Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

PVPers that kill people questing in towns

• IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OK after spending an afternoon visiting these towns and leveling up lowbie character, it turns out this week is truly a time of peace and goodwill, harmony and friendship in Cyrodiil.

I was quite surprised to see most players in these towns interacting in a friendly way with the other factions, even most top alliance rank players. Only a few were trying to gank questers, and occasional zerg groups would roll through and flip flags on their way to some objective.

Overall there were a lot of fun small battles and some of the most fun I've had in these towns since launch! I adopted a policy of not attacking until being attacked first, and it seemed most others had similar approach.
    Options
  • incognito222
    incognito222
    ✭✭✭
    Happily doing dailies in Vivec as AD, finds Vlastarus and Cropsford in enemy hands (as usual). More often than not I get attacked and killed but hey, its a PVP zone so nothing surprising there.

Decided to return the favor, travelled to Cheydinhaal and ganked some EP as a persistent EP presence were camping and killing AD at Cropsford most of the time I was online. Got some serious hate whispers and far from polite curses from a few players for killing them in Cheydinhaal. Apologised and mentioned that EP players were doing the same near AD territory camping towns zerging down AD questers.

One EP player even insisted that Vivec is not a PVP setting when I apologised for killing him in a PVP zone. Decided to not target him and let him finish his dailies as a gesture of goodwill.

Interestingly enough, the so called PVE players I encountered were cool when they are on their own, but when they had superior numbers I got zerged down hard by these same players.

End of the day, it matters little what people say, PVP will be PVP and those not being able to accept the consequences of being killed in a PVP zone should think twice about entering it in the first place.

@IcyDeadPeople, been awhile my friend, hope you’ve been well? (Praetor).

* Playing from Indonesia *
    Options
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheydinhaal is not the same as Cropsford. I don't PVP and even I know this. In Cropsford, if it's in enemy hands, the flag guardians won't let you access either questgiver and it's supposedly a fairly important respawning zone.

By going and ganking in Cheydinhaal, which serves no PVP purpose, you were definitely worse.
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheydinhaal is not the same as Cropsford. I don't PVP and even I know this. In Cropsford, if it's in enemy hands, the flag guardians won't let you access either questgiver and it's supposedly a fairly important respawning zone.

By going and ganking in Cheydinhaal, which serves no PVP purpose, you were definitely worse.

Its in a PVP zone and there are players there, that's purpose enough. Or else, the next time I get ganked out in the middle of nowhere, I'm going to whine about "There was no PVP purpose to this Columbine! I just stopped to pick it up!"

Or, I won't. Because its a PVP zone, and I just lost a bout of Player vs Player. Not a big deal.
    Options
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If you are trying to do the quest, those flag NPCs in Cropsford and Vlastarus can be briefly distracted by your friend so you can open the door.
    @IcyDeadPeople, been awhile my friend, hope you’ve been well? (Praetor).

hi incog baik baik, terima kasih! lot of fun in Legend back in the day, glad to see you are still playing ESO
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on April 8, 2018 5:03PM
    Options
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its in a PVP zone and there are players there, that's purpose enough. Or else, the next time I get ganked out in the middle of nowhere, I'm going to whine about "There was no PVP purpose to this Columbine! I just stopped to pick it up!"

Or, I won't. Because its a PVP zone, and I just lost a bout of Player vs Player. Not a big deal.

It's a big deal when someone ganks in Cheydinhaal during this event because it both wastes the time of the person that OBVIOUSLY doesn't want to PVP, and because doing so gains you nothing. "But AP" they say. DO you know how much more AP you could be getting if you would stop being a jerk and went to where actual PVP was happening?

The lost time from being ganked adds up to hours very very quickly when a single one can take me 10 minutes to return from.
    Edited by Dapper Dinosaur on April 8, 2018 4:51PM
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a big deal when someone ganks in Cheydinhaal during this event because it both wastes the time of the person that OBVIOUSLY doesn't want to PVP, and because doing so gains you nothing. "But AP" they say. DO you know how much more AP you could be getting if you would stop being a jerk and went to where actual PVP was happening?

The lost time from being ganked adds up to hours very very quickly when a single one can take me 10 minutes to return from.

Sorry, there's no "obvious" way to not want to PVP in my experience. Not even fishing.

Actually, there is. Don't go to a PVP zone.

Like, I'm sorry it wastes your time when you don't want to PVP in a PVP zone and the inevitable happens, but its the inevitable. In my experience going from a pure-PVE player to a regular PVP player, PVP gets a lot more fun and less time-wasting when you prepare for PVP in a PVP zone.

Failing to prepare is preparing to fail - true in PVE and PVP content alike.
    Options
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there something about "Cheydinhaal serves no PVP purpose" that you are not understanding? People that go there specifically to kill players are going out of their way to kill people that have no interest in PVPing instead of going to where the actual PVP is. It is being a jerk, PERIOD.

I can give you Cropsford, because people have to kill the flag guardians to access the questgivers and I can see why that is grounds to kill, but when someone is taking special care to navigate between Bruma's quest buildings without entering combat with the flag guardians, it should be obvious that they have no interest in affecting the PVP.
    Edited by Dapper Dinosaur on April 8, 2018 7:24PM
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ is there something about PvP that you don't understand?

Player Vs Player.

A person going out of their way to wait in a town for someone to turn up so they can PvP them, is PvP.......

Man the entitlement is rife about this. It's simple, the lure of 50 'easy' boxes is creating greed. The balance to the easy 50 is that its in PvP. Spot on ZOS.

If the lazy so and sos had planned ahead, got a PvP setup. And a organized group none of this would happen. but nope folks are greedy and entitled

To be honest this thread has the same relevance as me moaning I cant PvP to turn the 6 easy writs in per toon its outrageous i cant PvP there to win in a crafting zone.

Oh and vMA needs a nerf as I cant run impen in there and Soul Assault my way to a win.
    Edited by Beardimus on April 8, 2018 7:35PM
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there something about "Cheydinhaal serves no PVP purpose" that you are not understanding? People that go there specifically to kill players are going out of their way to kill people that have no interest in PVPing instead of going to where the actual PVP is. It is being a jerk, PERIOD.

I can give you Cropsford, because people have to kill the flag guardians to access the questgivers and I can see why that is grounds to kill, but when someone is taking special care to navigate between Bruma's quest buildings without entering combat with the flag guardians, it should be obvious that they have no interest in affecting the PVP.

Are there players there? Its a player vs player zone. PVP happens in the delves, towns, middle of nowhere, shores of Lake Rumare, any where there are players.

There doesn't have to be a PVP objective anywhere in sight. Its a Player versus Player zone.

You know what this reminds me of? Battlegrounds players complaining about teammates who treat every match like a Deathmatch.

You want the PVP players to go focus on the objectives. Capturing keeps, resources, flagged towns, more experienced PVPers (like there aren't some experienced PVPers doing the quests). Some of those PVP players want to treat this like a Deathmatch and go kill other players. Its a PVP zone, and unlike Battlegrounds, Cyrodiil doesn't have game modes. AP farming players doing town quests is as valid as tower farming as taking keeps.
    Options
  • ajwest927
    ajwest927
    ✭✭✭
    Those who do pve quest in a pvp zone knows the risk
    Options
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol the crying is awful. I'm mainly PvE, but i PvP enough to know my way around. This week, im pure questing though for boxes. Do i die sometimes? Sure. Are there jerks camping turn in points? yes.

Is it still the fastest way to get dailles done? Absolutely. Have i come across some enemies who are friendly like me? For sure. I took a boss down and the three of us were all seperate faction working together.

I also didn't spec for PvP so im weaker and not looking to battle. That's on me. I spec for speed because ill likely be killed even in good gear and its better i can fly around and recover if i do die.

Good or bad, its how the game is played. I chose to mitigate it in my own way. Kind of like the old prosperous versus impenetrable argument when grinding. To each their own.
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
    Options
  • cbaudersub17_ESO
    cbaudersub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The only jerk PvP kill is on someone who is fishing. It says so in the original game manual. Even then, this fisher-person could relay enemy movements to his faction. That makes them a spy of sorts. Consequently, the original game manual allows for kill or let-go discretion.

For anyone labeling killing an enemy faction player ANYWHERE in a PvP zone as 'griefing' or similar, you are simply and idiot and deserved to game-die. If you immediately come back, any season-PvP'er will gladly show you the error of your ways. These types of lessons are free.

This event rings a Cyrodiil dinner bell. It make other parts of the map PvP-relevant. Is it a waste of time? NO. Why? Well:
    (1) AP is the cherry on top for killing you. It's more fun to see how much share you get or what you were worth in general.
    (2) O-tick and D-ticks, but see 1.
    (3) Away from war objectives, see 1.
    (4) Receiving hate tells and winning this little battle. Frenemy is a real thing. In Beta, Zos actually tried to reward the winner of this little fight.

The time spent here whining on the forums rather than accepting cold-hard facts about PvP, you could have done all the writs on an existing character and leveled a new character to level 6 to start on another round of writs. There are many things broke about Cyrodiil. Killing people trying to PvE is not one of them.

I wish maintenance would end so that I can go cull the herd.
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Going to these places, always expect to engage or be engaged.

The status quo when you see another Alliance member is to block and stay neutral - if you both see that you're both there for the quests, and not for combat, stay neutral and move on.

Now if you engage first, all bets are off.

Expect to have a hint of danger in these areas and be aware (it's half the draw of being in Cyro, especially solo, right?) - have your camera oriented so you can see, and don't expect to listen to every quest voiceover if you plan to stay upright. Doesn't hurt to drop an AoE or two near entry points to give some advance warning.

On a side note though, gankers camping quest givers are about the lowest form of PvP you can find. It's one step up from regular gankers which are one step up from Xv1's that will engage the same way. If you are engaging someone, PvE'er or otherwise, do it head on. Game isn't smart enough to automatically disengage you from the quest giver if you get attacked, and by the time you see the second pulse of red on the outer edge of your screen, it's probably already over.

If you want a fight, then offer a fighting chance. Don't be so scared they might actually hit back to go about it this way.

Is it still fair game? Technically, yes. Is it still lame af? Absolutely.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    ^ is there something about PvP that you don't understand?

Player Vs Player.

A person going out of their way to wait in a town for someone to turn up so they can PvP them, is PvP.......

Man the entitlement is rife about this. It's simple, the lure of 50 'easy' boxes is creating greed. The balance to the easy 50 is that its in PvP. Spot on ZOS.

If the lazy so and sos had planned ahead, got a PvP setup. And a organized group none of this would happen. but nope folks are greedy and entitled

To be honest this thread has the same relevance as me moaning I cant PvP to turn the 6 easy writs in per toon its outrageous i cant PvP there to win in a crafting zone.

Oh and vMA needs a nerf as I cant run impen in there and Soul Assault my way to a win.
    You don't need to much more organized than an dolmen zerg, have an rolling daily group, this makes fighting gankers easy, and you see each other for rez if it fails., better make it an guild event
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • jroc699_burr
    jroc699_burr
    ✭✭
    I will kill every color that is not mine in pvp where ever i want dont come to pvp not prepared to get messed up period i dont care if your just questiing go back to pve and quest there
    Options
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you are simply and idiot

#potmeetkettle
    Edited by Dapper Dinosaur on April 9, 2018 4:12PM
    Options
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I will kill every color that is not mine in pvp where ever i want dont come to pvp not prepared to get messed up period i dont care if your just questiing go back to pve and quest there

Love to, except ZMax decided to put some non-PvP quests in Cyro. If they'd change/fix that, then I'd have noooooo problem not "getting messed up". ;)

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Love to, except ZMax decided to put some non-PvP quests in Cyro. If they'd change/fix that, then I'd have noooooo problem not "getting messed up". ;)

There's no such thing as a non-pvp quest in cyro.

Sure, some quests may not require you to kill players or cap objectives. But their difficulty, and their rewards, are still balanced around the fact that the enemy players are a constant threat and provide additional layer of challenge.

Some of them are so easy and fast that you can complete them in 30 second, but you still receive a standard daily reward, same as a quest in PvE zone that might take up to 30 minutes to complete. The possibility of PvP death is the balancing factor.
    Edited by Sharee on April 9, 2018 4:45PM
    Options
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the entire damn point, Sharee. If someone is obviously trying to leave everyone else alone and not have any kind of effect on resources/goals, it is extremely jerkish to make them waste their time running away from/fighting you or getting blown up and having to take another 5-10 minutes (depending on mount speed) to travel back and continue. What did you gain by doing that? 1/12th the AP you could have done a 10-minute battleground match for? Some kind of PVP thrill by picking on the little guy that let you get the first 1-5 shots? Good job I guess?
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the entire damn point, Sharee. If someone is obviously trying to leave everyone else alone and not have any kind of effect on resources/goals, it is extremely jerkish to make them waste their time running away from/fighting you or getting blown up and having to take another 5-10 minutes (depending on mount speed) to travel back and continue. What did you gain by doing that? 1/12th the AP you could have done a 10-minute battleground match for? Some kind of PVP thrill by picking on the little guy that let you get the first 1-5 shots? Good job I guess?

The ease of those PVP quests is balanced by the possibility that some enemy player will blow you up and now you have to ride 5 to 10 minutes to travel back and continue, yeah.

We get it. You want the rewards of easy dailies in a PVP zone with none of the risks of doing dailies in PVP zone, despite the fact that those quests are only easy because of the risk of PVP. If they were PVE only, they'd be far closer in difficulty to the Undaunted daily, which you know, you could do and not face the risk of PVP at all.
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The entire point is that you are supposed to be attacked and possibly killed in cyrodiil. That's why the quests themselves are so fast and easy $$.

The guy that you call "jerk" is doing exactly what ZOS intended him to do: provide substitute challenge for the quest. And you are supposed to overcome this challenge the same way you are in PvE zones: become a better player, or ask for help. Not complain that the monster guarding your quest reward is too powerful.
    Options
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

There's no such thing as a non-pvp quest in cyro.

Sure, some quests may not require you to kill players or cap objectives. But their difficulty, and their rewards, are still balanced around the fact that the enemy players are a constant threat and provide additional layer of challenge.

Some of them are so easy and fast that you can complete them in 30 second, but you still receive a standard daily reward, same as a quest in PvE zone that might take up to 30 minutes to complete. The possibility of PvP death is the balancing factor.

I'm well aware of that, it was kind of my point. ZMax putting, for example, the MA quest in Cyro after how many hours and zones of non-PvP. It's simply a ploy to get people into Cyro and I'm not best pleased with that.

I have utterly no interest in PvP but I would like to finish off MA. I don't care about the other achievements in there.

Edit for accuracy.
    Edited by DieAlteHexe on April 9, 2018 5:04PM

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
    Options
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know how many times I can reiterate this: Instead of going out of your way to inconvenience someone else for practically no gain (and certainly no challenge or self-betterment), you could just...I don't know....not?

Killing people in a non-capturable town with no PVP goals or advantage gained for doing so is the same as someone that's very good at a fighting game joining a lobby full of new players on purpose just to pick on them. It's scummy, doesn't get the perpetrator anything except a cheap laugh, and ruins the fun of the other players.
    Edited by Dapper Dinosaur on April 9, 2018 5:04PM
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Primetime or with decent population, towns are fair game for PvP. But anyone who comes to Bruma off hours on Shor PC/NA to Xv1 or XvPvEr is getting tbagged. And so far the bagging has been good. I especially like all the players who come and talk trash after Xv1s and then get soundly thrashed a few times when the fights even. Makes the bagging all that much better. B)
    Options
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The ease of those PVP quests is balanced by the possibility that some enemy player will blow you up and now you have to ride 5 to 10 minutes to travel back and continue, yeah.

We get it. You want the rewards of easy dailies in a PVP zone with none of the risks of doing dailies in PVP zone, despite the fact that those quests are only easy because of the risk of PVP. If they were PVE only, they'd be far closer in difficulty to the Undaunted daily, which you know, you could do and not face the risk of PVP at all.

Meh, I couldn't care less about Cyro dailies. I just want to finish up an achievement line from outside of Cyro. I agree that if there are dailies that originate IN Cyro, well, they should fit the Cyro ruleset. No argument there at all.

Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know how many times I can reiterate this: Instead of going out of your way to inconvenience someone else for practically no gain (and certainly no challenge or self-betterment), you could just...I don't know....not?

Killing people in a non-capturable town with no PVP goals or advantage gained for doing so is the same as someone that's very good at a fighting game joining a lobby full of new players on purpose just to pick on them. It's scummy, doesn't get the perpetrator anything except a cheap laugh, and ruins the fun of the other players.

Why don't you complain that you do not receive world boss loot without first having to face him?

Because he, too, could just... i don't know... not attack you?

Stop focusing on what the other player gets from killing you(or doesn't). That's entirely besides the point. What does the world boss get out of killing you?
    The point is, you want a reward, for a quest, in a PvP zone. And this guy is there to provide the "monster", the challenge, that you need to overcome to get the reward.
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Meh, I couldn't care less about Cyro dailies. I just want to finish up an achievement line from outside of Cyro. I agree that if there are dailies that originate IN Cyro, well, they should fit the Cyro ruleset. No argument there at all.

Anyway you put it - if ZOS placed fishing spots in Cydoriil, they purposely made PvP a part of the achievement. Its not like they forgot players could get attacked by other players while fishing.
    Options
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't really get very much AP, the person you're killing obviously will not be geared for PVP so it's under no circumstances a fair fight, and killing them serves no purpose at all.

Why are so many people actually going to the trouble of camping quest towns and ambushing people who obviously aren't there to PVP during this event?

[Edit to remove bait from title]

because it is fun! first time at least. second time if they don't fight back... no fun. those I just go somewhere else.
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
    Options
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

Anyway you put it - if ZOS placed fishing spots in Cydoriil, they purposely made PvP a part of the achievement. Its not like they forgot players could get attacked by other players while fishing.

Again, I'm aware of that. :)

My beef is with ZMax trying to nudge PvEers into Cyro. I think that stinks since if I wanted to PvP, I could do so at any time. I don't care to be shoved into content I am uninterested in.

Options