Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Server maintenance times

• joshweps
    joshweps
    ✭✭✭
    Stymeist wrote: »
    Honestly.. What do we really expect from the Elder Scrolls MMO? I am looking at this game simply as another Elder Scrolls in the series. It will be played for a month (that may be stretching it) and I will move on. I have only been playing for 2 days yet I am already stunned at how shallow the character development is.

This is unknown territory for this franchise and staying true to the immersive single player juggernaut that this game series has been would certainly have been in their best interest. I admire their ambition and I will humor their attempt at an innovative online gaming experience, but so far its playing out as I expected, and I will keep my expectations low.

Just leave ok mate go away please

Options
  • Varko
    Varko
    ✭✭
    Honestly.. What do we really expect from the Elder Scrolls MMO? I am looking at this game simply as another Elder Scrolls in the series. It will be played for a month (that may be stretching it) and I will move on. I have only been playing for 2 days yet I am already stunned at how shallow the character development is.

This is unknown territory for this franchise and staying true to the immersive single player juggernaut that this game series has been would certainly have been in their best interest. I admire their ambition and I will humor their attempt at an innovative online gaming experience, but so far its playing out as I expected, and I will keep my expectations low.

Well they got your money so guess they win. Dont understand your logic at all.
    Options
  • Elvent
    Elvent
    ✭✭✭✭

So if you're just playing for a month then you got your moneys worth then? Just like a single player...you beat it in a few days or a week, shelve it and it's over but hey, at least you got a month out of ESO for the same price (first month is free so no monthly payment for you :)

I see myself playing longer than a month and I also see myself leveling the rest of the classes in different factions to experience their stories and areas, I will be getting more out of this than the single player games.
    Options
  • enfp
    enfp
    ✭✭
    joshweps wrote: »
    Ciinen1988 wrote: »
    enfp wrote: »
    Seriously it's definitely not gonna be close to perfect by the actual launch date. Just let us in!

I don't understand what would prompt a comment as ignorant as this. Regardless of whether or not it will be perfect on launch day is not a factor in whether or not they need to/decide to fix issues at this time. I understand that people want to play the game. I do too. but you have to realize that its the NA server that is down. Therefore, you can probably infer that its a crew in MD that is working on this problem at a quarter to 3 in the morning. Comments like this aren't helping anyone.

Don't feel sorry for them. There all making mint off our money. I run my own business first thing i get asked is when will you complete the job I can't just answer I will keep you updated no I give an estimated time its pretty bloody easy

You're a smart cookie.

"SWEETROLL BADGE" awarded. Just check your email for the spam train.

Options
  • shaddenbryanub17_ESO
    Zarman wrote: »
    anthemik wrote: »
    While we're here waiting, would someone explain the whole sweetrolls thing please? It has trolls in the word, so I'm guessing it's a pastry filled with the green innards of the infamous internet heckler?

Its oblivion's "Arrow to the knee" meme. Plus its been in the character creation question list since Arena

You mean Skyrim kind sir
    Options
  • riverdragon72
    riverdragon72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by riverdragon72 on April 2, 2014 7:47AM
    Meh...**** it..
    Options
  • Reignskream
    Reignskream
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elvent wrote: »

So if you're just playing for a month then you got your moneys worth then? Just like a single player...you beat it in a few days or a week, shelve it and it's over but hey, at least you got a month out of ESO for the same price (first month is free so no monthly payment for you :)

I see myself playing longer than a month and I also see myself leveling the rest of the classes in different factions to experience their stories and areas, I will be getting more out of this than the single player games.

This is my new MMO, and shall be for many, many years to come. Quit w.o.w for this, and I'm so happy i did.

(given the game strives lol)
    Edited by Reignskream on April 2, 2014 7:48AM
    Options
  • joshweps
    joshweps
    ✭✭✭

I used to be an idiot like this guy...Then I took an arrow to the knee

Options
  • Unmatched
    Unmatched
    ✭✭✭

This is my new MMO, and shall be for many, many years to come. Quit w.o.w for this, and I'm so happy i did.

No kiddin. I have been waiting for a new MMO since WOW became stale. I am really hoping that this will be everything I want it to be.
    Bacon and Skyrim....but mostly bacon....and a lawnmower
    Options
  • Bunzaga_ESO
    Bunzaga_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Haha, I guess no one liked her singing? :#
    Options
  • anthemik
    anthemik
    Selrach wrote: »
    anthemik wrote: »
    While we're here waiting, would someone explain the whole sweetrolls thing please? It has trolls in the word, so I'm guessing it's a pastry filled with the green innards of the infamous internet heckler?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Tmhnh-Xnivs

Oh yeah! I remember that quote. Sort of a more obscure arrow to the knee.
    Options
  • SureShot101
    SureShot101
    Soul Shriven
    CCP's EvE Online Down Time is only 15 minutes for the entire world, I hope ESO reaches this time frame. Then again EvE has a DT every night but 15 min a day is really not bad at all.
    Options
  • Ciinen1988
    Ciinen1988
    ✭✭✭
    joshweps wrote: »
    Ciinen1988 wrote: »
    enfp wrote: »
    Seriously it's definitely not gonna be close to perfect by the actual launch date. Just let us in!

I don't understand what would prompt a comment as ignorant as this. Regardless of whether or not it will be perfect on launch day is not a factor in whether or not they need to/decide to fix issues at this time. I understand that people want to play the game. I do too. but you have to realize that its the NA server that is down. Therefore, you can probably infer that its a crew in MD that is working on this problem at a quarter to 3 in the morning. Comments like this aren't helping anyone.

Don't feel sorry for them. There all making mint off our money. I run my own business first thing i get asked is when will you complete the job I can't just answer I will keep you updated no I give an estimated time its pretty bloody easy

You mistake my comment for sympathy. I have no sympathy for the people that are working on this. It is their job and they are doing it. My comment was directed towards the comment quoted within. I also understand that in most professions timeframes are demanded and expected. I also understand those that would like to see a timeframe. Sometimes when it comes to MMOs tho the problem could be in a single line of code and when you fix that line of code you create 10-20 other problems that now have to be fixed before the servers can go back up. Especially where by the looks of some of the posts on the forums it appears to be that most of the bugs that people are running into are tied to specific instances of the same area. This will immensely complicate things because the specific instances with the problem with have to be found before they can be fixed. But, like I said, I have no sympathy for people simply because they are at work right now. I have sympathy for the fact that I understand how difficult the situation may be and comments such as the one that my comment was directed at only demoralize people.
    Options
  • enfp
    enfp
    ✭✭
    Unmatched wrote: »

No kiddin. I have been waiting for a new MMO since WOW became stale. I am really hoping that this will be everything I want it to be.

I just wanted to let you know that your signature is HARLARIOUS. that is all.
    Options
  • MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭
    You mean Skyrim kind sir

Nope, he means Oblivion. Skyrim had the "arrow to the knee" meme. Oblivion had the endless "sweetroll" comments. And yes, it's been a part of character creation going back to, well, as far as I can remember.
    "Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...
    Options
  • DuBistTot88
    All I would have liked is something along the lines of this maintenance is going to take a few hours. Go to bed. If they say a few hours no one can get mad. At least they give you something ya know
    Options
  • Elvent
    Elvent
    ✭✭✭✭

hehe same here...I think I finally found my new "home", haven't had this feeling in a long time and I have waited many years.
    Options
  • JohnG
    JohnG
    ✭✭✭
    It would be great if we could get an answer to one simple question: Will the server be up in less than one hour or more than one hour?

Its getting rather late in the evening across north america and I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering if I should just call it a night early or not.
    Options
  • Reignskream
    Reignskream
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm watching videos of spiders in Australia, and needless to say That is one place i will never want to visit.
    Options
  • MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭

My, my you're going to be popular around here. Welcome to the forums.

Meanwhile, may I draw your attention to the game map? Yes, the game map. 'Cause I'll pay a LOT of money to see Tamriel fully realized.

Edited by MaxBat on April 2, 2014 7:55AM
    "Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...
    Options
  • blackgrendel
    The spiders here only bite tourists.
    Options
  • Unmatched
    Unmatched
    ✭✭✭
    The spiders here only bite tourists.

Because we don't know where the heck to look! Lol
    Options
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably one of the down falls of only having two "megaservers." Even when an online-only game has servers around the world there are still people that complain and are inconvenienced by maintenance regardless of when they do it.

With only two servers, the number of people complaining about and inconvenienced by the maintenance time will be astronomical.

EVE Online has had one server cluster (aka "megaserver" if you prefer) for years, and the world hasn't ended there.

Server clusters are not new technology. I'm assuming they'll have algorithms that balance instancing per-area to keep an ideal spread of players in each. This is advantageous compared to multiple servers, where a dying population necessitates a server merge (messy). Really there are so many other advantages to a cluster too.

Multiple separate servers for MMO's is a dying technique.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
    Options
  • Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭
    Wow 7k views. What's 7,000 times 60 dollars? :P
    Ulyn Andrano

VR3 Dark Elf Dragonknight

Ebonheart Pact
    Options
  • joshweps
    joshweps
    ✭✭✭
    I'm watching videos of spiders in Australia, and needless to say That is one place i will never want to visit.

oh come on mate its not that bad just jump in the pouch of your kangaroo hop on over to the pub get a few koala bears to keep guard they love the spiders

Options
  • blackgrendel
    But seriously isn't it nearly 4am in the states now?!
    Options
  • Unmatched
    Unmatched
    ✭✭✭

That means nothing for the unemployed.

Options
  • blackgrendel
    I'm watching videos of US serial killers....etc...etc lol
    Options
  • anthemik
    anthemik

This we can agree on. What else are people doing? I'm reading number 10 of O'brian's Aubrey/Maturin novels. I come back to check server status every time the marine sentry flips the glass.
    Options
  • blackgrendel
    Unmatched wrote: »

That means nothing for the unemployed.
    lol

Options