Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Zaan Examples

• Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭
    People cried over viper a miserable 3k dps boost every 4 secs... And now this 2 piece set lol!! proc sets should never been introduced to pvp to start with! and if they did bring them why not learn from past mistakes? with some "balance" in mind... but for crying out loud if you are to bring something broken anyway please bring something equaly broken for stamina "ying/yang" lol balance. infernal guardian, valking skoria , grodgar , zaan vs selene and velidreth <
    wich are all garbage unless it comes from a high burst ganker and tbh the ganker was going to kill you regardless with or without the procs... good luck with those detect pots soul assault zaan combos ;)

One word= LoS.... No issues here, again a combo witch usually only works if your ganking or just catch the player off guard. In no way a win button

See not everytime you have loS... and sNares need to be toned down a lot, so yeah we dont need this kind of stuff, and pair it with elfbane 20kdmg 2 extra tics LOL!! hits harder than an ulti thats insane, i mean is not like you have to activate a skill to proc it like u run out of mag no proc you are dead... that does not apply here mate just a crit from a LT even if you are almost at the other side "dead" and out of mag and boom you won! dont tell me is not a win button... and on the hands of a skilled mag dk lining up burst its easy and on demand with zaan...
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People cried over viper a miserable 3k dps boost every 4 secs... And now this 2 piece set lol!! proc sets should never been introduced to pvp to start with! and if they did bring them why not learn from past mistakes? with some "balance" in mind... but for crying out loud if you are to bring something broken anyway please bring something equaly broken for stamina "ying/yang" lol balance. infernal guardian, valking skoria , grodgar , zaan vs selene and velidreth <
    wich are all garbage unless it comes from a high burst ganker and tbh the ganker was going to kill you regardless with or without the procs... good luck with those detect pots soul assault zaan combos ;)

One word= LoS.... No issues here, again a combo witch usually only works if your ganking or just catch the player off guard. In no way a win button

LoS doesn't work against Zaan
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly people just need to have the guts to admit they screwed up. I remember where I screwed up and got ganked by a overload ganker. I got him back in a 1vs 1 later and he spent the rest of the day Xvs1 ganking me until I started focusing and 1 banging him and doing the laughing emoj :-P. He stopped after that of course.
    Screwups happen just learn from them and don't come 2 the forums crying about something being OP because it rarely is, the guy just got you really good at that moment...
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly people just need to have the guts to admit they screwed up. I remember where I screwed up and got ganked by a overload ganker. I got him back in a 1vs 1 later and he spent the rest of the day Xvs1 ganking me until I started focusing and 1 banging him and doing the laughing emoj :-P. He stopped after that of course.
    Screwups happen just learn from them and don't come 2 the forums crying about something being OP because it rarely is, the guy just got you really good at that moment...

Great let's introduce more things that can kill everyone even though they are at skill level potato
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've pointed this out to someone else.

This is coming from the user's perspective.

When I put on TK I notice how much I improve
    When I put on pirate (esp before nerf) I felt the difference
    When Malubeth was bugged I felt the difference

I feel Zaan,

I feel Zaan more than I feel BS or Skoria or Grothdarr. I put those sets on I'm like, "ok" when I put Zaan on I go, "oh god yes"

Then when I added Caluurion I just laugh manically!
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really think the person is a potatoe and that frag-overloadspamm from stealth is survivable unless you screw up and get caught off guard. Thatwas situation was 100% my fault. Adapt and overcome and don't complain. You'll start enjoying PvP much more when you start doing that.
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I feel Zaan,

I feel Zaan more than I feel BS or Skoria or Grothdarr. I put those sets on I'm like, "ok" when I put Zaan on I go, "oh god yes"

I find the opposite. On zaan I feel, oh noes. My Zaan proc'd and it was instantly countered, doing a spectacular 3k damage, now I have to wait another 15+ sec. Similar with caluurion on my DK. Still nerf cal, too easy, uncounterable high damage. I feel skoria's 4/5k heavy drops on a target I am pressuring, and slight AoE for the rest.

I can see the high strength of both of these on a magNB, which can stay stealthier/ranged in the downtime. But for really nearly every other build. There is better.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »

I feel Zaan,

I find the opposite. On zaan I feel, oh noes. My Zaan proc'd and it was instantly countered, doing a spectacular 3k damage, now I have to wait another 15+ sec. Similar with caluurion on my DK. Still nerf cal, too easy, uncounterable high damage. I feel skoria's 4/5k heavy drops on a target I am pressuring, and slight AoE for the rest.

I can see the high strength of both of these on a magNB, which can stay stealthier/ranged in the downtime. But for really nearly every other build. There is better.

I'm running it on a Sorc. Using frost staff + reach for roots

What typically happens is:

Running to objective, suddenly my character stops moving, I'm experienced enough to know this is an NB attack and CC break before animation renders. I cast Hardened Ward (cuz I was on offensive bar) and Animation Cancel barswap. I now weave into a healing ward, weave into Mutagen, because I'm still being pressured I'll probably have to re cast Healing Ward.

Zaan has proceed. I'm still low health because Healing Ward never has a chance to proc because I don't shield stack and recast.

NB is in a bloodlust spamming the @#$&amp; outta execute or Surprise or whichever (still lower health)

Zaan now hits mid range damage. If ult up for Panacea cast that, if not swap cancel Healing, hit Wrath.

Zaan now triggers wrath, NB dead.

Or

Zaan Procs - NB runs.

I cast Streak + Detect pot, Curse and spam Reach while waiting for Wrath + Curse and a lucky frag to kill or just Zaan Procs and then it's a Dead NB.

Caluurion will proc mid Sorc combo, I mean it's just great to have reach proc it then curse hits into Wrath and implosion.

Seriously when everything lines up my opponent shines with such a bright light I can no longer see my resource bars
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭

I feel Zaan,

Running to objective, suddenly my character stops moving, I'm experienced enough to know this is an NB attack and CC break before animation renders. I cast Hardened Ward (cuz I was on offensive bar) and Animation Cancel barswap. I now weave into a healing ward, weave into Mutagen, because I'm still being pressured I'll probably have to re cast Healing Ward.

Zaan has proceed. I'm still low health because Healing Ward never has a chance to proc because I don't shield stack and recast.

NB is in a bloodlust spamming the @#$&amp; outta execute or Surprise or whichever (still lower health)

Zaan now hits mid range damage. If ult up for Panacea cast that, if not swap cancel Healing, hit Wrath.

Or

Zaan Procs - NB runs.

I cast Streak + Detect pot, Curse and spam Reach while waiting for Wrath + Curse and a lucky frag to kill or just Zaan Procs and then it's a Dead NB.

Caluurion will proc mid Sorc combo, I mean it's just great to have reach proc it then curse hits into Wrath and implosion.

Seriously when everything lines up my opponent shines with such a bright light I can no longer see my resource bars

Did a nb took your lunch money? >:)
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel Zaan,

Or

Zaan Procs - NB runs.

And my bike... And rubbed dirt in my ears... And called me hurtful names as he left

:cry:

Lmfao
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I feel Zaan,

Or

Zaan Procs - NB runs.

And my bike... And rubbed dirt in my ears... And called me hurtful names as he left

:cry:

Lmfao

Someone needs to try making Zaan vids on a magblade spamming lotus fan on marked nightblade vampires (they can't be hard to find!)
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I feel Zaan,

Or

Zaan Procs - NB runs.

That is sort of just an anti gank win though. If you go against someone who is build to eat damage, like a heavy MagDK or a templar, that won't really work as well. They'd see zaan and purge or mist. Yeah mist is basically a suicide button if using it for escape or at low mag. But it can also be a good way to turtle, and is quite worth it compared to cost extra healing you'd have to do. Meteor, mist. Destro ult, mist. Soul assault, mist. Zaan, mist. I run DR so it'd probably get half refunded too.

Because of cals easy proc, mist would eat it too. Being that close means that you are in for some issues too. Assuming cal+elf or cal+trans, it all seems to be a really duel centered build, and sustain isn't incredible, so in OW it'd be niche. Really only for scenarios where they have their guard down, where you can kill them fast because A) Offensive like your example. Or B.) A sneak up and kill.
    Edited by ak_pvp on March 8, 2018 7:39PM
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel Zaan,

Or

Zaan Procs - NB runs.

That is sort of just an anti gank win though. If you go against someone who is build to eat damage, like a heavy MagDK or a templar, that won't really work as well. They'd see zaan and purge or mist. Yeah mist is basically a suicide button if using it for escape or at low mag. But it can also be a good way to turtle, and is quite worth it compared to cost extra healing you'd have to do. Meteor, mist. Destro ult, mist. Soul assault, mist. Zaan, mist. I run DR so it'd probably get half refunded too.

Because of cals easy proc, mist would eat it too. Being that close means that you are in for some issues too. Assuming cal+elf or cal+trans, it all seems to be a really duel centered build, and sustain isn't incredible, so in OW it'd be niche. Really only for scenarios where they have their guard down, where you can kill them fast because A) Offensive like your example. Or B.) A sneak up and kill.

I'm running Cal + Trans +Zaan

In CP (this is on my dark elf sorc btw) I have 2200 Regen and sit at 2100 spell damage unbuffed, something around 33k magicka?

3.2k ish impen and 17k resistance

I've faced mist too, and I've faced cloak etc. The thing is, even if you counter it, it'll be back in like 10 seconds.

In BGs a lot of people run, Major Expedition from boundless and streak makes it easy to keep up.

What I actually do when someone uses mist is to just Cast Curse then Wrath which will pop when mist ends. I'll even hope Zaan Procs because mist limits you to only Major Expedition speed - which my Boundless + Sprint can keep in range.

Mist isn't a good counter. Neither is really running.

The best counters are Streak, Purge, and Cloak.

I'm not saying it's an auto win... But neither was TK, Dive, Malubeth etc
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happens typically to me vs zaan User:
    He attacks me i put down shade plus activate my merciless. Then I wait for zaan to proc carefully monitoring my shield, cloak if possible as fast as possible but shield first then cloak->detect pot users. Healing ward then shield again, funnel health , la until my soul teather is full. I empower my soul teather with entropy, shield before empowering thou, soul teather--->merciless. Usually a dead or almost dead zaan user, if he survives that my impale will finish him off. I don't know why people are bickering about zaan I don't think its strong, average at best with that long cooldown.
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    He attacks me i put down shade plus activate my merciless. Then I wait for zaan to proc carefully monitoring my shield, cloak if possible as fast as possible but shield first then cloak->detect pot users. Healing ward then shield again, funnel health , la until my soul teather is full. I empower my soul teather with entropy, shield before empowering thou, soul teather--->merciless. Usually a dead or almost dead zaan user, if he survives that my impale will finish him off. I don't know why people are bickering about zaan I don't think its strong, average at best with that long cooldown.

u describe this like u fight vs target skeleton.
    try to describe actions of good player with zaan against u while u doing that actions..;)
    @Anethum from .ua
  • kessik221
    kessik221
    ✭✭✭
    Ashamray wrote: »
    Zaan is kinda doing all your killing damage for you lol

Lol absolutely, that's the whole idea! I do have enough offense to make wrath etc get em.

You can always see when it fires, I kill, without it, there would be no kills

isn't it this kinda play that got all monster sets nerfed to begin with
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    diplomatt wrote: »

try to describe actions of good player with zaan against u while u doing that actions..;)

All: See Zaan, get stunned, breakfree. Not stunned, prepare to break free. Possible use of immo pot. Broken free or immune?
    Move to step two.

On NB, someone zaans and I cloak. If they have a detect pot ready, I use shade. If none of either, probable loss, but due to being outplayed, two hardcounters to zaan.

On templar. Purge. If it fails, purge again. The enemy can hit you still, but they could anyway. They can no longer CC you. Heal.

Sorc: Streak. Zaan should be broken, if you are rooted and they were infront before you, might not escape straight away, streak again. They may be stunned too.

MagDK/Magden: Mist, they beat on you, you laugh because it deals little damage.

All counters above work within a root.

Stamden: Use innate tankiness and high healing. Possible run away, but not really the best option.

StamDK: Pray and ask on the forums for buffs.
    Best houseknight EU.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

All: See Zaan, get stunned, breakfree. Not stunned, prepare to break free. Possible use of immo pot. Broken free or immune?
    Move to step two.

On NB, someone zaans and I cloak. If they have a detect pot ready, I use shade. If none of either, probable loss, but due to being outplayed, two hardcounters to zaan.

On templar. Purge. If it fails, purge again. The enemy can hit you still, but they could anyway. They can no longer CC you. Heal.

Sorc: Streak. Zaan should be broken, if you are rooted and they were infront before you, might not escape straight away, streak again. They may be stunned too.

Stamden: Use innate tankiness and high healing. Possible run away, but not really the best option.

In almost any situation outside of being a Nightblade you'll be in a situation health and resources wise which you can only backup when this happens at the beginning of the fight.

It's ridiculous how people still defend a set that deals more damage than a single target Pure damage ult
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Move to step two.

All: you just disengaged, this means if Zaan user doesn't chase this process must be repeated infinitium until you stick to deal. Open World no issue, where objectives are involved this is a serious issue.

Same issue as before, it's an auto force disengagement, if you shade (for example) and your opponent takes off the other way, you won't re-engage until it's cool down is over.

Templar: absolutely right - imo purge is the strongest counter, however it is expensive ish and it's hard to do as a stamplar

Sorc. Streak is a good counter but again forces disengagement

DK. Ok you mist... Then you're right where you were with less magicka, DK can use Zaan very well and is weak against it

Warden... Magwarden well you try to heal through - succeed then die to normal combos cuz you're outta resources

Stamden: maybe you burst em before they get you

stamDK: be bait for NBs
    Edited by Waffennacht on March 8, 2018 9:24PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »
    Ever tried efficient purge XD???

Right nothing better than having a magicka dump for 4.5k magicka that i need to use 3 times and hope to purge it great i can't think of something better to counter something this "unproblematic"

3 GCDs is tooling to try to counter it by then, you’ve eaten 4 ticks!

@Ron_Burgundy_79 l2p you pug you ;)
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey Magblade here(NO BOMBING).
    Got hit by Zaan a couple of times no.problem shielding/cloaking it even when getting chased by the zerg. Just like Soul Assault it is a NOOB CANNON ...
    Good against players who don't know it and how it works, good in Xv1 situations but sh*t against everything else. Even in PvP the long cooldown turns me off ill take skoria over Zaan any day.

Great, now I'll go to all other classes simply equip cloak and never worry about a set that deals more damage than an ultimate

Or mist, and take little damage. I do on my DK. Or purge/streak and once they fix LOS it'd be very easy to deal with when treevPing. I get the stamDKs cannot really do much with it. But shall we nerf everything else to bottom tier too?

You didnt seem to have an issue asking for nerfs to other classes when mDK was trash.

And mist was also a counter to Soul Assault. An ability you also complained about. At least be a little more consistent with ur arguments.
    Edited by pieratsos on March 8, 2018 11:27PM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Got hit by Zaan a couple of times no.problem shielding/cloaking it even when getting chased by the zerg. Just like Soul Assault it is a NOOB CANNON ...
    Good against players who don't know it and how it works, good in Xv1 situations but sh*t against everything else. Even in PvP the long cooldown turns me off ill take skoria over Zaan any day.

Great, now I'll go to all other classes simply equip cloak and never worry about a set that deals more damage than an ultimate

Or mist, and take little damage. I do on my DK. Or purge/streak and once they fix LOS it'd be very easy to deal with when treevPing. I get the stamDKs cannot really do much with it. But shall we nerf everything else to bottom tier too?

"Little damage" with vampire you take +25k from Zaan without mistform, reduce it by 75% and we're at 6,250 damage through mistform, while you lose 4k mag+2 regen ticks and eat further damage.

There is no situation outside of magblades where the cost to counter it are in any way shape or form fine to be appropriate for a damn 2 pc Proc set.

No other stat giving set gives you these numbers where people have to run away from you to actually survive. this set is unbalanced in 1v1 and even more so in Xv1

25k, thats 2-3x harness magica for magica users since you get magica back i don't See a problem here even if you are taking loads of extra damage. In a 1vs1 i don't worry 2 much about it the last 2 people using it(a stam dk and a mag dk)were pretty easy to kill (14k soul tether+16k spectral bow crit Lmao on that stam dk)...

Spamming a shield to survive the dmg of someone who basically light attacked you. Yep, definitely no issue there. How about we double the dmg of Zaan and maybe increase the duration a bit. I mean you still shield it with harness which refunds ur magicka so it would still be balanced.
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    @Waffennacht
    I see you're struggling exactly with what drives me away from Zaan on sorc: stam issues.
    Have you tried an Absorb Stamina glyph on the front staff? Could also use stam regen jewelry glyphs, but I'd rather avoid diminishing damage output...

You can easily fix stam issues on any mag char.
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel Zaan,

Or

Zaan Procs - NB runs.

In CP (this is on my dark elf sorc btw) I have 2200 Regen and sit at 2100 spell damage unbuffed, something around 33k magicka?

I've faced mist too, and I've faced cloak etc. The thing is, even if you counter it, it'll be back in like 10 seconds.

In BGs a lot of people run, Major Expedition from boundless and streak makes it easy to keep up.

What I actually do when someone uses mist is to just Cast Curse then Wrath which will pop when mist ends. I'll even hope Zaan Procs because mist limits you to only Major Expedition speed - which my Boundless + Sprint can keep in range.

Shenron coming from an experienced player, you should either be running lich, amber, or shacklebreaker as you main 5 piece on a sorc then build around that. But the sets ur rocking aren’t capable of sustaining against a couple opponents.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »

You didnt seem to have an issue asking for nerfs to other classes when mDK was trash.

And mist was also a counter to Soul Assault. An ability you also complained about. At least be a little more consistent with ur arguments.

MDK didn't get buffed overall, still absolute hot trash in OW solo, just everything else just sucks now too.

My problem back in the day was when they gave sorc (One of the meta at the time) petrify, but better. Shields are still BS, and I still want them changed and replaced with better defensive mobility that isn't just spam streak and run away. The rest of the class got hit when they changed rune to be 70% more costly, and took stun from frags, which forced master destro, which then pidgeonholed sorcs further. That plus a few meta shifts later sorc is now low tier.

Soul assault killed 4/5 med armour specs, without worth while counter for med armour users (bar cloak/LOS.) Zaan has more counters, thus is not OP.

You are comparing apples to cats, all because you are scared of the big numbers of zaan.
    Edited by ak_pvp on March 9, 2018 12:53AM
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zParallaxz wrote: »

I feel Zaan,

Or

Zaan Procs - NB runs.

Shenron coming from an experienced player, you should either be running lich, amber, or shacklebreaker as you main 5 piece on a sorc then build around that. But the sets ur rocking aren’t capable of sustaining against a couple opponents.

He's building for Zaan, not your typical sustain build.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good against players who don't know it and how it works, good in Xv1 situations but [snip] against everything else. Even in PvP the long cooldown turns me off ill take skoria over Zaan any day.

MDK didn't get buffed overall, still absolute hot trash in OW solo, just everything else just sucks now too.

My problem back in the day was when they gave sorc (One of the meta at the time) petrify, but better. Shields are still BS, and I still want them changed and replaced with better defensive mobility that isn't just spam streak and run away. The rest of the class got hit when they changed rune to be 70% more costly, and took stun from frags, which forced master destro, which then pidgeonholed sorcs further. That plus a few meta shifts later sorc is now low tier.

Soul assault killed 4/5 med armour specs, without worth while counter for med armour users (bar cloak/LOS.) Zaan has more counters, thus is not OP.

You are comparing apples to cats, all because you are scared of the big numbers of zaan.

That is just wrong, magdk is a great OW class, skaffa, akagami, Dra Gu, altaris, AngryLizard and many more proof that every day.

Magdk got many buffs either direct or indirect, off balance changes gave magdk better magicka sustain, burning effect change made a useless dot a 1-1.6k dot that keeps up with talon dot.
    Magdk 1vX needs it's situational awareness on the exact opposite of magsorc.
    Magsorc has extremely easy kiting but killing the opponents is much harder and your situational awareness and experience will help you to decide when and who you can kill.
    On Magdk the fighting against multiple targets is relatively easy when compared to magsorcs, magnbs or stamnbs, the major of your toolkit is AoE and applies dots to everyone, perfect to show you which of the X are too dumb to heal themselves. If you however lack your experience how to Kite and where to kite then you'll be at the spawn as fast as a sorc trying to kill that sniper instead of reapplying his shields.

Magdk is a beast in OW and even more devastating in 1v1 situations. When you can work around snares with chains, FM or Mistform you'll see how strong magdk is

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on March 9, 2018 2:14PM
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

We are not scared of big numbers, we just point out how ridiculously stupid it is to give even the lowest damage builds in the game the opportunity to kill a player by spamming light attacks or to win every Xv1 X∈{1,∞) at will by building around one stupid 2 piece set that dumps down the needed input to deal huge amounts of damage with no 100% viablecounterplay available
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is just wrong, magdk is a great OW class, skaffa, akagami, Dra Gu, altaris, AngryLizard and many more proof that every day.

Magdk got many buffs either direct or indirect, off balance changes gave magdk better magicka sustain, burning effect change made a useless dot a 1-1.6k dot that keeps up with talon dot.
    Magsorc has extremely easy kiting but killing the opponents is much harder and your situational awareness and experience will help you to decide when and who you can kill.
    On Magdk the fighting against multiple targets is relatively easy when compared to magsorcs, magnbs or stamnbs, the major of your toolkit is AoE and applies dots to everyone, perfect to show you which of the X are too dumb to heal themselves. If you however lack your experience how to Kite and where to kite then you'll be at the spawn as fast as a sorc trying to kill that sniper instead of reapplying his shields.

Magdk is a beast in OW and even more devastating in 1v1 situations. When you can work around snares with chains, FM or Mistform you'll see how strong magdk is

And we only get to see the successful attempts at 1vX. Most experience mDKs I see cannot even 1vX anymore because they may try mist form and thin out numbers a bit to get the burst timing and yet they cannot do that in timely manner and die most of the times. All the while hoping that the opponents are complete potato. And that is the only way 1vX is possible, complete potatoes being in the fight. MDK might be good at 1v1 but it is in no way good shape when it comes to OW solo. Other builds and classes definitely do fare better.

As far as the Zaan goes. It does not respect LOS rule (I got Zaan still on me while my opponent was still in the gatehouse and I had the wall between me and them while trying to jump down). And it does seem to do quite a lot of damage. It's like getting hit by 4 DBoS in succession. I tried kiting people yesterday and one of the stamblades had Zaan and it ate through my shield so fast. I survived long enough to see like 5 zaan procs because of shields until I got ran over by 10 more people. It probably should do damage of 1 ult at the most not 4.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on March 9, 2018 1:48AM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

And we only get to see the successful attempts at 1vX. Most experience mDKs I see cannot even 1vX anymore because they may try mist form and thin out numbers a bit to get the burst timing and yet they cannot do that in timely manner and die most of the times. All the while hoping that the opponents are complete potato. And that is the only way 1vX is possible, complete potatoes being in the fight. MDK might be good at 1v1 but it is in no way good shape when it comes to OW solo. Other builds and classes definitely do fare better.

As far as the Zaan goes. It does not respect LOS rule (I got Zaan still on me while my opponent was still in the gatehouse and I had the wall between me and them while trying to jump down). And it does seem to do quite a lot of damage. It's like getting hit by 4 DBoS in succession. I tried kiting people yesterday and one of the stamblades had Zaan and it ate through my shield so fast. I survived long enough to see like 5 zaan procs because of shields until I got ran over by 10 more. It probably should do damage of 1 ult at the most not 4.

Those must be pathetic DKs then.
    Of course it's boring to watch a video in which the protagonist dies everytime before he can kill all enemies or 90% of the fight is running around a tree or up and down the tower. They still win the fights or get some kills but it's boring to see so it doesn't make it into the videos.

When fighting potatoes magdk is a dream, you can simply use talons, drain essence Kite for 5 seconds and then one shot them with leap or you just stay infront of them and laughing your ass off because they tickle you at best.

Only stamwarden, magnb, stamnb and magsorc (for potato stomping) work equally good or better, mostly because they can get away once the zerg tries to get you. But the other specs can only dream about the 1vX capabilities of a magdk combat effectiveness wise