an issue with not collecting or reading the journal from your inventory as Zinaroth suggests if its not there.
    Options
  • DanielMorra
    DanielMorra
    ✭✭✭
    Try grouping someone with the quest related to the book, I have picked up a few books left behind that way.

I can try, but i dont think it will help. Nobody can share this quest with me, and the book appears only at a certain stage of it.

Options
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nahirah's Journal is visible to me post quest, Satakalaam at Nahirah's house on the mirrored dresser 1st floor, wall opposite of the door. I most likely read the journal during the quest. It may be an issue with not collecting or reading the journal from your inventory as Zinaroth suggests if its not there.

I am Zinaroth, I just quoted an earlier post I made. ;)
    By "first floor" you mean the ground floor, right? There is only one floor in the house. The first floor is literally the roof top of the house which has a small room as well. Anyways I checked the mirrored dresser on the house, opposite of the door, and the book is not there. So I guess that confirms it is bugged for me - probably because I didn't interact with it during the quest.
    Thanks for your response!
    Edited by Zinaroth on April 25, 2018 1:57PM
    Options
  • inclinations
    inclinations
    ✭✭✭

I can try, but i dont think it will help. Nobody can share this quest with me, and the book appears only at a certain stage of it.

You're right, I'm sorry. Checked the locations and watched videos for the quests related to both your missing book and mine, they're quest objectives and picked up to be delivered and are not available after quest. Hopefully they'll be fixed soon.
    Options
  • vacantdoll
    vacantdoll
    ✭✭
    Hello, I am on my last few lorebooks and I need help finding them. I play on Xbox/NA any help would be greatly appreciated. I have completed every quest in the game so none of these are locked behind quests.

Note from Khezuli's contact - on uesp.net it says the page is located in the Mages Guild in Haven, but it is not there after the quest.

Letter of Understanding & To Captain Marck - on uesp.net it says they are both in the covenant lodge located in Pa'alat. I grouped up with someone who activated the quest and was able to enter the buildings, but the page was not in any of them. Are these pages/books moved after the quest?

Note to Sir Quatrius & The Grandeya is in custody - on uesp.net it says they are both located in At-Nimr Estate in Hallin's Stand.

These next books aren't listed on uesp.net that I need:

A Promised Made
    Note to Nurese
    Picnic Note
    On the Tel Var Stones: Volume 1 - Found 1&2, thanks @Walllessfury
    On the Tel Var Stones: Volume 2 - " "
    Letters to Thalrinel - Found, thanks @ChockaShocka
    Assassin's Orders
    - on uesp.net says it's at the Rethan Manor, but did not see it.

If you're able to link a screenshot of your location on the map please screenshot your map. Thank you.
    Edited by vacantdoll on April 26, 2018 1:47AM
    Platform: XB1
    Server: NA
    GT: Usako
    Options