Maintenance for the week of June 3:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance June 5, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• Miro
    Miro
    ✭✭
    @xenowarrior92eb17_ESO sorry i did not read the sewers part :) but from what i have experienced there is only 2 bookshelves in EP side the one at the ghost boss and if i remember right (search was made a couple of months ago ) none in AD side(right when u look at the map) all the books that were written in addon as IC sewers i found in the city or in the base part . My daily route for around 2 weeks i think was going on 2 campaigns (sometimes all 3) and checking the base the city and the ghost boss shelves. So good luck to find them :)
    Options
  • timboutonb16_ESO
    YES! The Year 2920, Vol.27 was here for me, I just picked it up a second ago. Thank you very much @kyria.paganb16_ESO ! <3

Now if anyone see Introduction to Aedric Studies anywhere in IC (PC EU server), I'll love you unconditionally ! :P
    - Eidetic Memory Completionnist -
    - Master Crafter -
    - All Motifs
    - PC EU -
    Options
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Miro thx and good to know, btw how long does it takes for IC bookshelves to reset? they reset daily or weekly?
    Options
  • kyria.paganb16_ESO
    kyria.paganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    YES! The Year 2920, Vol.27 was here for me, I just picked it up a second ago. Thank you very much @kyria.paganb16_ESO ! <3

Happy to hear it! :smiley:
    [EU PC]
    Options
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @elven.were_wolf
    • The Smuggler's Plan in Grahtwood can be found in Haven just NW of the Anchor icon. (on a wood bench near a campfire) - this is AFTER the quest is complete.
    • The Smuggler's note can be found in a little boat on the North side of Mathiisen after the quest (if you can recall that is where you exit the cavern/sewer place at the end of the quest.

Lost Warrior, Thief's Luck and Mage's Cipher after the quest I am not certain - not seeing them at logical spot (front entrance, back entrance, quest people) BUT are you sure you did the quest inside Abamath (free Khajiit soul one) if you didn't and are still locked out - I think you might want to contact customer service - I think the khajiit quest was optional and you could do the main rescue one without doing it...

Information Request from Emeric and Updated Instructions from Dortene: I am EP and have these - I had them before I started aiming to complete Eidetic so...my guess is they were on bookshelves at some point...but maybe not anymore.

@MRusso89
    • I count the night's - blackheart haven - when you enter head East from the entrance, there is a small dock with a group of mobs and a boat next to there - the note is on the boat!
    • A Sky of Dusk - you can re-enter the Evergloam by the portal you first did - near the Wellspring:)
    @JaredDragonclaw
    • Establish watchposts - military orders and reports - in Cyrodiil (according to Lorebooks)
    • Beware the shadowscales - military orders and reports - keep reading bookshelves (according to Lorebooks)

Ugh - those IC bookshelf books are a real pain - I feel like physical copies scattered around would be a great time saver...

@Ayantir Did you add a achievement pop-up for when Eidetic Memory is completed? I keep getting an icon with no text that pops up with what I think is the achievement sound effect (or maybe enlightenment one) every time I zone. If i disable lorebooks it goes away - I am stoked to have finally completed Eidetic Memory but I don't need to be congratulated every time I zone! hehehe
    Edited by Mix on March 23, 2018 8:42PM
    Options
  • timboutonb16_ESO
    I just found The Year 2920, Vol. 28 on Vivec PC EU.

Note : Vol. 28 is not appearing in the Eidetic Library even though it is sometimes appearing in bookshelves.

sPQAXbx.jpg
    sEa0uki.jpg

I'd find it somewhat appreciated if someone @ZOS could actually give us some info on this : why is it in game, but not in the eidetic libray ? A bug maybe ?
    Also, every book in the The Year 2920 series, starting at Vol. 26 and including Vol.28 don't have any header when you read the book ; is it intended, or is it another bug or mistake ? (not that this is particularly a big issue though).
    Edited by timboutonb16_ESO on March 23, 2018 11:00PM
    - Master Crafter -
    - All Motifs
    - PC EU -
    Options
  • timboutonb16_ESO
    @Miro thx and good to know, btw how long does it takes for IC bookshelves to reset? they reset daily or weekly?

They reset at least daily. I'm currently in the middle of my Vivec run and the bookshelf where there was The Year 2920, Vol. 27 has a totally different book today (if you're wondering : it's currently The Horror of Castle Xyr, Part 1).
    - Master Crafter -
    - All Motifs
    - PC EU -
    Options
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    @elven.were_wolf
    • The Smuggler's Plan in Grahtwood can be found in Haven just NW of the Anchor icon. (on a wood bench near a campfire) - this is AFTER the quest is complete.
    • The Smuggler's note can be found in a little boat on the North side of Mathiisen after the quest (if you can recall that is where you exit the cavern/sewer place at the end of the quest.

Lost Warrior, Thief's Luck and Mage's Cipher after the quest I am not certain - not seeing them at logical spot (front entrance, back entrance, quest people) BUT are you sure you did the quest inside Abamath (free Khajiit soul one) if you didn't and are still locked out - I think you might want to contact customer service - I think the khajiit quest was optional and you could do the main rescue one without doing it...

Information Request from Emeric and Updated Instructions from Dortene: I am EP and have these - I had them before I started aiming to complete Eidetic so...my guess is they were on bookshelves at some point...but maybe not anymore.

@MRusso89
    • I count the night's - blackheart haven - when you enter head East from the entrance, there is a small dock with a group of mobs and a boat next to there - the note is on the boat!
    • A Sky of Dusk - you can re-enter the Evergloam by the portal you first did - near the Wellspring:)
    @JaredDragonclaw
    • Establish watchposts - military orders and reports - in Cyrodiil (according to Lorebooks)
    • Beware the shadowscales - military orders and reports - keep reading bookshelves (according to Lorebooks)

Ugh - those IC bookshelf books are a real pain - I feel like physical copies scattered around would be a great time saver...

@Ayantir Did you add a achievement pop-up for when Eidetic Memory is completed? I keep getting an icon with no text that pops up with what I think is the achievement sound effect (or maybe enlightenment one) every time I zone. If i disable lorebooks it goes away - I am stoked to have finally completed Eidetic Memory but I don't need to be congratulated every time I zone! hehehe

Thanks Mix! Just grabbed those 2 :)
    Edited by MRusso89 on March 23, 2018 11:33PM
    Hermaeus Mora, elder than Ada, Abyssal Cephaliarch, hearken to the plea of this unworthy, for I have come to barter for knowledge denied.
    excerpt from Fragmentae Abyssum Hermaeus Morus
    Options
  • timboutonb16_ESO
    For those of you on PC EU still missing The Year 2920, Vol. 27 : I just found it on Shor PC EU in the same pack of bookshelves I found Vol. 28 earlier in Vivec (see my post above).

- Master Crafter -
    - All Motifs
    - PC EU -
    Options
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i am only missing Glorious Upheaval from daedric cults and Introduction to Aedric Studies from the devoted and the deranged if anyone comes across them in IC bookshelves :( PC/EU
    Options
  • timboutonb16_ESO
    i am only missing Glorious Upheaval from daedric cults and Introduction to Aedric Studies from the devoted and the deranged if anyone comes across them in IC bookshelves :( PC/EU

If I come across Introduction to Aedric Studies, you can count on me to pinpoint where I found it.
    As for Glorious Upheaval, since I already got it, I might not notice it, but if I do, I'll be sure to tell you.
    - Master Crafter -
    - All Motifs
    - PC EU -
    Options
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone confirm if Honored Ancestors and Very Old Note are fixed? I still can't access the deepest part of Veloth Ancestral Tomb. I know Pierced Note is still broken if you aren't grouped with someone...
    Hermaeus Mora, elder than Ada, Abyssal Cephaliarch, hearken to the plea of this unworthy, for I have come to barter for knowledge denied.
    excerpt from Fragmentae Abyssum Hermaeus Morus
    Options
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    @elven.were_wolf

@MRusso89
    @JaredDragonclaw

Thank you very much! I found them! They were exactly where you said they would be! And I was searching for days!

As for the Abamath, I’m sure the quest takes place inside abamath as I was missing them and had to group with a random person to enter the ruins and do the quest. I even contacted customer support and they said that the only way to get them was to group with someone. Wish they fixed instead of telling me the obvious.
    Edited by elven.were_wolf on March 24, 2018 3:10PM
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
    Options
  • kyria.paganb16_ESO
    kyria.paganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    A question: The lorebooks that are clearly bugged - do you report them as such somehow? I have at least two-three books I should be able to get, but can't due to them not registering as read or simply are not present.
    [EU PC]
    Options
  • ChockaShocka
    Not on my map, thanks for those who found these additional bookshelves.
    8 Bookshelves in Temple of Rectory in SE Memorial

Where is "Temple of Rectory in SE Memorial" ?
    I searched the southeast part of Memorial District for Temple Rectory but couldn't find it.
    Options
  • Miro
    Miro
    ✭✭
    its not in memorial district its in Temple one ( the round corner building near the bookshelf that is noted with 4 on the map that u find on the first page of the forum)
    Options
  • ChockaShocka
    A Sky of Dusk part of Clockwork Mnemonix collection
    In Evergloam, in front of a tent on an island.

Go to the "Portal to Evergloam." There's a Youtube video that shows it during a playthrough of "Unto the Dark" quest.
    In Clockwork City, it's Northwest of Everwound Wellspring & East Southeast of Exarchs' Egress world boss, in a cave.

Once in Evergloam, look on the map for 3 little islands Southeast of where you entered Evergloam. The tent & lorebook are on the larger of the 3 islands.
    Options
  • timboutonb16_ESO
    Not on my map, thanks for those who found these additional bookshelves.
    8 Bookshelves in Temple of Rectory in SE Memorial

Where is "Temple of Rectory in SE Memorial" ?
    I searched the southeast part of Memorial District for Temple Rectory but couldn't find it.

Bottom right corner between the Monstrous Tooth trophy Vault and the corner of the district.
    unknown.png?width=600&height=368

Edited by timboutonb16_ESO on March 24, 2018 10:57PM
    - Master Crafter -
    - All Motifs
    - PC EU -
    Options
  • Walllessfury
    Just me or is the counter glitched? By my count I have46 left, they say 47?Here is what I have left b
    Motifs
    Dreadhorn
    Bloodforge
    Worm cult

Books/pages
    Morag staves
    Children of the sky
    Re animation specimen collection
    2920 volume 20
    Plea for elder scroll AD
    Options
  • timboutonb16_ESO
    Just me or is the counter glitched? By my count I have46 left, they say 47?Here is what I have left b
    Motifs
    Dreadhorn
    Bloodforge
    Worm cult

Books/pages
    Morag staves
    Children of the sky
    Re animation specimen collection
    2920 volume 20
    Plea for elder scroll AD

You didn't say how much pages you have for each motif (Dreadhorn, Bloodforge and Worm Cult), so I'll assume you have none; so it makes : 14x3+5 = 42+5 = 47...
    - Master Crafter -
    - All Motifs
    - PC EU -
    Options
  • Walllessfury
    Ok you're right I obviously wasn't counting the moral tong one for whatever reason lol. Anyway is there a hint on where the reanimation one is In fang lair?
    Options
  • timboutonb16_ESO
    Are you using LoreBooks add-on ? If you have this add-on, just look at your map when you run through the dungeon and you'll see where is the book.
    - Master Crafter -
    - All Motifs
    - PC EU -
    Options
  • Walllessfury
    I am on console can't use addon
    Options
  • kyria.paganb16_ESO
    kyria.paganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ok you're right I obviously wasn't counting the moral tong one for whatever reason lol. Anyway is there a hint on where the reanimation one is In fang lair?

Not sure if that is it or not - but that might be the one stapled on the poor, dead mammoth's forehead.
    Edited by kyria.paganb16_ESO on March 25, 2018 10:20PM
    [EU PC]
    Options
  • timboutonb16_ESO

Not sure if that is it or not - but that might be the one stapled on the poor, dead mammoth's forehead.

I think the one you're thinking of (stappled on the mammouth's head) is Death is no Laughing Matter.
    - Master Crafter -
    - All Motifs
    - PC EU -
    Options
  • kyria.paganb16_ESO
    kyria.paganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed, @timboutonb16_ESO - I always found that sad and funny all at once. That poor mammoth!
    [EU PC]
    Options
  • timboutonb16_ESO
    Indeed, @timboutonb16_ESO - I always found that sad and funny all at once. That poor mammoth!

Yeah... I had the same mixed feelings when I first read the note... ^^'

As for you, @Walllessfury : I went back in Fang Lair got you the mpcatopn of the book you're looking for. ;)

2AWqDzk.jpg

(It's in fact the next book after the note on the mammoth.)
    - Master Crafter -
    - All Motifs
    - PC EU -
    Options
  • Blue_Radium
    Blue_Radium
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking for the unsigned version of the Tome of the Undaunted. I have Tome of the Undaunted (Signed) and haven't been able to find an unsigned version of this lorebook to read after finishing the Undaunted intro quest. I submitted a ticket and did a lot of online research to no effect. Anyone know where this lorebook is located post-Undaunted quest?
    Options
  • timboutonb16_ESO
    I have no idea. If I think of it, I'll try to see where it could be this evening.
    - Master Crafter -
    - All Motifs
    - PC EU -
    Options
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    These are the final five I'm missing. I've double checked yesterday, and they are still unobtainable to me. Any confirmation/workaround/tips would be appreciated. If they truly are not obtainable, we should work on ZOS to make them change these to readable with a future patch.

42rskgf2ebss.png

"Letter to Egranor" is supposed to be found at this location in Auridon, most likely associated with the quest on that location. However, after the quest is done, the note is no longer found anywhere.

*snip*

@Carbonised Letter to Egranor is indeed in Quendeluun, but underground. There will be an Ayleid door named North Ruins. It is not marked on the map, but should be not too far from the book's marker. The book is on a desk beside the crystal brazier within.
    Map (Auridon): 61.67×30.37
    Options