Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

PVPers that kill people questing in towns

• Syncronaut
    Syncronaut
    ✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    PvE'ers questing in a PvP zone with no interest whatsoever in engaging in PvP are scumbags, period.

^ about as valid as the thread title is.

I guess those people never experienced a Stranglethorn Vale.
    Options
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    I do a lot of PVP (cyrodiil level 33), mostly solo, but I always try to spare afk enemies,

i usually solo but i never spare afk players. its my gift to them. a present that says: dont go afk in pvp zones without stealthing.
    Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Madhojo wrote: »
    Yes because a level 50 vs a level 720 is oh so fair and balanced... (that's sarcasm btw)

I agree with OP on this one. Why? Because it's always a 500+ player ganking a far lower level player. Always.

Now if PVP in ESO was like Battlefield then I wouldn't have an issue (ie: I have the same chance to kill someone as that person has of killing me) but it isn't. Unfortunately, the PVP in ESO is so insanely unbalanced it's not even funny, which is why I agree with OP on this.

Plus these gankers are players who do not want to fight people on an equal level nor do they want to fight someone who has a chance of killing them and they run as soon as a group or someone of their level comes after them. They are cowards.

You don't like a CP-imbalance - go to the no-cp campaign.. simples.... (and btw, sub-50's are also competitive too if their gear is good with the way battle-levelling works - I've levelled up most of my newer characters from about level 20 in cyrodiil)
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    Options
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    itscompton wrote: »
    I doubt you'd want a PvPer to come run a vet dungeon or trail wearing their PVP gear, you've got to dress for the occasion. It goes both ways.

PvPers in PvE vets are so funny.

They always queue up as tank, heal and dd. The first thing they do is yell they want this or that piece of that particular set. Then they run ahead spamming the same skill all the time, doing literally 6K DPS, dying at the first trash group unless power healed.

And finally back to Cyridill, hiding for hours in a desolate place, waiting for a lone PvEr to gank and feel skilled and powerful.

I am absolutely sure that those folks exist. Just like the original poster here exists to defy logic. For me, I live in PVP on one toon and run Trials daily on other toons. The overall point being..if a person wants to run content, whether PVE or PVP they should prepare for the content they are going to run. Failure to prepare on their part should not constitute a change on our parts.

I agree (prepare for the content, it's only sensible) BUT for catching, what, 12 fish or snagging those last skyshards? I think it's a bit much to then need to gear up, possibly respec and learn the ropes for those. I consider the MA goals and (sorta) skyshards etc. to be a design flaw on ZMax's part.

If all you want from the PvP zone is 12 fish and a couple of skyshards, then you don't really need to prepare. Sure, you might die a couple of times but why does that matter? It's not like dying costs you anything bigger than a couple of minutes of your time at worst. Just go back and get your fish. If the place is camped, go make yourself a sandwich or something and come back later. Cyrodiil does not have enough population to have every spot camped 24/7.

I've tried, six times now, to "just go back and get my fish". Hasn't worked out very well. There's two sorcs who really think my feeble goal should not happen, plus assorted other hair-trigger players. I got tired of it and have left it for a couple weeks now. I also am finally maxed on the fishing character in all things mount so when I do get clobbered it's not as much of a hassle getting back to that one fishing node. Anyway after the current event is over, I'll be back at it. I think there are folk who camp the fishing spots. I truly do. No wonder by the time someone comes along they are desperate to clobber something.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
    Options
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I killed a cp843 last night on my lvl 16, what does level have to do with anything @madhojo?
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    I killed a cp843 last night on my lvl 16, what does level have to do with anything @madhojo?

Below 50 your stats are artificially bloated through Battle Leveling. Once you hit 50 that advantage is gone.

All I take from the OP is: „Let me have the goodies presented on a silver tablet.“ That’s not how it works usually.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Feanor this is true but the 843 was running a monster set, most likely bis gear in gold and played the class for some time.

I'm in blue gear, crafted sets...
    Edited by MajBludd on April 5, 2018 12:07PM
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MajBludd

Well, skill does matter still ;)
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    Options
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I doubt you'd want a PvPer to come run a vet dungeon or trail wearing their PVP gear, you've got to dress for the occasion. It goes both ways.

They always queue up as tank, heal and dd. The first thing they do is yell they want this or that piece of that particular set. Then they run ahead spamming the same skill all the time, doing literally 6K DPS, dying at the first trash group unless power healed.

And finally back to Cyridill, hiding for hours in a desolate place, waiting for a lone PvEr to gank and feel skilled and powerful.

I am absolutely sure that those folks exist. Just like the original poster here exists to defy logic. For me, I live in PVP on one toon and run Trials daily on other toons. The overall point being..if a person wants to run content, whether PVE or PVP they should prepare for the content they are going to run. Failure to prepare on their part should not constitute a change on our parts.

I agree (prepare for the content, it's only sensible) BUT for catching, what, 12 fish or snagging those last skyshards? I think it's a bit much to then need to gear up, possibly respec and learn the ropes for those. I consider the MA goals and (sorta) skyshards etc. to be a design flaw on ZMax's part.

Edited: sorry, I'd said pretty much the same thing upthread because I thought,I was replying to someone else. My bad!

No worries. :)

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
    Options
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with you op, but the older you get, the more you realize that the majority of people in the world are selfish ***.
    Options
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like OP needs to L2PvP
    Edited by Unfadingsilence on April 5, 2018 12:19PM
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xbobx wrote: »
    I agree with you op, but the older you get, the more you realize that the majority of people in the world are selfish ***.
    Why is it selfish? Odd viewpoint.

One person is using the zone as intended, sure playing as they want to but also playing relevant to the zone

The other is wanting to play how they want, want the other NOT to play how he wants and not to play in keeping with the zone....

One is selfish for sure
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if-you-dont-5ac615.jpg
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

One person is using the zone as intended, sure playing as they want to but also playing relevant to the zone

The other is wanting to play how they want, want the other NOT to play how he wants and not to play in keeping with the zone....

One is selfish for sure

That's the same mindset and viewpoint as calling someone not willing to carry you through a dungeon "elitist".
    Options
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, sorry - but it's a PVP zone. I've been killed and killed doing dailies - it's the way it is. I personally wouldn't camp with the specific goal of killing questers, but if I run into an opposing player while I am doing my quests - especially in my Alliance's town - all bets are off.

Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

One is selfish for sure

That's the same mindset and viewpoint as calling someone not willing to carry you through a dungeon "elitist".

To be entirely fair, expecting to run around a PVP zone completely unprepared for PVP and still have it work out fine for you because enemy players,will go easy on you is not all that different from expecting to walk into a Vet Dungeon completely unprepared and still have it work out fine because the group carried you,

Complete with the same "if you were really that good of a player you'd..." Only kill PVPers/carry me anyway arguments.

And also, in my experience, met with about the same level of tolerance.
    Edited by VaranisArano on April 5, 2018 12:31PM
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

THIS PVPer has PVE-specific characters that are geared appropriately. When I run my three PVP characters through pledges to work on Undaunted (which I do WITHOUT COMPLAINING, even though I have no intention of running end game PVE content with them), they're in PVE gear with PVE-appropriate CP allocations. I know plenty other PVPers who take the time to respec for the content they're playing.

Don't generalize, and don't assume. Assumptions make you look like a you-know-what.

Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

One is selfish for sure

To be entirely fair, expecting to run around a PVP zone completely unprepared for PVP and still have it work out fine for you because enemy players,will go easy on you is not all that different from expecting to walk into a Vet Dungeon completely unprepared and still have it work out fine because the group carried you,

Complete with the same "if you were really that good of a player you'd..." Only kill PVPers/carry me anyway arguments.

And also, in my experience, met with about the same level of tolerance.

Yes exactly. I was referring to the post @Beardimus quoted, not his own post. :)
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there are folk who camp the fishing spots. I truly do.

Put yourself into their shoes. How often do you see someone fishing in cyrodiil? As someone who spends pretty much all of the time in cyrodiil, i can tell you that in all my PvP career(thats four years), i saw someone fishing maybe 2 times.

In other words, camping a fishing spot makes zero sense from the AP-per-hour perspective. They only were there again because you kept coming back (which also makes zero sense btw because after the first kill you were worth no AP, so those guys were noobs).

As i said. Go make yourself a sandwich, and by the time you finished eating it, the guys would have moved elsewhere.

Options
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    @jaschacasadiob16_ESO pvp'rs unskilled and hiding to gank pvers?
    How many times were you killed by one of these "unskilled" players?
    A couple.

Most often than not, even if they try, they can't and vanish after 4-5 seconds. And I don't bother trying to follow them. Really, my activity in PvP is usually limited to getting abilities that are required elsewhere (Purge, ...) and skysharding.

On the other hand, it has happened several times that, inside a delve, I met someone from another alliance having trouble. Rather than just killing him, I simply use an emote to tell him/her to move aside then AoE all down. I always avoid AoE if a person of another faction is close to me. Maybe this guy has spent 10 minutes walking there. Why should I waste his time?

It's a PvP zone and yes you have the right to kill other players. But there is a difference in between playing PvP and being simply an a$$.
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
    Options
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Get a group together with a crap ton of healers / Negates etc etc...

Quests done.

GG

I do all content but I can see the salty pvp players are getting revenge on the pve players due to zos leaving them in the cold all these years in favor of their favorite children..... the casual players.

Edited by Troneon on April 5, 2018 12:44PM
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
    Options
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    I found Vivec yesterday some AD players were camping Bruma and kept killing me to the point I couldn't get dailies done.
    I switched to Sotha Sil (which was quietest). I saw some EP players but they left me alone as I just did the dailies and didn't fight them or try and capture any flags.

I think your milage may vary. Some players are intent on camping and taking advantage of people wanting to do dailies for the event.

Others seem to have the unspoken understanding and leaving people alone.

In terms of doing the dailies you can do these in any campaign. It makes sense to do them in the most unpopular campaign. You don't need any other players, friendly or enemy in order to complete these dailies.
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
    Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade
    Options
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    I think there are folk who camp the fishing spots. I truly do.

Put yourself into their shoes. How often do you see someone fishing in cyrodiil? As someone who spends pretty much all of the time in cyrodiil, i can tell you that in all my PvP career(thats four years), i saw someone fishing maybe 2 times.

In other words, camping a fishing spot makes zero sense from the AP-per-hour perspective. They only were there again because you kept coming back (which also makes zero sense btw because after the first kill you were worth no AP, so those guys were noobs).

As i said. Go make yourself a sandwich, and by the time you finished eating it, the guys would have moved elsewhere.

Heh, how would I know how often they see someone fishing? :)

I already covered this, though, up-thread.

I don't want a bloody sandwich (and the time it took to get back to that fishing hole, I could've made far more than a sandwich).

I

WANT

MY

LAST

TWO

FISH

And then I shan't be seen hide nor hair again in Cyro. :)

Options
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have rules that I strictly follow in PvP. One of them being "Never have feelings for the enemy'. :) Maybe if PvE players spent some time reading all the forum threads going back 4 years then they would understand why we attack when we see enemy players.

The only way you can trigger my kindness in PvP is to whisper me and say something like, "Can you please let me live? I am just questing".

Edited by vamp_emily on April 5, 2018 12:57PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

Options
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think we're talking two different topics. Regular PVE questers anytime, and those coming to score the daily boxes for the festival.

In the latter - there are ample other ways to get those boxes without setting foot in Cyrodiil. You chose the risk (dare I say greedy??). That doesn't make players that kill you scumbags.
    Edited by anadandy on April 5, 2018 12:49PM
    Options
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭

wait, you agree with the OP and then call him selfish in the same sentence? i mean, you can't be talking about the people who are there killing players in a zone specifically for killing players because thats not selfish at all, unless you define selfish as doing as intended by the designers of the game.
    Options
  • Cheveyo
    Cheveyo
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's funny that the devs probably made it this way to try to get more people into Cyrodil, but they wildly underestimated how ***-y players can be.
    Options
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    I have rules that I strictly follow in PvP. One of them being "Never have feelings for the enemy'. :) Maybe if PvE players spent some time reading all the forum threads going back 4 years then you will understand why we attack when we see enemy players.

The only way you can trigger my kindness in PvP is to whisper me and say something like, "can you please let me live, i am just questing".

Tried that and even as a crusty old lady who is no prude, I got an education in "rude". :)

I've been reading about PvP vs. PvE since 1998. I do understand. What I do not understand is ZMax putting essential achievement stuff (well, essential to those for whom achievement hunting matters) in a place where PvEers (many with utterly no clue) need to enter. I'm not anti-PvP at all, despite it not being something I care to do. I'm irritated with ZMax.

Options
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This morning i killed a 25 level guy while questing. But i was doing Vlastarus quests and Vlastarus was ours. I ignored him quite a while but he tried to take the town and i felt like i would either kill him or say goodbye to some boxes.

Even after killing him i felt bad that i wanted to say sorry lol. But i wasn't able to whisper mb he quit or sth.

It's obviously a choice to kill people in PvP zone. But killing people who don't even have sets/skills/cps for PvP and saying it's fun is something else. It can be the game itself giving you this opportunity but it sure can mean that you are a scumbag when you abuse this till the end.

And they are still surprised when nobody wants PvP in PvE zones.

Edit: typo.
    Edited by themaddaedra on April 5, 2018 12:53PM
    PC|EU
    Options
  • Orjix
    Orjix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope, it's in a PVP zone. They are the enemy, they must die
    Options