The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please limit the anniversary event. It is damaging the economy

• Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Smasherx74 wrote: »
    Skwor wrote: »
    ESO has one of the best economies of any MMO

Dvrx.gif

giphy.gif
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your post contradicts itself. If gold is worthless why is 300k an issue for a motif? If anything this event makes gold even more worthless by your logic becuase everyone will need less to buy things.

like your thread? oh the economy! and when pressed its not about the economy, its all about you.
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree that it has the best economy. When 99 percent of stuff you get is worthless and Noone would buy..I'd say the economy is only good for the 1% who get nice drops

• Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO has one of the best economies of any MMO I have played. The event recks havoc on the economy, extending it will be very damaging long after it is over. Please do not saturate the markets. Doing so will make it such that everything will be easy mode to aquire and result in removing some motivation to play the game. Just my opinion but I do believe we are are already seeing many items in the market collapse.

Agree with your comments,

ZOS is pon the verge of killing joy of leveling and economy.

These events have produced 1000's of players reaching current max CP use limit (CP 720)

Too much XP or too much drops, ZOS should think before throwing parties :)
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO has one of the best economies of any MMO I have played. The event recks havoc on the economy, extending it will be very damaging long after it is over. Please do not saturate the markets. Doing so will make it such that everything will be easy mode to aquire and result in removing some motivation to play the game. Just my opinion but I do believe we are are already seeing many items in the market collapse.

Agree with your comments,

ZOS is pon the verge of killing joy of leveling and economy.

These events have produced 1000's of players reaching current max CP use limit (CP 720)

Too much XP or too much drops, ZOS should think before throwing parties :)

And that's a problem how? Perpetually low CP people are finally able to catch up to the cap. Longer they stay in lower cp level, more problem of power gap it creates. They aren't even close to killing the "joy" of levelling and "economy". If they really wanted to kill the "joy" of such activities, they could have taken routes such as selling 50 gold mats for 50 gold. And 1 mob gives million xp. This event as is... it's hardly game breaking. Not everyone that plays MMO have the same definition of "joy" as you. Fact. Therefore, stop trying to kill others' "joy". :)
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    monktoasty wrote: »
    I disagree that it has the best economy. When 99 percent of stuff you get is worthless and Noone would buy..I'd say the economy is only good for the 1% who get nice drops

It's really, really not. Raw materials and alchemy reagents sell like hot cakes, no RNG involved at all. If you're referring to set pieces, then you're looking through a very narrow scope.

It's incredibly easy to get started with trading. I did it on a whim and earned nearly 2 million gold in the first week selling off all the stuff I'd been hoarding in my craft bag and never used, and selling off some of the trial motifs that were taking up bank space. I didn't really have much of value outside a few Thieves Guild or Dark Brotherhood motifs (and those were barely over 10k) and those crafting materials. Obviously I'm never gonna hit that sales number any time soon, but even just farming materials for a little while every day will net me 100k+ in gold per week.
  • Princess_Ciri
    Princess_Ciri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if u rely entirely on selling motifs to make money then this is ur own fault. Diversify your income sources!!!!!!! l2p economics
    GM and raid leader of Hot Girls Play DPS, the cutest guild EU
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    What economy? There's only a portion of the playerbase that can sell stuff, and only a portion therefore that has the gold with which to buy stuff. It's a hugely limited economy, and if those who are used to selling stuff at high prices are now finding they are only getting lesser prices, then I can't in all honesty claim to have much sympathy, or indeed any. In any event, I'm sure that once the event is over the price of the event rewards will rocket again as their supply reduces.

Those limits are self imposed: anyone can go, gather a few stacks of materials, then sell them in guilds or on zone chat. Is not that you have to pass an exam or something.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This event is ruining the economy! I can't make another billion in gold. But seriously, how is it a bad thing?

Ppl get motifs they've wanted. Sometimes for a decent price and I'm making gold off those motifs.

What's the problem?
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see OP's point with regard to effort.

The anniversary event unbalances the amount of effort needed to acquire motifs.

Spending an hour or two doing writs on 15 characters does not equal 2 hours or so to get 1 motif page from a public dungeon for example (Ancient Orc) as the reward for writs far exceeds the reward for grinding.

Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Spending an hour or two doing writs on 15 characters does not equal 2 hours or so to get 1 motif page from a public dungeon for example (Ancient Orc) as the reward for writs far exceeds the reward for grinding.
    And that's a bad thing how?

It's a visual style...nothing more, ffs.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only damage on the economy really has been on Motifs. I've seen 60k motifs drop to below 20k now due to the event.

The only reason the anniversary event is lasting this long is due to it being the only way to acquire the Worm Cult motif.
    PC NA
    @SkruDe
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

More the DLC HM farming many has done lately.
    I had had most of my income from CWC sets lately, crow dailes mostly as it beat crafting writs in time :)
    Price is now dropping down toward the half.
    Same a year ago then I was farming heists, after the event price was below half so I stopped.
    Stil for me the event is an major income boost and an way to get lots of motifs.
    Edited by zaria on April 13, 2018 1:54PM
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The items in the market would have dropped in price naturally anyway. And as it is, the drop rate on motifs regardless of the style is still quite low, low enough to still maintain a scarcity.

You are not considering the buyers effect during this event. For motifs many people are filling out their motifs which will lead to a reduced market for them after it is over. Scarcity matters little when those who would buy already have the item.

They just introduced the outfitter style so there's more demand for motifs now than there was last year and the prices to being with are much much higher than they were last year. Even with the price reduction motifs are still more valuable than last year. Just use this time to stock up and sell off over time.
  • Yzalirk
    Yzalirk
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really do not see the problem with the ESO economy, at least on PS4. People are really capitalizing on the Worm Cult motifs though. I think people are selling them for 50k per page. Other motifs really needed to be circulated as I rarely found them in guild traders, particularly alliance motifs.
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want your motifs to be valued for the achievement dont buy them on traders and junk the pages you win. Denying other players cosmetic reward looks or master writ availability to suit your play style and status expectations is simply flawed.

If you are having your ingame income lowered by cheap motifs, buy them up and sell them in 6 months when they are rarer or diversify. Ive made a killing on intricates because everyone is trying to level crafting to max aniversary boxes.

The in game economy is fine. Its a game. React to market trends and dont put all your gold generation into a single income source.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I was ZOS and I wanted to encourage the sale of Outfit Change tokens, wouldn’t putting more motif styles out to everyone be a way to do so?
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yzalirk wrote: »
    I really do not see the problem with the ESO economy, at least on PS4. People are really capitalizing on the Worm Cult motifs though. I think people are selling them for 50k per page. Other motifs really needed to be circulated as I rarely found them in guild traders, particularly alliance motifs.

They're quite sane. I've seen people actually buy Worm Cult chests motif on some guild stores in EU-PC for 300K. And the price actually went up like 5x since those could be had for 50K in the first couple of days. As I pointed out I think they are playing the "flip to greater fool" game hoping they are not the last in the chain ;)
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • swirve
    swirve
    ✭✭✭✭

No it doesnt. What economy are you talking about

Low income players go by with 50k a week.
    Mid with 250k-1mil
    High income 10 or more mil.

There is no economy with such vast difference between pockets and certainly the poor majority of the player base deserves to make some gold from SOME of the motifs they wont use.

Besides lol...

When you can farm/craft everything by yourself, you dont need to sell.
    And unless you are a trading guild leader you wont have gold gear within a day.

The poor players are being ripped off by the rich... i often see resellers lowballing then uppricing...
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »

It's really, really not. Raw materials and alchemy reagents sell like hot cakes, no RNG involved at all.

As an aside, after playing games with a rational trader interface, I can't imagine buying crafting mats in this game. Without keyword search & price/unit sorting, how can you tell that the 10 pieces of Raw Vegetables you're buying for what seems like a low price isn't actually more expensive than the 200-stack six pages deeper (hidden among dozens of other listings)?

Bad enough you need to have a calculator at hand to run numbers on every stack you look at, let alone the part where you now need to run between (at least) the other half dozen traders at the same location to compare to the prices there.

It's that kind of headache that makes me just not bother. I'd rather spend an hour looting crates to find some potatoes than beat my head against the guild trader interface and it's deliberate obtuseness. :/
  • DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭
    Anniversary event going great, Please make it a month long.
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MattT1988 wrote: »
    Meh. The market needed to crash anyway. Things were way to expensive. I mean 50k for a semi rare motif page? LOL.

This is coming from more of a seller then a buyer.

Problem is not with motif page. Motifs are not important for gameplay. Motifs are for max cps sitting on pile of resources and dont know what to do with it.

Crash the alchemy market. There is no justification for selling 10 columbines for 3000 gold. 100 spell potions are in 20k range. Alchemy is very important for day to day gameplay. ZOs may be intentionally kept that on high end , forcing lowbies to purchase crown supplies. Even making simple health potions costs a lot. Lowbies are bankrupt most of the time.

ZOS isn't 'fixing' the market. The reason Columbine sells so high is because it's the core reagent for all the most common endgame potions, Immov pots (used in both PvE and PvP) and Tri pots (used in both PvE and PvP).

Lowbies have no need to buy any supplies from the crown store. Nothing about overland PvE puts enough pressure on the player to use anything but trash pots. If they use alchemy mats before cp160, then they may as well be selling it to a vendor.

Its not columbine. Entire alchemy basic ingredients. Columbine I just give an example.
    "Nothing about overland PvE puts enough pressure on the player to use anything but trash pots. ? "

Ask players in level 10-50 without any CPs to justify your statement. Its one of the important reason for people to leave the game once for all. They are not going to come back. ZOs is so good at fixing anything. ZOs once grabbed money from new players they burry their heads under sand. Leaching new bies is so ridiculous in this game. ZOs only improving it.

Experienced players are so keen in AP parcels and sell at ridiculous prices in guild store and leaching new bies. There are so many ways to earn money in this game. Alchemy should not be and never should be treated on par with legendary gears. Its bad game design.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on April 13, 2018 3:47PM
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L
    monktoasty wrote: »

It's really, really not. Raw materials and alchemy reagents sell like hot cakes, no RNG involved at all. If you're referring to set pieces, then you're looking through a very narrow scope.

It's incredibly easy to get started with trading. I did it on a whim and earned nearly 2 million gold in the first week selling off all the stuff I'd been hoarding in my craft bag and never used, and selling off some of the trial motifs that were taking up bank space. I didn't really have much of value outside a few Thieves Guild or Dark Brotherhood motifs (and those were barely over 10k) and those crafting materials. Obviously I'm never gonna hit that sales number any time soon, but even just farming materials for a little while every day will net me 100k+ in gold per week.

I make 100k a week just playing normally without grinding mats. My point is not that gold is hard to make its that the economy is inflated thus the measure is not in the hundreds of thousands but in the millions and that takes leet drops.

So you can grind mats whoopee do..a games economy value is its loot and it's stuff to buy..sadly..good loot is rare and there is nothing to buy. It's all on the cash shop

• Alamakot
    Alamakot
    ✭✭✭
    swirve wrote: »
    The poor players are being ripped off by the rich... i often see resellers lowballing then uppricing...
    It's not my fault I've found Kuta offered for 90g at one of Malabar Tor traders in the time when middle MM price (PC/EU) was around 4.5k. Of course bought it and immediately put to own guildstore, at proper price.

Ok. I'm a Ripper. I should resend this Kuta directly to this player with pm "put it again for 4k. I'll come back and buy" :D

• VonNelson
    VonNelson
    ✭✭✭
    Please don’t
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    itscompton wrote: »
    lygerseye wrote: »
    And I used to think RPers were truly a niche player-type. This has got to be the nichest of the niche. You do you, man.

Just don’t expect the other 99.9% to accommodate you.

You would be shocked at the number of people who play ESO economy. This is evidenced by the not insignificant amount of high end trade guilds that require over 100k in sale a week.

Mournhold is THE trading hub on PS4 and I'm in a guild that is there every week and have been in others that are there consistently and not a single one of those "high end" trade guilds have any such requirement for sales. All they require is you pay your dues each week.

Most guilds on pc Na have several ways to meet reqs. Usually a sales minimum is available with paying dues or supplementing your minimum with that. So it's the same thing just different route of contribution.
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    itscompton wrote: »
    lygerseye wrote: »
    And I used to think RPers were truly a niche player-type. This has got to be the nichest of the niche. You do you, man.

Just don’t expect the other 99.9% to accommodate you.

You would be shocked at the number of people who play ESO economy. This is evidenced by the not insignificant amount of high end trade guilds that require over 100k in sale a week.

Mournhold is THE trading hub on PS4 and I'm in a guild that is there every week and have been in others that are there consistently and not a single one of those "high end" trade guilds have any such requirement for sales. All they require is you pay your dues each week.

Most guilds on pc Na have several ways to meet reqs. Usually a sales minimum is available and if you don't meet it you can opt to pay dues or supplement your minimum with that. So it's the same thing just different route of contribution.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reduce drop rate for other motifs and increase the drop rate for worm
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • strangeradnd
    strangeradnd
    ✭✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »
    Reduce drop rate for other motifs and increase the drop rate for worm

Based on my drops and those of several friends WC has the highest motif drop rate now. I don't know if this as actually to case but based on a group total of a couple thousand it is the most frequent style to drop. I have also seen other posts indicating the same thing so I don't think this is just an aberration.
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kAU5hsR.gif