Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Zaan Examples

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Minalan wrote: »
    Apparently Zaan can proc on multiple targets if you use the overload heavy attack (AOE).

Everyone who gets crit in the same proc tick gets the fire beam.

So you get a zaan, and you get a zaan, everyone gets a zaan! :lol:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/399923/new-sorc-bomber-build#latest

This set is so broken, lol!

.... That's just awesome

Lol we need a video of that before zos fixes it lol

I'm gonna see if I can, just to. I'm picturing Zaan strings going in multiple directions. I'm probably gonna get pwned trying but it shall be GLORIOUS

I’m thinking:
    Mothers sorrow - that’s boatload of crit, or maybe VD.
    Thief mundus
    Mage light on o/l bar for major prophesy
    Cast defensive rune or something for minor prophesy
    Zaan one piece is spell Crit.

Jump into a Zerg, heavy overload attack with that high of crit. There are no more AOE caps, so you can crit EVERYONE. End up with 12 freaking Zaan procs at once while you spam shields.

Add vicious death for insult to injury.

ZOS Approved gameplay.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently Zaan can proc on multiple targets if you use the overload heavy attack (AOE).

Everyone who gets crit in the same proc tick gets the fire beam.

So you get a zaan, and you get a zaan, everyone gets a zaan! :lol:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/399923/new-sorc-bomber-build#latest

This set is so broken, lol!

.... That's just awesome

Lol we need a video of that before zos fixes it lol

I'm gonna see if I can, just to. I'm picturing Zaan strings going in multiple directions. I'm probably gonna get pwned trying but it shall be GLORIOUS

Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to slot vicious death, zaan, and Queens Elegance and engage a pug group of AD dirty elves with heavy overload attacks. Get as many videos as you can lol
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive watched that clip 5 times now and I'm still not sure why my permafrost didnt cc you.

@Waffennacht
    Wait @Ron_Burgundy_79 you got clipped Shame .
    Edited by KingJ on March 9, 2018 11:23PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »
    Ive watched that clip 5 times now and I'm still not sure why my permafrost didnt cc you.

@Waffennacht
    Wait @Ron_Burgundy_79 you got clipped Shame .

Never! I'm actually surprised at how many people I ran into during the 4ish hours that clip takes place, I of course had no idea until after when I've been informed.

As to the CC - no idea
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly people just need to have the guts to admit they screwed up. I remember where I screwed up and got ganked by a overload ganker. I got him back in a 1vs 1 later and he spent the rest of the day Xvs1 ganking me until I started focusing and 1 banging him and doing the laughing emoj :-P. He stopped after that of course.
    Screwups happen just learn from them and don't come 2 the forums crying about something being OP because it rarely is, the guy just got you really good at that moment...

I've pointed this out to someone else.

This is coming from the user's perspective.

When I put on TK I notice how much I improve
    When I put on pirate (esp before nerf) I felt the difference
    When Malubeth was bugged I felt the difference

I feel Zaan,

I feel Zaan more than I feel BS or Skoria or Grothdarr. I put those sets on I'm like, "ok" when I put Zaan on I go, "oh god yes"

Then when I added Caluurion I just laugh manically!

Well said. Caluurion is tooltipping for over 21k on Lifelongmovie82’s sorc at purple quality and no buffs. WTF is going on here.
  • Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I put Zaan on my stamblade for BG’s. Assassin XRT (who is a very good NB) sent me a screenshot of his death recap. My Zaan hit him for 21k.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Idk why people defend this set.

@zParallaxz and you still pretend you didn’t get 1vX’d a few weeks later on your stam warden in that BG. I was on a mag DK no less

You’re an above average player that crutches on duel builds that don’t work anywhere else. You’ve got the worst attitude of any player I’ve ever met and the fact that you think I’m “flexing” over a video game is laughable. Furthermore, the fact that you use a video game to “flex” speaks more to your character than I ever could.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on March 10, 2018 12:39AM
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found a counter last night. Destro ult and then the Zaan user runs away instead of you.. :lol:

Works the same way with Devouring Swarm...

If they are smart, they run from you; if not, they stand their ground while the AoE Ultimate overwhelms Zaan...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zaan is not counterable for most stam builds. Nearly impossible especially when they get gapclosed. Outheal? Good luck with that because it's gonna tick for more than you can heal with vigor and rally. #balanced
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Idk why people defend this set.

@zParallaxz and you still pretend you didn’t get 1vX’d a few weeks later on your stam warden in that BG. I was on a mag DK no less

You’re an above average player that crutches on duel builds that don’t work anywhere else. You’ve got the worst attitude of any player I’ve ever met and the fact that you think I’m “flexing” over a video game is laughable. Furthermore, the fact that you use a video game to “flex” speaks more to your character than I ever could.

Your first mistake is saying I’ve been 1vX by someone nonetheless in bgs. The second is that you lost fair and square and complain my build was only meant for dueling that’s where ur wrong, once you’ve mastered a class you can generally run anything and kill anyone. You lost over 15 times in less than 13 mins on a destro resto build that doesn’t use talons, aka get the build. When I say you flex on forums it’s a figure of speech u goof, it means you give quotes and tips on builds when yourself isn’t exceeding well at the game. When I simply ask you to show me your wisdom in game in duel and lost so fast and so much, you simply said, well I don’t have good build on right now if I such as such I could probably win.
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People cried over viper a miserable 3k dps boost every 4 secs... And now this 2 piece set lol!! proc sets should never been introduced to pvp to start with! and if they did bring them why not learn from past mistakes? with some "balance" in mind... but for crying out loud if you are to bring something broken anyway please bring something equaly broken for stamina "ying/yang" lol balance. infernal guardian, valking skoria , grodgar , zaan vs selene and velidreth <
    wich are all garbage unless it comes from a high burst ganker and tbh the ganker was going to kill you regardless with or without the procs... good luck with those detect pots soul assault zaan combos ;)

One word= LoS.... No issues here, again a combo witch usually only works if your ganking or just catch the player off guard. In no way a win button

You are depending heavily on this new monster set. This is all I'm taking from your posts

@GeorgeBlack I use Engine Guardian :lol:
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zaan have all the issue people had with SA when it comes to Meduim armor but this time it hurts everyone. Once again instead of fixing Meduim they added more broken crap to the game. What's even funnier this set makes more people play stamblade now because their the only class that can use it most effectively and evade it.
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spends hr in getting it .. used it.. tried it in 1vs1 and its ok people just heal it roll away and proc waiting time its too long... im thinking of going back to Valkyn Skoria...

what is your base damage of it ? like what it says on the helmet ?

Edited by ForsakenSin on March 12, 2018 4:25AM
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spends hr in getting it .. used it.. tried it in 1vs1 and its ok people just heal it roll away and proc waiting time its too long... im thinking of going back to Valkyn Skoria...

what is your base damage of it ? like what it says on the helmet ?

Mine says 4670
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys gotta try Zaan + Caluurion. Imagine on NB or DK.

8k burst proc + the Zaan pressure + Incap or Leap or will or whip

The only reason I'm not using it on my NB, NBs are just so good lol

Caluurion + zaan + duroks. It´s gud.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We have removed several posts that were getting in the way of a productive discussion. Please avoid derailing threads with non-constructive and disruptive posts.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zaan is not counterable for most stam builds. Nearly impossible especially when they get gapclosed. Outheal? Good luck with that because it's gonna tick for more than you can heal with vigor and rally. #balanced

And don’t forget you are taking damage from regular attacks, DOTs, and ultimates. Zaan does not happen in a bubble. Soul Assault and Zaan killed me on my NB before I could bar swap and cloak in BGs.

• Hoked_on_ponix
    Hoked_on_ponix
    ✭✭✭
    I had Zaan double proc on me in bgs this weekend It showed up on my death recap twice for three ticks each from the same user. I think it has a chance of double procing on a dual wield heavy attack. It was also a stam sorc using the set for those of you who don't think it is strong.
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing that gets me is the super unlucky, "Just so happen to proc at the same time as my assassin's will/super high burst ability" moments. An instant 7.5k tick on top of a good rotation is something I can't feel good dying to.

When I die to a group using it I don't really let it get to me because I've finally accepted the game punishes solo play.
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw multiple dmg ticks for 4k, 5k damage, even a few 6k's....

Why did they put this in the game. I'm sorry but this is just lame.

I'm wondering how I'll be able to counter this new cancer with my magNB. I can't dodge roll spam away. I'll probably have to shadow image and than port away once the zaan procs. Stealth doesn't break the proc, does it?

Cloak breaks the proc. But for pve I can see it being useful on magsorc. With the sustain nerf you run out of magicka and have to heavy attack constantly the way you did when you first started the damn sorc at level 1. I would love pve zann with my sorc.... you know.. because I cant even use both skill bars without running out of magicka. Have to let pets and cheap sets do all the work.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally fought against this set. Against a magblade that rooted, ambushed, concealed, then stood around waiting for zaan to finish all in a few seconds time.

Absolutely disgusting and didn't see it coming lol.

Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally fought against this set. Against a magblade that rooted, ambushed, concealed, then stood around waiting for zaan to finish all in a few seconds time.

Absolutely disgusting and didn't see it coming lol.

I was 1v2ing last night, got put on my backbar, procced Zaan on one while on resto staff. Probably got too caught up trying to kill me and dies.

I really like it as a more defensive, gtf off of me, helm
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • JXNwarrior
    JXNwarrior
    ✭✭✭
    This was yesterday in bg's on PS4. I was on a stamplar with 23k resists and minor protection and the guy with Zaan was on a 35k health stam build spamming Stampede as I tried to LoS and break the beam with distance.

Zaan is not balanced. Bye.

https://imgur.com/a/iZk28
    Edited by JXNwarrior on March 14, 2018 4:52PM
    PC NA 300 CP
    PS4 NA 1200+ CP