Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Server maintenance times

• Bunzaga_ESO
    Bunzaga_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so happy I have drinks (of the adult nature, lol) to keep me occupied while not trolling the forums for an escape. :stuck_out_tongue:

Perhaps it is time for me to break out the Heineken. I wanted to wait until later, usually I wait until the caffeine wears off, and then let the beer kick in :D
    Options
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    the killer is though, people who work during the week and play mostly evenings and weekends and live in the +8 hour time zon will in fact be losing Wednesday night and sunday evening as their play time. Why can this not be done on a Monday and Wednesday at 5am GMT, least then people who live In +8 won't be so badly affected and can enjoy a free weekends playing time.
    Who has time? But if we never take time how can we ever have time?
    Options
  • enfp
    enfp
    ✭✭
    So uh...do we get an extra day if we pre-ordered?

He's a genius. Free days for everyone and Sweet rolls!

Options
  • Herbatio
    Herbatio
    ✭✭✭
    Xannast wrote: »
    Herbatio wrote: »
    Dang, woke up this morning to play....SERVER MAINTENANCE, went to work for 10 hours, couldn't wait to get home....SERVER MAINTENANCE....ugghhh

What do you do for a living?
    Slave laboror on night-shift

Options
  • Xannast
    Xannast
    Alright *** it, bed time.
    Protect the weak
    Loyalty to thy Kingdom
    Blood for Blood
    Options
  • Luthien_Elfmaid
    (_)? have a beer and relax, smoke if you got em. The server is still down, just checked.

Edited by Luthien_Elfmaid on April 2, 2014 7:25AM
    Tinúviel! Tinúviel!
    He called her by her elvish name;
    And there she halted listening.
    One moment stood she, and a spell
    His voice laid on her: Beren came,
    And doom fell on Tinúviel
    Options
  • Selrach
    Selrach
    It's the belated april fools patch! The SweeTrolls are clogging the servers!
    Options
  • MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭
    Relax, really. I'm sure since - it's taking this long - they're doing something really useful ... like getting rid of the vanity pets ...
    "Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...
    Options
  • Stymeist
    Stymeist
    Soul Shriven
    MaxBat wrote: »
    Relax, really. I'm sure since - it's taking this long - they're doing something really useful ... like getting rid of the vanity pets ...

haha so true

Options
  • Medgirlpts_ESO
    Medgirlpts_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @Bunzaga_ESO‌ I did a bad thing. I mixed stimulants and depressants aka energy drink and alcohol. Somehow I see this equaling out...so I hope. I'm not a big fan of these beverages except once in awhile.
    Ceridai <3 Healing Mage <3
    --The Downtime Defenders --
    - Aldmeri Dominion -
    Options
  • anthemik
    anthemik
    While we're here waiting, would someone explain the whole sweetrolls thing please? It has trolls in the word, so I'm guessing it's a pastry filled with the green innards of the infamous internet heckler?
    Options
  • joshweps
    joshweps
    ✭✭✭
    Zenimax,

Know youre doing your best and dont mind putting upw ith the downtime this week.

But going forward, if you truly want TESO to be successful theres a lot of procedural things I would consider "standard" practice at this stage in MMO development and operations; that you would start to consider doing to help compete with other MMO mobs.

1) ETA Times on maintenance. Yes - double edged sword. BUT if you say 30 minutes to an hour, I know I can go out for 2 hours and come back to the game a bit later. If you say 8 hours, well its time for bed or something else.

You'll get idiots who expect you to nail down your ETA's exactly and wont understand if the time you have committed to takes longer. HOWEVER that is a miniscule number of complainers compared to the total inconvenience of having NO idea when the servers will be back up.

2) Two Maintenance cycles per week?

Unnecessary and Really, really pinching your Customers playtime. If your game REQUIRES two maintenances per week, then you are doing something wrong.

You would be the only MMO I can think of charging for a subscription (which I dont mind at all) that is asking its player base to put up with two maintenance cycles per week.

Make a better decision.

this guys is speaking my language!

I love this game I'm usually the one telling the annoying people to chill out and stuff but having no est time is a joke what are we all supposed to do sit her jerking it and refreshing our page all night <---- night 5pm here in Australia peak time for us and Iv been at work all day and will be tomorrow so pretty much just missing out big time.. not happy jan
    Options
  • Ciinen1988
    Ciinen1988
    ✭✭✭

or maybe (god i hope so) dealing with the gold spammers :P
    Options
  • Reignskream
    Reignskream
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thats pretty much what i got from it as well.
    Edited by Reignskream on April 2, 2014 7:25AM
    Options
  • Bunzaga_ESO
    Bunzaga_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Haha! :D I'm torn between just deleting them to clear out bank space, and keeping them just to show off next year.

Didn't any companies learn anything from GW2's crafting resource system? Just make a table with every component, and let people right click-> send to bank. No bag space taken, no hassle to run to town ever 5 mins.

Everyone tries to copy WoW, but they could at least take the good things from other games while they do it.

Options
  • Medgirlpts_ESO
    Medgirlpts_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If someone mentions a sweet roll again I'm going to be very hungry. I do not want to be hungry. Lol.
    Ceridai <3 Healing Mage <3
    --The Downtime Defenders --
    - Aldmeri Dominion -
    Options
  • enfp
    enfp
    ✭✭
    Nooooo my monkey's so cute!

Even the little screams all the ones in the wild make when I smack them down with my 2h.
    Options
  • shaddenbryanub17_ESO
    anthemik wrote: »
    While we're here waiting, would someone explain the whole sweetrolls thing please? It has trolls in the word, so I'm guessing it's a pastry filled with the green innards of the infamous internet heckler?

Someone doesn't want a sweetroll
    Options
  • Corithna
    Corithna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some times problem fixes just don't afford you the luxury of knowing exactly how long it will take. As a long time tech I know from experience that even routine procedures sometimes take much longer then anticipated. And in the case of critical problems any estimate would only serve to cause additional problems. I know this team from long experience and I can assure you that they are doing their level best to get us back up and running as soon as possible. Things have gone exceedingly well so far with the exception of a few minor glitches.
    For all the millions of pages of codified law we have enacted in this nation alone, all of it, every word, sentence, paragraph and nuance, is steeped in the singular idea of this:

"Be good to one another."
    Options
  • psdroh6892
    psdroh6892
    Soul Shriven
    Well....
    I don't know about other people but I obviously paid extra for 5 days head start.. not some ugly pets or treasure maps.
    Options
  • Reignskream
    Reignskream
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last time i ate sweet rolls, i made the mistake of watching "the incredible Dr. pol" (tv show, animal doctor), and he was helping a cow give birth. Long story short, i don't like sweet rolls anymore.
    Options
  • Z0MBiEjaw
    Z0MBiEjaw
    ✭✭✭
    yooo bump sweetrolls, cinnamon roll toaster strudels - i'm about that life.
    Luminous beings, are we; not this crude matter.
    Options
  • enfp
    enfp
    ✭✭
    joshweps wrote: »
    Zenimax,

i got up to use the bathroom and what do i come back to?
    yup, the old man jerkin it.
    its already happening
    Options
  • blahgameblahb14_ESO
    Maintenance is stated to be at 8AM EDT. Also states they may not use the times each week. So while people are raging on about 2xs a week (I don't get the Sunday either, in general) it means that if they have to restart they'll try to do it 'previously mentioned' windows so people CAN plan.

As far as tonight's downtime, since they dropped the in game mail somewhere along the way, my guess is that something in mail was being exploited or causing server issues.
    Options
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are not even past official launch day - take all the time you need to fix things up. Starting next week however, please stick to a clearly announced schedule for normal maintenance. Unless in case of emergency of course.
    - Two schedules maintenance cycles per week aint nothing; take Ultima Online for example: they have a daily maintenance of all servers.
    Options
  • enfp
    enfp
    ✭✭
    joshweps wrote: »
    Zenimax,

Know youre doing your best and dont mind putting upw ith the downtime this week.

But going forward, if you truly want TESO to be successful theres a lot of procedural things I would consider "standard" practice at this stage in MMO development and operations; that you would start to consider doing to help compete with other MMO mobs.

1) ETA Times on maintenance. Yes - double edged sword. BUT if you say 30 minutes to an hour, I know I can go out for 2 hours and come back to the game a bit later. If you say 8 hours, well its time for bed or something else.

You'll get idiots who expect you to nail down your ETA's exactly and wont understand if the time you have committed to takes longer. HOWEVER that is a miniscule number of complainers compared to the total inconvenience of having NO idea when the servers will be back up.

2) Two Maintenance cycles per week?

Unnecessary and Really, really pinching your Customers playtime. If your game REQUIRES two maintenances per week, then you are doing something wrong.

You would be the only MMO I can think of charging for a subscription (which I dont mind at all) that is asking its player base to put up with two maintenance cycles per week.

Make a better decision.

this guys is speaking my language!

I love this game I'm usually the one telling the annoying people to chill out and stuff but having no est time is a joke what are we all supposed to do sit her jerking it and refreshing our page all night <---- night 5pm here in Australia peak time for us and Iv been at work all day and will be tomorrow so pretty much just missing out big time.. not happy jan

i got up to use the bathroom and came back to the old man jerking it to god knows what. its already happening
    Options
  • jmac2727ub17_ESO
    Corithna wrote: »
    Some times problem fixes just don't afford you the luxury of knowing exactly how long it will take. As a long time tech I know from experience that even routine procedures sometimes take much longer then anticipated. And in the case of critical problems any estimate would only serve to cause additional problems. I know this team from long experience and I can assure you that they are doing their level best to get us back up and running as soon as possible. Things have gone exceedingly well so far with the exception of a few minor glitches.

I don't know what game you are playing, but the glitches I've run into the last couple of nights have been far from "minor". In one game session I ran into three glitched quests in a row while playing on EP. These weren't just minor quests they were the main quest line for the zone. I wouldn't classify that as minor.

Options
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Corithna wrote: »
    Or they can just give an estimated time with a disclaimer. People just want an estimated time so they know if they should just sleep or do other things instead of constantly checking for updates.
    Options
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should announce it in the game... They close the server at around 12 am this morning for us gmt +8 time zone. No prior notice at all.

They gave several warnings in game about the servers coming down starting 15 minutes out.

Sometimes I don't even pay attention to the chat window. The devs need to put in an audio cue. Maybe like a chime or school bell.
    Options
  • anthemik
    anthemik
    Last time i ate sweet rolls, i made the mistake of watching "the incredible Dr. pol" (tv show, animal doctor), and he was helping a cow give birth. Long story short, i don't like sweet rolls anymore.

Now I am even more confused, but will consider your words like a zen koan, and mediate upon bovine afterbirth.
    Options