Maintenance for the week of May 20:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 18:00 UTC (14:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Please limit the anniversary event. It is damaging the economy

• Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skwor wrote: »
    I don't know, a lot of people enjoy having the stuff they want to be very accessible/affordable. Seems like the demographic this mainly hurts is the profiteers who seek to exploit other players and profit at the expense of those other players regardless of the harm it causes to the gameplay experience. So... no sympathy from me.

This ^^ is why the OP is upset.

Love how a person who earns something is ridiculed for wanting to see a fair return of value for the time invested. Basically it seems in your world anyone who has something you do not have and either of you want is automatically a profiteer for wanting to sell their efforts and time.

You're labelled a profiteer because you're complaining that we suddenly have access to the goods you want to sell, only we can get them for lower prices than you want to sell them for.

You always had access, what you do not have is effort or time vested, an unwillingness to work for something you want if it takes to much effort on your part. This event reduces the effort which is fine for a short amount of time it normally lasts but that does not change the fact you are just showing a raw green envy in the quoted post. Envy and jealousy, which in a better generation were considred moral vices not something to aspire to, or celebrate.

I don't do trials and it has nothing to do with "unwilling to work for it". They just don't appeal to me.
    Getting certain motifs in my loot boxes is an added bonus for me and I'm learning all that I get that I don't know.

Options
  • inthecoconut
    inthecoconut
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know, a lot of people enjoy having the stuff they want to be very accessible/affordable. Seems like the demographic this mainly hurts is the profiteers who seek to exploit other players and profit at the expense of those other players regardless of the harm it causes to the gameplay experience. So... no sympathy from me.

Love how a person who earns something is ridiculed for wanting to see a fair return of value for the time invested. Basically it seems in your world anyone who has something you do not have and either of you want is automatically a profiteer for wanting to sell their efforts and time.

You're labelled a profiteer because you're complaining that we suddenly have access to the goods you want to sell, only we can get them for lower prices than you want to sell them for.

You always had access, what you do not have is effort or time vested, an unwillingness to work for something you want if it takes to much effort on your part. This event reduces the effort which is fine for a short amount of time it normally lasts but that does not change the fact you are just showing a raw green envy in the quoted post. Envy and jealousy, which in a better generation were considred moral vices not something to aspire to, or celebrate.

Tell that to the people spending hours every day getting 90+ dailies done. It is work. If it wasn't work, I'd be doing it lol.
    Options
  • Hokiewa
    Hokiewa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Ninka wrote: »
    Fair enough that you like a stable market, and I'm not too crazy about motifs dropping out of no where myself, I like to feel like my character is actually earning them, but it's a bit weird asking that other people don't get presents so you can earn more money.

Odd, what I am asking for is that everyone else put the same amount of effort to earn what I earned in game. You sound like you do not believe in effort verses reward.

Not much point in a game if we remove any real effort or achievements. Kind of goes against all the game theory I have l have learned

It's not really earning when it is largely dependent (at least initially) on RNG.
    Options
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Damaging the economy? Or aiding it, because then people have more gold to spend on other items.
    Options
  • veloSylraptor
    veloSylraptor
    ✭✭✭

There is no envy or jealousy, only a desire to enjoy our time through all the avenues provided by the game. Is it unreasonable to expect an enjoyable experience from a video game service you paid for? After all, most people aren't playing the game just for the enjoyment of other people who seek to profit from them at the expense of harm caused to their experience, they play the game for their own enjoyment. I don't see how those are moral vices.
    Options
  • Caliope
    Caliope

not really. you can work hard for it or really get lucky. In WoW I farmed the mount of Baron Rivendare. had 300+ visits to Stratholme dungeon, no mount. A friend got it with the 8th run. was he more time vested? I still didn't have it that damn mount.

And now the event gives away a few things you had to work for. such things happen. I don't think I ever would've farmed them. Now I have to decide if I use or sell them. Such a dilemma!! BAD event!
    Options
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only motif that was damaged by this last year for sales was (and it was literally only one, ALL other motif lines bounced back within a couple weeks last year and this motif would've taken a dive anyways with it's introduction to the writ vendor) was Glass. We have even MORE styles this year on top of the Blueprints dropping and even more material types. Given the significantly larger assortment of rewards in the boxes and the fact that only a very small percentage of players will bother to go out of their way to seriously farm boxes (like 40 dailies per toon btw if you DO want to max out) there will be minimal damage to the motif economy long term. Not to mention, most of us that DID spent all the last week farming motifs are getting burned out and will probably spend most of our unexpected bonus week finally taking advantage of that xp doubler to grind toons with minimal dailies available to them. I think your fear here is totally unwarranted. If this event had more limited drops like the 1st Witchmother Festival then I'd agree with the market flood issue- but this? We'll be fine. It will also help rein in some of the pricing that has gotten ridiculously out of control on some of the more rare motifs so more crafters can catch up. PLUS the benefit of whetting the appetite faster of new players for the outfit system. if nothing else it may improve motif sales in the long run because more players will be interested in unlocking them thanks to the outfit system. We have a much broader customer base than before.
    NA EP CP1200+
    Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)
    Alt's? at this point...so many to play, so little time!

**RED or DEAD** Long Live EP!

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
    Master Furnisher & Housing fanatic, PvP junkie
    Beta Tester, part of the 2013 Club
    Options
  • mike_skleinub17_ESO
    This morning 5 of 7 crafters got nothing memorable. The other two each got three motifs, a few surveys, and a few furnishings.

If there's an issue with the event its that.
    Options
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fairly honest the market value for things are already messed up way before event ever happened. It does seem trivial to complain about pennies when there are dollars but meh. I can say this event does make it so I can find others to trade for various things more often though.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another nonsense thread.

Those that hardcore motif farm have play time, thus should be making a buck during this event too.

Casuals get a chance at a bit of cash, or nice motifs from a few boxes.

The vet is good all round. Yes will it be pointless farming certain motifs after the event for days on end, perhaps. BUT use that Time to farm other things. Adapt.

Beside post event people will want to fill any gaps they have in their Pokémon collection things will still sell
    Make your gold now. And adapt you grind after.

Stop removing fun for more casual players.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • Hokiewa
    Hokiewa
    ✭✭✭✭

Neither is moral superiority based upon pixels earned randomly in a video game. I highly doubt anyone is really envious of you. I haven't seen in it this thread. So let's get off the pious high horse eh?
    Options
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Tell that to the people spending hours every day getting 90+ dailies done. It is work. If it wasn't work, I'd be doin

There is no envy or jealousy, only a desire to enjoy our time through all the avenues provided by the game. Is it unreasonable to expect an enjoyable experience from a video game service you paid for? After all, most people aren't playing the game just for the enjoyment of other people who seek to profit from them at the expense of harm caused to their experience, they play the game for their own enjoyment. I don't see how those are moral vices.

Sorry but I reject your whole premise that anyone is seeking to do harm by selling what they have earned that you may not have. You have the same options to earn anything in this game that anyone else has. I recognize that also includes my option in this event. Again I believe extending it is harmful to the normal flow of yh eeconomy.

Continually beating the banial sjw insults of harming others becuase anyone has earned something you have not and tries to sell it is a non starter and imo an imature mentality. The act of selling a non essential item to life in general can and never and will never cause harm to another.
    Edited by Skwor on April 12, 2018 3:21PM
    Options
  • knaveofengland
    knaveofengland
    ✭✭✭
    have your sales and profit margins slipped , expect that in any game , after a while many just wont need items ,the economy is all supply and demand , demand will drop not just because of events, when players have or make thier own then sales will drop.

Options
  • Bbsample197
    Bbsample197
    ✭✭✭✭
    damaging the economy? or damaging your own profit?
    Options
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hokiewa wrote: »

Neither is moral superiority based upon pixels earned randomly in a video game. I highly doubt anyone is really envious of you. I haven't seen in it this thread. So let's get off the pious high horse eh?

I am not the one throwing around accusations of profiteering or causing harm to others just becuase of a sale. If anything you are barking at the wrong tree about moral superiority or high horses. Seems you have a blind spot in regards to those who are actually making such moral statements. Probably not a surprise in that you likely agree with thier opinion so you toss your chastisment at me instead of the actual perpetrators.
    Options
  • inthecoconut
    inthecoconut
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO has one of the best economies of any MMO I have played. The event recks havoc on the economy, extending it will be very damaging long after it is over. Please do not saturate the markets. Doing so will make it such that everything will be easy mode to aquire and result in removing some motivation to play the game. Just my opinion but I do believe we are are already seeing many items in the market collapse.

So by this logic, are you against motifs in the crown store? I can't think of a way that is more "easy mode to acquire and result in the removing some motivation to play the game" than by actually using real money to just simply buy it instead of, as you say, play the game.
    Options
  • veloSylraptor
    veloSylraptor
    ✭✭✭

Sorry but I reject your whole premise that anyone is seeking to do harm by selling what they have earned that you may not have. You have the same options to earn anything in this game that anyone else has. I recognize that also includes my option in this event. Again I believe extending it is harmful to the normal flow of yh eeconomy.

Continually beating the banial sjw insults of harming others becuase anyone has earned something you have not and tries to sell it is a non starter and imo an imature mentality. The act of selling a non essential item to life in general can and never and will never cause harm to another.

Again, no one is accused of intending to do harm and no one has ever said that someone having something others don't harms the person who don't have. What is being said, is that those things being inaccessible or otherwise unreasonably difficult to obtain, for whatever reason, harms the overall enjoyment of players who would want to enjoy that part of the game. We are discussing the consequences of systemic decisions (in this case, by ZoS) are we not? Intent was never part of the issue.
    Edited by veloSylraptor on April 12, 2018 5:35PM
    Options
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, rereading the OP, I’d venture to say that very very few people, if any, are playing this game simply to complete all of the motif books. I like to play the game for the pve content, and being able to create my own appearance is just a nice little added bonus. I imagine eso won’t lose too many players who, because of this event, have completed all motif styles and can finally move onto other games (especially since they’ve been teasing the Tsaesci motif for months and have yet to release it). Hopefully this assuages your fears :smile:
    Options
  • alceleniel
    alceleniel
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing that gets damaged are my nerves because of the laggy guild store search.
    And the chance for the wurm cult motif could be better.
    Options
  • warabi
    warabi
    ✭✭✭
    As a newer player I don't have that many motifs, so I am elated that I get a chance to get a bunch. I am saving every last gold I have to spend on motifs during this event. I know you older players want to hoard your stuff like cranky dragons, but this event is fantastic for us mere mortals. Thanks, ZOS!
    Options
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jypcy wrote: »
    Also, rereading the OP, I’d venture to say that very very few people, if any, are playing this game simply to complete all of the motif books. I like to play the game for the pve content, and being able to create my own appearance is just a nice little added bonus. I imagine eso won’t lose too many players who, because of this event, have completed all motif styles and can finally move onto other games (especially since they’ve been teasing the Tsaesci motif for months and have yet to release it). Hopefully this assuages your fears :smile:

I agree, I do find it satisfying though that I have completed every motif and food/drink recipe.
    Edited by Skwor on April 12, 2018 3:48PM
    Options
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love seeing this type of thread, because it means the pricks in the game are suffering.
    Options
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO has one of the best economies of any MMO I have played.

ESO has a garbage economy, based on keeping the consumer from being informed (many separate traders scattered all over, so no one can actually see supply/demand/prices; awful trader interface; etc), and keeping the rich in a position of power (better trade location = more sales = more money to keep that priviledged location, etc). Yes, it's awesome for the 24/7/365 Super Pro Auction Broker™ type who loves playing Bloomberg Commodity Trader 2018. It sucks for everyone else.

For me, this event changes little, economically. I was never going to buy your overpriced motifs, and I'm never going to sell any. I enjoy getting more styles to play Nirn Hero Barbie with, and any motifs that I can't eat on one of my crafters, will just get thrown away. /shrug

(also, the "but how dare they get motifs that I Earned The Hard Way™" argument is silly, because those things aren't bound. Anyone can get those motifs just by buying them.)
    Options
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fair enough that you like a stable market, and I'm not too crazy about motifs dropping out of no where myself, I like to feel like my character is actually earning them, but it's a bit weird asking that other people don't get presents so you can earn more money.

Odd, what I am asking for is that everyone else put the same amount of effort to earn what I earned in game. You sound like you do not believe in effort verses reward.

Not much point in a game if we remove any real effort or achievements. Kind of goes against all the game theory I have l have learned

I'm missing the achievement aspect. A couple of motifs are from dungeons, not the bulk. The only achievement that I see this event having an effect on is established sellers bank accounts, not really an achievement. It isn't like the free motifs are going to allow anyone to run vMA any more easily than they could before or make them emperor, all it is going to really do is lower costs and add variety to every ones appearance.

All motifs give an achievement.

Not one that matters. You can get an achievement for picking a single flower, doesn't mean it is worth anything.

Hey! :(
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What economy? There's only a portion of the playerbase that can sell stuff, and only a portion therefore that has the gold with which to buy stuff. It's a hugely limited economy, and if those who are used to selling stuff at high prices are now finding they are only getting lesser prices, then I can't in all honesty claim to have much sympathy, or indeed any. In any event, I'm sure that once the event is over the price of the event rewards will rocket again as their supply reduces.
    Options
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    The event recks havoc on the economy, extending it will be very damaging long after it is over.
    No, it won't.

This damage is caused by the players. ZoS has no control over the economy of the game.

Want proof? Imagine if everyone stopped buying.

Goodbye, "economy".

The only reason stores exist is because buyers exist. If they don't want to slog for the item, they'll pay for it.

But buyers aren't fools. Charging 100k for a motif is stupid beyond words, just because a few bought it.

It's rather funny coming from a forum now upset the new polymorph is 2000 Crowns.

you couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

who controls drop rates for everything?

the players?

i don't think so.
    Options
  • strangeradnd
    strangeradnd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Osteos wrote: »

I'm missing the achievement aspect. A couple of motifs are from dungeons, not the bulk. The only achievement that I see this event having an effect on is established sellers bank accounts, not really an achievement. It isn't like the free motifs are going to allow anyone to run vMA any more easily than they could before or make them emperor, all it is going to really do is lower costs and add variety to every ones appearance.

All motifs give an achievement.

Not one that matters. You can get an achievement for picking a single flower, doesn't mean it is worth anything.

Hey! :(

Sorry, didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. :(
    Options
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    D'awwww, did someone get his artificial scarcity taken away?
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
    Options
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is laughable. Its a controlled economy anyway. Motif prices are way out of hand, as well as many other things. I could care less if they sell for 2 gold, gold means nothing in this game...I dont even bother to make any more than I need to maintain armor, potions, and food. Its pointless.
    Options
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The motif market has dipped maybe 20% across the board for most motifs. BA is over-rare anyway and the current pricing is much more reasonable. Everything is gonna bounce back within a month, at the very longest.
    Options