Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Server maintenance times

• Xannast
    Xannast
    well while we wait, I advise everyone to watch this, its funny c: This guy gets trolled nonstop on his radio show! xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJnEsrXTuV4
    Protect the weak
    Loyalty to thy Kingdom
    Blood for Blood
    Options
  • Z0MBiEjaw
    Z0MBiEjaw
    ✭✭✭
    moten wrote: »
    Z0MBiEjaw wrote: »
    Do you guys have anything resembling an estimate for how long it could be before servers are up again? Thanks so much for checking in!
    Roughly a few minutes after they finish.

That resembles an estimate...

High school wasn't fun for you, was it?
    Luminous beings, are we; not this crude matter.
    Options
  • niknokseyer
    The NA Megaserver maintenance is kinda unfair to PST players.

The maintenance begins 10PM in PST.. kinda missing a lot since I only play after work hours. :(

Plus I'm on leave tomorrow and I thought I could play a little longer this evening. Oh.. well. Life is unfair. :(
    BloodPact Guild
    Options
  • enfp
    enfp
    ✭✭
    Do you guys have anything resembling an estimate for how long it could be before servers are up again? Thanks so much for checking in!
    Roughly a few minutes after they finish.

That resembles an estimate...

What he said^

Options
  • Reignskream
    Reignskream
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hirion wrote: »
    Maintenance will be sporadic and often during the next few weeks. Only after that initial period will we see a more structured maintenance fram and I don't personally begrudge any US firm to use US times for maintenance. Logical imo and seen in many previous MMOs.

I feel you, but on the real; an ESTIMATE would make me HAPPY. I'm okay with seventeen hour maintenance as long as they TELL US. Even something like "yo this might take more than three hours" would be helpful.

Servers will be up when they're up, you will live.

Look, I don't appreciate the passive-aggressive hostility; I'm not freaking out or claiming I won't live, I literally just said it would be nice to get an ETA. If you can't contribute anything useful, be gone. No place for snide comments in a thread that's aiming for information.

Sorry but i am entitled to my opinion like everybody else, just because you let it hurts your feelings doesn't mean it isn't considered useful. Fact is all i see is people complaining every which way they possibly can, when we should just be happy they took the servers down in the first place to fix issues. I for one am not having any issue's, but you don't hear me demanding this and that. They already told us they will update us as needed, if you can't grasp that then idk what to tell you.
    Edited by Reignskream on April 2, 2014 7:13AM
    Options
  • decovca
    decovca
    Hi again, folks. We're still working to resolve the issue. We know that this can be frustrating, and appreciate you all hanging in there. When the maintenance is over, we will be sure to update you folks here, on social media, and on our service alerts page.

Also, please make sure to be civil to your fellow players in this thread. We know that downtime is difficult, but would like everyone to be respectful here.

Let us all known when you guys are done. But PLEASE, check the "requesting character" and "an unknown error" issue as well. It's not an ISP problem, is your megaserve fault. Some of us is not able to play so far.
    Options
  • blackgrendel
    Mega server = mega maintenance?
    Options
  • moten
    moten
    Re-lax. Multiple questions asking for an estimate when they specifically have said they will update us asap is annoying. Hence, people mocking you.

Options
  • Z0MBiEjaw
    Z0MBiEjaw
    ✭✭✭
    Maintenance will be sporadic and often during the next few weeks. Only after that initial period will we see a more structured maintenance fram and I don't personally begrudge any US firm to use US times for maintenance. Logical imo and seen in many previous MMOs.

I feel you, but on the real; an ESTIMATE would make me HAPPY. I'm okay with seventeen hour maintenance as long as they TELL US. Even something like "yo this might take more than three hours" would be helpful.

Look, I don't appreciate the passive-aggressive hostility; I'm not freaking out or claiming I won't live, I literally just said it would be nice to get an ETA. If you can't contribute anything useful, be gone. No place for snide comments in a thread that's aiming for information.

Sorry but i am entitled to my opinion like everybody else. Fact is all i see is people complaining every which way when we should just be happy they took the servers down in the first place to fix issues.

You didn't offer an opinion, you offered a curt, unhelpful response to someone else's. I've already said I don't mind the maintenance, if you even read my first post, I just think it's sloppy not to offer an estimate.
    Luminous beings, are we; not this crude matter.
    Options
  • DrKaufman
    DrKaufman
    Did everyone just skip over this bit?
    "We have scheduled the following windows for this purpose, although we may not need to use them every week"
    Options
  • Bunzaga_ESO
    Bunzaga_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ciinen1988 wrote: »
    wrlifeboil wrote: »
    Negative, personally I'm glad they aren't giving a timeframe on maintenance. That is one thing that always annoyed me with other MMOs because (not that it was necessarily anyone's fault) 9/10 times maintenance took longer than they thought

This is a consumer product. More information for customers is better than less information. Even if it is an estimate so people can decide whether to go to sleep or to wait.

I understand and agree with your statement. But at the same time, had they said that servers would be down for an hour when they went down (and it now being an hour and a half later and servers still aren't back up) people would be up in arms because the maintenance took longer than they said when there was probably nothing that could have been done about what caused the maintenance to take longer. It's a double edged sword really, damned if you do and damned if you don't. :P

That is why you have a mod come post an update. I mean wtf people? We are PAYING for this game, it isn't free to play. Where are companies standards? If I want a crap game with no estimated down times, and no communication to the customer, I'll just go play Neverwinter.

The bottom line is, I paid for this game. I'll be paying a monthly fee. I want to know when the servers will be back up, and that my money is going to good use, and not just down the toilet.

I took this week off from work, and I just want to know if I should go to bed and wake up in a few hours, or if I should sit here and wait it out and get on.

COMMUNICATION!

Options
  • enfp
    enfp
    ✭✭
    Re-lax. Multiple questions asking for an estimate when they specifically have said they will update us asap is annoying. Hence, people mocking you.

Could someone give us an ETA please? Please anyone?
    Options
  • Herbatio
    Herbatio
    ✭✭✭
    Dang, woke up this morning to play....SERVER MAINTENANCE, went to work for 10 hours, couldn't wait to get home....SERVER MAINTENANCE....ugghhh
    Options
  • Corithna
    Corithna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Negative, personally I'm glad they aren't giving a timeframe on maintenance. That is one thing that always annoyed me with other MMOs because (not that it was necessarily anyone's fault) 9/10 times maintenance took longer than they thought

It is a basic tennant of good customer service to always over estimate or give no estimate at all. That way when service is done as planned you come off as looking like a hero for having finished so quickly. With no ETA no promises are broken but it does require more frequent updates as customers tend to fret more about the whole 'when' issue.

A more frequent maintenance schedule typically means that the required down time is far shorter overall as compared to maintenance that is done less frequently.
    Edited by Corithna on April 2, 2014 7:17AM
    For all the millions of pages of codified law we have enacted in this nation alone, all of it, every word, sentence, paragraph and nuance, is steeped in the singular idea of this:

"Be good to one another."
    Options
  • Reignskream
    Reignskream
    ✭✭✭✭

Sorry but i am entitled to my opinion like everybody else. Fact is all i see is people complaining every which way when we should just be happy they took the servers down in the first place to fix issues.

You didn't offer an opinion, you offered a curt, unhelpful response to someone else's. I've already said I don't mind the maintenance, if you even read my first post, I just think it's sloppy not to offer an estimate.

Sorry i hurted your feelings. I just dont appreciate reading the same thing over and over again when they already told us they will update us as needed.

Edited by Reignskream on April 2, 2014 7:14AM
    Options
  • mcnell
    mcnell
    You cannot judge normal downtime days or timeframes from what happens in the first weeks of game launch. During this time the devs are going to be fixing the issues that they couldn't get fixed before launch. There are still a number of bugs that need to be fixed and they will bring the servers down multiple times during the first weeks to implement the fixes as they become available.

On top of this, the game hasn't even officially launched yet...anyone who's gotten in on an early release knows the game is given to that group when its MOSTLY playable, so during the 5 days early we can only EXPECT there to be more than normal downtimes for fixes so they CAN have regularity upon the 4.4.14 official release date

Options
  • sithlord24
    what was the point of paying for early access if all you do is wait for them to sort out problems ahead of main launch not happy at all
    Options
  • Xannast
    Xannast
    Herbatio wrote: »
    Dang, woke up this morning to play....SERVER MAINTENANCE, went to work for 10 hours, couldn't wait to get home....SERVER MAINTENANCE....ugghhh

What do you do for a living?
    Protect the weak
    Loyalty to thy Kingdom
    Blood for Blood
    Options
  • Luthien_Elfmaid
    Well on the bright side you have the forums to visit when the servers are down.
    Tinúviel! Tinúviel!
    He called her by her elvish name;
    And there she halted listening.
    One moment stood she, and a spell
    His voice laid on her: Beren came,
    And doom fell on Tinúviel
    Options
  • Medgirlpts_ESO
    Medgirlpts_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so happy I have drinks (of the adult nature, lol) to keep me occupied while not trolling the forums for an escape. :stuck_out_tongue:
    Ceridai <3 Healing Mage <3
    --The Downtime Defenders --
    - Aldmeri Dominion -
    Options
  • FURYBlakhart
    Zenimax,

Know youre doing your best and dont mind putting upw ith the downtime this week.

But going forward, if you truly want TESO to be successful theres a lot of procedural things I would consider "standard" practice at this stage in MMO development and operations; that you would start to consider doing to help compete with other MMO mobs.

1) ETA Times on maintenance. Yes - double edged sword. BUT if you say 30 minutes to an hour, I know I can go out for 2 hours and come back to the game a bit later. If you say 8 hours, well its time for bed or something else.

You'll get idiots who expect you to nail down your ETA's exactly and wont understand if the time you have committed to takes longer. HOWEVER that is a miniscule number of complainers compared to the total inconvenience of having NO idea when the servers will be back up.

2) Two Maintenance cycles per week?

Unnecessary and Really, really pinching your Customers playtime. If your game REQUIRES two maintenances per week, then you are doing something wrong.

You would be the only MMO I can think of charging for a subscription (which I dont mind at all) that is asking its player base to put up with two maintenance cycles per week.

Make a better decision.
    Options
  • Xannast
    Xannast
    I'm so happy I have drinks (of the adult nature, lol) to keep me occupied while not trolling the forums for an escape. :stuck_out_tongue:

Beer? C:

Protect the weak
    Loyalty to thy Kingdom
    Blood for Blood
    Options
  • ribuld
    ribuld
    sithlord24 wrote: »
    what was the point of paying for early access if all you do is wait for them to sort out problems ahead of main launch not happy at all

So you can relive the "golden days" of MMO launches.

Options
  • enfp
    enfp
    ✭✭
    wrlifeboil wrote: »

This is a consumer product. More information for customers is better than less information. Even if it is an estimate so people can decide whether to go to sleep or to wait.

I understand and agree with your statement. But at the same time, had they said that servers would be down for an hour when they went down (and it now being an hour and a half later and servers still aren't back up) people would be up in arms because the maintenance took longer than they said when there was probably nothing that could have been done about what caused the maintenance to take longer. It's a double edged sword really, damned if you do and damned if you don't. :P

That is why you have a mod come post an update. I mean wtf people? We are PAYING for this game, it isn't free to play. Where are companies standards? If I want a crap game with no estimated down times, and no communication to the customer, I'll just go play Neverwinter.

The bottom line is, I paid for this game. I'll be paying a monthly fee. I want to know when the servers will be back up, and that my money is going to good use, and not just down the toilet.

I took this week off from work, and I just want to know if I should go to bed and wake up in a few hours, or if I should sit here and wait it out and get on.

COMMUNICATION!

Yea dude.
    Hell yea!
    Options
  • Adonai_Esrey
    This is the time when you need some epic board games...
    Options
  • anniepalmer
    So uh...do we get an extra day if we pre-ordered?
    Options
  • Stymeist
    Stymeist
    Soul Shriven
    If only Wildstar was out...
    Options
  • jmac2727ub17_ESO
    Just restarting server, should be up in five minutes "get up, stretch legs, go to the bathroom, get a drink, come back and play". Patching a few things, should take about an hour "Grab a book, Watch some TV, Take a shower and start your laundry" Patching a severe issue, expected downtime could be between 2 to 4 hours "Go to bed"... I don't need an exact ETA but a ballpark would be nice, just so I plan the rest of my night.....
    Options
  • joshweps
    joshweps
    ✭✭✭
    how hard is it to give an estimated time seriously?
    Options
  • Medgirlpts_ESO
    Medgirlpts_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @FURYBlakhart‌ I love your first half, but at this stage citing maintenance cycles? We have not even hit launch yet. Lol.
    Ceridai <3 Healing Mage <3
    --The Downtime Defenders --
    - Aldmeri Dominion -
    Options