The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• Tashira_Ronin
    Tashira_Ronin
    ✭✭✭
    To Warlord Ice-Heart, part of the orsinium quest , did not count when i did that quest at its launch. Does anyone know if i group with some one doing the quest anew if i will be able to see it for it to count?
    NA/PC/DC - played since beta
    Options
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zinaroth wrote: »
    *snip*

Still no word on the following two though, which have also been bugged since launch:

Eidetic Memory Lorebook: Practical Necromancy
    Not achieveable after having completed the quest "A Walk Above the Clouds" in The Rift. Supposed to be on/near the body of a cultist named Nordahl, at the first bonfire after having scaled the ladder leading up to Forelhost. All other lorebooks associated with this quest has been placed at the bottom of the ladder but it seems this one was left out.

*snip*

@Zinaroth Practical Necromancy is a fairly common occurrence in Stormhaven bookshelves. As in, I've been finding it multiple times a day while running through that zone the past few weeks across multiple characters. Try the Wayrest Mages Guild Hall, Norvulk Ruins, or the library in the basement of Alcaire Keep at Alcaire Castle (accessible if you have completed the quest Army at the Gates). They have a good number of available bookshelves.
    Edited by nudel on March 26, 2018 11:47AM
    Options
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nudel wrote: »
    Carbonised wrote: »
    These are the final five I'm missing. I've double checked yesterday, and they are still unobtainable to me. Any confirmation/workaround/tips would be appreciated. If they truly are not obtainable, we should work on ZOS to make them change these to readable with a future patch.

42rskgf2ebss.png

"Letter to Egranor" is supposed to be found at this location in Auridon, most likely associated with the quest on that location. However, after the quest is done, the note is no longer found anywhere.

*snip*

@Carbonised Letter to Egranor is indeed in Quendeluun, but underground. There will be an Ayleid door named North Ruins. It is not marked on the map, but should be not too far from the book's marker. The book is on a desk beside the crystal brazier within.
    Map (Auridon): 61.67×30.37

Yeah I found it, thanks. And managed to find all the Eidetic Memory books, finally. Longest wait is over.
    Options
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MRusso89 wrote: »
    *snip*
    Research Notes:

Adainaz’s Journal (Deshaan, Darkshade Caverns
    II? Unable to find after few runs)
    *snip*

@MRusso89 Adainaz's Journal is indeed in Darkshade Caverns II. When you go through the door marked Rkugamz, there is a small passage outside the Engine Guardian's chamber. Basically tell your group to be patient or look for it afterwards as the door will lock you out of the fight if they initiate while you're still in that passage. There is a skeleton amid the rubble and the journal will be beside him.

Map (Darkshade Caverns): 45.07×21.34
    Options
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    nudel wrote: »
    *snip*
    Research Notes:

Adainaz’s Journal (Deshaan, Darkshade Caverns
    II? Unable to find after few runs)
    *snip*

@MRusso89 Adainaz's Journal is indeed in Darkshade Caverns II. When you go through the door marked Rkugamz, there is a small passage outside the Engine Guardian's chamber. Basically tell your group to be patient or look for it afterwards as the door will lock you out of the fight if they initiate while you're still in that passage. There is a skeleton amid the rubble and the journal will be beside him.

Map (Darkshade Caverns): 45.07×21.34

Thanks!
    Hermaeus Mora, elder than Ada, Abyssal Cephaliarch, hearken to the plea of this unworthy, for I have come to barter for knowledge denied.
    excerpt from Fragmentae Abyssum Hermaeus Morus
    Options
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just found Glorious Upheaval in SHOR PvP campaign inside Temple Rectory PC/EU in case any1 needs 1 more to go :D
    Edited by xenowarrior92eb17_ESO on March 26, 2018 2:05PM
    Options
  • kyria.paganb16_ESO
    kyria.paganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I just found Glorious Upheaval in SHOR PvP campaign inside Temple Rectory PC/EU in case any1 needs 1 more to go :D

Awesome - thank you! Did you happen to snap a screenie for the minimap/location? (Or if someone can point me in the right direction on the map.)

UPDATE: Found it! Thank you so much! The book is upstairs in one of the top bookshelves. Screenies:

5EhGc0p.png
    SX8ARQi.png
    CEkTFtv.png
    Edited by kyria.paganb16_ESO on March 26, 2018 3:22PM
    [EU PC]
    Options
  • kyria.paganb16_ESO
    kyria.paganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking for the unsigned version of the Tome of the Undaunted. I have Tome of the Undaunted (Signed) and haven't been able to find an unsigned version of this lorebook to read after finishing the Undaunted intro quest. I submitted a ticket and did a lot of online research to no effect. Anyone know where this lorebook is located post-Undaunted quest?

I am also looking for this, so if you manage to locate it - please let me know! I reported this + 2 other books as bugged yesterday in hopes they will turn up.
    [EU PC]
    Options
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know where the following books are:

How Long?
    Here to stay
    Time to strike!

I’m on console so coordinates don’t help unfortunately :|
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
    Options
  • flynntribe
    IVyBhgs.jpga7ROIPV.jpg

Options
  • flynntribe
    jYa1cgS.jpgJQc2ffL.jpg
    Options
  • flynntribe
    ZBjj0dW.jpgsx9ZZrB.jpg
    Options
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know where the following books are:

How Long?
    Here to stay
    Time to strike!

I’m on console so coordinates don’t help unfortunately :|

How Long? and Here to Stay are in the very last room of City of Ash II. After Valkyn is defeated, you enter the room with the sigil stone. They are on the left side of the room on or near a table.
    Hermaeus Mora, elder than Ada, Abyssal Cephaliarch, hearken to the plea of this unworthy, for I have come to barter for knowledge denied.
    Options
  • flynntribe
    exKK0JP.jpg1vEXDS6.jpg
    Options
  • flynntribe
    lQgSzRn.jpgMHp2FV8.jpg
    Options
  • flynntribe
    EMS3kkg.jpgfYQ6rty.jpg
    Options
  • flynntribe
    Post Quest Lorebook Location In Marbruk

bfvlnT5.jpgMYjsgXl.jpg
    Options
  • flynntribe
    Post Quest Lorebook Location Tel Mora

bdOToAM.jpgNnheeA7.jpg
    Options
  • flynntribe
    Post Quest Location Reaper's March

bgH11Gw.jpgrMlQPXM.jpg
    Options
  • Walllessfury
    Ok new update on my lore it’s almod complete! Still need the 3 (4 after the seasonal drops) motif books
    Worm cult
    Dreadthorne
    Bloodforge
    Tsaesci

And 3 books
    Children of the sky
    Year 2920 vol 20
    Plea for elder scrolls AD (it’s so hard considering EP is getting dominated right now in every campaign :-()

Options
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    Could anyone possibly screenshot where "Improvised Memorial" is? It's the last one I need for the Incunabula category and I never see it when going through dungeon.
    Options
  • flynntribe
    several questions

1 - is there a way to get the lorebook(s) from Firemoth Island with an existing character if so how or is there a secondary spot that the lorebook(s) is at (screenshot or directions would be nice)

2 - are the lorebook locations different from NA/EU severs in imperial city been running them and no luck with the book shelves (getting the same books)

3 - with Yenadar's Journal (from Personal Journals) is there a post quest spot to get it (already did quest went back to kill him but no luck with him dropping it) same thing with Nedras' Journal (Hearts and Flowers)

4 - and my last request for now is does anyone know where these following lorebooks are located please (screen shots or directions would be nice)

Rites and Revelations - Neelo's Notes

Research Notes - Jomunds's Research Notes

Final Words - The Hoarvor Pit

Craglorn Secrets - Tracking The Butcher

thank you everyone for taking the time to read this and helping out

PS - Playing On PS4
    Options
  • Walllessfury
    Could anyone possibly screenshot where "Improvised Memorial" is? It's the last one I need for the Incunabula category and I never see it when going through dungeon.

Defiant Graffiti
    Improvised Memorial is a small piece of stone quite well hidden further in the dungeon, also on the right side of the path. At least it's on the floor, but still fairly hard to spot because of the bushes, and grass.
    Uzzgrock wrote: »
    @Kyoma
    Worry not, they're not quest items. Just hard to spot. They do glow, but they're gray, and not the bright yellow

It’s really small hidden in the weeds and brush
    Edited by Walllessfury on March 26, 2018 7:29PM
    Options
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭

Is that the rock on the left side of the map before the end boss?

I read before that it was on the right side lol. So I really can't be sure. I don't know how I keep missing it though.
    Options
  • timboutonb16_ESO
    Plea for elder scrolls AD (it’s so hard considering EP is getting dominated right now in every campaign :-()
    Wait for DC to open the gate and sneak in. :P
    That's how I've done it. ^^
    Currently in my IC bookshelves run for this pain of book that is Introduction to Aedric Studies, but I'll try to get a screenshot for you. ;)
    flynntribe wrote: »
    several questions
    1 - is there a way to get the lorebook(s) from Firemoth Island with an existing character if so how or is there a secondary spot that the lorebook(s) is at (screenshot or directions would be nice)

2 - are the lorebook locations different from NA/EU severs in imperial city been running them and no luck with the book shelves (getting the same books)

3 - with Yenadar's Journal (from Personal Journals) is there a post quest spot to get it (already did quest went back to kill him but no luck with him dropping it) same thing with Nedras' Journal (Hearts and Flowers)

4 - and my last request for now is does anyone know where these following lorebooks are located please (screen shots or directions would be nice)

Rites and Revelations - Neelo's Notes

Research Notes - Jomunds's Research Notes

Final Words - The Hoarvor Pit

Craglorn Secrets - Tracking The Butcher

thank you everyone for taking the time to read this and helping out

PS - Playing On PS4

1 - I think you can still use the boat in Seyda Neen after finishing the quest; if not, grouping with someone who's currently doing the quest will let you go there.
    2 - IC bookshelves' spawns seems to be different on each campaign/server/platform... So if a book spawn on Shor PC EU, it'll probably not be there on Shor PC NA or Shor PS4...
    3 - I cannot confirm, but you might find the first one in a building North of S'ren-ja (East of Rawl'kha in Reaper's March) and the second on in a building just north of Northpoint Wayshrine (North of Rivenspire).
    4 - Just like above, click on it to get a screenshot :
    On another note, what was that "spam" of screenshots ? You could've/should've made a single post with spoilers or anything to make it more readable imo, but I guess you do you...
    Edited by timboutonb16_ESO on March 26, 2018 9:15PM
    - Eidetic Memory Completionnist -
    - Master Crafter -
    - All Motifs
    - PC EU -
    Options
  • timboutonb16_ESO

Oh ! Actually, now that I think of it, the books of Bloodroot Forge are on the uesp map : the book you're looking for is the one bottom right of this section.

UPDATE : What works for one, works for the other. :)
    So here's your Hoarvor Pit, @flynntribe : it's just above the entrance, slightly to the left.
    Edited by timboutonb16_ESO on March 26, 2018 9:30PM
    - Master Crafter -
    - All Motifs
    - PC EU -
    Options
  • ChockaShocka
    flynntribe wrote: »
    several questions

1 - is there a way to get the lorebook(s) from Firemoth Island with an existing character . . .

Yes, you can return to Firemoth Island.
    Go to Seyda Neen Wayshrine, then go southeast to the largest ship at the Seyda Neen docks.
    That ship goes to Firemoth Island.

Options
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am in Cyrodiil (Shor) right now looking for Worship in Fanacas. I am standing right where it is supposed to be and I cant see it anywhere.
    Edited by Katahdin on March 27, 2018 12:44AM
    Beta tester November 2013
    Options
  • timboutonb16_ESO
    I'm getting closer and closer !!!! \o/

Still missing that [snip] book in Imperial City : Introduction to Aedric Studies for what's about Eidetic Memories.

As for what's about Motifs, here's where I'm at :
    • Trinimac Style : 12/14
    • Dreadhorn Style : 12/14
    • Bloodforge Style : 9/14
    • Silken Ring Style : 5/14
    • Militant Ordinator Style : 2/14
    • Buoyant armiger style : 0/14
    And obviously, that last one that is yet to be obtainable :
    • Worm Cult Style : 0/14

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 23, 2022 7:59PM
    - Master Crafter -
    - All Motifs
    - PC EU -
    Options
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @timborggrenlarsenb16_ESO I checked all 3 campaigns and I couldn't find that book...and its the only1 I'm also missing :( any chance you know if they reset daily? some people said yes but from my experience they weren't :(
    Edited by xenowarrior92eb17_ESO on March 27, 2018 1:30AM
    Options