Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

PVPers that kill people questing in towns

• bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP generally attracts a toxic and aggressive style of player. I love PVP when it's voluntary and competitive but I'm a bad PVPer because I'll go out of my way to not gank people if I can tell they aren't there to fight. Sadly few people return that favor. I was there getting skyshards the other day and some loser literally wasted 12 minutes out of their life chasing me across the map til I finally ran out of stam. Amazing.
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP generally attracts a toxic and aggressive style of player. I love PVP when it's voluntary and competitive but I'm a bad PVPer because I'll go out of my way to not gank people if I can tell they aren't there to fight. Sadly few people return that favor. I was there getting skyshards the other day and some loser literally wasted 12 minutes out of their life chasing me across the map til I finally ran out of stam. Amazing.

What utter hyperbole. Toxic behaviour and aggression i see on this forum daily and its often PvErs moaning like in this thread.

Because people are PvPing in a PvP zone does not make them toxic.

PvP crowd to me has been the most inclusive in the game unlike the trials clicky elites. And its ridiculous statements like that that give PvErs a care bear name.

I'm not one for name calling persay. Unless provoked, and this over sensitive over reaction to people playing the game how they wantin the zone intended for it is hilarious.

Sorry if you find my view 'toxic'
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the thing. You get what, 300 ap for killing me. You get that exact amount of AP for doing one of the quickie quests. So instead of sitting there killing a player every other minute and wasting their time, you could just do the quests and move on to the next set, make more ap, and not waste the other person's time.

This is a big issue with this event, the dailies in the towns are by far the quickest to do, and it's absolutely trolling to be sitting there killing people trying to farm these instead of going where actual PVP is.

Also, if your goal is AP, that's literally what battlegrounds are for.

Ummm if your goal is questing safely during the event, isn't that what PVE is for? People who love pvp are allowed to kill anyone in the pvp zone....even if you are questing. You understood the risk when you decided to enter the pvp zone. No need to make a thread about how it is bs someone killed you in a pvp zone.

Just my two cents, carry on
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KILL ON SIGHT

LEAVE NO ENEMY ALIVE

#DEALWITHIT
    This is my general feelings, as harsh as it is.

If you're in an open world PvP zone expect PvP. It's part of what makes questing in those zones exciting.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah it is not a cool move, but hey some people like to annoy others for their own amusement.

Best bet if it get's you so much, do the dailies in a non pvp zone.

But it is rather satisfying when you are in one of the towns and someone is blatantly trying to gank you and you end up killing them. :)
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
    Options
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oooh, I hadn't thought of this! I might go hang out in Bruma later, get me some tasty AP. Thanks, OP!
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
    Options
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    Too fun. Easy AP and its fun fighting in the towns
    Options
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people live a life deprived of any kind of real satisfaction. They end up waiting for hours in a bridge or in a town to gank some casual player doing a quest. Of course, cos they can't take down skilled pvp people.

I pity them, but then again, I do understand some people need this kind of gratifications in life.
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
    Options
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure I was in Vlastrus once looking for various lorebooks from the editic memory and had someone that I think was trying to do quests there thought I was trying to kill him. He could kill me and would constantly keep trying to kill me while I am lorebook hunting... guy did it before for like an hour or so before I guess he got someone to attempt to help him. Still killed his backup before others came along. By then I found the book and was riding off while seeing them chase me half way around the map. Also the one by the cart so you can figure out which one.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
    Options
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It annoys me when groups of gankers are stealthed up specifically camping turn in locations waiting to kill PvEers - seriously, that's a *** move and is a great example of why people don't like the PvP crowd and why we struggle to get people actually playing PvP - but at the same time, yeah. You definitely should expect PvP in a PvP zone.

For what it's worth, my buddies and I will sometimes take our gankers out on counter-ganking duty, so... we're not all bad, PvE friends!
    Options
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »
    No point in getting upset with PvPers doing their thing in their territory. Rather grouse at ZMax for putting PvE objectives in PvP territory.

Sorry, ZMax, but that (putting PvE objectives) in PvP-land is annoying. If we wanted to "taste" PvP, we would of our own volition.

As someone who enjoys Cyrodiil content,
    particularly since they implemented town ownership via flags

Thank you Zenimax for putting these objectives into Cyrodiil <3

Sorry to the players who do not like it,
    but if it makes you feel any better -- did not slow any of you down by running a single pledge today
    nor got myself involved with Morrowind or Wrothgar quests
    Got 90 boxes from doing crafting writs on all my characters,
    then went and enjoyed playing around with an exp buff on my most recent character

best thing to do is get boxes doing what you enjoy,
    rather than chase boxes that seem easiest
    then complain that it was not as easy as it seemed because the design of the content 'got in the way'

Hope people manage to find ways to enjoy the event either way

Eh, I was speaking in more general terms. The boxes? Don't need to go into Insta-Death Territory. Have plenty of other places to do 'em. :)

But the achievements etc. that ZMax decided needed to be in IDT...that does irk me.

Why do the achievements irk you exactly?

Personally enjoy that they put achievements in game that reward different playstyles
    everyone likes when cheevos pop

Because I don't like PvPing...or better put in my case, being someone else's "content".

I'm glad you enjoy it, and I agree it's a good thing that there is variety but I don't like ZMax trying to "tempt" me to PvP by putting achievements (fishing, etc.) in an area where I would have to learn entirely new methods, gear etc. So, I generally don't bother but I'm thisclose to Master Angler and every stinkin' time I try to get those last few fish, GANK SQUAD arrives. :/

Are you a strictly solo player then, if you do not like sharing in content with other players?
    Or do you only view PvP interactions through that lens?

Err, that's an interesting way to view this. I'm having a bit of difficulty, however, equating being ganked as "sharing". To me sharing involves consent. I suppose that could be considered as a "given" if I set foot in Cyro. As I said before, I don't blame PvPers one bit for PvPing in a PvP zone. I do blame ZMax for putting non-PvP content in a PvP zone. Floppy brought up a salient point, there's no way for someone to know whether a lone player is a sacrificial goat or just...a lone PvEr trying to get a quest done. It's when the same person keeps after you that irritates me.

I wouldn't enter Cyro if it weren't for that one bloody achievement. I'm not opposed to PvP in general, it's just not for me.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
    Options
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a PvP area, so you need to be prepared for attack, no matter what you currently do.
    Deal with it.
    Options
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    It's a PvP area, so you need to be prepared for attack, no matter what you currently do.
    Deal with it.
    Keep in mind I could be the one hosting veteran trials or the best healer in the guild, the one you need to get that no deaths hard mode run.

You are correct, it is a PVP area. But, really, is it fun to kill someone who doesn't even care fighting with you? It's just like killing critters. Well, you don't even get leather scraps.
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
    Options
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    Deal with it.

Makes total sense; a good build, decent gear etc.

I don't know about anyone else but I have not spec'd to be PvPing so, definitely not prepared. Nor do I know the area very well or how to actually counter non-AI attacks. So my foray into the area to finish up MA or get just a few more shards will not see me prepared because I don't PvP and thus don't have the knowledge, gear, spec etc. and I can't see going to those lengths to get those two fish or the last shards.

My bad, I know, but "being prepared" to PvP requires a fair good bit of effort and for a temporary foray in, well, I can't see doing the work to be prepared. So, I get smushed, easily. LOL

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
    Options
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    my issue with the quest hubs is they take people AWAY from the war effort, half your faction currently grinding in IC? and questing in the out of the way areas? your faction is now suffering outnumberitis, and that is because of people who dont want to engage in cyrodiil.

i dont want to kick the PvE out of PvP but i want it to CONTRIBUTE and not be a freeloader.

make the quests give buffs that stack, something like 2% health, damage, move speed and range up to 200% max on all NPC's in the zone (or till each one is killed) for 4-6 hours.
    allow 10 stacks of it to be "bought" with a ton of points from IC and gives the buyer some exp+small boost of score for contributing towards the war.

so now questers and grinders just suddenly became more useful and can even help cull "night capping"

now for those annoying delves that take up people yet keep their spot in cyrodiil? close them.
    put all the stuff from said delves on the outside of the door (shards, books, random boss) then make said boss (now with bigger hp pool) that randomly spawns from the no longer existing delve when killed give the buff to ALL players within 50yards so now it becomes a buff stop similar to the wells and no longer take away from the war effort.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The entitlement never ceases to amaze... Are you really asking PVPers NOT to PVP in a PVP zone?
    Options
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    The entitlement never ceases to amaze... Are you really asking PVPers NOT to PVP in a PVP zone?

Not me! I'm asking that ZMax not put PvE achievements, shards etc. in Cyro. I'm not silly enough to expect to not be ganked whilst I wield the Dreaded Fishing Pole of Martyrdom. ;)

Options
  • Delta1038
    Delta1038
    ✭✭✭
    I can imagine that this is quite annoying, as a PvE-er I would love to explore Cyrodiil and quest there, but it is the open PvP zone so I know what would happen. I hate PvP in most games, I really just do not see the appeal and think PvP mechanics are for the simple minded as it is not about skill or strategy to me but numbers. But that is just me and quite possibly just too many poor experiences with PvP-ers in other games that I do not even bother to give them the time of day any more. That being said, they have ever right to enjoy this game to their heart’s content and that is the point of cyrodiil and to that end I never go there. I stick to the PvE areas and enjoy the game my own way and ignore the pointless duel requests when the come my way. Moral of the story; to each there own.
    Xbox One NA
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not me! I'm asking that ZMax not put PvE achievements, shards etc. in Cyro. I'm not silly enough to expect to not be ganked whilst I wield the Dreaded Fishing Pole of Martyrdom. ;)

So what are PVPers supposed to do during off-peak hours (especially in less populated campaigns)? Those quests and "PVE" objectives aren't JUST there for PVEers, y'know. ;)

Options
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So what are PVPers supposed to do during off-peak hours (especially in less populated campaigns)? Those quests and "PVE" objectives aren't JUST there for PVEers, y'know. ;)

I dunno? Kill each other? :)

Look, I'm not asking for any changes from players. It's a PvP zone, PvP happens. Think of this as a rather wistful wish that ZMax would change some of the achievements, that's it. Nothing else. Forcing people to do things, especially in a game, usually results in grumpy people. I'm not even really grumpy about it. More resigned to being ganked in order to achieve a couple goals. But I'll be damned if I'll be cheerful about it. :)

Options
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't really get very much AP, the person you're killing obviously will not be geared for PVP so it's under no circumstances a fair fight, and killing them serves no purpose at all.

Why are so many people actually going to the trouble of camping quest towns and ambushing people who obviously aren't there to PVP during this event?

Wrong I get 2k AP killing those kids per kill unless they have been killed in the last few mins... the AP is great :wink:
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile, in Vlastarus
    Care_bear_stare_1.jpg
    Edited by Asardes on April 5, 2018 10:03AM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
    Options
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    LOL, might have counted wrong but there's 26 non-pvp zones in the game if you don't like pvp, please try one of those and stop complaining about the only two pvp enabled pve zones in the game
    Options
  • Surak73
    Surak73
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a pvp area. If you don't like pvp, you have all of Tamriel for questing.

Why people don't understand the apparently simple concept that there are pvp and non-pvp areas, and there is always someone who asks for doing pvp in non-pvp areas, or someone else who asks for not doing pvp in pvp areas?...
    Options
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this issue is a game design flaw in which was left over from the game’s creation. They envisioned a much different game than the one the game turned out to be in reality. The daily quest in pvp should be removed at this point. Leave the pvp in Cryoland and leave PvE in the rest of the game world. IC proved out bad of an idea it is to force Pvp onto PvE.

QHowever on the laundry list of things to fix...this isn’t anywhere close to the to though
    Edited by MyKillv2.0 on April 5, 2018 10:07AM
    Options
  • Creepsley
    Creepsley
    ✭✭✭
    no pvp'er at all but if you go to cyrodill and complain about getting pvp then its just too silly, its like going to a warzone and expecting a hippie peace festival :P
    Options
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO MERCY
    NO PITY
    NO REMORSE

BURN!THEM!ALL!
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
    Options
  • Shroudonus5735
    Well...questing in PVP but expecting no PVP experience (getting Killed or Killing) is just an unreal expectation. Plain and Simple.

This would be like a PVP player going to Vet Maw and [snip] cause getting booted from a group for not having the right gear and knowledge is crap...

just sayin.

If you go to war....expect a fight!

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on April 5, 2018 4:02PM
    Options
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it is a pvp area soo it's legit.

Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
    Options
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I never understood this complaint.

Last year's event I went to cyro on my crafter. Went to chorrol, did a quest, got ganked. Rode back did a quest got ganked, same guy.

This happened about 3 more times. He sends me a tell, aplogized and said he'd leave me alone from now on. My reply, all good. This is a PVP ZONE, and PVP will happen.

So, I guess if you go to cyro expect to pvp and don't complain when you encounter pvp.
    Options