Maintenance for the week of May 20:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 18:00 UTC (14:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Server maintenance times

• Cave_Canem
    Cave_Canem
    ✭✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »
    This one just tried to log in for the sweetrolls and nothing else better to do. It told me that the servers are down and change the login button to "5M" Khajiit guesses ZOS is planing for 5 more minutes then....

I would consider 5m to be five minutes, 5M to be five months, as in when the ESO honeymoon period is over and we stop getting annoyed that we can't play and just go do something else instead of repeatedly trying to log in...

Options
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ciinen1988 wrote: »
    ZOS_JanS wrote: »
    Greetings, everyone!

We're very sorry about the inconvenience. This maintenance had to take place for our team to address an issue. We will provide you with an update as soon as possible to let you know when the maintenance is over. Thank you for your patience!

Thank you. I would also like to know what it is you fixed during the maintenance, if possible.

Agreed, it would be nice to know what was fixed so we can take the appropriate steps to complete a quest that was fixed if that was the case :)

If its an exploit fix those arent typically mentioned so the cheaters dont know their cheat was fixed.
    Options
  • drakarnoir3100nub19_ESO
    it is nice to know that I want to login to the game and it is saying maintenance .. and not giving me a estimated time when the server will be back up ... amazing work
    Options
  • kallistiGAD
    kallistiGAD
    ✭✭✭
    This one just tried to log in for the sweetrolls and nothing else better to do. It told me that the servers are down and change the login button to "5M" Khajiit guesses ZOS is planing for 5 more minutes then....

If you try to log in during maintenance, it will block you from attempting to log in again for 5 minutes. If you were to attempt to log in during the 5 minutes, it seems like it wont even submit the request to log in (you don't even get the generic "Can't log in due to maintenance" message and nothing else seems to happen). Its just a way to keep people from spamming the server with attempts to connect when they aren't going to be able to anyway.

Argonian Maids Gone Wild
    The Flash Mob guild. Bringing the absurd to ESO
    Options
  • Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭
    I work 3rd shift and blah blah blah I get to leave work early. Excited to come home and play. This is nightmarish :(
    Ulyn Andrano

VR3 Dark Elf Dragonknight

Ebonheart Pact
    Options
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skjlvald wrote: »
    I work 3rd shift and blah blah blah I get to leave work early. Excited to come home and play. This is nightmarish :(

Sorry to hear that, ESO is a new born baby and it will need extra nursing for little extra weeks. It will get better, just give it time.

Options
  • enfp
    enfp
    ✭✭
    Omfg go to bed or wait it out?!?!
    Options
  • Trixxo
    Trixxo
    Still no updates for the emergency server maintenance... :'(

Goodnight ESO :(
    Options
  • wingnamrwb17_ESO
    wingnamrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    0800 EDT? That's 2000 for me. Which would be 2400 AEDT?
    Edited by wingnamrwb17_ESO on April 2, 2014 6:28AM
    Options
  • enfp
    enfp
    ✭✭
    And DayZ is f*ed up too.... Ugh.. My life
    Options
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    enfp wrote: »

Have a sweetroll! =*.*=

Options
  • MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭
    Stoob wrote: »
    Quick question, but if maintenance happens on a frequent basis in the future, Will people lose out on Paid Game Time during the maintenance?

This is actually a legitimate question. If the server is down for a couple of hours tonight, then I just lost an entire night online since I have a job and have to go to work, etc.

I don't want to sound like a spoiled brat, but a day is a day ...

"Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...
    Options
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Negative, personally I'm glad they aren't giving a timeframe on maintenance. That is one thing that always annoyed me with other MMOs because (not that it was necessarily anyone's fault) 9/10 times maintenance took longer than they thought

This is a consumer product. More information for customers is better than less information. Even if it is an estimate so people can decide whether to go to sleep or to wait.
    Options
  • enfp
    enfp
    ✭✭
    "NOTICE: The server is currently unavailable while we preform maintenance."

Am I dreaming? No.
    Does this suck? Yes
    Esoooooooo
    Options
  • Cerec
    Cerec
    ✭✭
    MaxBat wrote: »
    Quick question, but if maintenance happens on a frequent basis in the future, Will people lose out on Paid Game Time during the maintenance?

This is actually a legitimate question. If the server is down for a couple of hours tonight, then I just lost an entire night online since I have a job and have to go to work, etc.

You have a free month to see their policies and then make your decisions.

Options
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have a sweetroll! =*.*=

You need =^..^=
    Options
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxBat wrote: »

Terms of service states uptime not guaranteed and downtime isnt required to be compensated.
    Options
  • Ciinen1988
    Ciinen1988
    ✭✭✭
    wrlifeboil wrote: »
    Negative, personally I'm glad they aren't giving a timeframe on maintenance. That is one thing that always annoyed me with other MMOs because (not that it was necessarily anyone's fault) 9/10 times maintenance took longer than they thought

This is a consumer product. More information for customers is better than less information. Even if it is an estimate so people can decide whether to go to sleep or to wait.

I understand and agree with your statement. But at the same time, had they said that servers would be down for an hour when they went down (and it now being an hour and a half later and servers still aren't back up) people would be up in arms because the maintenance took longer than they said when there was probably nothing that could have been done about what caused the maintenance to take longer. It's a double edged sword really, damned if you do and damned if you don't. :P
    Options
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it up yet? Is it up yet?

I almost considered going to the European server and making a character there. Kinda wish I had, now. All I'd have had to do is change the options, since I already have both versions of the client downloaded.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Options
  • MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭
    Cerec wrote: »
    You have a free month to see their policies and then make your decisions.

With all due respect, that comment is naïve. There is nothing about this month that is free. :smile:

"Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...
    Options
  • moten
    moten
    I can't stop refreshing the page to see if there are updates...
    Options
  • snowmanflvb14_ESO
    snowmanflvb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should announce it in the game... They close the server at around 12 am this morning for us gmt +8 time zone. No prior notice at all.

They gave several warnings in game about the servers coming down starting 15 minutes out.
    Magic is impressive but now Minsc leads SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!
    Options
  • davidcommons
    davidcommons
    Soul Shriven
    Twice a week seems excessive but maybe needed at the outset.
    BUT! Sunday!! and mid morning?? what survey threw up that timing as optimal? it cuts into almost everyone's game time regardless of where they are, very poor decision IMO.
    I live in ESO. I do sometimes play a game called "Real Life" but its no match.
    Options
  • DragonMother
    DragonMother
    ✭✭✭
    smells like Vanilla to me :p
    You sure that isn't the forums your sniffing there? >.>

Demi, Adult female, Guild leader, Roleplayer & TES enthusiast
    I trust my instincts, more than I trust other peoples opinions.
    Four years, and still present. Sanguine still lives.
    Options
  • enfp
    enfp
    ✭✭
    Seriously it's definitely not gonna be close to perfect by the actual launch date. Just let us in!
    Options
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have really fast Internet like FIOS, try ESO's EU servers. You'll need fast Internet because it will download all 30gb and install the same files in another subdirectory.
    Options
  • Spiritwolf

I understand and agree with your statement. But at the same time, had they said that servers would be down for an hour when they went down (and it now being an hour and a half later and servers still aren't back up) people would be up in arms because the maintenance took longer than they said when there was probably nothing that could have been done about what caused the maintenance to take longer. It's a double edged sword really, damned if you do and damned if you don't. :P

Actually, the professional way to do it would be to give a realistic ETA, then when they realize that they will not make the ETA they establish a new realistic ETA and announce that they apologize for the inconvenience but due to ...........

Then they repeat as necessary. That would be the professional way and would keep the community updated and not waiting in futility.
    Options
  • enfp
    enfp
    ✭✭
    If you have really fast Internet like FIOS, try ESO's EU servers. You'll need fast Internet because it will download all 30gb and install the same files in another subdirectory.

That seems like a big waste of time, I'm not going to be playing on the EU server why would I care to make a new character there? I want the North America server to be activated or at least let us know how long it's going to be down. I have tomorrow off too but dang it I'm not done playing yet!
    Options
  • Ciinen1988
    Ciinen1988
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously it's definitely not gonna be close to perfect by the actual launch date. Just let us in!

I don't understand what would prompt a comment as ignorant as this. Regardless of whether or not it will be perfect on launch day is not a factor in whether or not they need to/decide to fix issues at this time. I understand that people want to play the game. I do too. but you have to realize that its the NA server that is down. Therefore, you can probably infer that its a crew in MD that is working on this problem at a quarter to 3 in the morning. Comments like this aren't helping anyone.
    Options
  • Z0MBiEjaw
    Z0MBiEjaw
    ✭✭✭
    real talk is someone going to die if they give out an eta or? i'm not opposed to maintenance, but i would really just like to have a guesstimate as to when servers'll be back up.
    Luminous beings, are we; not this crude matter.
    Options