Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

PVPers that kill people questing in towns

• MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also, the complaining makes me want to get on my nb and sit at a town.
    Options
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »
    I like how pvpers want us to take extra steps in order to do pve content in a pvp zone. Pve in pvp is always a bad idea anyways and the two should be separated completely, content and in balancing
    I doubt you'd want a PvPer to come run a vet dungeon or trail wearing their PVP gear, you've got to dress for the occasion. It goes both ways.

Options
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One more thing, cyro and battlegrounds give AP, so what is your point in that comment about bg's?
    Options
  • nuscrfunc
    nuscrfunc
    During a smallscale or raid me and my guild mate never kill a single target. But when i meet someone that is questing in Cyrodiil kill him and sitface it is a must. Yo.
    Options
  • Grendel_at_ESO
    Grendel_at_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well like they used to say in DAOC, "Someone died in an RVR zone!". Kind of hard having sympathy for people that knowingly go into a PvP zone then get mad because someone else did what they are supposed to do there. I'm not sure about here but in DAOC they offered incentives to get people to go into the Frontiers(more XP, more gold, good gear, etc.) though that game was pretty much ONLY about PvP so you really didn't need them.
    Options
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    itscompton wrote: »
    I doubt you'd want a PvPer to come run a vet dungeon or trail wearing their PVP gear, you've got to dress for the occasion. It goes both ways.

PvPers in PvE vets are so funny.

They always queue up as tank, heal and dd. The first thing they do is yell they want this or that piece of that particular set. Then they run ahead spamming the same skill all the time, doing literally 6K DPS, dying at the first trash group unless power healed.

And finally back to Cyridill, hiding for hours in a desolate place, waiting for a lone PvEr to gank and feel skilled and powerful.
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
    Options
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't really get very much AP, the person you're killing obviously will not be geared for PVP so it's under no circumstances a fair fight, and killing them serves no purpose at all.

Why are so many people actually going to the trouble of camping quest towns and ambushing people who obviously aren't there to PVP during this event?

I think the purpose is entertainment, and I would venture to say the killers are probably fairly entertained. I guess this is your first MMO, because people always love to camp low level, under geared players. Is it fair? No, but people find it fun.
    Options
  • Pixel_Zealot
    Pixel_Zealot
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not really. You're in a PVP area. It's what to be expected.
    Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?
    Options
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    klowdy1 wrote: »
    You don't really get very much AP, the person you're killing obviously will not be geared for PVP so it's under no circumstances a fair fight, and killing them serves no purpose at all.

Why are so many people actually going to the trouble of camping quest towns and ambushing people who obviously aren't there to PVP during this event?

I think the purpose is entertainment, and I would venture to say the killers are probably fairly entertained. I guess this is your first MMO, because people always love to camp low level, under geared players. Is it fair? No, but people find it fun.

That's (bolded bit) the part that truly baffles me. I'd be embarrassed to be going after targets that had utterly no chance. Wouldn't feel like a "victory" to me at all.

Different strokes, eh? :)

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
    Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Y'know, OP, Those towns are spawn points.

When, say, Bruma switches from blue to red, its a pretty good indication that DragonClaw just north of it is about to be attacked, as EP will use it as a spawn-point to re-inforce that attack (while also denying it from the defenders).

Keeping it blue is reasonably important in the RVR war - because then you can see when it flips - and know when to start watching DragonClaw.

The villages are not *just* PVE questing hubs, they are also strategic targets in the realm war and part of the PVP zone. You cannot really complain about doing PVP in a PVP zone.

If I see an enemy there, no matter what they are doing, I will attack - to remove their ability to take ownership of that village for their faction.

Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    Options
  • Vanya
    Vanya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poor people, Poor pixels. Dreadful tale indeed. Hold me! My pixels are bleeding!! Surprised to witness the continuation of the thread. A person got attacked! Ruffians! Punish! They even died! A death within pixel world. Speechless.
    Edited by Vanya on April 5, 2018 10:45AM
    Options
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vanya wrote: »
    Poor people, Poor pixels. Dreadful tale indeed. Hold me! My pixels are bleeding!! Surprised to witness the continuation of the thread. A person got attacked! Ruffians! Punish! They even died! A death within pixel world. Speechless.

Feh! Enough of that sort of rhetoric or I shall thump you mightily, once, with my fishing pole as I fall into a dirt nap. ;)

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
    Options
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @jaschacasadiob16_ESO pvp'rs unskilled and hiding to gank pvers?
    How many times were you killed by one of these "unskilled" players?
    Options
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    @jaschacasadiob16_ESO pvp'rs unskilled and hiding to gank pvers?
    How many times were you killed by one of these "unskilled" players?

LOL...I'm sorry but that made me laugh. Serious question, how'm I supposed to know how skilled someone is when I'm staring at a death recap screen. I'm woefully ignorant, I know and wonder if I'm missing something in being able to tell.

Options
  • Shroudonus5735

They always queue up as tank, heal and dd. The first thing they do is yell they want this or that piece of that particular set. Then they run ahead spamming the same skill all the time, doing literally 6K DPS, dying at the first trash group unless power healed.

And finally back to Cyridill, hiding for hours in a desolate place, waiting for a lone PvEr to gank and feel skilled and powerful.

I am absolutely sure that those folks exist. Just like the original poster here exists to defy logic. For me, I live in PVP on one toon and run Trials daily on other toons. The overall point being..if a person wants to run content, whether PVE or PVP they should prepare for the content they are going to run. Failure to prepare on their part should not constitute a change on our parts.
    Options
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Baranthus wrote: »
    6 pages of people trying to explain that it's a PvP zone.....and they still don't get it.

Hmmm, might be time to try the finger paint and see if that explains it better.

Pffft. I get it. I just wish I didn't have to go into a PvP zone to finish achievements. My grumpiness is at ZMax, not PvPers (doing their thing in their zone).

No lumping everyone into the same group for you!

Options
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I am absolutely sure that those folks exist. Just like the original poster here exists to defy logic. For me, I live in PVP on one toon and run Trials daily on other toons. The overall point being..if a person wants to run content, whether PVE or PVP they should prepare for the content they are going to run. Failure to prepare on their part should not constitute a change on our parts.

I agree (prepare for the content, it's only sensible) BUT for catching, what, 12 fish or snagging those last skyshards? I think it's a bit much to then need to gear up, possibly respec and learn the ropes for those. I consider the MA goals and (sorta) skyshards etc. to be a design flaw on ZMax's part.

Options
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not really much of a PvPer, but its hilarious to quest in towns and have someone try to kill you only for you to kill them in your PvE set up. Done it countless times on many different classes and styles. Just cause you are a PvEer doesnt mean you are helpless, as well in a PvP zone you got to always stay on your toes. Kill on Sight.
    Options
  • knaveofengland
    knaveofengland
    ✭✭✭
    in the first place if you are in pvp lala land , then other players will kill you period thats whats the area has been set up for , so you will have to expect you are the easy kill that 99.99% of all players would make a bee line for you .

perhaps join a pvp guild that will make your live a lot easier to help with quests/shards etc, but and i say but pvp guilds are there for pvp lala land .

in this case you really need to have your guild and quite a few mates come and help you , or you going to be killed every time and will have to adjust .
    Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    in the first place if you are in pvp lala land , then other players will kill you period thats whats the area has been set up for , so you will have to expect you are the easy kill that 99.99% of all players would make a bee line for you .

perhaps join a pvp guild that will make your live a lot easier to help with quests/shards etc, but and i say but pvp guilds are there for pvp lala land .

in this case you really need to have your guild and quite a few mates come and help you , or you going to be killed every time and will have to adjust .

And just how do the PVPers know that he's an easy-kill? People don't make bee-lines for PVE-ers because people don't know if the guy they see is a PVE-er or not. We're not psychic y'know!

People simply make a bee-line for enemies. It isn't any kind of PVE-er victimisation - it is simply playing the game as it's intended in that zone.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    Options
  • PhantomOcelot
    PhantomOcelot
    ✭✭✭
    When you enter a PvP zone you better be ready to fight. Or die. Or run away. If you dont want to do PvP than DONT GO INTO A PVP ZONE.
    @PhantomOcelot
    PC EU
    CP 1000+

Options
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hah! I just had a thought (I know, cherish it). ZMax should put "temporary immunity scrolls" up for sale on the Crown Store! They'd make a good bit of money from that, PvEers could do their thing. And by temporary I mean, maybe an hour and make it costly.

Semi-serious. I fully expect to be ForumGanked for this and have put up my shields and donned my asbestos undies.

Have at thee!

Options
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    What's the IRL equivalent of ESO AP? :D
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    What's the IRL equivalent of ESO AP? :D

Money or tears
    Options
  • Mickydanz
    Mickydanz
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think its PVP'ers looking for easy AP, It is more about clearing the towns so we don't get back doored.
    Cropsford Mayor
    Options
  • JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvP happened in a PvP area.
    Options
  • Syncronaut
    Syncronaut
    ✭✭✭
    This reminds me:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90_6s6AwcgA

I gota make a new costume before i go to cyro to gank again today.

Options
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    People that camp towns in stealth (near the quest givers) are scumbags.

But if I’m passing through a town, any banana or blueberry is fair game.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
    Options
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PvE'ers questing in a PvP zone with no interest whatsoever in engaging in PvP are scumbags, period.

^ about as valid as the thread title is.

EDITed to reflect the part of the original thread title that has been removed by mods.
    Edited by Leandor on April 5, 2018 1:52PM
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree (prepare for the content, it's only sensible) BUT for catching, what, 12 fish or snagging those last skyshards? I think it's a bit much to then need to gear up, possibly respec and learn the ropes for those. I consider the MA goals and (sorta) skyshards etc. to be a design flaw on ZMax's part.

If all you want from the PvP zone is 12 fish and a couple of skyshards, then you don't really need to prepare. Sure, you might die a couple of times but why does that matter? It's not like dying costs you anything bigger than a couple of minutes of your time at worst. Just go back and get your fish. If the place is camped, go make yourself a sandwich or something and come back later. Cyrodiil does not have enough population to have every spot camped 24/7.
    Options
  • Madhojo
    Madhojo
    ✭✭✭
    Yes because a level 50 vs a level 720 is oh so fair and balanced... (that's sarcasm btw)

I agree with OP on this one. Why? Because it's always a 500+ player ganking a far lower level player. Always.

Now if PVP in ESO was like Battlefield then I wouldn't have an issue (ie: I have the same chance to kill someone as that person has of killing me) but it isn't. Unfortunately, the PVP in ESO is so insanely unbalanced it's not even funny, which is why I agree with OP on this.

Plus these gankers are players who do not want to fight people on an equal level nor do they want to fight someone who has a chance of killing them and they run as soon as a group or someone of their level comes after them. They are cowards.
    Options