The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

PVPers that kill people questing in towns

Dapper Dinosaur
Dapper Dinosaur
✭✭✭✭✭
You don't really get very much AP, the person you're killing obviously will not be geared for PVP so it's under no circumstances a fair fight, and killing them serves no purpose at all.

Why are so many people actually going to the trouble of camping quest towns and ambushing people who obviously aren't there to PVP during this event?

[Edit to remove bait from title]
Edited by ZOS_MattL on April 5, 2018 1:25PM
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s fun!
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really is hehe
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KILL ON SIGHT

LEAVE NO ENEMY ALIVE

#DEALWITHIT
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s like crushing bugs because they can’t do anything back
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well you can’t get ambushed doing writs, maybe being an easy reward option it’s risk/award?
  • Nova Sky
    Nova Sky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zParallaxz wrote: »
    It’s like crushing bugs because they can’t do anything back

Hmm. Well, until the "bugs" come back in full PvP setup mode with vengeance on their minds and lead a horde against the demonic monsters who killed them in the first place. In other words, just another day in Cyrodiil. ;)
    "Wheresoever you go, go with all of your heart."
  • AddictionX
    AddictionX
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are shinobi. Rouge ninja's. With a crappy facemask and usually always with a bow.

Don't worry about trying to kill one it'll disappear when you turn the tables on it and keep repeating that till you run out of resources. In this game the guy worbel goes out of his way to purposefully put you at a every disadvantage to be able to come out on top.

Solution: Build a cancer tank, and bathe yourself in their tears :) they're especially salty in these forums when you create a gank-spanker!
    Edited by AddictionX on April 5, 2018 2:22AM
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go on a guest campaign
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • VilniusNastavnik
    VilniusNastavnik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go during off peak in shor. Almost no one there at 10pm australian time.
    Active Toons:
    NA - VilniusNastavnik - Magsorc DPS - Altmer
    NA - Ko'h Nehko'h - Stamblade Archer - Khajit
    NA - Arwyn Winterlight - MagPlar Healer - Breton
    NA - Urog Blackfang - DK Tank - Orc
    NA - Elen Windsong - Stamsorc DPS - Bosmer
    NA - Eats-Strange-Fungus - Magden HealzTank- Argonian
    NA - Harwyn Northwind - MagWarden DPS - High Elf
    NA - Raises-Many-Families - Necro HealzTank - Argonian

Picture of my Active Toons.

Obligatory ESO Fashion website plug: Vil's Portfolio
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pvpers generally don't care about sending you back on horse simulator if theres a few hundred worth of ap on you, its even worse when its a city that's far away from your base. I wouldn't mind if the wayshrine was nearby but horse simulator is not good gameplay
    Edited by Aliyavana on April 5, 2018 2:25AM
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "People shouldn't be allowed to PVP in a the PVP area"

If you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a pvp zone. PvP folks have all the right to stop people from pouring into pvp zone to grind quests and make a long queuing for those who actually want to go there to pvp.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You don't really get very much AP, the person you're killing obviously will not be geared for PVP so it's under no circumstances a fair fight, and killing them serves no purpose at all.

Why are so many people actually going to the trouble of camping quest towns and ambushing people who obviously aren't there to PVP during this event?

Because that's all they have going for them in game, and maybe in life. :D
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I find that people who specifically hunt questers are afraid of real PvP and only after easy AP. Not much you can do about it, either learn to fight back (these guys aren’t generally that good at PvP anyway), come back at off peak times, switch campaigns or simply leave.
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a pvp zone. PvP folks have all the right to stop people from pouring into pvp zone to grind quests and make a long queuing for those who actually want to go there to pvp.
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, keep those pve'ers out of pvp zones. Keep those zone separate! It might be different if pvp'ers could pvp whenever and wherever they want in any of the pve zones to duel and annoy the heck out of other pve'ers in the area. Oh, wait a minute ...
    Edited by Maryal on April 5, 2018 2:32AM
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »

Because that's all they have going for them in game, and maybe in life. :D

extra-salty-restaurant-vector.jpg
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP zone. Those dailies are pathetically easy because of the added threat of PVP. Seriously, its like "go here, fight three NPCs, get the thing, ride back."
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny that you say there's no ap in it

Did 3 full towns and some of bruma and chorrol yesterday with my wife and we both got 60k ap from killing players. We weren't camping, just killing them when we saw them

So yeah, if you're questing in Cyro like we are, be prepared to fight, cause we're coming for that juicy AP
  • catalyst10e
    catalyst10e
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a PVPer, its kill or be killed. Plenty of times I've left questers alive only to find myself in a 1v3 scenario that could have been 3 1v1s if I had just been a "scumbag". Here's some tips to help out tho.

If you're in a town that can be captured, don't flag it. Everyone on the map sees its flagged and it'll just bring the enemy to you.

Try not to quest alone. Bring a friend or guildmates. Numbers can help, they don't guarantee victory but it helps.

You're going to die, get used to it. It happens. Welcome to our world. You're a guest here so as they say "when in Rome do as the Romans do". I suck at trials but I at least try to get some PVE gear and skills and try to pull my weight, learning the mechanics as I go. It just comes with the territory.

Finally, as a general rule.. To quote a great wizard "travel onky by day and stay off the main roads." Between 2 keeps of different colors are hot spots. Avoid them if you can.
    "Why settle for just stabbing your foes when you can roast them alive in a gout of arcane fire?"
    [| DC Breton Sorcerer || NA PS4 || PSN: Catalyst10e |]
    [| DC Dunmer Dragon Knight |]
  • kylerjalen
    kylerjalen
    ✭✭✭
    Don't get me wrong, I hate people griefing for AP as much as the next person when I'm trying to do Cyro/IC quests but... it IS a PvP zone. Does it suck to have to ride to your destination again? Does it suck to lose any excess telvar you are carrying? Yup. But its to be expected.
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did that today actually but for the primary purpose of getting our scroll back from Drakelowe; They kept coming and I kept killing.
    Edited by MaxwellC on April 5, 2018 3:16AM
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP zone. Those dailies are pathetically easy because of the added threat of PVP. Seriously, its like "go here, fight three NPCs, get the thing, ride back."

Their rewards are also pathetically bad, so exposing yourself to the threat of PvP is not worth it.
  • kylerjalen
    kylerjalen
    ✭✭✭
    Don't get me wrong, I hate people griefing for AP as much as the next person when I'm trying to do Cyro/IC quests but... it IS a PvP zone. Does it suck to have to ride to your destination again? Does it suck to lose any excess telvar you are carrying? Yup. But its to be expected.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What's the IRL equivalent of ESO AP? :D
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    killing enemies in PvP area / world / town ect ect is what i payed real life money for, and why i play in a PvP area, if i see an enemy, i fight them.
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the thing. You get what, 300 ap for killing me. You get that exact amount of AP for doing one of the quickie quests. So instead of sitting there killing a player every other minute and wasting their time, you could just do the quests and move on to the next set, make more ap, and not waste the other person's time.

This is a big issue with this event, the dailies in the towns are by far the quickest to do, and it's absolutely trolling to be sitting there killing people trying to farm these instead of going where actual PVP is.

Also, if your goal is AP, that's literally what battlegrounds are for.
    Edited by Dapper Dinosaur on April 5, 2018 2:52AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the thing. You get what, 300 ap for killing me. You get that exact amount of AP for doing one of the quickie quests. So instead of sitting there killing a player every other minute and wasting their time, you could just do the quests and move on to the next set, make more ap, and not waste the other person's time.

This is a big issue with this event, the dailies in the towns are by far the quickest to do, and it's absolutely trolling to be sitting there killing people trying to farm these instead of going where actual PVP is.

Also, if your goal is AP, that's literally what battlegrounds are for.

Or you could do the quickie quest, kill the other player, and make double the AP, yeah?
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're easy targets. That's why.

Solo and poorly built, getting some AP from turning in each quest, you're a nice spigot of AP.

Get a group together, make a Quest running Group in Zone chat, be proactive about deterring gankers.

Generally, the more HP and the more Players near you you have, the less likely you are to be ganked or even considered to be a target.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want quick and easy PVE dailies, get people to share the Undaunted delves dailies. No risk of PVP there.