The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

PVPers that kill people questing in towns

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    I have rules that I strictly follow in PvP. One of them being "Never have feelings for the enemy'. :) Maybe if PvE players spent some time reading all the forum threads going back 4 years then you will understand why we attack when we see enemy players.

The only way you can trigger my kindness in PvP is to whisper me and say something like, "can you please let me live, i am just questing".

Tried that and even as a crusty old lady who is no prude, I got an education in "rude". :)

I've been reading about PvP vs. PvE since 1998. I do understand. What I do not understand is ZMax putting essential achievement stuff (well, essential to those for whom achievement hunting matters) in a place where PvEers (many with utterly no clue) need to enter. I'm not anti-PvP at all, despite it not being something I care to do. I'm irritated with ZMax.

The argument is: If it's that important to you to get the achievement done then you're expected to take the effort. At least that's what PvP players get told when it comes to PvE exclusive achievements (which ironically are 99% of the game achievements).

But the future will even be better. Update 18 will bring PvP exclusive costumes and goodies with special dailies. I can already see the complaints because it's apparently too hard for PvE players to get these...
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • Nihility42
    Nihility42
    ✭✭✭✭
    killing them serves no purpose at all.

Well, it's fun and free AP. So seems purposeful to me.
    Options
  • Nihility42
    Nihility42
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have rules that I strictly follow in PvP. One of them being "Never have feelings for the enemy'. :) Maybe if PvE players spent some time reading all the forum threads going back 4 years then you will understand why we attack when we see enemy players.

The only way you can trigger my kindness in PvP is to whisper me and say something like, "can you please let me live, i am just questing".

Tried that and even as a crusty old lady who is no prude, I got an education in "rude". :)

I've been reading about PvP vs. PvE since 1998. I do understand. What I do not understand is ZMax putting essential achievement stuff (well, essential to those for whom achievement hunting matters) in a place where PvEers (many with utterly no clue) need to enter. I'm not anti-PvP at all, despite it not being something I care to do. I'm irritated with ZMax.

PVP is as much a part of the game as PVE. It would be weird not to have PVP and PVP-zone based achievements.
    Options
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

The argument is: If it's that important to you to get the achievement done then you're expected to take the effort. At least that's what PvP players get told when it comes to PvE exclusive achievements (which ironically are 99% of the game achievements).

But the future will even be better. Update 18 will bring PvP exclusive costumes and goodies with special dailies. I can already see the complaints because it's apparently too hard for PvE players to get these...

Sometimes I feel like people aren't reading what I'm saying. :)

I know that. I get that. I don't even argue that. Nor do I believe that the majority of PvPers are "scumbags". If I am in a PvP area, well, I expect to be ganked. I am also not one who snipe at PvPers in PvE areas.

If we, as a community are ever going to get past this bickering back and forth and labeling/stereotyping, we need to stop making assumptions, listen to those who have reasonable input and stop falling for bait. The party to address is ZMax. Disenfranchised players are just venting and have little to no influence on the future.

It's ZMax I have a bone to pick with. It's frustrating to need to either be someone else's content or go through a whole rigamarole of spec'ing, learning PvP rotations, gearing up etc. for some bloody fish.

I couldn't care less about costumes from Cyro/IC. If I did, well I suppose I'd have to suck it up but they're just not that important but after spending a hideous amount of time fishing, well, I want my fish. :)

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I am a PvPer but when I did my Master Angler achievement I was quite amazed that I never was attacked once or even rarely spotted another player in the fishing areas because most are off the beaten track of most PvP.
    Why? I have a good working knowledge of the Cyrodiil map and studied a fishing hole locations map and chose the safest routes to fish.
    As to the ocean spot in front of AD gates never try to fish them if AD is gated as AD will be coming out the gate as they have to. There is a tree in front of the spot you can hide behind and cast from making you less visible that combined with stealthing while fishing makes that a lot easier.

Bruma, Vlastarus, and Cropsford while being quest hubs are also strategic captureable towns used to respawn in enemy territory and will be defended quite heavily so always be prepared for a fight at these cities.

Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DieAlteHexe

Oh I'm getting very well what you are saying. It's that you don't like that Cyrodiil is a required zone for Master Angler. As you don't care about other achievements the specific gripe with PvP requirements for achievements comes down to that. So, in the end it's "don't require PvP zones for the achievements I care for". That's hardly a solution though.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @DieAlteHexe

Oh I'm getting very well what you are saying. It's that you don't like that Cyrodiil is a required zone for Master Angler. As you don't care about other achievements the specific gripe with PvP requirements for achievements comes down to that. So, in the end it's "don't require PvP zones for the achievements I care for". That's hardly a solution though.

Cyrodiil fishing was a breeze for me. Pretty much all the holes are away from major travel routes.

I didn’t see a single enemy the whole time.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
    Options
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I occasionally come to towns to do 1VX.
    Towns are the only places(except remote resources etc.) 1V2 or 1V3 is possible without being zerged.

Though I never attack low level enemy players or players who have no clue what they are doing.
    If the enemy players are just doing quests and they don't attack me, I leave them be.
    I also look on the enemy players CP points and alliance rank to see if it's not too low before I engage.
    Edited by Universe on April 5, 2018 1:15PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
    Options
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are not there to PVP you are in the wrong zone.
    [DC/NA]
    Options
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @DieAlteHexe

I realise it's hardly a solution and we're not going to arrive at one if we just keep slanging back and forth (like the OP). I do care about all achievements but the MA is the current one. The others I've yet to get to the "must go to Cyro" stage. I have to give consideration as to whether they are worth the effort. I'm still pondering that. Steep learning curve for them, just not sure how badly I want to get the other achievements.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
    Options
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had so much fun killing other questers while I was doing the dailies on Shor XBox NA and leveling my Magden in Bruma last night. Normally I wouldn't do it but with the event and all I feel it's our responsibility to maintain the faction purity and security of the city for Pact members exclusively. We're not here to harass PVEers, we're here to ensure your safety, so long as you've chosen the right side...

Options
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @DieAlteHexe

Cyrodiil fishing was a breeze for me. Pretty much all the holes are away from major travel routes.

Bah, go ahead and rub it in, why don't you. LOL

I deeply regret doing the MA on a non-stealth character. If I ever am crazy enough to do it again, I'll rectify that.

Options
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @DieAlteHexe

I deeply regret doing the MA on a non-stealth character. If I ever am crazy enough to do it again, I'll rectify that.

I did it on my main...Stam DK....alone. There was no hiding haha.

Several PVE zones were much, much harder from an RNG perspective. (Stonefalls, Glenumbra, The Rift and Alikr were huge pains).

:)
    -Berj Stoneheart
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DieAlteHexe

It should not make much of a difference. All characters can stealth - the important thing is moving fast in stealth which you can get by becoming a vamp (if only for the occassion). Once you are at the hole, you have to be visible while fishing anyway.

You can also use invisibility/speed potions strategically, to pass through packs of mobs that you would have to fight through otherwise.
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Because there is a war going on in Cyrodiil.
    Options
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @DieAlteHexe

Several PVE zones were much, much harder from an RNG perspective. (Stonefalls, Glenumbra, The Rift and Alikr were huge pains).

Now see, I had no problem with those zones (warden, sorc and temp so far). You're a better man than I. PvP and I have never gotten on and I know it's me. I make no other claim, I suck at it. But I also appreciate that for many it's a great deal of fun and no, neither "side" are all angels but neither are they all devils. So tired of that nonsense.

Options
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be really neat if they made a set with the following 5 pc bonus:

5 pieces: While fishing you are immune to disabling effects, and your damage done is reduced by 100%. When you are attacked while fishing, your hook gets caught in the attacker immobilizing him until you stop fishing.
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What is ironic about these posts right now is that many are going to Cyrodiil for quick and easy dailies instead of doing harder dailies in PvE zones. Then they complain when the Cyrodiil dailies become harder. Maybe the Cyrodiil dailies are as easy as they are because the devs took into account the chance of being killed by another player?
    Options
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭

all I know is that ad got screwed when they added the towns for capture we have two of them close to are home keeps while dc and ep has one the entire capturing towns thing wasn't well thought out and should either be reworked or removed all together chorrol or cheydinhal should be the other towns
    Options
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    @DieAlteHexe

It should not make much of a difference. All characters can stealth - the important thing is moving fast in stealth which you can get by becoming a vamp (if only for the occassion). Once you are at the hole, you have to be visible while fishing anyway.

You can also use invisibility/speed potions strategically, to pass through packs of mobs that you would have to fight through otherwise.

On my stealthy char, I have such high stamina regen and other things that really help with moving fast whilst stealth, I think that might help a bit but alas, I didn't think that far in advance. I didn't even really intend to go for MA but I started fishing for the fish for provisioning. Yeah, it escalated.

The fishing spot is out of the way and that's why I'm pretty convinced it's camped some of the time. Either that or I'm followed or have horrible timing or am turning into a raving paranoiac. Matters not in the end, I usually end up dead. I have managed to get it down to two fish from, I think, 12. Patience, me, patience.

ETA: And why did this get moved to dungeons, trials and arenas? Hmmm.
    Edited by DieAlteHexe on April 5, 2018 1:45PM

Options
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @DieAlteHexe

Now see, I had no problem with those zones (warden, sorc and temp so far). You're a better man than I. PvP and I have never gotten on and I know it's me. I make no other claim, I suck at it. But I also appreciate that for many it's a great deal of fun and no, neither "side" are all angels but neither are they all devils. So tired of that nonsense.

Yeah, I agree. I’m not yolo swag meta rider 420 in PvP, but I do alright.

I don’t have any interest in swinging from streamers Hollowjack marbles or using bugged out/unbalanced sets to cheap other people.

It can be fun from time to time.
    -Berj Stoneheart
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP is a war tourist. And just like war tourists in real life, sometimes it works out just fine. And when it doesn't...no one is surprised.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would be really neat if they made a set with the following 5 pc bonus:

5 pieces: While fishing you are immune to disabling effects, and your damage done is reduced by 100%. When you are attacked while fishing, your hook gets caught in the attacker immobilizing him until you stop fishing.

LOL! If only. :)

Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DieAlteHexe

On my stealthy char, I have such high stamina regen and other things that really help with moving fast whilst stealth, I think that might help a bit but alas, I didn't think that far in advance.

Make sure you buy all 4 ranks in the first passive from the Legerdemain world skill line. It reduces the stamina cost of sneaking by 40%, making the cost trivial even for non-medium armor characters.

You can also reduce sneak cost through CP, but honestly if you have the above, it would be an overkill. I can sneak with my heavy armor magicka DK vamp for what feels like forever.

Options
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @DieAlteHexe

Yeah, I agree. I’m not yolo swag meta rider 420 in PvP, but I do alright.

I don’t have any interest in swinging from streamers Hollowjack marbles or using bugged out/unbalanced sets to cheap other people.

It can be fun from time to time.

I had fun in DAoC RvR and Warhammer Online PvPing (or RvRing). Especially Warhammer, it was hilarious. But serious PvPing? I suck, people get frustrated with me and it's not worth upsetting them or me. And soloing? Hah, not a chance for me. Ah well.

Options
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @DieAlteHexe

On my stealthy char, I have such high stamina regen and other things that really help with moving fast whilst stealth, I think that might help a bit but alas, I didn't think that far in advance.

Make sure you buy all 4 ranks in the first passive from the Legerdemain world skill line. It reduces the stamina cost of sneaking by 40%, making the cost trivial even for non-medium armor characters.

You can also reduce sneak cost through CP, but honestly if you have the above, it would be an overkill. I can sneak with my heavy armor magicka DK vamp for what feels like forever.

Done. :)

It is fun to be able to cruise around in sneak mode and not worry a bit about stamina. I've been known to cheese content by slithering past yard trash. No regrets.

Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »

all I know is that ad got screwed when they added the towns for capture we have two of them close to are home keeps while dc and ep has one the entire capturing towns thing wasn't well thought out and should either be reworked or removed all together chorrol or cheydinhal should be the other towns

no, Drake belongs to EP no matter how you try to spin it and try to talk smak about it.
    Drake is an EP Home Keep. and that includes cropsford.
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This morning i killed a 25 level guy while questing. But i was doing Vlastarus quests and Vlastarus was ours. I ignored him quite a while but he tried to take the town and i felt like i would either kill him or say goodbye to some boxes.

Even after killing him i felt bad that i wanted to say sorry lol. But i wasn't able to whisper mb he quit or sth.

It's obviously a choice to kill people in PvP zone. But killing people who don't even have sets/skills/cps for PvP and saying it's fun is something else. It can be the game itself giving you this opportunity but it sure can mean that you are a scumbag when you abuse this till the end.

And they are still surprised when nobody wants PvP in PvE zones.

Edit: typo.

As a PVP/PVE player, I'm never surprised that PVE players don't want PVP in their PVP zones or Justice System. if PVP is allowed, everything becomes PVP and some people just really dont like that. Heck, I like my PVE content to stay PVE.

But I also expect to PVP in a PVP zone. Whether I was new, just there for the fish, or just there for the quests. Thats not abuse. That's playing the game as designed.
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Punctuation would really help this comment.
    Options
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭

no, Drake belongs to EP no matter how you try to spin it and try to talk smak about it.
    Drake is an EP Home Keep. and that includes cropsford.

Don't agree shadenhall should be the town near your guys home keeps that can be captured zos made a mistake by making cropsford one if the towns
    Options