Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    waigorrun wrote: »
    what is the best section of IC to look at bookshelves?

Definitely top side. There is a guide at the beginning of this thread that shows a quick route to hit up all the bookshelves through all the districts. There's also a couple neutral areas inside a couple buildings that aren't shown on it that have about 5 bookshelves total. Also check the sewer base each time as there are about 5 or 6 for each alliance. Since I was CP level I just did the route on Vivec and then repeated it on Shor each day. Some of the bookshelves have respawns that are more than a day long so you'll have some repeats but I did this cycle for about three weeks and was able to get all the IC books.

Options
  • Miro
    Miro
    ✭✭
    hello all lore books hoarders. I miss one bugged book(because Orders to Halskar it's in a house where i can't enter anymore) and 2 that are in the DC enemy base(Information Request from Emeric and Updated Instructions from Dortene). And i have a question how is it possible that some of my friends have the books that are in DC base considering they are EP like me. Where the 2 books somewhere else before and got moved ? Are there any other copies ? esolog.uesp.net/viewlog.php?record=location&filter=bookId&filterid=251 if u check the link it says u can find it in Iron Wheel Headquarters so i took one of my alts there before asking a friend to group and help me get in (don't know if it is even possible) but i did not found anything . And i also made a DC char on PTS and looked around in the area after the gates of Alma Ruma and Ni-Mohk (like some other on this forum did )and i found nothing as well. Unfortunately all the people who have them don't remember how or where they got them. Some of you wrote in the pages of this thread that you remember something with under a bridge but that is very vague :) .

Well thank you in advance if anyone can explain stuff with what happened with them or if anyone comes up with a solution :)
    Options
  • kyria.paganb16_ESO
    kyria.paganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Miro wrote: »
    hello all lore books hoarders. I miss one bugged book(because Orders to Halskar it's in a house where i can't enter anymore) and 2 that are in the DC enemy base(Information Request from Emeric and Updated Instructions from Dortene). And i have a question how is it possible that some of my friends have the books that are in DC base considering they are EP like me. Where the 2 books somewhere else before and got moved ? Are there any other copies ? esolog.uesp.net/viewlog.php?record=location&filter=bookId&filterid=251 if u check the link it says u can find it in Iron Wheel Headquarters so i took one of my alts there before asking a friend to group and help me get in (don't know if it is even possible) but i did not found anything . And i also made a DC char on PTS and looked around in the area after the gates of Alma Ruma and Ni-Mohk (like some other on this forum did )and i found nothing as well. Unfortunately all the people who have them don't remember how or where they got them. Some of you wrote in the pages of this thread that you remember something with under a bridge but that is very vague :) .

Well thank you in advance if anyone can explain stuff with what happened with them or if anyone comes up with a solution :)

I assume they got theirs from reading random bookshelves and lucking out.
    [EU PC]
    Options
  • Meld777
    Meld777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toraf wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    For me the last bugged books are:

- "No reason to worry" locked behind Hazak's hollow door (Khenarthi's roost).
    - "Pierced note" locked behind captain Brivan's apartment door (Vvardenfell).
    - "Nahirah's journal" impossible to find if youv'e already done the quest "The search for Shiri" (Alik'r desert).

@Toraf How did you get "Worship in Fanacas"? I'm missing quite a few books because they're locked behind already-completed quests, but that's the only one I'm missing that should be bugged for everyone. It's supposed to be right in front of Mabrel Pierel (boss) in Cyrodiil, but there is nothing. There is no quest that leads there, either. Or am I missing something?
    Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
    Options
  • ChockaShocka
    SNOWMEAD'S MISSIVE
    on Xbox One
    Found it near the road between Fort Amol Wayshrine & Lost Knife Cave.
    As you leave Fort Amol Wayshrine to travel towards Lost Knife Cave, you'll pass a big building on the left that's about 30 feet from the road. You can see that building from the wayshrine. Go past it while on the road.
    Then you will see a wooden fence on the right edge of the road with 3 fence sections & a lamp post.
    As soon as you pass that fence, turn right 90 degrees & walk 15 steps to Snowmead's Missive.
    Options
  • Erinia
    Erinia
    ✭✭✭
    Still missed Red Exile Instructions.

Quest was completed, but book was bugged for me sadly. Anybody know if it should be somewhere after quest? If yes, where?
    Somebody said it was fixed for him, but how - is it just became completed in eidetic memory or spawned somewhere?
    I have noting on it's quest place in mine, since quest was completed long ago, and it showing me as not found in eidetic memory.
    @Erinia, PC EU
    Gift Exchange 2023! My WishList here!
    Options
  •  Schore159
    Schore159
    ✭✭✭
    Hey , i have trouble finding 1 of the Orsinum Archive Books : Malacath and Trinimac
    it only says its in Wrothar-->Dungeon-->Bookshelves
    Options
  • kyria.paganb16_ESO
    kyria.paganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hello fellow lorebook-hunters! :)

I was hoping someone could help me with a few missing books I have. I am down to <125 lorebooks (incl. motifs), but am still missing 8 Eidetic Memories located on the PvE side of the game (so non-Cyro/Imp. Sewers/Imp. City) and was hoping someone here could give me some pointers.

These books are showing on my map, but I can't spot them at the coordinates and I suspect they might be bugged:

* House Hlaalu Merchant Camp - I just can't find it. It is supposed to be in Deshaan (Obsidian Gorge) and I can see it on my minimap + my radar. I spot a non-interactable merchant repairing her cart I assume might be connected to the note, but nothing placed on or around the cart.

* The Winds of Change - this is listed in Eidetic Memory as located in Cyrodiil through the quest "Long Lost Lore" (which as far as I know is a non-repeatable Mages Guild quest). The addon Lorebooks is showing me the book in i) Ondil, Auridon and ii) Silumm, Glenumbra. The former does not have a book I can interact with at all (but several books/notes I can't) - in the latter at the location is a book called "Dominion Orders" (and some books/notes I can't interact with).

This is not showing on my map, but I assume I have it located:

* Tome of the Undaunted - I can read the tome in my alliance (AD) Undaunted camp, but not interact with the other two camp tomes. Reading the tome at my AD camp still does not complete the lorebook entry in Eidetic Memory though.

This book I have no clue where to even begin searching for:

* Rhanbiq's Notes - Hew's Bane [ESOUI and forum says to locate them in an Inn in Marbruk (second floor) or in Coin Brother's Cornerclub, Stormhold, but neither of these places has this lorebook for me (though they hold others)]

I would appreciate any input or guidance to locate these books - or confirmation of them being bugged. :)

EDIT:
    *Note to Vanus [likely not ingame yet]

*A Plea for the Elder Scrolls is listed twice (I have not found either, but assume it is at the Temple of Chim) - are there really two books or is the library listing bugged?

*Orders from Lady Anais - Hew's Bane
    Edited by kyria.paganb16_ESO on March 16, 2018 4:54PM
    [EU PC]
    Options
  • MiBlueEagle
    MiBlueEagle
    ✭✭
    note to vanus hasn't been found as far as I know.

there is a plea for elder scrolls for each faction in their temple. you can tell which you need from the wording of each note
    Edited by MiBlueEagle on March 7, 2018 12:19AM
    Options
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    note to vanus hasn't been found as far as I know.

there is a plea for elder scrolls for each faction in their temple.

Note to Vanus is most likely the free quest starter for the next ESO chapter. It's not available yet.
    Hermaeus Mora, elder than Ada, Abyssal Cephaliarch, hearken to the plea of this unworthy, for I have come to barter for knowledge denied.
    excerpt from Fragmentae Abyssum Hermaeus Morus
    Options
  • kyria.paganb16_ESO
    kyria.paganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you both! :) I will edit my post to mark that as answered.

Any additional information about the other lorebooks is most welcome!
    [EU PC]
    Options
  • Nodrol
    Nodrol
    Soul Shriven
    Hi guys! Long time stalker here. Let me first just thank each and every one of you because you helped us a lot to pinpoint some of the trickier lore books. Now it's time to give it back to you.

I was using the interactive map found on www.uesp.net when I decided to give it another go to find the elusive A smuggler's plan. The map showed two lore book locations, both in Haven, but the name was A smuggler's den. Intrigued by this, I decided to check it out and the location in front of Phynaster's Stride indeed has it! In case you don't want to use the map, it is just next to the anchor icon in front of the Phynaster's Stride on a log bench next to a campfire.

Happy hunting! :)

Edit: Forgot to mention, it is PS4 EU server.
    Edited by Nodrol on March 7, 2018 12:48AM
    Options
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    Nodrol wrote: »
    Hi guys! Long time stalker here. Let me first just thank each and every one of you because you helped us a lot to pinpoint some of the trickier lore books. Now it's time to give it back to you.

I was using the interactive map found on www.uesp.net when I decided to give it another go to find the elusive A smuggler's plan. The map showed two lore book locations, both in Haven, but the name was A smuggler's den. Intrigued by this, I decided to check it out and the location in front of Phynaster's Stride indeed has it! In case you don't want to use the map, it is just next to the anchor icon in front of the Phynaster's Stride on a log bench next to a campfire.

Happy hunting! :)

Edit: Forgot to mention, it is PS4 EU server.

I may be wrong, but I feel like A Smugglers Plan is in the Enchanter/Alchemist shop in Craglorn. On the counter where the shopkeep is.
    Hermaeus Mora, elder than Ada, Abyssal Cephaliarch, hearken to the plea of this unworthy, for I have come to barter for knowledge denied.
    Options
  • Nodrol
    Nodrol
    Soul Shriven
    MRusso89 wrote: »
    I may be wrong, but I feel like A Smugglers Plan is in the Enchanter/Alchemist shop in Craglorn. On the counter where the shopkeep is.

We have been using this thread to pinpoint the book and we have come up with nothing. Don't know if the book is in Craglorn cause it is a big map and you haven't specified where exactly it is. I can check that location to see if there are multiple locations for it.

On a different note, I have serious issues with finding Eyewitness to the wall. The only info I could find was that it is north of Valen's Wall Gatehouse and since no one here mentioned the book it either means I'm blind or that the book is bugged. Any help is appreciated.

Cheers! :)
    Options
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    Nodrol wrote: »

We have been using this thread to pinpoint the book and we have come up with nothing. Don't know if the book is in Craglorn cause it is a big map and you haven't specified where exactly it is. I can check that location to see if there are multiple locations for it.

On a different note, I have serious issues with finding Eyewitness to the wall. The only info I could find was that it is north of Valen's Wall Gatehouse and since no one here mentioned the book it either means I'm blind or that the book is bugged. Any help is appreciated.

Cheers! :)

Sorry, I was referring to the Enchanter/Alchemist shop in Belkarth in Craglorn.
    Options
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello fellow lorebook-hunters! :)

Also a question mark for me is:

A Plea for the Elder Scrolls is listed twice (I have not found either, but assume it is at the Temple of Chim) - are there really two books or is the library listing bugged?

I would appreciate any input or guidance to locate these books - or confirmation of them being bugged. :)

There is 'A Plea for the Elder Scrolls' for each alliance at their respective Temples.....so there are actually three books. These books tend to be visible on the ground (and not on their respective tome pedestal) but not interactable, and logging off and logging on tend to simply fix most times.
    Options
  • kyria.paganb16_ESO
    kyria.paganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, Qyrk! :)
    [EU PC]
    Options
  • Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another trick for the “Plea for the Elder Scrolls” is to walk some distance away and loop back and hopefully it will respawn on the top of the pedestal. This trick worked for me when one of them was appearing inside the pedestal.
    Edited by Meesha1170 on March 11, 2018 8:31PM
    Options
  • timboutonb16_ESO
    Meesha1170 wrote: »
    Another trick for the “Plea for the Elder Scrolls” is to walk some distance away and loop back and hopefully it will respawn on the top of the pedestal. This trick worked for me when one of them was appearing inside the pedestal.

Worked for me. Thanks ! ^^
    This one was starting to get on my nerves...

Now the only one (or two actually) getting on my nerves (aside from the 100+ motifs I'm missing) are The Year 2920, Vol. 27 & Introduction to Aedric Studies. Since they are from IC and just spawn randomly in bookshelves, I'll leave in fear of getting killed by another player just before hitting the correct bookshelf without ever knowing it was the correct one... :'(

On a side note : I'm getting really close and this thread helped me immensely ! As I'm writting this, I'm only 134 away from completion (counting the Note to Vanus & 111 motif pages left to collect...). So thanks a lot to everyone who inputted some valuable informations in this thread. I love you all ! <3
    - Eidetic Memory Completionnist -
    - Master Crafter -
    - All Motifs
    - PC EU -
    Options
  • kyria.paganb16_ESO
    kyria.paganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Wow! This really works! I did not have to walk far either. First few times I tried it did not spawn back right, but second try on a new campaign did it for me. Thank you so much!
    [EU PC]
    Options
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭

Now the only one (or two actually) getting on my nerves (aside from the 100+ motifs I'm missing) are The Year 2920, Vol. 27 & Introduction to Aedric Studies. Since they are from IC and just spawn randomly in bookshelves, I'll leave in fear of getting killed by another player just before hitting the correct bookshelf without ever knowing it was the correct one... :'(

On a side note : I'm getting really close and this thread helped me immensely ! As I'm writting this, I'm only 134 away from completion (counting the Note to Vanus & 111 motif pages left to collect...). So thanks a lot to everyone who inputted some valuable informations in this thread. I love you all ! <3

You and I are almost in the same boat then (still looking for Aedric Studies and Vol. 27). I wish the motif books didn't count toward the total, otherwise, I'd only have 19 left to go.
    Options
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone confirm where "I Count the Nights" is? I heard it's in Blackheart Haven but I still cannot find it.
    Edited by MRusso89 on March 14, 2018 1:43PM
    Options
  • timboutonb16_ESO
    @Miro, to answer your problem with the Cyrodiil : I'm EP and I collected all these books (and skyshards) in DC and AD when there was a raid for the Scrolls. Just keep an eye on the map and when you see one of the gates are going to be opened, if it's by your faction : rush in with them ; if it's by another faction : wait a bit and then sneak in (invisibility might help) and just go mind your business (grab book and skyshards). If I remember correctly, no book is totally inaccessible in enemies' faction bases.

On another subject : can anyone confirm The Year 2920, Vol. 27 & Introduction to Aedric Studies are spawning in any of Imperial City's Districts Bookshelves ? Because my LoreBooks add-on just say "Imperial City - Imperial Sewers" and I seem to be unable to find them in Top Side IC, even after a few runs... So I'd like to know if I should just keep on trying or stop wasting my time and focus on sewers...

You and I are almost in the same boat then (still looking for Aedric Studies and Vol. 27). I wish the motif books didn't count toward the total, otherwise, I'd only have 19 left to go.

And, out of curiosity, how many motif pages are you missing ?
    Edited by timboutonb16_ESO on March 15, 2018 1:22PM
    - Master Crafter -
    - All Motifs
    - PC EU -
    Options
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    @Miro, to answer your problem with the Cyrodiil : I'm EP and I collected all these books (and skyshards) in DC and AD when there was a raid for the Scrolls. Just keep an eye on the map and when you see one of the gates are going to be opened, if it's by your faction : rush in with them ; if it's by another faction : wait a bit and then sneak in (invisibility might help) and just go mind your business (grab book and skyshards). If I remember correctly, no book is totally inaccessible in enemies' faction bases.

On another subject : can anyone confirm The Year 2920, Vol. 27 & Introduction to Aedric Studies are spawning in any of Imperial City's Districts Bookshelves ? Because my LoreBooks add-on just say "Imperial City - Imperial Sewers" and I seem to be unable to find them in Top Side IC, even after a few runs... So I'd like to know if I should just keep on trying or stop wasting my time and focus on sewers...

And, out of curiosity, how many motif pages are you missing ?

I'm missing all of the Redoran, Hlallu, Telvanni, and group dungeon related motif chapters. Good news is, it looks like Silken Ring and Mazzazatun are in the new crate season so I'll be getting them through there. Also need Militant Ordinator, but I think that's about it.
    Options
  • Miro
    Miro
    ✭✭
    @timboutonb16_ESO i don't know if you read what others and i posted on the other pages of the forums but here it is . I have been beyond the gates to all 4 scrolls locations multiple times(earlier in the game to get the sky shards and later to get the lore books) and i haven't found those 2. the add-on shows them as being in the enemy BASE. I made a DC char on PTS ( so i can search without stress )and i found them where the add-on says they are. But like many others before me i also searched the entire area around the scrolls in DC side maybe maybe i find a second location( as i said other people did the same thing and as me they have found nothing at all) so you probably like my friends got them from some other place- a bookshelf or only the gods know from where.(If you open your add-on and check to see the read books you will see they both show in the enemy base)

and for your second point. Yes i can confirm i found those 2 in IC bookshelves. on the first page of the forum there is a complete route with them. you just have to check on an many campaigns as you can daily. I think it took me 1-2 weeks of daily checking in 3 campaigns till i found them both. so good luck :)
    Edited by Miro on March 15, 2018 4:28PM
    Options
  • kyria.paganb16_ESO
    kyria.paganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

I got Introduction to Aedric Studies from a bookshelf in Imp. City just 1-2 hours ago. Keep at it! :)
    [EU PC]
    Options
  • ChockaShocka
    Mix wrote: »
    Not on my map, thanks for those who found these additional bookshelves.
    8 Bookshelves in Temple of Rectory in SE Memorial

Where is "Temple of Rectory in SE Memorial" ?
    I searched the southeast part of Memorial District for Temple Rectory but couldn't find it.
    Edited by ChockaShocka on March 15, 2018 11:49PM
    Options
  • timboutonb16_ESO
    Miro wrote: »
    @timboutonb16_ESO i don't know if you read what others and i posted on the other pages of the forums but here it is . I have been beyond the gates to all 4 scrolls locations multiple times(earlier in the game to get the sky shards and later to get the lore books) and i haven't found those 2. the add-on shows them as being in the enemy BASE. I made a DC char on PTS ( so i can search without stress )and i found them where the add-on says they are. But like many others before me i also searched the entire area around the scrolls in DC side maybe maybe i find a second location( as i said other people did the same thing and as me they have found nothing at all) so you probably like my friends got them from some other place- a bookshelf or only the gods know from where.(If you open your add-on and check to see the read books you will see they both show in the enemy base)

and for your second point. Yes i can confirm i found those 2 in IC bookshelves. on the first page of the forum there is a complete route with them. you just have to check on an many campaigns as you can daily. I think it took me 1-2 weeks of daily checking in 3 campaigns till i found them both. so good luck :)

Oh yeah... My bad, I was at work (really *** boring day, that's why I was checking here... ^^') and couldn't launch the game to check what I was saying... ^^'
    I had books like Respectful Greetings from Am-Shadal & Letter to Grand Warlord Dortene for example, books that are both in the enemy bas and just outside of it.

@Miro & @kyria.paganb16_ESO : thanks for the info, I guess I'll just have to painfully keep garming for it... guess it has some good sides to it : got about 3k tel var stones killing players on my way in my last run...
    - Master Crafter -
    - All Motifs
    - PC EU -
    Options
  • JaredDragonclaw

I got Introduction to Aedric Studies from a bookshelf in Imp. City just 1-2 hours ago. Keep at it! :)

Which campaign did you grab this in?
    Options
  • JaredDragonclaw
    I’m having trouble locating a few books. Can anybody help with these?

Caught him! - diaries and logs

Establish watchposts - military orders and reports

Beware the shadowscales - military orders and reports

Options