The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• Walllessfury
    any word on the buggd ones that are being worked on for the Dragon Bones update? or are we still in the dark? nothing on the PTS?
    Options
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have checked a number of times now based on earlier posts and "Worship in Fanacas" under "The Devoted and the Deranged" does seem no longer to be next to the mini boss in Fanacas ruins. I scoured the rest of the ruins and saw no sign. I have completed all Cyrodiil quests as well and rechecked in case there was a quest condition on it but no change.
    Options
  • Walllessfury
    so using 2 different characters I can confirm that Worship In Fanacas is right under the mini boss on my first character I already found it, but the book wasnt there when I went on the 2nd character it was there, so who knows
    Options
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody knows where to get "Blessed, Blessed Satakalaam" after the quest, in the Alik'r Desert? I went to the pins of Lorebook addon, there are two. One is not accessible, the other is empty.
    Options
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know where Letter to Belya is located after you complete the quest? It's one of the only Cyrodiil books I can't get or know where to get. Its not back at Arvina Estate and I could not find it in Cheydinhal after the quest either.
    Hermaeus Mora, elder than Ada, Abyssal Cephaliarch, hearken to the plea of this unworthy, for I have come to barter for knowledge denied.
    excerpt from Fragmentae Abyssum Hermaeus Morus
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MRusso89 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where Letter to Belya is located after you complete the quest? It's one of the only Cyrodiil books I can't get or know where to get. Its not back at Arvina Estate and I could not find it in Cheydinhal after the quest either.

If I remember correctly it's a few steps behind the character to which you deliver the message in Cheydinhal, lying on the ground
    Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on January 30, 2018 6:44PM
    Options
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone screenshot where on the map in Imperial City Sewers On the Tel Var Stones: Vol 3 is? I keep looking all over the Daggerfall side and get nothing.
    Hermaeus Mora, elder than Ada, Abyssal Cephaliarch, hearken to the plea of this unworthy, for I have come to barter for knowledge denied.
    Options
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know the location of "A Less Rude Song" ?

EDIT:

Or "My Dearest Love"? I cannot find it in Khartag Point as the addon says.

EDIT #2: Okay so A Less Rude Song is on a bookshelf in Clockwork City and My Dearest Love is part of a daily quest.
    Edited by BlackEar on February 1, 2018 2:18PM
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
    Options
  • Walllessfury
    Can someone screenshot where on the map in Imperial City Sewers On the Tel Var Stones: Vol 3 is? I keep looking all over the Daggerfall side and get nothing.

I seem to remember this one being in the Wraith boss area, with it in between a box and a wall (might be the AD one) or near the shrine, you had to die and respawn there to get it because of its nearness to the boss
    Options
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    BlackEar wrote: »
    Does anyone know the location of "A Less Rude Song" ?

EDIT:

Or "My Dearest Love"? I cannot find it in Khartag Point as the addon says.

EDIT #2: Okay so A Less Rude Song is on a bookshelf in Clockwork City and My Dearest Love is part of a daily quest.

My Dearest Love is part of the Hall of Justice Daily quest "Unsettled Synicate". Reading it is one of that quests labeled objectives.
    Options
  • rune476
    rune476
    ✭✭✭
    Having a lot of trouble finding the Hew Bane Bookshelf "Rhanbiqs note" from the "The one that got away" quest where you leave hews bane.

I have checked all three inn locations and could not find the note. Is this a bug or am i just very bad at finding things?
    Im not your pal, beeko.
    Options
  • Ayame-chan
    Ayame-chan
    ✭✭
    Is there a way to get Snowmead's Missive after finishing the quest? searched all around the area of the quest but coudnt find it until now.
    So viel zu tun und so wenig Zeit.
    Options
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    Ayame-chan wrote: »
    Is there a way to get Snowmead's Missive after finishing the quest? searched all around the area of the quest but coudnt find it until now.

This one is still bugged I believe. But is supposedly going to be fixed in Update 17. I still have yet to get it too.
    Options
  • Walllessfury
    MRusso did you find the one in the sewers?
    Options
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭

Sorry, which book? There are a couple I am currently looking for there (Tel Var Stones Vol. 3 and Aedric Studies).
    Options
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, which book? There are a couple I am currently looking for there (Tel Var Stones Vol. 3 and Aedric Studies).

Same here, I'm also looking for Intro to Aedric Studies - couldn't find them for the life of me. Let me know if you're (or anyone) is able to update on the location; i'll do the same if i find it :)
    Options
  • Walllessfury
    ok im gonna assume there are 2 sets of locateables in the sewers. 1 "on Tel Var stones" and 1 named book per faction that being said RNG dictates one of the sets, the other is hidden well. I would say the Tel Var Stones are in the book shelves in the sewers (secundus boss in EP?) I dont know where the other 2 shelves are. the other half of them are well hidden, like the one jammed between a box and the wall (AD section where farming was?)

(Edit)
    ok looking at UESP books page, there is 1 location for On Tel Var Stones 3 (sadly im not missing it) its in the Vile Drainage x=33 y=56 if you can do the coordinates

as for aedric studies it gives 4 coordinaes 1 in cyrodiil (coordinates lead into the IC), 1 in IC, one in the Lambent Passage, and one in the Irrigation Tunnels, im gonna assume this is the one on the book shelf

50 45 Cyrodiil
    63 80 imperial City
    82 70 Irrigation Tunnels
    81 65 Lambent Pasage
    Edited by Walllessfury on February 11, 2018 3:17PM
    Options
  • MiBlueEagle
    MiBlueEagle
    ✭✭
    i found telvar volume 3 yesterday...blue side...there are 3 rooms stacked vertically on map...in bottom room on east side of tunnel heading north behind a crate
    Options
  • Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did find Aedric Studies above ground in IC. For me it about two weeks of cycling through all the bookshelves I could find on a daily basis in both above level 50 campaigns. It's a totally random spawn and it can occur either above ground or the sewers.
    Options
  • Walllessfury
    alas the last ones I need are Aedric Studies. Children of the North, and Year 2920 vol 20
    Options
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    Holger30 wrote: »
    I need still 1 book with my first Char.

Misteries and Clues:
    Pierced Note

The book are in the house, but can I go into the house, after the Patch, too.?
    Options
  • Berenghar
    Berenghar
    ✭✭
    I need still 1 book with my first Char.

Misteries and Clues:
    Pierced Note

The book are in the house, but can I go into the house, after the Patch, too.?

no you are not able to enter the house of the redoran guild.
    you will need some with the quest active. just ask someone who leaves the building to invite you.
    I have done it today an got the book.....finally :)))
    *** Bei Dunkelheit sicht man nicht so weit, wie bei Tageslicht, wo man weiter sicht ***
    Options
  • MiBlueEagle
    MiBlueEagle
    ✭✭
    I'm having trouble locating a couple books.

Hew's Bane - Iron Wheel Prisoner Transfer: Zeira----I'm unable to access the prison again. Tried going in the back door but it seems as if an entire section of the prison is still inaccessible. - found it on ship behind prison. It was missing it's glow effect.

Mysteries and clues - Captain Izod's Letter----I have previously opened the chest to obtain the other note but I guess it did not check off my list. opening the chest no longer gives me the note in my inventory as indicated and the spread sheet said it was placed behind the chest but there is nothing there for me. Is there another location? - found the text of letter and was able to find at the end of the treasure hunt location.

Thanks in advance.
    Edited by MiBlueEagle on February 14, 2018 4:30AM
    Options
  • Rainchii
    Rainchii
    ✭✭
    @Mix

I stated it before, but I'm not sure if the message was seen, but Snowmead's Missive from the Notes and Memos
    category can now be found in the spot where the quest was first given.

Still not sure where Pierced Note from the Mysteries and Clues category is either. Any update on this book from someone else?
    I can confirm that the grouping method with someone with the quest does in fact work. Ty!

Also does anyone know where the books Caluurion's Notes and Reanimation Specimen Collection from the Library of Incunabula category and the Note to Vanus from Rituals and Revelations are?
    Edited by Rainchii on February 13, 2018 1:06PM
    Options
  • wolf2017
    wolf2017
    ✭✭
    Rainchii wrote: »
    Still not sure where Pierced Note from the Mysteries and Clues category is either. Any update on this book from someone else?

Also does anyone know where the books Caluurion's Notes and Reanimation Specimen Collection from the Library of Incunabula category and the Note to Vanus from Rituals and Revelations are?

Hi
    I can confirm that by grouping with someone who has quest, you can enter "Redoran House" and get the "Pierced note" witch is pinned to a wall on one of the upper floor next to stairs

For the other books you mentioned, I have no idea ...

And I miss also "Adventurer's Almanac, 2nd Edition" (Adventurer's Almanac) and "In Defense of Prince Hubalajad" (Rituals and Revelations).

EDIT:
    Found "Adventurer's Almanac, 2nd Edition" (Adventurer's Almanac)
    It's basically where you use to have the Jubilee Cake quest giver
    Davon's Watch (StoneFalls) : 76.71 x 30.35 on a pillar in the docks
    Daggerfall (Glenumbra) : 15.64 x 27.29 on a crate in the docks
    Vulkhel Guard (Auridon) : 67.44 x 59.55 on a barrel in the docks
    and "In Defense of Prince Hubalajad" (Rituals and Revelations) thanks to @Rainchii, see below
    Edited by wolf2017 on February 13, 2018 12:49PM
    Regards

WFX
    Options
  • Rainchii
    Rainchii
    ✭✭
    @wolf2017

You can find the "In Defense of Prince Hubalajad" (Rituals and Revelations) book on a barrel in the Leaping Frog Sundries in Abah's Landing (Hew's Bane).
    Options
  • wolf2017
    wolf2017
    ✭✭
    @wolf2017

You can find the "In Defense of Prince Hubalajad" (Rituals and Revelations) book on a barrel in the Leaping Frog Sundries in Abah's Landing (Hew's Bane).

@Rainchii
    Found it ! 33.68 x 60.90 TY !
    Regards

WFX
    Options
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    Note to Vanus i need, too
    Options
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    @Mix

I stated it before, but I'm not sure if the message was seen, but Snowmead's Missive from the Notes and Memos
    category can now be found in the spot where the quest was first given.

I can confirm that the grouping method with someone with the quest does in fact work. Ty!

Also does anyone know where the books [i]Caluurion's Notes[/i] and Reanimation Specimen Collection from the Library of Incunabula category and the Note to Vanus from Rituals and Revelations are?

This is near by Caluurion the Boss, the same room.
    Options
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today I found Snowmead's Missive on the ground coming from Fort Amol wayshrine and following the road up to Loft Knife Cave in Eastmarch (just before the road starts to turn) - so it seems to have finally been added to the post-quest phase of the game!

Still no word on the following two though, which have also been bugged since launch:

Eidetic Memory Lorebook: Practical Necromancy
    Not achieveable after having completed the quest "A Walk Above the Clouds" in The Rift. Supposed to be on/near the body of a cultist named Nordahl, at the first bonfire after having scaled the ladder leading up to Forelhost. All other lorebooks associated with this quest has been placed at the bottom of the ladder but it seems this one was left out.

Eidetic Memory Lorebook: Nahirah's Journal
    Should be placed in a house in Satakalaam in Alik'r Desert but it is not there for me, must be a bug with either phasing or because I finished the quest without picking it up. Looking up the associated quest, one of the quest objectives is to read the journal so it could either be that it bugged out or is a case of a quest item being placed in your inventory which you miss out on if you do not interact with it.
    Edited by Zinaroth on February 13, 2018 10:43PM
    Options