The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Server maintenance times

• wingnamrwb17_ESO
    wingnamrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    They should announce it in the game... They close the server at around 12 am this morning for us gmt +8 time zone. No prior notice at all.

They gave several warnings in game about the servers coming down starting 15 minutes out.

I must have miss it then because I don't remember seeing anything like that and was in the middle of creating a character.

I asked my brother and he see nothing as well. I'm taking about the one they did about 13 hrs ago. The site and forums is inaccessible too.
    Edited by wingnamrwb17_ESO on April 2, 2014 6:43AM
    Options
  • enfp
    enfp
    ✭✭
    Ciinen1988 wrote: »
    enfp wrote: »
    Seriously it's definitely not gonna be close to perfect by the actual launch date. Just let us in!

I don't understand what would prompt a comment as ignorant as this. Regardless of whether or not it will be perfect on launch day is not a factor in whether or not they need to/decide to fix issues at this time. I understand that people want to play the game. I do too. but you have to realize that its the NA server that is down. Therefore, you can probably infer that its a crew in MD that is working on this problem at a quarter to 3 in the morning. Comments like this aren't helping anyone.

Firstly, you have no idea why they are doing a maintenance and even who is working on it.
    Edited by ZOS_AnaP on April 2, 2014 7:06AM
    Options
  • Ciinen1988
    Ciinen1988
    ✭✭✭
    I never said i did know who was working on the maintenance. i simply said you could infer (verb 1.deduce or conclude (information) from evidence and reasoning rather than from explicit statements.) that it was a crew in MD.
    Options
  • mcjayger23
    NOT... DONE... PLAYING... AAAAAAAAAGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Options
  • Xannast
    Xannast
    WHERES MY SWEETROLL?!?!
    Protect the weak
    Loyalty to thy Kingdom
    Blood for Blood
    Options
  • ribuld
    ribuld
    This is an old school MMO launch.
    Options
  • enfp
    enfp
    ✭✭
    Xannast wrote: »
    WHERES MY SWEETROLL?!?!

"SWEETROLL"

Options
  • Shnoogen
    Shnoogen
    i guess i will just consider going to bed early tonight life server maintanence.
    Edited by Shnoogen on April 2, 2014 6:56AM
    Options
  • Z0MBiEjaw
    Z0MBiEjaw
    ✭✭✭
    WHERES MY SWEETROLL?!?!

"SWEETROLL"

sweetroll!
    Luminous beings, are we; not this crude matter.
    Options
  • ribuld
    ribuld
    What is the countdown for on the login screen?
    Options
  • enfp
    enfp
    ✭✭
    !SERVERS ARE UP!

Belated April Fool's!
    Edited by enfp on April 2, 2014 6:57AM
    Options
  • Xannast
    Xannast
    THERES MAH SWEETROLL!
    Protect the weak
    Loyalty to thy Kingdom
    Blood for Blood
    Options
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maintenance will be sporadic and often during the next few weeks. Only after that initial period will we see a more structured maintenance fram and I don't personally begrudge any US firm to use US times for maintenance. Logical imo and seen in many previous MMOs.
    Options
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again, folks. We're still working to resolve the issue. We know that this can be frustrating, and appreciate you all hanging in there. When the maintenance is over, we will be sure to update you folks here, on social media, and on our service alerts page.

Also, please make sure to be civil to your fellow players in this thread. We know that downtime is difficult, but would like everyone to be respectful here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Reignskream
    Reignskream
    ✭✭✭✭
    Smoke break, anyone? :D
    Edited by Reignskream on April 2, 2014 7:00AM
    Options
  • ribuld
    ribuld
    Thid is 2014 so why would it be sporadic and often?
    Options
  • Z0MBiEjaw
    Z0MBiEjaw
    ✭✭✭
    Hirion wrote: »
    Maintenance will be sporadic and often during the next few weeks. Only after that initial period will we see a more structured maintenance fram and I don't personally begrudge any US firm to use US times for maintenance. Logical imo and seen in many previous MMOs.

I feel you, but on the real; an ESTIMATE would make me HAPPY. I'm okay with seventeen hour maintenance as long as they TELL US. Even something like "yo this might take more than three hours" would be helpful.
    Options
  • enfp
    enfp
    ✭✭
    Hi again, folks. We're still working to resolve the issue. We know that this can be frustrating, and appreciate you all hanging in there. When the maintenance is over, we will be sure to update you folks here, on social media, and on our service alerts page.

Also, please make sure to be civil to your fellow players in this thread. We know that downtime is difficult, but would like everyone to be respectful here.

We got someone! Does everyone get a badge for that one?
    Options
  • Reignskream
    Reignskream
    ✭✭✭✭
    Z0MBiEjaw wrote: »

I feel you, but on the real; an ESTIMATE would make me HAPPY. I'm okay with seventeen hour maintenance as long as they TELL US. Even something like "yo this might take more than three hours" would be helpful.

Servers will be up when they're up, you will live. If it's not people complaining about no bugs being fixed, its the other people/half complaining about them not giving them enough time before they take the servers down. It really makes our community look wonderful.

Edited by Reignskream on April 2, 2014 7:02AM
    Options
  • Odyssia
    Odyssia
    So here I am trying to pass the time by reading a thread about the maintenance taking up too much time. I could be spending my time more productively, but I would prefer to continuously hit F5 instead... you never know...
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander
    Options
  • Z0MBiEjaw
    Z0MBiEjaw
    ✭✭✭

Do you guys have anything resembling an estimate for how long it could be before servers are up again? Thanks so much for checking in!
    Options
  • enfp
    enfp
    ✭✭
    ribuld wrote: »
    What is the countdown for on the login screen?

I would assume 5M is 5 minutes and it's so you don't try and spam logging in.
    Options
  • Xannast
    Xannast

Free sweetroll for everyone?
    Protect the weak
    Loyalty to thy Kingdom
    Blood for Blood
    Options
  • Stoob
    Stoob
    ✭✭
    We got someone! Does everyone get a badge for that one?

We got someone earlier too Lol.
    An Eye For An Eye, Leaves The Whole World Blind.
    Options
  • Z0MBiEjaw
    Z0MBiEjaw
    ✭✭✭

Servers will be up when they're up, you will live.

Look, I don't appreciate the passive-aggressive hostility; I'm not freaking out or claiming I won't live, I literally just said it would be nice to get an ETA. If you can't contribute anything useful, be gone. No place for snide comments in a thread that's aiming for information.
    Options
  • enfp
    enfp
    ✭✭

Free sweetroll for everyone?
    A Sweet roll vanity pet for everyone waiting on the maintenance.
    Options
  • nhisso
    nhisso
    ✭✭✭✭
    They said they won't use both maintenance days each week, just if needed. I imagine the second time is for an "if needed" basis. As far as the Aussies are concerned, I do empathize with them. I wouldn't be offended if gaming companies altered who gets screwed out of peak-play-times each week so it's not always EU or Aussies suffering through maintenance during peak hours. However, game companies aren't open 24/7, so wherever the company is makes the difference. I play phantasy star online 2, which is in Japan. Their maintenance starts between 6:30 PM central US time and 8:30PM of the same. Goes until 3AM central or later. Completely takes out peak US times, but oh well. Sega is in Japan fort hat game so that is life ;)
    Options
  • moten
    moten
    Do you guys have anything resembling an estimate for how long it could be before servers are up again? Thanks so much for checking in!
    Roughly a few minutes after they finish.

That resembles an estimate...
    Options
  • Winke
    Winke
    ✭✭✭
    A Sweet roll vanity pet for everyone waiting on the maintenance.

yes! yes!!
    :: Winke::Breton Templar::Merchant::
    ::Koke::Argonian Dragon Knight:: Bard::
    The Obsidian Brotherhood
    "Eldest, that's what I am...he remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside.."
    Options
  • blackgrendel
    :( Aussies shafted once again.
    Options